Feb 7, 2018
Yeah its 2020. So what? I dont think that everybody would download an adult game/novel which is 20gb or 30bg in size.
It'a a hypothetical/estimated size of a finished game 10-15 years from now. It will be absolutely nothing. BaDIK is 8GB right now with a 2GB incremental update, and they are doing great.

Just go and see the first message under the OP. A member was shocked at this game's 1.48 gb size for a demo version.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I think he was shocked in a good way.

Now your problem is L&P not giving us 1080p renders, right?

Wait, aren't you satisfied with the present renders? (Sigh...) Nevermind:cautious:
I just leave this here as an answer and let it sink in.
last_goal.png

roro

May 29, 2017
Yes, if you have no idea of what you are doing. Have you checked the attached images?
edit:typo
These images doesn't prove anything.
If you want to have the same file size, you would have to use a much more aggressive compression on the 1080p file, and each lossy compression has it's one weak points. Most of the time, the difference will not be noticeable, but the render time will be 2.25 times longer. Do you really think it's necessary?

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Now your problem is L&P not giving us 1080p renders, right?
Wait, aren't you satisfied with the present renders? (Sigh...) Nevermind:cautious:
And your accusations about L&P being the "master of excuses", make no sense.
the problem is the usual false promise, it was he who fire in his obirttic that would have gone from 720 to 1080; now she finds excuses for not doing it, like she excuses for not taking help etc.

RoadGork

Dec 16, 2017
the problem is the usual false promise, it was he who fire in his obirttic that would have gone from 720 to 1080; now she finds excuses for not doing it, like she excuses for not taking help etc.
Not the problem for me, at least the part with 1080, even back then i kinda hoped that he wont do the upgrade. Case with hiring help however, dunno.All this things have been promised 3 years ago, and we have to be fair about that one, he was thinking very ambitious back then, but 3 years passed, and well things changed. Though you want criticize him on this one, i'am not stopping you. He wrote this goals himself.

Feb 7, 2018
These images doesn't prove anything.
If you want to have the same file size, you would have to use a much more aggressive compression on the 1080p file, [...]
If you can, please provide few 1080p+ lossless images from the game, and I'll gladly prove you wrong.

Most of the time, the difference will not be noticeable[...]
Probably true, if you're playing on a sub 100$ 3,5" smartphone.

[...] but the render time will be 2.25 times longer.
L&P said himself, it's not an issue on his hardware

Do you really think it's necessary?
It's irrelevant what I think. It's L&P's promise, but yeah, I think 720p in 2020 is laughable.

roro

May 29, 2017
If you can, please provide few 1080p+ lossless images from the game, and I'll gladly prove you wrong.
Maybe it's a joke and I don't get it because of my poor English. I'm not an expert in image processing, but I am a mathematician with enough background in the field of data compression. Take an 1080p and a 720p versions of the same image in the same lossless format, and apply the same lossy compression on both of them, it's certain that the 1080p image file size will be larger than the 720p image file size. Maybe I wasn't correctly understood, so let me rephraze it in more detail. Take a scene, render it in 720p and apply a lossy compression on it. Render the same scene in 1080p. If you want the 1080p lossy file to match the size of the 720p lossy file, then you would have to use a much more aggressive compression.
Probably true, if you're playing on a sub 100$ 3,5" smartphone.
That's quite a demagogue statement, as I was referring a heavy lossy compression. Now I encourage you to try and find the difference between a downscaled and lossy compressed 720p and 1080p (you can use the original 4k image rendered by L&P) with the same file size on your 1000$ 6.5" smartphone from a regular viewing distance. While you may find some differences in a thorough examination, it won't be of any real significance.
L&P said himself, it's not an issue on his hardware
That's not true. He said that rendering wasn't an issue with in the context of rendering in 720p. As I said before, 1080p rendering time will be 2.25 times longer than 720p rendering time. And that may be an issue...
It's irrelevant what I think. It's L&P's promise, but yeah, I think 720p in 2020 is laughable.
I bet if L&P rendered everything in 720p and then upscaled his images to 1080p nobody would have known and nobody would have cared in the first place. Deep inside you know it, but hey, he promised...
And you know what, you're right about his promises. I also think it's absurd, and if he realized he's not going to render in 1080p then that promise should be removed from his last goal.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Getting LP to change this from 720p to 1080p is the dumbest thing I've ever read in this thread in the past month when you take in consideration that he's taking a ton of time between updates already.
Let the man keep rendering in 720p, the quality is more than enough. By the end of the game, if we get there and if everyone wants, he'll drop 1080p renders or 4k.

edit: the only way this would be good is if "outsourced" the rendering, else you're just asking for more time between updates.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Getting LP to change this from 720p to 1080p is the dumbest thing I've ever read in this thread in the past month when you take in consideration that he's taking a ton of time between updates already.
Let the man keep rendering in 720p, the quality is more than enough. By the end of the game, if we get there and if everyone wants, he'll drop 1080p renders or 4k.

edit: the only way this would be good is if "outsourced" the rendering, else you're just asking for more time between updates.
That would be amazing if he "outsource" his rendering to help with the process, but once again he is supposed to draft up a statement of why he hasn't found any help yet. I going to guess that he has a trusting people issue.

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
I had a thought the other day.

I think the Ellie x Julia relationship is part of the Good Wife path.

I've been wondering why L&P would put Ellie and Alyssa scenes onto the same time-slot, since I imagine there's a decent overlap of Ellie fans and Alyssa fans.

Apologies if everyone else has already figured this out months ago -
In all the FMC corruption games that I've played, the chaste/good/moral path is always a case of just saying 'No' to everything (and a lot of the time seeing fuck all content for your trouble).

However, with A Wife and Mother, the Good Wife path looks like it could be more twisty - it makes sense that in order for Sophia to be not just a Good Wife but a GOOD Mother, she would be looking out for her kids and setting them up with good partners.

We saw in the last update that Emma has been sort of groomed (yikes) by Sophia, and now she's thinking about setting Emma up as a Happy (non-incestuous) Ending for Dylan. Considering the setup of those two pretty clearly runs counter to any progress of the relationship between Dylan and Sophia - the logic follows that there would be a Good-Wife path love-interest for Ellie, since it very clearly isn't Logan, we have Julia.

This will presumably mean that at some point all the Ellie Fans will have to make a choice between seeing her continue her blossoming relationship with Sophia, or with Julia.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes