Death_dark

Mar 16, 2019
Everyone's interested in Dylan. So it would be redundant in this forum to say it again. (y):)
It might be a very small percent.
But everyone is not gay. Not everyone gets off with the thought of pre-pubescent boys.
Not everyone is a cuck who like to see beautiful women fucked by little boys, old men, or any kind of sausage fest.

Sophia and her daughter Ellie is where I am at..

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Sorry, I'm not buying that. The problem is the script doesn't exist until after the renders are done. If the script was locked down first (that is, there was an actual plan for the update) it would be impossible to overshoot the anticipated render count by 100%+.
I do not insist on my opinion, I just express it.
Unlike others, I can easily imagine that the preliminary expected number of renders for displaying a single, already described story plot is an order of magnitude different from the real one.
Therefore, I believe in L&P.

Reactions: Matt1

I told you so

Jun 25, 2017
Here's a story.
Guy starts making story.
Guy knows how it ends.
Guy has the events thought out only for the next playable day and changes it as he goes.
People didn't like a certain twist? No problem, the script isn't written, guy just removes the twist.
Guy has only some sort of outline until the story ends with MC getting passed like a bycicle.

Guy needs a translator? Sure.
Can the translator have the script beforehand? Nah.
Why can't he? Because there's no script lol. Hence why the translator needs to be 12h for a few days with the Guy. Because that's when the story is being written.
The truth is usually the simplest explanation.

Bane71 your opinion was that a render farm wouldn't have the same quality as L&P rendering. Can you elaborate that opinion and explain how having an iray farm rendering your renders or rendering them yourself has any difference. Thanks.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think he probably has a little more than just the beginning and ending, but not much more. I imagine the typical outline for a character is something like this:

1. Background/Establishment
2. Major Event 1
3. Major Event 2
4. Major Event 3
5. Conflict
6. Resolution of Conflict
7. End

That sort of outline isn't bad, but it's not nearly sufficient enough. I'm sure that he has some ideas jotted down for each step, but nothing in great detail. And as anyone who has ever written any sort of fiction knows, the devil is in the details. Not only is he struggling with keeping to a plan (probably because his outline isn't detailed enough), but I also suspect that he doesn't have any notes regarding the connective tissue that links each scene together. Not every scene with a character is a major event, but every scene needs to advance the story- and he's having trouble with that. That's ok, writing is hard and there's no shame in that. What's killing him is that he doesn't seem to be making any changes to compensate for it.

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Here's a story.
Guy starts making story.
Guy knows how it ends.
Guy has the events thought out only for the next playable day and changes it as he goes.
People didn't like a certain twist? No problem, the script isn't written, guy just removes the twist.
Guy has only some sort of outline until the story ends with MC getting passed like a bycicle.

Guy needs a translator? Sure.
Can the translator have the script beforehand? Nah.
Why can't he? Because there's no script lol. Hence why the translator needs to be 12h for a few days with the Guy. Because that's when the story is being written.
The truth is usually the simplest explanation.

Bane71 your opinion was that a render farm wouldn't have the same quality as L&P rendering. Can you elaborate that opinion and explain how having an iray farm rendering your renders or rendering them yourself has any difference. Thanks.
I will repeat it again, because I believe in L&P. I think he has absolutely no reason to lie to us.

No, hypothetically false is possible, but not in the case of the L&P. The two years that I have been watching AWAM have told me a lot about the L&P itself. He's smart, talented and even though he doesn't reveal much about the upcoming plot. This is no reason for me to doubt his honesty.
The same goes for the rendering farm. I rely on his estimates. L&P says that the farm makes a lot of small mistakes, which then he needs to fix and, in general, bring the picture quality to his requirements.
He does not want to waste his time on using this resource, the poem of a constant conversation on this topic does not make sense.
He does not tell someone else to use the farm or not, he says about himself that this resource does not suit him.
This explanation is enough for me.

I'll tell you more. I see you are taking the first steps in creating 3D art. Don't waste your energy teaching L&P by telling him how to work, get busy with your project. I think this is a reasonable alternative.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
And yet, viper6, I have no desire to upset you in any way. I hope my electronic translation is good enough for you to understand.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Apparently you are misunderstanding something that viper6 or L&P is trying to say. ( Somebody teach me how to tag someone in a message :cry: ), farm does not make mistakes. The mistakes are already there when L&P has them and only after rendering he sees those mistakes and then sits to correct them. That's what he said from my understanding. Whether he does or the farm does the mistakes will be there. That's what he needs to minimize with his experience.

And the point is that not every render he makes can have mistakes. The guy is doing rendering for 4 yrs now. Maybe 30-40 can have errors in a batch of 500. But he atleast gets 460 renders completed. He can sit and tweak the 40 himself. The work still gets faster.
If you want to tag someone, use the @ symbol and then type their name, like Sabertooth__

Be careful though, there's a ton of users on this forum so you have to get the name exact.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Apparently you are misunderstanding something that viper6 or L&P is trying to say. ( Somebody teach me how to tag someone in a message :cry: ), farm does not make mistakes. The mistakes are already there when L&P has them and only after rendering he sees those mistakes and then sits to correct them. That's what he said from my understanding. Whether he does or the farm does the mistakes will be there. That's what he needs to minimize with his experience.

And the point is that not every render he makes can have mistakes. The guy is doing rendering for 4 yrs now. Maybe 30-40 can have errors in a batch of 500. But he atleast gets 460 renders completed. He can sit and tweak the 40 himself. The work still gets faster.
Perhaps I do not understand something correctly. It is human nature to make mistakes. Perhaps my belief in the L&P is also a mistake. I don’t know, the time will show.

Anyway, I wish all of us all the best, as well as the L&P.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Perhaps I do not understand something correctly. It is human nature to make mistakes. Perhaps my belief in the L&P is also a mistake. I don’t know, the time will show.

The point being made is that a render farm can't "make mistakes", it's just a bit of hardware you borrow.

Another way of thinking about it: If you borrow a hammer you can't blame the hammer if a nail bends when it hits a knot in the wood. If you drive a thousand nails it doesn't matter how good a carpenter you are or whose hammer you use, you're going to hit a few knots along the way.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

I think there is a persistent language barrier in this conversation. I get the impression that Bane reads L&P (and us) very literally, while I (and many native English speakers) infer more things from L&P. So I don't really know how to help this conversation.

Here's what I'll say though Bane: Yes everyone makes mistakes, but when it comes to L&P we're talking about "mistakes". L&P strikes me as the kind of guy who looks at his renders, and then looks at them longer, and then looks at them even longer until he finds a "mistake". I put "mistake" in quotes because I don't know how serious to take his ideas of mistakes. I seriously doubt he has deep flaws in any of his images that he renders- but I can totally see him obsessing over the smallest detail and calling it a "mistake". This process almost certainly costs him days for each render that he obsesses over.

This leads me to the render farm. He uses the excuse that he can't use the render farm because of mistakes- but remember, those are "mistakes" in the eyes of someone who is obsessive. In truth, I just don't think L&P wants to give up any control, and is afraid that using a render farm will result in the loss of some control. He would absolutely save time using a render farm, but because of his obsession I don't think he's thinking about it purely logically. I mean this without judgement, but L&P is probably a guy who deals with anxiety (like many of us) and the idea of turning his game over to a render farm is just too much for him. It would explain why every single idea proposed to him has been rejected. Not a single one has been accepted, even partially, it's always "No, this won't work for me." I'm not calling him a liar, I think he's seeing the world very differently than most of us are and is not able to be flexible. I sometimes think that removing the Dylan twist must have been really difficult for him.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
The point being made is that a render farm can't "make mistakes", it's just a bit of hardware you borrow.

Another way of thinking about it: If you borrow a hammer you can't blame the hammer if a nail bends when it hits a knot in the wood. If you drive a thousand nails it doesn't matter how good a carpenter you are or whose hammer you use, you're going to hit a few knots along the way.
Thank you, thanks to your explanation, I understand the complaint better. :)
But that doesn't change my attitude towards L&P. I do not consider it necessary to insist that he turn to this resource.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you, thanks to your explanation, I understand the complaint better. :)
But that doesn't change my attitude towards L&P. I do not consider it necessary to insist that he turn to this resource.
All good sir, and of course, your attitude towards L&P is well understood.(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I think there is a persistent language barrier in this conversation. I get the impression that Bane reads L&P (and us) very literally, while I (and many native English speakers) infer more things from L&P. So I don't really know how to help this conversation.

Here's what I'll say though Bane: Yes everyone makes mistakes, but when it comes to L&P we're talking about "mistakes". L&P strikes me as the kind of guy who looks at his renders, and then looks at them longer, and then looks at them even longer until he finds a "mistake". I put "mistake" in quotes because I don't know how serious to take his ideas of mistakes. I seriously doubt he has deep flaws in any of his images that he renders- but I can totally see him obsessing over the smallest detail and calling it a "mistake". This process almost certainly costs him days for each render that he obsesses over.

This leads me to the render farm. He uses the excuse that he can't use the render farm because of mistakes- but remember, those are "mistakes" in the eyes of someone who is obsessive. In truth, I just don't think L&P wants to give up any control, and is afraid that using a render farm will result in the loss of some control. He would absolutely save time using a render farm, but because of his obsession I don't think he's thinking about it purely logically. I mean this without judgement, but L&P is probably a guy who deals with anxiety (like many of us) and the idea of turning his game over to a render farm is just too much for him. It would explain why every single idea proposed to him has been rejected. Not a single one has been accepted, even partially, it's always "No, this won't work for me." I'm not calling him a liar, I think he's seeing the world very differently than most of us are and is not able to be flexible. I sometimes think that removing the Dylan twist must have been really difficult for him.
Thanks, I really liked this post.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl
3.40 star(s) 487 Votes