Lederzar

Mar 5, 2020

For those who're holding the view that I started to work with passion on the game with fast updates and then become much slower since my support grew.
Here some facts:
My demo came out in October 2017. I started with the story for the first days end of 2016. January 2017 I started to learn Daz Studio in a crash course and in February I started working on the first scenes of the game. So, we can say I needed around 9 months for the demo which contained 940 renders and 62 MS Word pages of translated text.
My first update 0.02 came out around February 2018. It contained 591 renders and 31 MS Word pages of translated text. I started working on it in the middle of November 2017 after redoing the game from RPGM to Renpy. So, 2,5 months development time.
At this moment I didn't know even 10% about Daz Studio and Photoshop, what I know now! No dforce, no texture editing, no mesh editing, no texture editing, no own light systems... nothing!
Next update 0.100 will contain around 1300 renders and 45 MS Word pages of translated text! For this it will take 5 months.
And you just need to compare the art of my upcoming update with my first two! Plus what you don't know is that since June 1st I got a new apartment but am still living in my old one because I have no time for the move because of the update. My family members are helping me with the build up the interior of the accommodation otherwise I would shoot myself of stress!
Plus more support means answering more messages and emails!
Many think that if you have experience with Daz Studio you have to work faster. Yes, it's true. But there's also another side of the coin. The more you know about the possibilities of a program and the more you want to make the game look greater and greater, the more time it needs. Using dforce alone in almost every scene takes much more time. And who thinks that dforce is just for cloth simulation is wrong. There are countless of other cool things you can do with it! Saving/loading big scenes takes time. Plus, my lighting system is very complex now. Every camera angle needs a setting change!
Yeah, maybe I worked 1 or 2 hours more per day at the very beginning. So, now 10-12 hours per day and at the beginning 12-14. But someday you understand that this is a marathon and not a 100 metres race! For half a year I'd like to fly to my relatives and relax for at least 4-5 days! Plus finally move to my new apartment! So, it's also in my interest to finally finish that freaking update!

This is still not my statement. After my next update I will give you a detailed insight into my work/life and why it's so difficult to get some help in my case.
And there will also be a poll about switching from 720p to 1080p where I will specify what this will lead to.

This post is public, so pay attention on what you write in the comments. Inappropriate comments and trolling s**t will be deleted! So don't even try!
These long explanations can be perceived as excuses. What L&P should do is hire someone to help him with the game, like all developers do when the VN gets too big.

summersun

May 5, 2017

For those who're holding the view that I started to work with passion on the game with fast updates and then become much slower since my support grew.
Here some facts:
My demo came out in October 2017. I started with the story for the first days end of 2016. January 2017 I started to learn Daz Studio in a crash course and in February I started working on the first scenes of the game. So, we can say I needed around 9 months for the demo which contained 940 renders and 62 MS Word pages of translated text.
My first update 0.02 came out around February 2018. It contained 591 renders and 31 MS Word pages of translated text. I started working on it in the middle of November 2017 after redoing the game from RPGM to Renpy. So, 2,5 months development time.
At this moment I didn't know even 10% about Daz Studio and Photoshop, what I know now! No dforce, no texture editing, no mesh editing, no texture editing, no own light systems... nothing!
Next update 0.100 will contain around 1300 renders and 45 MS Word pages of translated text! For this it will take 5 months.
And you just need to compare the art of my upcoming update with my first two! Plus what you don't know is that since June 1st I got a new apartment but am still living in my old one because I have no time for the move because of the update. My family members are helping me with the build up the interior of the accommodation otherwise I would shoot myself of stress!
Many think that if you have experience with Daz Studio you have to work faster. Yes, it's true. But there's also another side of the coin. The more you know about the possibilities of a program and the more you want to make the game look greater and greater, the more time it needs. Using dforce alone in almost every scene takes much more time. And who thinks that dforce is just for cloth simulation is wrong. There are countless of other cool things you can do with it! Saving/loading big scenes takes time. Plus, my lighting system is very complex now. Every camera angle needs a setting change!
Yeah, maybe I worked 1 or 2 hours more per day at the very beginning. So, now 10-12 hours per day and at the beginning 12-14. But someday you understand that this is a marathon and not a 100 metres race! For half a year I'd like to fly to my relatives and relax for at least 4-5 days! Plus finally move to my new apartment! So, it's also in my interest to finally finish that freaking update!

This is still not my statement. After my next update I will give you a detailed insight into my work/life and why it's so difficult to get some help in my case.
And there will also be a poll about switching from 720p to 1080p where I will specify what this will lead to.

This post is public, so pay attention on what you write in the comments. Inappropriate comments and trolling s**t will be deleted! So don't even try!
Okay, thanks for making it absolutely clear that it has nothing to do with milking *irony off*

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019

Here some facts:

Again, why does he choose to respond to people who doesn’t follow the game that much and just press the skip button ? Does anyone here who put constructive criticism has complained about the lack of renders or the lighting getting worse ? The most I see (and agree) are: too many renders, superfluous events, repetition of events without advancing their routes (Dylan and Sam in the previous update), over detailed «lessons » ( second side job, Sophia class, Sam guitar lesson), to many side routes in each path, etc. We already know that he can’t (doesn’t want to) hire someone to help. But there’s plenty of way to cut the workload but he’s too stubborn and he never respond to those arguments.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I didn't realise that this update is the biggest to date,even bigger than the demo.He may cut down on the dialog but I have serious doubts that he will cut down on the renders.
I also think that I could enhance the art quality a little bit further
Why bother doing this as his game already looks stunning.?
This is one of the reasons as to why I have serious doubts about him reducing the renders or dialog.
Dialogue and renders generally go hand-in-hand because each new dialogue line also comes with a render to go with it, like a slight change in a character's facial expression or the position of their arm. Therefore, if the dialogue gets cut down, then the renders will be reduced as well.

Reactions: Bane71 and nexer

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Dialogue and renders generally go hand-in-hand because each new dialogue line also comes with a render to go with it, like a slight change in a character's facial expression or the position of their arm. Therefore, if the dialogue gets cut down, then the renders will be reduced as well.
I still have my doubts.I hope that I am wrong.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I think he hasn't offered any solutions but hey I'm not paying a dime for this game so if it takes 5 months or 5 years for an update it's his and his patreon's problem not mine I'm just trying to help the guy
He has offered to cut down on renders and dialog,if he keeps his word on that.
We could know more in September.
Also if he did visit f9,why,as it seems a pointless thing to do.He should do what most devs do and stay the hell away from here any news he has his Patrons will read it and maybe repost someplace.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
We are only on what day 13-14 in game? And there's potential Sophia won't have sex with someone till day 29-30? Damn that's 2 years away!
We are on day 11.And you are in some huge mistake to think that day 29-30 will be in 2 years.Try with 7-8 or even 10+

I had hoped for an August release as many of us here did but I guess an ETA of early September is not too long to wait. :mad:
Dam L&P get your shit sorted
Let's hope my second prediction(1-10 Setptember) will be correct.

DirtyDozen

Dec 26, 2018
We are on day 11.And you are in some huge mistake to think that day 29-30 will be in 2 years.Try with 7-8 or even 10+

Let's hope my second prediction(1-10 Setptember) will be correct.
I was just kidding, I know to get to day 29-30 we are looking at 10-20 years down the road

• Haha
Reactions: EthanHunt95

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I still have my doubts.I hope that I am wrong.
Well, L&P says that this update is around 1300 renders, and we know that with this game each line of dialogue usually has a render because for each line a dialogue a facial expression might change, or the camera angle might change to focus on another character, or the character might shift the position of their body, arm, head, etc.

If L&P were to write just 800 lines of dialogue, then it would only require around 800 renders, so there's the reduction right there.

However, the main issue is how does L&P take a full day like Day 11 which, when combined with the 1st half will be around 1800 renders (the first half of Day 11 is just 515 renders), and make the next full days less than that in order to produce full day updates instead of half-days? This is what L&P needs to solve and they conceivably could do this when you consider that the first part of this day was around half the number of renders of the 2nd part, so it's entirely possible that L&P could do a full day in around 1000 renders.

In order to do this, of course, they need to not go overboard with the writing, because if they can produce 1300 renders for a half-day update in 5 months, then they can presumably produce 1000 renders for a full day update in 4 months. This would quite literally cut development time in half because 19 full day updates every 4 months would take around 6 years, as opposed to the half-day updates every 4-5 months which would take 12-15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hlextor and Old Dog

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Well, L&P says that this update is around 1300 renders, and we know that with this game each line of dialogue usually has a render because for each line a dialogue a facial expression might change, or the camera angle might change to focus on another character, or the character might shift the position of their body, arm, head, etc.

If L&P were to write just 800 lines of dialogue, then it would only require around 800 renders, so there's the reduction right there.

However, the main issue is how does L&P take a full day like Day 11 which, when combined with this 1st half, will be around 1800 renders (the first half of Day 11 is just 515 renders), and make the next full days less than in order to produce full day updates instead of half-days? This is what L&P needs to solve and they conceivably could do this when you consider that the first part of this day was around half the number of renders of the 2nd part, so it's entirely possible that L&P could do a full day in around 1000 renders.

In order to do this, of course, they need to not go overboard with the writing, because if they can produce 1300 renders for a half-day update in 5 months, then they can presumably produce 1000 renders for a full day update in 4 months.
Well hopefully we will know more come September.
Thanks for your explanation

• Haha
Reactions: EthanHunt95

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
Dev is arguing with everybody and making excuses, instead of doing what everybody wants him to do, cut down on useless and unattractive plot lines and scenes and renders... this is a proof that we are probably heading for abandonment with this one, because if somebody is so stubborn , that is bound to happen...

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 451 Votes