Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
in the garage there is a drive with option, when selecting aunt it throws following error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/map.rpy", line 754, in script call
    $ act_manage(2 + vehicle_time, -2 + vehicle_energy, place = "dale")
  File "game/map.rpy", line 678, in script call
    $ act_manage(2 + vehicle_time, -2 + vehicle_energy, place = "acre")
  File "game/map.rpy", line 956, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/map.rpy", line 414, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/map.rpy", line 4573, in script call
    " "
  File "game/map.rpy", line 887, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/story/family/f4_story.rpy", line 3790, in script
    show expression move_town_car_night[choice]
  File "game/story/family/f4_story.rpy", line 3790, in <module>
NameError: name 'move_town_car_night' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    ' '
    ' '
    " "
    ' '
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1197, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1153, in show_imspec
    expression = renpy.python.py_eval(expression)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City 1.3
Sun May  1 10:59:13 2022
Thanks for the report. As soon as my friend wakes up we'll get it fixed and post the hotfix.

How to progress from jen's 18th event?
You need to see the two blowjob events in Jen's room and bathroom then go to sleep.

fekjames

Feb 6, 2022
Thanks for the report. As soon as my friend wakes up we'll get it fixed and post the hotfix.

You need to see the two blowjob events in Jen's room and bathroom then go to sleep.
Thanks and what about the 25th event of Jen, im watching cam at the evening but nothing happens

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
in the garage there is a drive with option, when selecting aunt it throws following error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    ' '
    ' '
    " "
    ' '

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    ' '
    ' '
    " "
    ' '
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1197, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1153, in show_imspec
    expression = renpy.python.py_eval(expression)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City 1.3
Sun May  1 10:59:13 2022
Here, the fix. I've put the instruction in the zip files. But, should you have any problem, please inform us so that we can help you.

- Unzip and copy paste everything under game folder (A Tale of one City/game/...)
- You'll have to overwrite two files, and click 'yes'.

Last edited:

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
This game makes me feel the developer has no clue what the fuck time is. It takes half the fucking day to have breakfast and travel to your job. Has the dev every travelled in a city before? How do you have a quick conversation with someone and an entire time block of hours gets used up? This comes across as lazy coding or complete cluelessness of how time actually works in the real world.

Conversation interactions shouldn't advance time by hours, travelling to your job shouldn't take fucking 4 hours. having a shower even if you fucking jerk off doesn't take hours. Everything you do in this game has an idiotic timing of hours for things that easily could be done within one time block. I rarely see games that use this type of time progression do so in such a ham fisted way.

Here is a reality check. I should be able to wake up in the morning talk to every person in the house, have breakfast, have a shower and take the bus to work and arrive at work in the morning work the day, talk to everyone at work. Leave work and arrive home during the evening. That is what a reasonable time scale looks like. Your time scale is, i scratched my ass that advances time by hours.

Reactions: Mymy

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
This game makes me feel the developer has no clue what the fuck time is. It takes half the fucking day to have breakfast and travel to your job. Has the dev every travelled in a city before? How do you have a quick conversation with someone and an entire time block of hours gets used up? This comes across as lazy coding or complete cluelessness of how time actually works in the real world.

Conversation interactions shouldn't advance time by hours, travelling to your job shouldn't take fucking 4 hours. having a shower even if you fucking jerk off doesn't take hours. Everything you do in this game has an idiotic timing of hours for things that easily could be done within one time block. I rarely see games that use this type of time progression do so in such a ham fisted way.

Here is a reality check. I should be able to wake up in the morning talk to every person in the house, have breakfast, have a shower and take the bus to work and arrive at work in the morning work the day, talk to everyone at work. Leave work and arrive home during the evening. That is what a reasonable time scale looks like. Your time scale is, i scratched my ass that advances time by hours.

Sorry for your bad experience.

You're right about the part that coding isn't great with our game, and I'm not being sarcastic.
It was our first time making a game and time-system was one of our first task that it does have some flaws.
But isn't there many games in this genre that limits how many actions you can take within a day?

To be honest I'm not sure if we will change the current system to be honest as it'll cost too much time and we've already finished our renewal with v1.4.

Regarding how much it takes to move to another location, it'll gradually reduce as you progress on getting a car and stuff.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MooseMager

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Okay,nice but where patch 1.2 to 1.3 ?
If you are referring to update only file from v1.2 to 1.3, we do have the file but we decided to skip it this time since we didn't have time to fix all its errors due to lack of time (v1.4 renewal work....)

And, for v1.4 there won't be any update only file again since it's renewal version that we changed a lot of structure in the game.... Sorry about that.

However, we are going to provide update-only file beginning from v1.4 to 1.5 while providing save-compatible feature for all future updates from there that you'll be able to keep your save file starting from v1.4.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
If you are referring to update only file from v1.2 to 1.3, we do have the file but we decided to skip it this time since we didn't have time to fix all its errors due to lack of time (v1.4 renewal work....)

And, for v1.4 there won't be any update only file again since it's renewal version that we changed a lot of structure in the game.... Sorry about that.

However, we are going to provide update-only file beginning from v1.4 to 1.5 while providing save-compatible feature for all future updates from there that you'll be able to keep your save file starting from v1.4.
Okay,nice info (Thanks for answer)

chechillo

Feb 19, 2019
Try during weekends. Yeah, the hint isn't clear enough with that part. We've fixed it for the next update.
it worked, thanks, btw you should check the two last events for kyley, i did the 1st photoshot on saturday, when it said sunday and the second in thursday when it said saturday

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
it worked, thanks, btw you should check the two last events for kyley, i did the 1st photoshot on saturday, when it said sunday and the second in thursday when it said saturday
Wow, thanks a lot. We'll look into them right away!

Hakkira

Donor
Jul 15, 2017
Wow, thanks a lot. We'll look into them right away!
Hiya mate as one of your regular band Patrons I have been playing through 1.4 and I am confused by some things...:oops:

In particular the scenes for Cherry and Tori :unsure:

Like those flashback scenes are the many similar types of scenes for all characters or is it just mainly those two as I have started to dread delving further at the moment? :eek:

Were those scenes in 1.3 or a recent addition btw?

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Hiya mate as one of your regular band Patrons I have been playing through 1.4 and I am confused by some things...:oops:

In particular the scenes for Cherry and Tori :unsure:

Like those flashback scenes are the many similar types of scenes for all characters or is it just mainly those two as I have started to dread delving further at the moment? :eek:

Were those scenes in 1.3 or a recent addition btw?
They were part of renewal. We are trying to put many different vibes and fetishes so you don't have to worry about getting the same stuff again and again. Cherry was mostly for character build-up purpose while Tori was more like due to lack-of-contents that fits her original character that we slightly changed her character to match it with some of the added videos. We do plan to add more characters with certain characters but they need to have videos that'd match them.

We thought one of the main problem we have for the early-part of the game was that it lacked exciting contents (other than slow pace and grind). Thus, we renewed Cherry and Tori's story.

Anyways, flashback scenes would be used in other characters, too but not necessarily everyone and they will serve two purposes (1. showing their characters / 2. more contents). And flashback scenes could be non-sexual scenes, too.

And, thanks for sharing. It really helps us a lot with our planning for update contents.

Reactions: Hakkira

Hakkira

Donor
Jul 15, 2017
They were part of renewal. We are trying to put many different vibes and fetishes so you don't have to worry about getting the same stuff again and again. Cherry was mostly for character build-up purpose while Tori was more like due to lack-of-contents that fits her original character that we slightly changed her character to match it with some of the added videos. We do plan to add more characters with certain characters but they need to have videos that'd match them.

We thought one of the main problem we have for the early-part of the game was that it lacked exciting contents (other than slow pace and grind). Thus, we renewed Cherry and Tori's story.

Anyways, flashback scenes would be used in other characters, too but not necessarily everyone and they will serve two purposes (1. showing their characters / 2. more contents). And flashback scenes could be non-sexual scenes, too.

And, thanks for sharing. It really helps us a lot with our planning for update contents.
Thanks for the in depth reply Mymy (y)

I understand the logic of what you have said but while I am all for more exciting scenes, I am only in favor of such if it involves my character as anything else just leaves a bit of a bad taste but that's just my opinion ;)

The biggest issue with it being Cherry and Tori is that every player HAS to do their content if they want any hope of progressing in the game as their quests are tied into the main narrative so everyone who plays has no choice but to go through content they might find distasteful...:eek:

Again maybe I am being a bit too sensitive but I am at least 50% that when 1.4 hits here at f95 there will be many arguments on what is and isn't NTR...o_O

Anyway I will go into more spoilers territory on your replies to my Patreon comments ;)

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for the in depth reply Mymy (y)

I understand the logic of what you have said but while I am all for more exciting scenes, I am only in favor of such if it involves my character as anything else just leaves a bit of a bad taste but that's just my opinion ;)

The biggest issue with it being Cherry and Tori is that every player HAS to do their content if they want any hope of progressing in the game as their quests are tied into the main narrative so everyone who plays has no choice but to go through content they might find distasteful...:eek:

Again maybe I am being a bit too sensitive but I am at least 50% that when 1.4 hits here at f95 there will be many arguments on what is and isn't NTR...o_O

Anyway I will go into more spoilers territory on your replies to my Patreon comments ;)
Thanks for your insightful feedback!

Some of our future planned contents includes NTR and netori but most of them (that are story related not optional) will be netori while we do have plan for adding a little bit of ntr that is avoidable. Since the MC will evolve into alpha as it's originally planned, you won't have to worry about the game suddenly changes it's genre. :)

p.s. we are adding choices for users to skip characters (not all but we'll try to give options to many) Cherry, Mrs. Jackson won't be skippable and there'd be more characters with stories that has to be played through but we'll try to give as much choices as possible.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 29 Votes