j4l

Oct 27, 2017
The mother story makes no sense though... All the options I chose basically were the negative or neutral options, then cue the scene with the parents fucking, and mc is mad. Wat.
She gets mad no matter what option you choose, but you have the option to make up with her. If you mess that part up, you don't gain back your relationship points.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Wow, this is actually a lot better than I was expecting! Went into it figuring it was just essentially a SS knockoff with kinda crap art, but the characters managed to draw me in (the PC's relationships with his mom and sister actually seem in some ways more natural than SS' - sister especially), and the story actually turned out to have a pretty intriguing hook - shame it came basically at the end of the current version.

The art has really grown on me, too. It's a bit simplistic, but in a stylized way, y'know? And it works really well for making the mom look utterly adorable in certain scenes (like cuddling on the couch).

Looks like the author's working on a female PC option too, which is cool... definitely think I'm gonna pledge on this, least $1.

Anyway, all that said, got a question - is the bit where the mom has shut herself in her room the current end of her content? I've gotten her everything she's asked for and can't seem to talk anymore with her. Also, her doing that kinda seemed to come out of absolutely nowhere in the first place - which gave me kind of a WIP feeling.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Just a question to everybody: I finished the game twice but I couldn't see 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th picture from left to right in the OP... where/when should I meet those scenes? did the author remove them?
I started playing this game from the 0.12 release only.

luckyace

Sep 19, 2017
If you're using a save from a previous version, you can use the computer and click on 'Bug Testing Fail Safe', click on 'Mom' and use 'Manually enter a Chapter Number'. You want number 22, then follow the instructions on your phone and it should work out. I used this method to see the new scenes by progressing the story from that point.
i cant open bug testing

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That scene was kind of jarring, but actually pretty well written IMO - at least once it's explained in the following discussion with her in your bedroom.

Still wondering what the hell's going on with her shutting herself in her room, though.

Reactions: Papa Ernie and Xaos

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
That scene was kind of jarring, but actually pretty well written IMO - at least once it's explained in the following discussion with her in your bedroom.

Still wondering what the hell's going on with her shutting herself in her room, though.
still... i realy didn't get the idea what's the goal of her doings, i hope i can find answer in the next updates :)

chupadance

Sep 26, 2017
i think i m blocked guys, in the mom story i can only take her on the cinema and touch boobs in the sofa, an in the phone object i see "go on about your day", i have all skill at max, only the lucky i don t nowhow to increase, and in the other object i see " this si the end etc etc" what i have to do for continue?

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Of course it is, that's what an alpha is. People keep mistaking patch-by-patch development for something like episodic games. It's not, it's a product under active development. Bugs are expected.
I shouldn't say anything, but Beta used to be 'testing' and Alpha was 'bug fix' or full working version! Have game makers fallen so far off that they are misrepresenting Beta and Alpha? Just called it an update. And yes I've played 'in development' games for a long time, and to your point, they are always going to have bugs until a --completed-- game.

Not an attack on you, I saw the comment and replied :FeelsGoodMan:
And even the completed games are littered with bugs. Going to add this as well, its not the game makers fault, altho it could be depending on if they test, or have a small group of testers, they usually rely on game players to play the game out and report bugs, instead players flood forums with complaints (bugs, not happy with content added or lack of content).

Last edited:

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
still... i realy didn't get the idea what's the goal of her doings, i hope i can find answer in the next updates :)
It's like I said - she (initially) just wants to bond with the PC, and slowly starts seeing him as the lover her husband isn't.

i think i m blocked guys, in the mom story i can only take her on the cinema and touch boobs in the sofa, an in the phone object i see "go on about your day", i have all skill at max, only the lucky i don t nowhow to increase, and in the other object i see " this si the end etc etc" what i have to do for continue?
Wait, how do you get your mom to go to the movies with you? I got the impression the cinema wasn't implemented yet.
As far as raising luck - play totally-not-MTG with the guys at the comic shop.

I shouldn't say anything, but Beta used to be 'testing' and Alpha was 'bug fix' or full working version!
Not quite. Alpha is generally used to indicate an early, internal-use-only build, whereas Beta is the next stage - either "in testing" or a WIP public build (A comes before B, after all). Full version is just "final" or "release"

fangtheshark

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, what is with never-ending loop of you and mom on the couch?

You suck on her titties, 24/7 without end.
Is there any wakthrough for this game?

EDIT: You need to break the cycle and miss the evening appointment. Deal with her tantrum. Tackle the Father. Earn lots of money and bring her stuff to her room.
Earn another $1000 for the suit and dinner. THEN you can fuck her.

how do u get a dinner date and by end the cycle u mean do the whole thing again like I'm confused

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
how do u get a dinner date and by end the cycle u mean do the whole thing again like I'm confused
He was crystal clear: "miss the evening appointment".

"to miss (something)" =

1. to fail to hit or strike:
to miss a target.

2. to fail to encounter, meet, catch, etc.:
to miss a train.

etc.

Just figure it yourself now.

Reactions: RobJoy and xןʞ

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
crash
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 623, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 707, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1081, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 387, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 208, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
im = cache.get(self)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
rv = copy_surface_unscaled(surf)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 127, in copy_surface
rv = surface_unscaled(surf.get_size(), alpha)
File "C:\Users\Emmanuel\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.13b-win\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 116, in surface
surf = Surface((width + 4, height + 4), 0, sample)
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 164, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.__init__ (gen\pygame_sdl2.surface.c:2479)
error: Out of memory

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
ATownUncovered Alpha_0.13b

U

User_71462

How do you "Check on your sister?" Its what my phone says to do to further progress, but I can't figure out how. I'm either bugged or missing something. I just wish the "help" wasn't so vague. Even when I tried to use the skip tool for bugs, it tells me to check on her in the afternoon on Wed. I tried even that, and still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_215882

Hmmm. So the mom dad night scene is unavoidable. I get the reasoning, but I really fucking hate that dad so much.

3.20 star(s) 83 Votes