Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I have Sophia and Ellie spending some family time together but the hair on Sophia is driving me nuts
I've been experimenting with alternate hair on my "Wanda" character as well. The hair I had was okay, but didn't really match what I wanted, plus when I added a smoothing modifier to it and raised the collision checks on it, there were these weird artifacts that popped up out of the hair.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Great video here! I love the "Favorites" option. Created a bunch of folders for different games with links to assets they use etc... that alone will be a HUGE time saver. Instances is also very nice, I have actually programmed them from scratch (in C) and they are amazing as they save you a large amount of video memory and speed things up. Anyhow, just thought I would share this here, good video (and he has a good channel in general).

Reactions: Kthulu_SFM

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Just upgraded to Daz studio 4.20 and every saved scenes become obsolete... Ghost lights not working like it should be

Is there a way to revert back to 4.15 or 4.16?

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just upgraded to Daz studio 4.20 and every saved scenes become obsolete... Ghost lights not working like it should be

Is there a way to revert back to 4.15 or 4.16?
I'm using 4.20 and all my scenes are working just fine. What problems did you encounter? Perhaps it's just a coincidence and your problem is something else?

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I'm using 4.20 and all my scenes are working just fine. What problems did you encounter? Perhaps it's just a coincidence and your problem is something else?
It seems to have affected a lot of people, even Sabby from renderocity is having issues with his character models

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It seems to have affected a lot of people, even Sabby from renderocity is having issues with his character models
I just checked the forums and the problem seems to only effect those who haven't updated their NVidia graphics driver (something I do all the time). Here's a quote...

Same thing happened to me, I updated my NVIDIA graphics card drivers and now it's all good.

See the following thread...

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I just checked the forums and the problem seems to only effect those who haven't updated their NVidia graphics driver (something I do all the time). Here's a quote...

Same thing happened to me, I updated my NVIDIA graphics card drivers and now it's all good.

See the following thread...
Oh yeah but there are other issues too like when you try and load some of SASE charcters, it comes up an error when you try and load some of the characters. where as in 4.16 they were working fine.
Screenshot 2022-03-01 152549.png

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Okay, I just finished a test. One of the images below took me 5mins (I re-rendered it and stopped it at 5mins) with denoising turned on, and a mitchel filter, all other settings set to default. The other render took me 45mins using the settings yangpro posted (10 quality, 100% etc). I wasn't very patient and stopped it a 45mins and 90% convergence though. ANyhow, let me know if you can tell which is which and if you think it is worth waiting over 40 mins longer for one...

A:
View attachment 1677949

B:
View attachment 1677950
The skin on the first one looks a little bit more sharp, but i had to take a couple of minutes to tell the difference, the character looks really beautiful, can you tell me please from which game is it? If its an OC from your Kudos, love it

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
Oooh, nice character, I may have to look that game up. :) I honestly forget who I started creating Wanda with, but her skin texture is from a character named "Emma", her body may be from EJ Adora originally with my own morphs and adjustments, but I forget now.

The glasses I use for Wanda are from a package called "Sexy in Specs" ( ).

Edit: This is the character I got the skin for "Wanda" from. Basically adjusted her body, then searched for a skin I liked and just applied the skin only to the figure.
I continued reading and i just saw your anwser, so no need answering anymore, again, really nice character, love her muff, i would love her even more if her nips were just a little bigger and darker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I continued reading and i just saw your anwser, so no need answering anymore, again, really nice character, love her muff, i would love her even more if her nips were just a little bigger and darker
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about her nipples. I have been exploring perhaps using another skin texture for her.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
You must add the character to your Daz library again.

or find the missing image and put it in that folder.
No if you look at the error it says textures first not runtime/textures, which means its not searching in the folder. As I said the dev has been made aware of the issue and is trying to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Hacker

Devil3D

Aug 10, 2021
No if you look at the error it says textures first not runtime/textures, which means its not searching in the folder. As I said the dev has been made aware of the issue and is trying to fix the problem.
But the workaround is

Press OK on that window, then Daz will try to load the character and it will give the option to locate the file.

the fiile is in Runtime\Textures\SASE\Elicia

a8dfa85e23510b2c55e944ad8369058f.png

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
But the workaround is

Press OK on that window, then Daz will try to load the character and it will give the option to locate the file.

the fiile is in Runtime\Textures\SASE\Elicia

View attachment 1680347
I have already done my own work arounds to stop the error message, but what i am saying is it happens to a lot of his characters and it shouldn't be doing that, because even when you click on locate it still comes up the error message after you locate the file as it is a bug in the latest update, Sabby is currently working on a solution to fix the problem. It still loads everything in and you can save the character and then load them up and it seems to not have the error message appear but every time you try and load the character from the character menu you will get the message either till Sabby or Daz can fix the issue and its not just his characters either, there have been reports of other character models having the same issue.
This appears even after i have located the missing file
Error.message.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Farhadm997
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes