4.10 star(s) 42 Votes

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
MetaMira
I'm always appreciating time after time the way you are developing your novel to give us new ideas about a classical story scheme (mother, sons, daughters, family and so on).
I'm wondering now how to trigger the new study together scenes with Cheer and Nerd... it's me for sure, but I can't get it. Would you kindly help me, please?

With best regards.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
MetaMira
I'm always appreciating time after time the way you are developing your novel to give us new ideas about a classical story scheme (mother, sons, daughters, family and so on).
I'm wondering now how to trigger the new study together scenes with Cheer and Nerd... it's me for sure, but I can't get it. Would you kindly help me, please?

With best regards.
When the "help Cheer with her homework" chore pops up (it should trigger once every 6 week days, if I remember correctly) go to her. You should have a "Tell Nerd to help her" option, which costs a little Control with him. Tell him to help, and then check on her room; an event should trigger when you try to enter.

If any of that doesn't happen let me know; I've been known to mess up triggering conditions plenty of times before!

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
MetaMira

Thanks a lot for your kindly quick reply, as first.
I realize now that I wasn't more detailed, as I should instead. My fault, sorry.
I triggered that first step successfully - so you can be sure that it works.
But I couldn't go further to the successive steps - I guess there should be more indeed.
And Mira has more than enough control on Nerd, who on his own is at level 3 (next: 2/4) of corruption... so what am I missing here?

Ah, I was to forget this also: what currently is the way to progress or trigger events in the "Caves of Grothnar" online game, if any? It can't be possibile to do anything than "playing alone" and "work together", but always failing - any suggestions here as well, please?

But I unfortunately have bad news (for me, intended): after Windows 11 Pro 22H2 latest update, sooner or later the game freezes itself and the whole system as well, so I'm only left to reboot all ... what's happening here? And how to fix that too? Please help me with it.

With best regards.

Last edited:

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
MetaMira

Thanks a lot for your kindly quick reply, as first.
I realize now that I wasn't more detailed, as I should instead. My fault, sorry.
I triggered that first step successfully - so you can be sure that it works.
But I couldn't go further to the successive steps - I guess there should be more indeed.
And Mira has more than enough control on Nerd, who on his own is at level 3 (next: 2/4) of corruption... so what am I missing here?

Ah, I was to forget this also: what currently is the way to progress or trigger events in the "Caves of Grothnar" online game, if any? It can't be possibile to do anything than "playing alone" and "work together", but always failing - any suggestions here as well, please?

But I unfortunately have bad news (for me, intended): after Windows 11 Pro 22H2 latest update, sooner or later the game freezes itself and the whole system as well, so I'm only left to reboot all ... what's happening here? And how to fix that too? Please help me with it.

With best regards.
Ah, I've checked the triggering conditions and you'll also need to get Cheer's CL up to at least 1. Right now the only way to do that is to go through her homework help event yourself once AND let her keep her shirt off. The next time if you have Nerd do it (with CL2+) you should walk in on them both studying shirtless. It's tricky to trigger at the moment, but it should be significantly easier in future updates when Cheerleader has more events to raise her corruption.

For the Caves of Grothnar event there's nothing else to trigger at the moment. There are a couple of phone backgrounds that unlock if when you've played 3 and 10 times, regardless of what options you chose when playing.

As for the freezing: I'm not sure, I'll look into it! I haven't been able to recreate any performance problems on my machine, but I'm on a beefy rig which may be hiding the issue.

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
MetaMira

Ah. I see that, thanks, duly noted all.
About my PC/system issue, I guessed to solve it temporarily with quitting from it after having a few scenes played and launching it once again time after time.... boring a little, isn't it? I found out no other way else at this moment.
I will besides see if this happens with other Rem'Py/Unity VNs too, and i will keep you updated about, if I don't bother you, of course. Ah, I'm sending he following error report I always get after the shower scene with Slacker walking in inte morning, hoping it's useful for you:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 222, in script call
    call screen hold_screen() #NOTE: We never proceed past the hold screen! No code after this point will run.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 381, in script call
    call expression interact_label pass (*args, **kwargs)
  File "game/Locations/shower_events.rpy", line 34, in script call
    call slacker_walkin_normal() #Slacker walks in on you as you're geting out of the shower. Mirror of starting event, but you're much more confident at higher CL.
  File "game/Locations/shower_events.rpy", line 306, in script
    $ slacker.schedule.set_override_clickable(slacker_bathroom) # NOTE: THis means you'll be able to turn around and perv on him right away. I need to write that event with that in mind.
  File "game/Locations/shower_events.rpy", line 306, in <module>
    $ slacker.schedule.set_override_clickable(slacker_bathroom) # NOTE: THis means you'll be able to turn around and perv on him right away. I need to write that event with that in mind.
NameError: name 'slacker_bathroom' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call screen hold_screen() #NOTE: We never proceed past the hold screen! No code after this point will run.
    call slacker_walkin_normal() #Slacker walks in on you as you're geting out of the shower. Mirror of starting event, but you're much more confident at higher CL.
  File "G:\Gianni\web\A Very Full House\AVeryFullHouse-0.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\Gianni\web\A Very Full House\AVeryFullHouse-0.5.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
A Very Full House 0.5.0
Tue Dec  6 13:26:41 2022
Wait, wait a bit here: it's telling that my CPU would be an AMD. Who told it that? It's actually an Intel, instead.

With best regards.

Last edited:

Gorond

Aug 27, 2020
i cut the swimsuit but it vanished and i had to find it again and i cant modify that, can somebody help? are there more events in class or its just bending over for the paper?

Reactions: Ayal

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
I did this is as a fun corruption level 4 progression scene in the shower with slacker, it's literally the first time I mess with a code of a game like that (because I love this game so much) and it went pretty good for my first time! maybe the dialogue needs a little improvement or fixes (I'm not a native english speaker) but I share it with you (if the dev doesn't want me to mess with his stuff, I will delete this, the least I want is him to be angry at this) see if you like it! Remember, this isn't official! and please, if this mess in some way the game in future updates, please tell me, I don't want to affect anyone in any way
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(First, go to C:...AVeryFullHouse-0.5.0-pc\game\Locations, then do a back up "for shower_events.rpy", open it and add this between "slacker "Uh, yeah. That might be a good idea."" and "$ slacker.schedule.set_override_clickable(slacker_bathroom) # NOTE: THis means you'll be able to turn around and perv on him right away. I need to write that event with that in mind.") (Note: for some reason the space needed between lines is erased when share it here... please, add it for yourself!)
But I can't seem to "summon" the handjob scenes for some reason, if someone can help me fix it, I would really appreciate it.

Reactions: JagHond

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Gianni\web\A Very Full House\AVeryFullHouse-0.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\Gianni\web\A Very Full House\AVeryFullHouse-0.5.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

With best regards.
Found and fixed this crash, thanks for spotting it!

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
MetaMira

No! Don't tell me that! I have been able to make me useful for someone this time! :LOL:

JFK. Glad for having given a little helping hand, dear mate.
But the strange crashing to desktop issue story remains - let me guess: nothing strange is happening on your sytem, and the novel is running fine and stable... am I saying right?

With best regards.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
MetaMira, which will be the next level? Blowjob, Titjob, Footjob?
Ooops, forgot to actually respond to this! Let's all just pretend I posted this three days ago:

Blowjobs are first on my todo list once all the base NPC art is all done. v0.6 will have Cheerleader art, v0.7 will be Firebrand art, and then v0.8 will probably be the first bit of blowjob art. It's going to take some experimentation to get looking just right (unless I'm a lot better than I think I am!), so I'll probably spread it over a few updates to get feedback while also writing new events that actually use that blowjob art.

Tit fucks are definitely going to be added, but I'm not sure exactly when. Feet+dicks does approximately nothing for me sexually, so footjobs probably aren't going to be added for a long time, if at all.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Cheerleader art in 0.6 but can we also expect anything for the men, content wise?
Not for v0.6, unfortunately. There's some written content with the Student and the new side character Busty, and the Principle is getting some placeholder art, but neither of those are particularly major. In v0.7 I'm hoping to spend more time on making the house feel alive and active, which should mean plenty of new events with the guys scattered around.

Ayal

Apr 9, 2020
Not for v0.6, unfortunately. There's some written content with the Student and the new side character Busty, and the Principle is getting some placeholder art, but neither of those are particularly major. In v0.7 I'm hoping to spend more time on making the house feel alive and active, which should mean plenty of new events with the guys scattered around.
Will we be seeing Mom masturbating any time soon?

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Will we be seeing Mom masturbating any time soon?
Maybe in v0.7, but no promises! I've been thinking about how I'd want to do a "between the legs" frame and I think I have a reasonable layout for it. I'll probably put it up as a question for patrons.

Any eta for next update? no rush, just curious
I'm working on final bug testing right now, actually! I'm expecting it to take an hour or two to sweep through the new content and make sure it's all triggering correctly. After that I'll need a little time to upload it and post links. So expect 2+ hours from this post, but sooner than tomorrow.

UPDATE: I had a stroke of inspiration while testing (okay, what I actually noticed were my GPU fans spinning up and I was getting annoyed by it) and I was able to figure out where the large GPU memory leak was coming from. Long story short, characters were never being hidden once they were shown for the first time, they were just being shoved off screen to the left/right. Fixing that required a bunch of fiddling with character transforms to keep the correct behaviour when showing/hiding characters. That took a bunch of time I wasn't expecting it to, but the code is all much cleaner now, so that's nice.

I'm hurrying through my list of other things to test right now and hope to have the update posted soon-ish!

Last edited:

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

[Bug fixing took longer than expected - but was worth it, I think I fixed a major performance issue - so I'm going to cut some corners for this release blurb and polish it up tomorrow after some sleep!]
Grab it now!

Screenshots
#HereIsWhereScreenshotsWillGoTomorrow
Full v0.6 Changelog
  • - Fixed crash for Slacker in bathroom.
  • - Fixed logic error when applying a new outfit to a character.
  • - Added support for different sock sets (separate from shoes) in character models.
  • - Updated existing models to properly separate socks from shoes.
  • - Added thigh_pinch parameter for outfits. On appropriate models (Cheerleader only, atm), pinches thighs in where the socks make contact.
  • - Added art for The Cheerleader.
  • - Is it okay if I put "Added art for the Cheerleader" twice to make the changelog look bigger? It was a lot of work!
  • - Screw it! I write the changelogs, I'll write what I want!
  • - Added unique idle animation for The Cheerleader.
  • - Added unique boob bounces for The Cheerleader.
  • - Added optional bounce animation parameters for Person class. If present will replace the default MCILF bounce animation for that character.
  • - Tidied up some unused parameters from Person definition.
  • - Characters now properly bounce in AND out of focus when talking. Jiggly!
  • - Middle mouse button now brings up Ren'py menu for fully one handed operation.
  • - Added Cheerleader expressions.
  • - Added cutdown variants for the Cheerleader's top and skirt.
  • - Updated Cheerleader's top repair event to allow you to cut down her top.
  • - Swapped character display calls from Ren'py to their Python equivalents.
  • - Added support for displaying multiple NPCs at once. Can be done by calling the npc_display label once for each NPC: #ItJustWorks.
  • - Added "group_interact" label for easily starting a conversation with multiple NPCs at once.
  • - Tidied up how talk focus and unfocus is handed out by character call events, particularly at the start of interactions.
  • - Added WIP placeholder art for new secondary character, codename: "Busty".
  • - Added placeholder clothing effects for Busty.
  • - Added "outfit_tag_requirement" keyword for menu options. Only selectable if you are wearing an appropriately tagged outfit.
  • - Added "npc_outfit_tag_requirement" keyword for menu options. Only selectable if the NPC is wearing an appropriatley tagged outfit.
  • - "use_tag" now works properly for daily tags (ie. clears the tag after use). Useful for cleanly enabling/disabling some events.
  • - Tidied up some logic in how ChoreList handles/checks tags internally.
  • - Added support for timed tags in ChoreList class. Useful for cleanly enabling/disabling some events.
  • - Cheerleader "torn clothing" event now happens any time you chat with her or clean her room, at most every 4 days, while any of her clothing can be modified.
  • - Added placeholder at for the Principle; now shown when appropriate.
  • - Added event between Busty and Student. Triggers on Fridays.
  • - Added event with Busty.
  • - Added new workplace event. Triggers on Wednesdays (will later be something you can schedule yourself).
  • - Added a bunch of paths to said new event.
  • - Simplified the list of character transforms that are being used to display characters. Probably fixed a bunch of character display bugs at the same time.
  • - Fixed characters not being properly hidden when off screen, resulting in growing GPU memory usage (particularly with newer, more detailed character models).

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes