VN Ren'Py A Thousand Rounds [Prologue] [NME Artworks]

4.90 star(s) 15 Votes

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1724681269860.png

Hey everyone, sorry this is late. The weekend just slipped right through my fingers. Not a ton to report, but still significant. Character conversions are nearly done. I'm still having some issues with hair, and a lot of models need either redoing or touching up. I'll be done I think before the first week of September, but we will see. Can't rush this part of it. If the models are fucked up, it just creates more work down the line. Need to have everything set up properly before moving forward. This doesn't mean just the materials. It means ensuring I have all my edits to these things called "shape keys" and ensuring each item brought in from Daz is converted to Blender native shaders, as well as planning for future scenes regarding clothing (which is such a huge fucking pain in the ass by the way). However, I have also been breaking up the monotony of character conversion/troubleshooting with environment creation and pose/light/render testing. Patrons who aren't on the Discord will get a "photo dump" in the near future of the one-offs I've been doing (that weren't ass, anyways). So, all in all, progress towards teeing up chapter 1 continues. To get ready for the start, I will eventually need to do some animation testing, very specifically with the camera, since the start of chapter 1 will be an animation with a fly through camera shot. While I imagine it's much easier in Blender, I don't want to assume, and Daz camera control on the animation timeline was fucking atrocious. I think that about covers everything for this week. I'll be working on continuing to model the environments in-between polishing the character conversions. Oh! That reminds me. Just so everyone is aware. Ruby had to be remade, as her old model was completely incompatible with Blender. This was a good thing anyways, as one of our main LI's in the game is Ruby's sister, and they looked nothing alike before (being on different model generations, it was very difficult to get them to look similar). Now I modeled the new Ruby side by side with her sister and she looks better than ever.

Alright that turned out longer than I thought it would. I hope everyone has a great week. To my followers; I'll catch you next Sunday. To my Patrons; you know where to find me.

Stay frosty,
NME

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I love a slow burn game like this. Very well done. I do have a point of confusion though. There are a few "x amount of time has passed" situations which makes my next statements a bit ambiguous. It seems like the MC and the sisters are in a romantic situation but it isn't very clear how much intimacy they have with one another. Trying to understand if a deeper intimacy is implied but not shown (which is fine) or if they really haven't gone past the occasional smooch (which is also fine). Especially considering you have a scene where the MC visits that one woman, but doesn't want to cheat on the sisters. Which leads one to believe that the relationship with the sisters is more than just good friends with kissing privileges. I'd be grateful if you'd clarify that for me.

Reactions: rolfcopter

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I love a slow burn game like this. Very well done. I do have a point of confusion though. There are a few "x amount of time has passed" situations which makes my next statements a bit ambiguous. It seems like the MC and the sisters are in a romantic situation but it isn't very clear how much intimacy they have with one another. Trying to understand if a deeper intimacy is implied but not shown (which is fine) or if they really haven't gone past the occasional smooch (which is also fine). Especially considering you have a scene where the MC visits that one woman, but doesn't want to cheat on the sisters. Which leads one to believe that the relationship with the sisters is more than just good friends with kissing privileges. I'd be grateful if you'd clarify that for me.
How I understand it:
- MC moves in
- Timeskip of about 2 weeks.
- He tells his boss "it's not like that" when he remarks about the twins
- Timeskip of several months
- MC and the twins have grown closer, but aren't romantically involved
- the twins make their move, MC goes along with it (there's no real characterization to call it otherwise)
- Movie night on that same day
- Date with Hailey is the day after
- That afternoon they leave

So how I understand it is that there wasn't any time to "seal the deal". Though it's possible it happened offscreen with Haley.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1725119531541.png

Hey everyone. Gonna do the log early since I'm unfreezing Patreon anyways. I don't tend to spend a lot of time over here, so I try and make the most of the time I spend here. Almost all of the models are done. I still have a couple hair assets to work out and a couple models who still need to tweaking, and one that needs to be redone with a completely new set of materials. The process is pretty quick for me now though, so I should have all of that done by next weekend. Environment went on a bit of a halt to focus on completing the characters conversions. There was a lot of headway on that this week. I also did some posing, lighting, compositing practice. It was a really good week for ATR. As the title indicates, I have unfrozen the Patreon. You should be free to pledge if you wish. I don't do monthly billing but for new members you might want to wait until tomorrow (the 1st) anyways because in November PATREON IS FORCING CREATORS TO SWITCH TO MONTHLY BILLING WHERE REGARDLESS, YOU WILL CHARGED ON THE 1ST. Just a heads up for anyone signed up on a different date. You won't be charged twice or anything, but something to keep in mind so you don't seem shocked that you were charged on the 1st and not the Nth day of the month when November rolls around.

We are currently looking for new avenues for music, since the lewd content in Ch 1 negates the majority of the Prologues music licenses. I'll hunker down and start reaching out to new artists once production kicks back up, but for now, thanks to a good dev friend, I do have some great CC options and we also have plenty of cinematic music thanks to Phel and his obsession with Humble Bundles who put me on to a game music collection many moons ago.

Alright, I think that about covers it this week. I'll be dumping the Blender art that I kept in a post for Patrons soon. The images are scattered across a few different test folders, so I need to hunt them down, but keep an eye out for that post today. I hope you all have a great week. To my followers, I'll catch you next weekend. To m Patrons; you know where to find me.

Stay frosty,
NME

Reactions: rolfcopter
4.90 star(s) 15 Votes