Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.
Regarding the pre-req, I think it'd help if you use hint tab accessible via hint button in the left menu.
Hahaha
I WAS using that...

To progress with A I had to do blah blah event 27 at there and progress with B to blah blah level, However B needed me to progress with C to level 4 and have seen D's scene 5 etc etc... It just seemed never ending.

Snuz

Aug 25, 2018
At that point I just think I'm done with your game. The sex battle are just either crashing, or simply impossible to win... So yeah... That's a shame because I liked it...

Reactions: Mymy and kinghell

kinghell

Jul 24, 2017
Seems as if the longer the playtime,
1. the more stupid MC gets so that there is more grind and irrelevant conversation.
2. the 'powers' get more irrelevant so that there is more grind and confusion.
3. the more battles get relevant so that there is more grind and confusion.

There is no USB in the shop and cant make head or tail of the battles. Also, most of the hints need more hints to really mean anything. Personally the enjoyment of the game was completely destroyed by the grind and confusion. In fact the confusion piqued my interest, as to whether the game is playable at all at it current state which is why I stuck with it till a certain point (no USB)!!

But thank you for the game. I really liked the start of the game and concept/art. I probably am stupid that I found the game confusing since a lot of others have found it otherwise. My sincere apologies if I hurt any feelings - just surprised that something that was so satisfying at start could become so frustrating with progression.

Reactions: Zure and Mymy

KVAtlantis

Dec 27, 2017
I think this hole battle system is the biggest nogo he coult implement and if he will not get better ideas the game will be only grinding the dev will lose more and more patreons and in the end the game gets abadoned. i rely loved the game ad the beginning but now its the biggest shitty game i have ever seen sorry dev but in this state i will not play this game any more and that was why i iven delitet my support on patreon as well p.s sorry for bad englich

Reactions: Mymy

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
We'll be uploading v1.3 within an hour or two and I'm writing this really quick since I need to get back to work on v1.4 and won't be able to come back for couple of hours.
I've read all your messages and thanks for the feedback. A lot of them are already fixed in v1.4 if not in v1.3 public. (Such as minigame skip option)

Changelog for v1.3 public

v1.3

1. Story

1) House part
a) Jen route - 12 events
b) Chloe - 5 events
c) Kyley - 3 events

2) Company part
- Emily - 1 short event

3) Introducing date system
- You can access to this via new address app in the smartphone menu.
- Currently, only Eve and May's date events has been implemented (1 each so far)
- Date event is repeatable event with reward scenes
- More will be added in the future. (Different dates on locations for each characters)

2. Skills and bonuses
Buff system added
- You can get buff (few debuff) from 34 actions (ex: relax, drink coffee, and etc.)
- Mostly on basic battle stats but few actions buff job accomplishment (give additional +1 bonus)

3. GUI Improvement
- Improved smartphone menu
- Improved Repeatable sex event controller menu

4. etc.
- more sound effect and bgm added
- added traits to main characters
- added new battle tutorials
- added short store closed images

5. Bug fix
- All the perk system related bugs fixed

6. Mini-game Skip: Mini-game Skip option is added to all the story-minigames.
Since we had to add this in the already made v1.3 version, there could be some bugs. (even though we tried to check as much as possible) And, we had a packed schedule since we were on packed schedule for renewal in v1.4 that we barely managed to add the skip option to the game. So please report us any bug if you find one.
We'll be releasing v1.4 patreon within few hours so, after that we can spare time to make a bug-fix if you guys give us any bug report.

In addition, Save-Compatiblity issue has been finally resolved and it is implemented in v.1.4. (It will be available in Public version in May update)
In case anyone wonder why we didn't include it in v1.3 public, we simply didn't have time to do so.

Last edited:

Gyron

Mar 3, 2017
I can't progress Jen as there is no option to call her to the living room, and the game seems to revert back to Jen 20 event if you scroll up to try and reread text during an event, removing any progress you made with Chloe and Kyley.

truestory89

Jan 6, 2019
The battles are incredibly annoying and not even close to fun

Also if you know anyone who can help you with the grammar that would be great

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
I can't progress Jen as there is no option to call her to the living room, and the game seems to revert back to Jen 20 event if you scroll up to try and reread text during an event, removing any progress you made with Chloe and Kyley.

When you enter the living room before sunset during weekends, the event will automatically trigger. Sorry the hint wasn't accurate. We'll fix it. Thanks for the report.

Reactions: truestory89

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
The battles are incredibly annoying and not even close to fun

Also if you know anyone who can help you with the grammar that would be great
Thanks for the feedblack. It's largely at an early stage for now and we made it skippable from this version so that you can bypass them.

We had one volunteer but lost contact. We've revised a lot of the script and more (completely rewrote Cherry and Tori and few other early events) with the renewal and it's coming in public in May. So hopefully it doesn't bother you as much.

And, since I'm getting these a lot as soon as we began the project I'm genuinely curious that I have to ask you this. Is the grammar in the game that bad? I mean i had to rush a lot of it for the early part (cherry, tori+ other early events) but I was quite baffled to be honest to have the grammar pointed out by almost everyone...

Last edited:
Reactions: truestory89

truestory89

Jan 6, 2019
Thanks for the feedblack. It's largely at an early stage for now and we made it skippable from this version so that you can bypass them.

We had one volunteer but lost contact. We've revised a lot of the script and more (completely rewrote Cherry and Tori and few other early events) with the renewal and it's coming in public in May. So hopefully it doesn't bother you as much.

And, since I'm getting these a lot as soon as we began the project I'm genuinely curious that I have to ask you this. Is the grammar in the game that bad? I mean i had to rush a lot of it for the early part (cherry, tori+ other early events) but I was quite baffled to be honest to have the grammar pointed out by almost everyone...
It's not always bad, like you mentioned it's especially noticeable the first few minutes. Some sentences feel like they've been put together by a bot but overall it's not a dealbreaker.

By the way some of the battles are still not skippable like the "Find a partner for a quickie", don't know if that's intended or not

Mymy

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
It's not always bad, like you mentioned it's especially noticeable the first few minutes. Some sentences feel like they've been put together by a bot but overall it's not a dealbreaker.

By the way some of the battles are still not skippable like the "Find a partner for a quickie", don't know if that's intended or not
Thanks for your honest feedback. We've already rewritten the whole early part of the game (especially Tori and Cherry) during our renewal and it'll be presented in next update, and my fingers are crossed.

Regarding the battle, we only put skip options for the story-related one (not the generic ones). We thought those who aren't interested in the minigame wouldn't event bother playing that part. And, we didn't have time to do that anyways.

icebarrage

Jun 9, 2019
in the garage there is a drive with option, when selecting aunt it throws following error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/map.rpy", line 754, in script call
    $ act_manage(2 + vehicle_time, -2 + vehicle_energy, place = "dale")
  File "game/map.rpy", line 678, in script call
    $ act_manage(2 + vehicle_time, -2 + vehicle_energy, place = "acre")
  File "game/map.rpy", line 956, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/map.rpy", line 414, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/map.rpy", line 4573, in script call
    " "
  File "game/map.rpy", line 887, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/story/family/f4_story.rpy", line 3790, in script
    show expression move_town_car_night[choice]
  File "game/story/family/f4_story.rpy", line 3790, in <module>
NameError: name 'move_town_car_night' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/map.rpy", line 956, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/map.rpy", line 414, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/map.rpy", line 4573, in script call
    " "
  File "game/map.rpy", line 887, in script call
    ' '
  File "game/story/family/f4_story.rpy", line 3790, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1197, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1153, in show_imspec
    expression = renpy.python.py_eval(expression)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/story/family/f4_story.rpy", line 3790, in <module>
NameError: name 'move_town_car_night' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
A Tale of One City 1.3
Sun May  1 10:59:13 2022

2.10 star(s) 29 Votes