Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Why don't you form a team with other fan art devs and create scenes of the upcomming events? Like a fan AWAM's unofficial version? So, we enjoy AWAM twice. Something similar to what people do with Dragon Ball, there are a lot of fan series between releases. :)
The problem with that is that there aren't enough of us working on asset identification in order to do something as simple as Sophia walking down the top floor hallway, or walking into the living room. Or the front lawn

All the assets required for her bedroom haven't even been entirely identified. To my knowledge none of the things on her vanity are known.

I told you so

Jun 25, 2017
And yet, viper6, I have no desire to upset you in any way. I hope my electronic translation is good enough for you to understand.
My friend I think you're mixing up some concepts here. A render farm does not create scenes, it only renders them, that's all.
It's quite useful because you can render quickly while your own machine can keep creating scenes (in 1080p any big scene renders in 5-8 min max).

Doesn't really matter as L&P as said he won't use any render farm but I thought I should clear that up.

Reactions: Bane71

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Thank you, thanks to your explanation, I understand the complaint better. :)
But that doesn't change my attitude towards L&P. I do not consider it necessary to insist that he turn to this resource.
One of the reasons that people are insistent is that L&P has never really given a valid explanation as to why it won't work. He's gone into great detail about the issue with "mistakes", but that's not really a great reason. Any "mistakes" would originate from his work so he can't in good-faith blame the render farm (which it feels like he has tired to do). Secondly, if he has 1,000 renders and 10% of them have a "mistake" that's still 900 renders that came through quickly- he would save boatloads of time even if he needs to tweak the 10% that had a mistake.

So I feel like you're reading his explanation very literally, and it sounds reasonable if you do. But to me, I hear his reasons and they don't answer the question. To me, it sounds like a guy trying to find an excuse because he can't admit that he doesn't want to loosen his grip on the game. I think he really enjoys the tinkering.

At its most fundamental, I think most of us just doubt that his images are really that flawed to begin with. I would like to see some of his drafts/rejected images to see the difference. But if it's anything like the comparison he gave us between 1080 and 720, I think most of us would struggle to see the difference.

L&P could be a great artist. He could have a real future doing CG artwork. I don't know if that skillset translates into making a full VN.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The problem with that is that there aren't enough of us working on asset identification in order to do something as simple as Sophia walking down the top floor hallway, or walking into the living room. Or the front lawn

All the assets required for her bedroom haven't even been entirely identified. To my knowledge none of the things on her vanity are known.
Well, in a fan series not everything needs to look exactly the same, it could be something approximated.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I think there is a persistent language barrier in this conversation. I get the impression that Bane reads L&P (and us) very literally, while I (and many native English speakers) infer more things from L&P. So I don't really know how to help this conversation.
Yes, there is a lot of nuance being lost in translation - literal translation vs actual English usage.

Here's what I'll say though Bane: Yes everyone makes mistakes, but when it comes to L&P we're talking about "mistakes". L&P strikes me as the kind of guy who looks at his renders, and then looks at them longer, and then looks at them even longer until he finds a "mistake". I put "mistake" in quotes because I don't know how serious to take his ideas of mistakes. I seriously doubt he has deep flaws in any of his images that he renders- but I can totally see him obsessing over the smallest detail and calling it a "mistake". This process almost certainly costs him days for each render that he obsesses over.
This paragraph of yours makes me think of a scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off (John Hugh's best movie IMHO). During the art museum sequence, Cameron is staring at George Seurat's . He's captivated by the painting as a whole but as he focuses in more, he starts to see that the "colors" he's seeing aren't really the colors that are there, they are actually different colored individual dots of paint which in proximity to one another trick our eye into seeing a single color [check Mark Rothko for more on color/sense manipulation]. The camera alternates between Cameron's face and the painting's surface. Each cut pulls in ever closer on the painting's surface and Cameron's eyes. The closer we get to Cameron's eyes the more intense his focus and expressions become. The closer you get to the painting's surface the less representative everything gets, the more abstract it gets, until you end up so close to the canvas that the daubs of color blur together and there is no longer any representation left. We no longer see the cheek of a child standing next to her mother under a tree in the mid-ground of an epic outdoor scene.

L&P needs to realize that each pixel within each shot within each scene within each event within each update within each sub-plot within this project does not carry the same weight as the look on Sophia's face as she watches Ellie rub one out.

gkdanuka

Jul 31, 2019
Why don't you form a team with other fan art devs and create scenes of the upcomming events? Like a fan AWAM's unofficial version? So, we enjoy AWAM twice. Something similar to what people do with Dragon Ball, there are a lot of fan series between releases. :)
As for me it very difficult to find time to create and render a scene. My GPU is not powerful enough to create a AWAM scene(Environments are huge and they take lot of VRAM).That means render time is too much for me to handle. Asset reorganization for each new place L&P creates is not easy either

considering the things in her vanity table, I think I identified most of them

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
As for me it very difficult to find time to create and render a scene. My GPU is not powerful enough to create a AWAM scene(Environments are huge and they take lot of VRAM).That means render time is too much for me to handle. Asset reorganization for each new place L&P creates is not easy either

considering the things in her vanity table, I think I identified most of them
To my knowledge I don't know of anyone that has bothered to render the photo of Dylan and Ellie that's on the vanity, and it's things like that, that when missing, break immersion.

But then that comes down to player engagement. If L&P was more supportive of the community here, he could have a lot more fans. Both of the devs I'm a patron of are active here, and have told me what assets they use in their games.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Our friend now has an assistant, an American, who helps him with the translation. Excellent!

I think I will start with the last part Thu or Fri this week. But there are 43 Word pages of text to translate plus program. Then I have also to prepare the new features into the new version. You will have the option to cheat now, to name your savegames, to view the walkthrough and character directory directly in the menu, plus there will be a new update button where you will be able wo download only the new stuff without downloading the whole game again and again. This will give me the option to release updates faster. And I don't want to make any mistake anywhere. So, there's still a lot of work in front of me. I will have an American who will help me with the translation via Discord. But it's absolutely impossible to finish this all in only 1,5 weeks! Of course, I'm working every day around 11 hours on it now. But I think first half of June is the more realistic prediction.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
sam is a slimy guy.
Yes, it comes off a little slimy. But maybe he's just a total romantic.
When you look at his arrogant and hurtful grin at the pool event, that's an expression on his face that can't be ignored. If you are in love, we assume that this applies to Sam, you can be selfish. But that expression shows my opinion more than that. It shows the contempt for the loser, Dylan, about whom he knows that Dylan is also pissed off that Sam approaches his mother in an inadmissible way and touches her. It's an expression like, "I know you're upset, but there is nothing you can do about it". No friend would do that.
Now one can argue that Dylan is a stupid, perverted loser who deserves it. But Dylan loves and respects his mother.
And even if he thinks of his mother that tits are tits, at least in Sophia's eyes it makes him a lovable, stupid and
perverted loser.
I don't know whether this quality of Sam's character will also have an impact on the further story or whether the
developer only gives the players the opportunity to rate the character Sam only for themselves.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yes, it comes off a little slimy. But maybe he's just a total romantic.
When you look at his arrogant and hurtful grinat the pool event, that's an expression on his face that can't be ignored. If you are in love, we assume that this applies to Sam, you can be selfish. But that expression shows my opinion more than that. It shows the contempt for the loser, Dylan, about whom he knows that Dylan is also pissed off that Sam approaches his mother in an inadmissible way and touches her. It's an expression like, "I know you're upset, but there is nothing you can do about it". No friend would do that.
Now one can argue that Dylan is a stupid, perverted loser who deserves it. But Dylan loves and respects his mother.
And even if he thinks of his mother that tits are tits, at least in Sophia's eyes it makes him a lovable, stupid and
perverted loser.
I don't know whether this quality of Sam's character will also have an impact on the further story or whether the
developer only gives the players the opportunity to rate the character Sam only for themselves.
I think that's the reason why, although I won't get the event in my playthrough, I'm so curious Dylan doesn't get an invite to the concert. Seems to show a breakup in the friendship that's the complete opposite of Ellie and Jules.

Meanwhile, what's a "grinat"?

Reactions: Bane71
3.40 star(s) 487 Votes