Others Abandoned A Very Small Business [v0.3.1.1] [Grabiobot]

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
During the last week, I implemented the VROD file format, including the file format per se, a .vrod-editor which also includes a very basic viewer for the files imported (including .xnb files), the integration of these files in my game engine, and the bindings needed for c-cup to configure these .vrod-files for usage.

Currently, my game engine can load the following types of assets from .vrod-files: my .c-cup files (so game's source code), .xnb graphics, .xnb sounds, .xnb music (but without the reference .wma/.ogg file), .png files, .jpg files, .gif files and .txt files. Regarding the .wma/.ogg files, it is currently not possible to import them from the custom package, because of the way the upstream libraries I use work (MonoGame). I raised the issue to MonoGame and I will review my code when/if it will be solved or a workaround will be found.

Normally, I will now start working on the remaining features from my to-do-list and after that, I would resume my work on AVSB, but:
  • as I intend to change the low-level mechanisms that are at the base of AVSB's code, such as save/load mechanisms (in order to provide save-game compatibility), language loading mechanism (in order to provide improved multi-language support),
  • and as I changed already a lot of the c-cup syntax in order to implement the support for the needed complexity,
  • and as I have not truly tested any of the changes I implemented so far,
all of these will result in a long waiting time for even bringing AVSB up to date with the changes I already have made.

So we (me and AbyssalEros) had this idea, which I think is really good, instead of starting with the beginnings of AVSB, we will start with some stories that are part of the cosmos of AVSB.
As these are smaller stories or small mini-games, you can already enjoy playing them as soon as they are implemented. On the other hand, while I will be working on them I will naturally implement all the mechanisms needed for AVSB (save game, language selection, stats management and so on), as needed for those stories/mini-games.
Thanks to the VROD format that I already implemented, these mechanisms can now be easily reused from one mini-game to another and finally to AVSB itself.

This is brilliant, not only because you get to play some stories involving the cosmos of AVSB while I am still working on the code but also because it allows me to gradually make changes to AVSB graphics.
Do you still remember the poll about Laura A/B/C?
But that is not all. As I do not have to re-generate a huge number of graphic resources in one go, I will be able to change MC's house to better fit the storyline and even to switch to more advanced 3D models.

Therefore, starting today I will be working on the first of these short stories. I do not think it will have a language selection or even save/load option as this will be my first serious attempt to work with the features I implemented recently and I need to double-check everything in order to ensure that everything works as expected. So to say, that I am building on solid grounds.
In addition, I do not know yet if I will be switching to the newest generation of 3D models, as most of my attention will be on validating the new c-cup features. If everything works fine, I will attempt to use the newer 3D models and implement some VRODs.

I will keep you updated with the progress, weekly as usual, and unless the c-cup changes prove problematic I will even start posting some AVSB-inspired artwork (not something that will be in the game, so no spoilers) in my Discord, so be sure to join it at .

Reactions: UncleVT

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
Something I realized while playing this game... it is a VERY good thing I am not a small-business owner >.> I am terrible at these sort of games... not saying the game is bad at all, I'm just very bad at it lol

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Something I realized while playing this game... it is a VERY good thing I am not a small-business owner >.> I am terrible at these sort of games... not saying the game is bad at all, I'm just very bad at it lol
Same trying to find a walkthrough

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
i have edited a save first thing inn the morning of day one, with this you will start with
- 30 mood out of 50
- all stats maxed out

i couldn't work out how to increase energy

delete 27003_ so it starts as avsb and save in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\GBGameWinDX\GBGameWinDX\1.0.0.0\SaveGames
Save does not work

Cro

May 10, 2017
I just downloaded the game and started playing it. Very good game. Is there a cheat for the money at least? Thanks!
Or simply edit your save, it's a json file. Search for your money value and change it.

Btw, this might've been asked, but is there any way to unpack the resources ? Let's say if you cheat money and buy the office, game ends and I'm not sure if I saw everything there is to see.

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
A suggestion: when you take her on the kitchen table in the morning, why dont it show the good stuff? going in and out of her :p but only see her titts bouncing... other vice great great game!! :D

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Or simply edit your save, it's a json file. Search for your money value and change it.

Btw, this might've been asked, but is there any way to unpack the resources ? Let's say if you cheat money and buy the office, game ends and I'm not sure if I saw everything there is to see.
I know there are some .XNB viewers and some of them can even extract the images as .PNG. I haven't used any of them, so I don't know which one to recommend.

A suggestion: when you take her on the kitchen table in the morning, why dont it show the good stuff? going in and out of her :p but only see her titts bouncing... other vice great great game!! :D
Thank you very much, Tonny. I'll keep in mind adding some extra cameras ;), but will take a while until the next version of AVSB will be published. LICAT will be next :)

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
I know there are some .XNB viewers and some of them can even extract the images as .PNG. I haven't used any of them, so I don't know which one to recommend.

Thank you very much, Tonny. I'll keep in mind adding some extra cameras ;), but will take a while until the next version of AVSB will be published. LICAT will be next :)
Yeah plz do that ;) what's LICAT for one?

Reactions: grabiobot

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Hi guys, I would like to give you an update on the game.

I am making good progress with the rendering for the new story: Love in the clouds above Trinity (LICAT).

Slow, but good. So far, the rendering progress had been slow, mainly because many scenes happen in semi-darkness, which increases the rendering time to around 2 hours per frame. (This is for rendering time only, without taking into account the scene setup/modeling or the fact that multiple renders are required for each frame in order to set up the proper lighting and make the needed adjustments).

Anyway, although I still have to do the final renders for a number of scenes, all the scenes left to be modeled are in better lighting conditions and I expect the progress to be faster.

Until I am done with everything needed for LICAT, let me introduce to you the characters of this story.

This is Christine, the stewardess:

And this is Jack, the protagonist:

In addition, this is an actual screenshot from LICAT:

I should mention that the plan was to give you this story full of love for the Valentine's Day. It’s pure romance, the kind of erotic game that you can share and enjoy together with your girlfriend. ;)

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hi guys, I would like to give you an update on the game.

I am making good progress with the rendering for the new story: Love in the clouds above Trinity (LICAT).

Slow, but good. So far, the rendering progress had been slow, mainly because many scenes happen in semi-darkness, which increases the rendering time to around 2 hours per frame. (This is for rendering time only, without taking into account the scene setup/modeling or the fact that multiple renders are required for each frame in order to set up the proper lighting and make the needed adjustments).

Anyway, although I still have to do the final renders for a number of scenes, all the scenes left to be modeled are in better lighting conditions and I expect the progress to be faster.

Until I am done with everything needed for LICAT, let me introduce to you the characters of this story.

This is Christine, the stewardess:

And this is Jack, the protagonist:

In addition, this is an actual screenshot from LICAT:

I should mention that the plan was to give you this story full of love for the Valentine's Day. It’s pure romance, the kind of erotic game that you can share and enjoy together with your girlfriend. ;)
Looks fun and no rush most of us prefer a well done game over a rushed game.

Reactions: DavidTurner

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
We inform you with this post that we have renamed the Patreon page.
Therefore, if you have any bookmarks or links associated with Grabiobot’s patreon page, please take care that you will use the new URL.

As I am not alone anymore doing all the works by myself, we have decided that it would be best to rename the page to prevent confusion.

The new name will be Society of Lust.
Therefore, the new address will be:

The Society of Lust also has its own website. However, as it will be brand-new, there will be not much to find yet, but we intend to offer you in future a lot of information and background to our projects. We will inform you of the actual website address, as soon as we have created a presentable site.

Most of you already know, who we are, but in case you do not know, yet.
The Society of Lust consists of Grabiobot (coding & renders) and AbyssalEros (setting & stories).

However, we are not alone, as we have help from several dear friends, first there is the fabulous Farra Triss, who serves as our precious advisor and lovely muse; then there is the honorable Shenz, who functions as our loyal admin for our Discord channel and as our uploader on F95 Zone; and last but not least there is the incredible Fàχёš, who does fantastic videos and magnificent graphics based on the renders of Grabiobot.

More about the Society of Lust will be revealed soon on our website, on Patreon, and within our projects themselves.

grabiobot

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
On Friday, March 9th, we will finally release the already announced story, ‘Love in the Clouds above Trinity’ short LICAT, that was originally intended to be published together with another story for Valentine’s Day.
Unfortunately, we were not able to make both of them in time. We have talked elsewhere about the reasons.
Our last plan was to release the novel on Women's Day as an alternative date for Valentine's Day, but administrative problems force us to release it a day after it.

Although we missed the intended release date by miles, we will release the other longer and juicier story about Laura’s first Valentine’s Day Date with our protagonist form AVSB next.
However, let us come back to Christine, Jack and their ‘Love in the Clouds above Trinity’.
You may wonder what this Trinity is.
Trinity is the city where Laura and the protagonist of AVSB live. And because it is the same city, you can expect to see more of Christine and Jack in the future.
That brings us directly to the future of our game development.
We have to inform you, that ‘A very small business’ is obsolete.
Wait, you now ask, what does that mean? Were you not just talking about a city where Laura and the protagonist live and about a story of their first Valentine’s Day date?
You are right.
While AVSB is the past, the Trinity-verse is the future.
What is the Trinity-verse? You now want to know.
The Trinity-verse is a world created by AbyssalEros based on AVSB and many and long talks with Grabiobot.
Trinity itself is a big city within this world, where most of the upcoming stories will be staged, and we called the world Trinity-verse because it is an altered version of our own earth. This earth is very similar to our known one, but in some parts, it differs immensely.
As an example, the vast island on which Trinity lies is in our reality a non-existing island in the Atlantic somewhere near the coast of Brazil.

However, what exactly is this peculiar Trinity-verse in game terms?
That is easy to answer.
In game terms, we, the Society of Lust (SoL), will henceforth have three distinct but interwoven projects.
The first one will be called ‘SoLGames’, which will be a collection of mini-games done with the improved game engine. Besides the fun purposes, they are developed for testing the engine and for catching feedback from you, before we implement these features into our main game.
Actually, ‘Gabiobot’s Puzzle Game’ was so to say the first ‘SoLGame’.
The second one will be called ‘Lewd Stories of Trinity’ (LSoT) and you have with ‘Love above the Clouds of Trinity’ the first story of this anthology collection.
Every story that does not fit within our main game, but plays within the Trinity-verse, or any story that is a side story to our main game, will be collected in LSoT.
The first side story will be ‘First Valentine’s Day Date’, short FVDD, as this story is very telling of the mood of the main game we think it is best to be released prior of it.
Each of these stories will be released as soon as they are done.
Now, you surely may ask yourself, what that main game will be; and you are right if you suspect that this game will be somewhat like AVSB.
We are working on a reboot of the original game, and we are progressing very well regarding the programming language used to code the game engine. The next phase is to implement all the needed features within this improved engine. All the enhancements will be done gradually through the games and the stories that will be part of ‘SoLGames’ and ‘Lewd Stories of Trinity’.
In regards to the written stuff, AbyssalEros has already written around 100.000 words for the Trinity-verse, and he has plenty ideas for more erotic stories.
The new main game itself will be called ‘My Life with Laura’ (MLwL) to represent the core of the story in a better way. In fact, it will be a significantly enhanced version of the original AVSB with more text, more mechanics, more freedom, more sex, and, of course, many more of these renders you appreciate so much.
We do this enhancement due to the encouraging feedback and the demand for a better game experience we got from you, our audience.

At this point, we have to inform you, that we will not release ‘My Life with Laura’ before we have not included all the additional stuff, game-mechanic changes, and additional stories, up to the original plan we had for the releases of AVSB 0.3.2. We think it would not be a good decision to reboot a game which has less content than the current AVSB, and as we cannot give you an exact date, ‘My Life with Laura’ will be rebooted as soon as it is done.
Meanwhile, we will provide you with more side stories, the first will be the promised Valentine’s Day date story and, some times later, we will present you the Introduction story of the upcoming game ‘My Life with Laura’ as a temporary stand-alone story.
In this way, you can taste the flavor of the new game even before it will be released.

All in all, releases of the Trinity-verse verse (‘SoLGames’, ‘Lewd Stories of Trinity’ and ‘My Life with Laura’) will be for some time done-when-they-are-done-releases.
As we are only two people doing everything on our own, and good renders need their time, we cannot promise you at the moment monthly releases.
As soon as we are ready to release the first version of ‘My Life with Laura’, we assume that we can provide you with monthly releases, again.
We hope you are still staying with us to support us and that you are as excited as we to make this lewd journey into the Trinity-verse.

Thank you for your support!
Society of Lust

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
On Friday, March 9th, we will finally release the already announced story, ‘Love in the Clouds above Trinity’ short LICAT, that was originally intended to be published together with another story for Valentine’s Day.
Unfortunately, we were not able to make both of them in time. We have talked elsewhere about the reasons.
Our last plan was to release the novel on Women's Day as an alternative date for Valentine's Day, but administrative problems force us to release it a day after it.

Although we missed the intended release date by miles, we will release the other longer and juicier story about Laura’s first Valentine’s Day Date with our protagonist form AVSB next.
However, let us come back to Christine, Jack and their ‘Love in the Clouds above Trinity’.
You may wonder what this Trinity is.
Trinity is the city where Laura and the protagonist of AVSB live. And because it is the same city, you can expect to see more of Christine and Jack in the future.
That brings us directly to the future of our game development.
We have to inform you, that ‘A very small business’ is obsolete.
Wait, you now ask, what does that mean? Were you not just talking about a city where Laura and the protagonist live and about a story of their first Valentine’s Day date?
You are right.
While AVSB is the past, the Trinity-verse is the future.
What is the Trinity-verse? You now want to know.
The Trinity-verse is a world created by AbyssalEros based on AVSB and many and long talks with Grabiobot.
Trinity itself is a big city within this world, where most of the upcoming stories will be staged, and we called the world Trinity-verse because it is an altered version of our own earth. This earth is very similar to our known one, but in some parts, it differs immensely.
As an example, the vast island on which Trinity lies is in our reality a non-existing island in the Atlantic somewhere near the coast of Brazil.

However, what exactly is this peculiar Trinity-verse in game terms?
That is easy to answer.
In game terms, we, the Society of Lust (SoL), will henceforth have three distinct but interwoven projects.
The first one will be called ‘SoLGames’, which will be a collection of mini-games done with the improved game engine. Besides the fun purposes, they are developed for testing the engine and for catching feedback from you, before we implement these features into our main game.
Actually, ‘Gabiobot’s Puzzle Game’ was so to say the first ‘SoLGame’.
The second one will be called ‘Lewd Stories of Trinity’ (LSoT) and you have with ‘Love above the Clouds of Trinity’ the first story of this anthology collection.
Every story that does not fit within our main game, but plays within the Trinity-verse, or any story that is a side story to our main game, will be collected in LSoT.
The first side story will be ‘First Valentine’s Day Date’, short FVDD, as this story is very telling of the mood of the main game we think it is best to be released prior of it.
Each of these stories will be released as soon as they are done.
Now, you surely may ask yourself, what that main game will be; and you are right if you suspect that this game will be somewhat like AVSB.
We are working on a reboot of the original game, and we are progressing very well regarding the programming language used to code the game engine. The next phase is to implement all the needed features within this improved engine. All the enhancements will be done gradually through the games and the stories that will be part of ‘SoLGames’ and ‘Lewd Stories of Trinity’.
In regards to the written stuff, AbyssalEros has already written around 100.000 words for the Trinity-verse, and he has plenty ideas for more erotic stories.
The new main game itself will be called ‘My Life with Laura’ (MLwL) to represent the core of the story in a better way. In fact, it will be a significantly enhanced version of the original AVSB with more text, more mechanics, more freedom, more sex, and, of course, many more of these renders you appreciate so much.
We do this enhancement due to the encouraging feedback and the demand for a better game experience we got from you, our audience.

At this point, we have to inform you, that we will not release ‘My Life with Laura’ before we have not included all the additional stuff, game-mechanic changes, and additional stories, up to the original plan we had for the releases of AVSB 0.3.2. We think it would not be a good decision to reboot a game which has less content than the current AVSB, and as we cannot give you an exact date, ‘My Life with Laura’ will be rebooted as soon as it is done.
Meanwhile, we will provide you with more side stories, the first will be the promised Valentine’s Day date story and, some times later, we will present you the Introduction story of the upcoming game ‘My Life with Laura’ as a temporary stand-alone story.
In this way, you can taste the flavor of the new game even before it will be released.

All in all, releases of the Trinity-verse verse (‘SoLGames’, ‘Lewd Stories of Trinity’ and ‘My Life with Laura’) will be for some time done-when-they-are-done-releases.
As we are only two people doing everything on our own, and good renders need their time, we cannot promise you at the moment monthly releases.
As soon as we are ready to release the first version of ‘My Life with Laura’, we assume that we can provide you with monthly releases, again.
We hope you are still staying with us to support us and that you are as excited as we to make this lewd journey into the Trinity-verse.

Thank you for your support!
Society of Lust
Because of the Reboot of the game, i set the thread to onhold, until the new game is published and ll get a new thread.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes