Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So let me get this straight and correct me if I'm wrong.

L&P set up the poll with the different versions of Sophia and didn't tell Patreons what one was the original Sophia. Patreons voted but they voted the original Sophia looked better instead of the new one. Now L&P is saying he doesn't believe anyone can think that and is now going ahead with redoing renders in AWAM with the new Sophia.

Am I right? L&P is going to rerender essentially the whole AWAM with the new and in his mind better version of Sophia?

edit * or

L&P is just going to use the new Sophia from here on out.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
It's The Dark Knight all over again. I have no invested attachments to this game, but even I can call it out when a critical character gets recasted.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021

Finally started working on the new update! The next teaser from the mini event with Sam will be out soon too.

PS: Part 1 is now available with the revised renders of the intro until the arrival at the new house.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm curious... does the remastered part has Sophia's new model in it now aswell? Because if so, that'd be a massive indicator that L&P's done the new model a long time ago, which in return would beg for the question as to what the fuck he's been doing the past 5 weeks. I'm way too lazy to check myself, but yeah.

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
I suspect that the changes are in some way a response to the success of the Fan Art projects - which are quite successful in my mind. He needs to seize back some kind of control or "originality" by making more work (or undermine) the Fan Artists. Just my paranoid delusions likely. ;)
His renders are better by a distance why does he need to compete them?!

He needs to speed up… with current speed he will finish in 34 years. If he moves slower it will take even more… a teenager will be a grandpa when this game is finished…

Reactions: Jude6

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
Patreon main post:

L&P in Patreon's comment section:

Call me crazy, but there is no way L&P wrote the devblog post (first spoiler) himself. The second spoiler has your usual L&P comment in somewhat broken English, which you also normally see on his devblogs (even worse most of the time). Something about this is weird, and it's not just the terrible new model. He's either used ChatGPT for the devblog post, or someone else wrote it.

That doesn't have to mean anything really, but something else I find quite weird is how this was worded: "I have no doubt that our progress will be evident to all..."

This is a wording one would use if there was more than 1 person working on it. Again, this could just mean nothing, but this whole remodelling nonsense in combination with this devblog has me raising an eyebrow or two.
AI helps you to get the perfect result when it comes to text processing. On the comments section he is replying instantly hence the difference.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023

Finally started working on the new update! The next teaser from the mini event with Sam will be out soon too.

PS: Part 1 is now available with the revised renders of the intro until the arrival at the new house.

And which is version A or B?

Blastoffft

May 5, 2022
What's all the fuss about... Wasting so much time on the minutiae. It has been as clear as a sunny day for may years now how this developer operates. If the patrons are happy to pay and be treated this way then there is not a lot that can be done about it. The best thing to do would be to close these discussions and not give him the extra publicity. I think it is clear and understandable that a lot of patrons join and then become frustrated by their treatment and leave, but, there seems to be always plenty of new members to exploit. It is a shame because this VN could have been a real work of art for the ages if he had real commitment to the art, was less controlling and less avaricious.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
What's all the fuss about... Wasting so much time on the minutiae. It has been as clear as a sunny day for may years now how this developer operates. If the patrons are happy to pay and be treated this way then there is not a lot that can be done about it. The best thing to do would be to close these discussions and not give him the extra publicity. I think it is clear and understandable that a lot of patrons join and then become frustrated by their treatment and leave, but, there seems to be always plenty of new members to exploit. It is a shame because this VN could have been a real work of art for the ages if he had real commitment to the art, was less controlling and less avaricious.
Fuss about - that LP will lose a lot of fans of his game and most likely a lot of patreons - because the fact that he did this is unthinkable - it’s like a slap in the face!
He buried his project with his own hands!

R.I.P AWAM(n)

lupogba6

Sep 6, 2021

she dosent even look like sophia anymore
i hope he knows what he is doing with this

this dosent make sense to me

making her look younger and changing her face
how that will help the game i dont know

but i hope it is the right decision

it would have been much better to keep her like she was and
focus on increasing the development speed

but good luck l&p
with this move he really needs it
and i hope this dosent backfire

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Fuss about - that LP will lose a lot of fans of his game and most likely a lot of patreons - because the fact that he did this is unthinkable - it’s like a slap in the face!
He buried his project with his own hands!

R.I.P AWAM(n)
Are you betting on this? It's not like we have dozens of examples of devs doing nothing and still getting support.

No, the worst thing is that it'll work...

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017

finally!!! new Sophie/Ellie event!!!

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
Are you betting on this? It's not like we have dozens of examples of devs doing nothing and still getting support.

No, the worst thing is that it'll work...
I’m not making any bets - i’m talking about the fact that this project will lose interest among the mass fan base due to the change of the MC - and whether they will support it or not is the second thing! Personally i lost interest! For me, this is no longer a game - which is already more than five years old - and especially since his patreons voted for option C, he didn’t care about their opinion! He picked up the shovel to dig the grave himself!

My grandfather was a perceptive man and when he saw the Titanic he tried to warn people that he would drown, but no one listened to him, they just beat him up and kicked him out of the cinema!
:LOL: ;)

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I’m not making any bets - i’m talking about the fact that this project will lose interest among the mass fan base due to the change of the MC - and whether they will support it or not is the second thing! Personally i lost interest! For me, this is no longer a game - which is already more than five years old - and especially since his patreons voted for option C, he didn’t care about their opinion! He picked up the shovel to dig the grave himself!

My grandfather was a perceptive man and when he saw the Titanic he tried to warn people that he would drown, but no one listened to him, they just beat him up and kicked him out of the cinema!
:LOL: ;)
I don't believe it at all :confused:

Reactions: mad_hungarian
3.30 star(s) 451 Votes