NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
Mom's event 1 is triggered after/before sis event 3 which is finding out what her erased texted link was about, which leads to her telling you that mom what's you home that night. Mom's event 1 is her talking about being lonely on the couch until the dad interrupts them. This counts as her event 1 but it immediately goes into event 2 whether or not you go out into the hallway to check on parents room to hear them going at it. The mom's event 2 is her asking the next morning if they were to noisy for you to hear. This event cannot be skipped simple by sleeping as the map is locked.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
This event cannot be skipped simple by sleeping as the map is locked.
Okay, so why would you want to skip that event?

There is no limit to how far you are allowed to be in the Mom route before starting the MomxSis our any other route. So why not just continue until after the Mom even 2 and then see if the combined route triggers?

In any case, as said before, you will probably need to manually set the combined route to 1. It should hopefully work after that, but there may well be further bugs.

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
Okay, so why would you want to skip that event?

There is no limit to how far you are allowed to be in the Mom route before starting the MomxSis our any other route. So why not just continue until after the Mom even 2 and then see if the combined route triggers?

In any case, as said before, you will probably need to manually set the combined route to 1. It should hopefully work after that, but there may well be further bugs.
The thing is I've gotten pretty far into both the Mom route and Sis route and still didn't trigger the event for the MomxSis route. I just don't know what that event is suppose to be or look like. If it's early on in the side story is it some word or phrase I'm not picking. Like does the sister need to catch you with the mom or do I need to tell the mom I have feelings for the sister during her event 1 or what? All we get as a guide is how to trigger (mom 1 sis 5 on a Friday night) which I've done but nothing happens. I've even gone further into there event and still nothing. I've been told that you don't need to go the other world in the main story since the MomxSis event can be triggered before that but I haven't seen it. If I new how the event is suppose to play out maybe then I could figure out what needs to be done to trigger it. Of course I could also change the event settings but it will bug me that I still couldn't find the trigger in the first place since I've already done what it asked of me.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
As I’ve said in pretty much every post, the coding is probably just broken. It is highly possible that it is impossible to start the route without cheating.

The coding of the game is bad in general and the MomxSis route has had numerous issues since it was implemented. In fact, there used to be several more steps where you used to be stuck and had to cheat to continue. (Luckily, those other errors seem to have been fixed.)

>If I new how the event is suppose to play out maybe then I could figure out what needs to be done to trigger it.

There is no even associated with step 0, which is where you are probably stuck. That is also probably the reason why it cannot be triggered.

For step 1, you are supposed to walk in on Mom and Sis cuddling on the couch together. (A large part of the route is stumbling upon the Mom and Sis being affectionate to each other.)

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
As I’ve said in pretty much every post, the coding is probably just broken. It is highly possible that it is impossible to start the route without cheating.

The coding of the game is bad in general and the MomxSis route has had numerous issues since it was implemented. In fact, there used to be several more steps where you used to be stuck and had to cheat to continue. (Luckily, those other errors seem to have been fixed.)

>If I new how the event is suppose to play out maybe then I could figure out what needs to be done to trigger it.

There is no even associated with step 0, which is where you are probably stuck. That is also probably the reason why it cannot be triggered.

For step 1, you are supposed to walk in on Mom and Sis cuddling on the couch together. (A large part of the route is stumbling upon the Mom and Sis being affectionate to each other.)
Ok that makes sense though story wise them cuddling doesn't maybe it would if you didn't show up on time and that how it's suppose to play out since the sister is the one who does text you about mom wanting you to come home that night. It makes it sound more like the sister doesn't want to hang out with the mom that night and is pushing it on to you instead, so that would make a lot more sense. But it's sounding more like this setup was skipped for some reason or left out and is why this event is not triggering.

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
Now I'm wondering how your suppose to trigger the event since they both have to have a reason to do so. What would cause them both to seek comfort in each other? I know the mom's lonely but the sister just wants to hid her secrets but the mom already knows them. So what is the thing that sets the sister off then?

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
It makes it sound more like the sister doesn't want to hang out with the mom that night and is pushing it on to you instead, so that would make a lot more sense.
Sounds that way, yeah.
Now I'm wondering how your suppose to trigger the event since they both have to have a reason to do so. What would cause them both to seek comfort in each other? I know the mom's lonely but the sister just wants to hid her secrets but the mom already knows them. So what is the thing that sets the sister off then?
As far as my interpretation goes, the MomxSis path is supposed to parallel the MCxMom path. Key difference being that the expectations are different.

On the Mom’s side, she has some kind of empty-nest syndrome and is suddenly abused by / feels abandoned by the "father".
Both Mom and Sis are also affected by the sex world influence to some degree, presumably.

The MC is going to school, has vague plans for university and the Mom is afraid he will leave the nest, triggering her feelings of abandonment. As a guy, the mother also wishes for him to "man up"/ take up part of the role the father seems to have abandoned. As a consequence, their relationship is very emotionally charged on her side. She takes out her frustrations on him, then feels guilty etc.

The sister has dropped out of school and has a job (two, technically) in the same city. She is less of a trigger for the empty nest syndrome. Additionally, their girl-to-girl relationship more easily lends itself to casual intimacy. As such, their relationship is much more mellow and positive.

Of course, several parts of the game feel mashed together with very little regard for coherency. Who knows what Geeseki or the writer actually intended?

-------

Unrelated, but the new update seems to be done. Jan 24th was the last time Geeseki marked anything complete and just now, the remaining to-do list was merged into the to-do list for the next version. 2-week early access should release tomorrow. Full release presumably in 15 days.

Last edited:

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
While the new update is still behind a paywall, Geeseki has released the first version of a new game free of charge:

Detected After Dark:

• It’s a hidden-object type game. Players switch through 6 cameras in a house. If anything changes, they can report the anomaly. Miss too many and you game over.
  • This game is clearly a copied from the horror game series "I'm on Observation Duty", found here:
  • On first glance, the game seems unrelated to A Town Uncovered. However, the MC of ATU has just convinced Edward to install cameras all over town. The goal of that was to catch anomalies relating to the interdimensional breach… so basically the same premise as Detected After Dark. I wouldn’t be surprised if Geeseki was working out how to implement the mechanic and then decided to make a standalone game out of it.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Has the grind been fixed in this game? Not a single change log states anything about the awful grind it had when I played it a while back. The grind was totally unplayable month 3 and no progress was just utter nonsense.

Reactions: whosthatguy

jinklebonk

Jan 9, 2021
Has the grind been fixed in this game? Not a single change log states anything about the awful grind it had when I played it a while back. The grind was totally unplayable month 3 and no progress was just utter nonsense.
Pretty sure it's still the same, and it doesn't seem like it'll be worked on any time soon, with the priority right now being implementing all the scenes and writing more story, and occasionally patching out a couple bugs to make up for the 15 added in every release.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Pretty sure it's still the same, and it doesn't seem like it'll be worked on any time soon, with the priority right now being implementing all the scenes and writing more story, and occasionally patching out a couple bugs to make up for the 15 added in every release.
Thanks I won't touch this game than.. guess I have to give up hope after all this time still has shitty grind.. fuck that.

dirheim

Aug 15, 2018
Is the cheat code for 0.37 the same for 0.36?
I don't know which version to download, or to use a mod, since it seems this game involve a lot of grinding

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I don't know which version to download, or to use a mod, since it seems this game involve a lot of grinding
The newest available version is v0.37. Cheatcode is "wrapitup".
The only mod I know of is the Cheat Enabler. It acts the same as typing in the cheat code does.

v0.38 is already out on Patreon. I recommend waiting until someone leaks it, probably in a week or so.

Soucer

Donor
Nov 1, 2019
A Town Uncovered 0.38b

Removed links as main post has been updated now.

Cheatcode: diditmove

Alpha 0.38a - The Red Ribbon Update
+Main Story Progress
+Updated More H-Scenes to new H-Scene Code Structure
+Added Office Copy Machine Mini-game
+Added Email Proofreading Mini-game
+Added Post Nut Clarity CG Scene
+Added Lashley’s Eye 2 Eye Kiss CG
+Added Patron-voted H-Scene #1 (Missus x Jane x MC in Boxfort)
+Added Patron-voted H-Scene #2 (Lashley visits you on a Sunday after the 20th)
+Added Lashley’s Bedroom Interior BG
+Added Eloise’s Office Location
+Added Office Supply Room Location
+Added Lashley Movie Dates
+Added Edward’s Actual VR Headset Mini-side story
+Fixed Townhouse button lighting bug
+Fixed Lashley’s Objective too long bug
+Fixed Alanna showing up when she’s on break bug
+Fixed Corner Store pushing you to the map bug
+Fixed Restaurant pushing you to the wrong map section bug
+Fixed Wabee Cheat Bug
+Fixed and Clarified Some Objective Prompts
-Lashley Post-Movie Dream Sequences not added
-Office Copy Machine Mini-game Assets Temporary
-Email Proofreading Mini-game Assets Temporary

Alpha 0.38b
+Minor Bug Fixes

Last edited:

l1nk5

Nov 17, 2020
A Town Uncovered 0.38b
PC/Mac/Android - MEGA

Cheatcode: diditmove

Alpha 0.38a - The Red Ribbon Update
+Main Story Progress
+Updated More H-Scenes to new H-Scene Code Structure
+Added Office Copy Machine Mini-game
+Added Email Proofreading Mini-game
+Added Post Nut Clarity CG Scene
+Added Lashley’s Eye 2 Eye Kiss CG
+Added Patron-voted H-Scene #1 (Missus x Jane x MC in Boxfort)
+Added Patron-voted H-Scene #2 (Lashley visits you on a Sunday after the 20th)
+Added Lashley’s Bedroom Interior BG
+Added Eloise’s Office Location
+Added Office Supply Room Location
+Added Lashley Movie Dates
+Added Edward’s Actual VR Headset Mini-side story
+Fixed Townhouse button lighting bug
+Fixed Lashley’s Objective too long bug
+Fixed Alanna showing up when she’s on break bug
+Fixed Corner Store pushing you to the map bug
+Fixed Restaurant pushing you to the wrong map section bug
+Fixed Wabee Cheat Bug
+Fixed and Clarified Some Objective Prompts
-Lashley Post-Movie Dream Sequences not added
-Office Copy Machine Mini-game Assets Temporary
-Email Proofreading Mini-game Assets Temporary

Alpha 0.38b
+Minor Bug Fixes
there is no android version in that folder, only pc mac and linux.

3.20 star(s) 83 Votes