Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
you can use content gatherer it shares every file used in a scene
Haven't managed to get that working yet. Shares many more files than necessary, so the archive ends up being gigabytes. But then I don't tend to use many morphs, so I haven't seen the use in figuring it out yet.

And other users tend to be far more popular.

Reactions: johnwickkx

johnwickkx

May 17, 2021
Haven't managed to get that working yet. Shares many more files than necessary, so the archive ends up being gigabytes. But then I don't tend to use many morphs, so I haven't seen the use in figuring it out yet.

And other users tend to be far more popular.
I use it mainly bcs i try to create custom textures for the figures bcs if i dont use it it shares only the morph without textures, btw thank you so much for your assets list it came very useful ;)

Reactions: Alley_Cat

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Do you mean it looks better RAW? :unsure:

I raised the lighting over her because its supposed to be a bright light. I might have to tinker a bit more with it in the future.

The line around her mouth is an artifact of the wet skin I use. I think its because she is a converted model, there seems to be an UV problem. As its easy enough to fix in post, I never tried that hard to fix it haha but I'm open to suggestions :D

Expressions for me are a hit or miss too. Sometimes I do one and it looks awful, then I rotate the head a bit and suddenly its nice hahaha What I've been trying is to look into what the premade expressions change, so that, when I do create my own, I have more controls to use. ;)
Yes, I meant I liked Sophia RAW more. While the rest of the scene looks better after post.
I never encountered artifacts on the face before, not sure what to do, is the problem included in the Sophia you shared? If so, maybe I can take a look and see if I figure it out.
For expressions, in the past I know I've had some success with . It give you very interesting control over everything. Have used it yet since I started back up with daz. Nowadays I'm working on the programming side on my tavern game.

Btw, does anyone know how to render an object and it's shadow in daz ? Canvases unfortunately renders just the object and any shadows on it, but not it's own shadow. I tried to see if Iray Matte works but until now no success.

skin builder does a decent job you can also apply daz pbr shader and add details normals to improve how the skin looks ( as for tanning i assume you use wet and tanned then you need to manually copy torso texture to breastacular torso surface )
Are these the two you are talking about?
and ?
I actually had them both purchased back when I was buying everything I used in Daz. Never used them much. Don't they change the look of the original texture too much ? I've always thought they are better for generating new textures rather than improving old ones.
I know for the face there's also : . It doesn't improve the texture, I think as much as it adds a lot of geometry. I have the male version and it kind of gives good results sometimes but it's a lot of work to figure out.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Btw, does anyone know how to render an object and it's shadow in daz ? Canvases unfortunately renders just the object and any shadows on it, but not it's own shadow. I tried to see if Iray Matte works but until now no success.
Do you mean like Composite Rendering? Never had much success with it myself, I find it a lot easier just to put up with the slow process of rendering everything at once.

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Do you mean like Composite Rendering? Never had much success with it myself, I find it a lot easier just to put up with the slow process of rendering everything at once.
That works fine, if the scene is too big, canvases work fine for that. Just render a few people at a time.

What I have is a tavern where I want to add tables based on upgrades. But the table I have has no shadows :D. so if I just add it, it looks unnatural.

This is how the tavern looks with shadows:
Bar top evening - full upgrades.png
This is how it looks with added a few tables without shadows:
Bar top evening - basic-noshadows.png
Completely out of place.
And imagine I will Render Sophia going to those tables. She will also not have shadows.
This is one of the problems a lot of VNs have when they render a character by itself and just put it in front of a background.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes