Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
This thread looks a bit like BB's during 0.5. Mods should intervene a bit imo. I'll stop pointless offtop here.
So, do you know anything about it and how difficult it is? Is it possible to make a game with 10k images there?
I've heard that Ren'py is the easiest engine out there and there is no clear limit to a number of images he can take. But maybe someone have more knowledge about that. There is no game with 10k pictures in it for sure yet

Reactions: Thornhill

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I've quickly watched some tutorials to get a little impression of it and it looks more difficult than rpg!
Considering you can make RPG Maker games with no coding knowledge whatsoever, yeah, slightly more difficult. The Ren'Py script language is really simple though, as long as you stick to making VNs. Not sure how well your map would turn out but animations are definitely possible.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
A mod needs to step into this thread, it's just becoming a shitshow.

Some guy is literally talking about how he has sex with his blood sister, in real life.

Oct 23, 2017
Can you not see the irony in this? you are the one that should be looking for another game (games about virgin kids banging milfs are everywhere), not the dev who has spent a lot of time developing this idea. This is just bad criticism. Period.

And there are a lot of men who enjoy playing a game from a woman's POV. That you can't see that is quite narrow minded.
In what world would my criticism of this game would be any less valid because I don't like these kind of games, specially when it have nothing to do with personal preferences but rather better game mechanics? After all, games where you go and whore a female MC are everywhere too, this one ain't special for it, except for the title, you might as well call it "I'm a really shitty mom" like all the games in the similar threads list.
This thread looks a bit like BB's during 0.5. Mods should intervene a bit imo. I'll stop pointless offtop here.
So are you going to say that the criticism in BB isn't valid either?

Moltn

May 4, 2017
Is the current version worth downloading or should I wait for a later version? I'm tempted to play it, but not sure if I should wait for a later version.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
I've asked about the image content on the rpg maker mv forum and it seems as if this engine can really only hold 2000 items in the database. It doesn't mean that you can't hold more but then it will has an impact on other things like less amount of events etc. So that's a real problem!
Now I'm highly probable forced to change the engine. The only problem: I don't know anything about ren'py yet! I've quickly watched some tutorials to get a little impression of it and it looks more difficult and less "overseeable" than rpg! So, do you know anything about it and how difficult it is? Is it possible to make a game with 10k images there? Is it possible to show animations there? I'd like to let my game look like on rpg maker but only without the rpg walking parts. Actually I'm afraid to lose the overview on ren'py cause it has not the clear map events overview like rpg maker! The further problem, I've written and planned my story and renders for rpg maker! Now I have to rewrite some parts! Shit, I had a really bad feeling about RPG maker from the very beginning!
I think you're worrying to much mate. No chance will you come close to hitting the limit, i've seen far bigger Japanese hentai games doing just fight on RPGMaker.

Don't sweat it, if you hit the limit then that just means your game is almost "too long".

And you can always do what ICSTOR does and make sequels.

"A Wife and a Mother 2" etc

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Some guy is literally talking about how he has sex with his blood sister, in real life.
That's not even the worst of it, but that other post is gone now.
I honestly have no idea why you would allow some guy to take a massive dump on basically every thread he enters.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Is the current version worth downloading or should I wait for a later version? I'm tempted to play it, but not sure if I should wait for a later version.
If you're looking for sex there is none yet tho there are some spicy moments. If you're looking for a content it's the biggest demo ever. It's bigger than most games here. Totally worth it

U

User_166761

I would say that you should take it easy regarding moving to Ren'Py, just focus on the next update and see what your patrons think of you spending development time just moving the game. The renders aren't going anywhere. When you finally decide to switch to Ren'Py most of the rendering work will be done anyway.

I really don't think it's a sensible decision to spend all your energy on it if you are still learning Ren'Py, especially since I don't think that you will see much of an improvement reception-wise with just moving to Ren'py.

A mod needs to step into this thread, it's just becoming a shitshow.

wew lad

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
can't say that build games on renp'py so can't say how diffcult it will be from 0,but i can say that i saw shit tons of them. from RPGs to VNs.
you can look at "Queen of Thieves" and "Seasons of the Wolf" for RPG parts,it have map where you can move your party and other useful stuff to watch as reference and possibilities.
it's also possible to make animations even better than in RPGM,seen shit tons of game with it.
PS: Renpy use python as language.

Last edited:

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I really don't think it's a sensible decision to spend all your energy on it if you are still learning Ren'Py, especially since I don't think that you will see much of an improvement reception-wise with just moving to Ren'py.
There might be a difference. Au Pair Innocence was RPGM initially but dev realised he's pretty much limited by it so he switched to Renpy. Reaction was different as it's a different playstyle even tho it's similiar

U

User_166761

There might be a difference. Au Pair Innocence was RPGM initially but dev realised he's pretty much limited by it so he switched to Renpy. Reaction was different as it's a different playstyle even tho it's similiar
I think he will see far more new patrons with new updates in the next months than with lack luster updates while spending time moving the game. Long term it's another story, Ren'Py is not that hard and he could learn it in a few months.

Moltn

May 4, 2017
If you're looking for sex there is none yet tho there are some spicy moments. If you're looking for a content it's the biggest demo ever. It's bigger than most games here. Totally worth it
Eh, I rather enjoy content over the sexual stuff. I'm just tired of running into a lot of 0.0.1 versions that really doesn't lead to any where. (Ex: Look into a closet. Strip nude. Thanks for playing.) lol

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
i see you missed the point "RPGM not meant for this"
what the point investin in something you will 100% scrap ?

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Different situation.

The developer used RPGMaker for a game that played like a Ren'Py game. It was a dumb decision on his part and only made things far more complicated for him. It played nothing like an RPGMaker game.

This developer on the other hand. has made an RPG Maker game and planned his game around that engine.

Reactions: User_166761

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I've asked about the image content on the rpg maker mv forum and it seems as if this engine can really only hold 2000 items in the database. It doesn't mean that you can't hold more but then it will has an impact on other things like less amount of events etc. So that's a real problem!
Now I'm highly probable forced to change the engine. The only problem: I don't know anything about ren'py yet! I've quickly watched some tutorials to get a little impression of it and it looks more difficult and less "overseeable" than rpg! So, do you know anything about it and how difficult it is? Is it possible to make a game with 10k images there? Is it possible to show animations there? I'd like to let my game look like on rpg maker but only without the rpg walking parts. Actually I'm afraid to lose the overview on ren'py cause it has not the clear map events overview like rpg maker! The further problem, I've written and planned my story and renders for rpg maker! Now I have to rewrite some parts! Shit, I had a really bad feeling about RPG maker from the very beginning!
Could check the steam community too, saw some discussions about that topic over there before.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I think he will see far more new patrons with new updates in the next months than with lack luster updates while spending time moving the game. Long term it's another story, Ren'Py is not that hard and he could learn it in a few months.
Ofc you're right. But looking at it now it works pretty slow in comparison to Renpy VN games and with more than 10K pictures it would probably wouldn't work at all. That might be a problem. His patrons will grow ofc but if there is a limit in RPGM which wouldn't surprise me he has to change engine. And it should be done early in development. Pretty complex situation.
Eh, I rather enjoy content over the sexual stuff. I'm just tired of running into a lot of 0.0.1 versions that really doesn't lead to any where. (Ex: Look into a closet. Strip nude. Thanks for playing.) lol
You will find what you're looking for in that case. It's 0.0.1 with 20 pages:p I've played most games here but it's the best demo that I've seen. Worth it
The developer used RPGMaker for a game that played like a Ren'Py game. It was a dumb decision on his part and only made things far more complicated for him. It played nothing like an RPGMaker game.
Not exactly. I was one of his very first followers. RPGM version was different in many aspects as it was trying to reproduce and improve many BB's mechanic. It was simpliefied in Renpy version. I guess it's good as it's was buggy and kinda clunky

Reactions: Moltn
Oct 23, 2017
If dev switches to Ren'Py, it's all a benefit. Problem is there probably won't be exploration like an RPG maker would, but you can add exploration of sorts like a lot of Ren'Py games do, at least jumping from one place to the other, think Summertime Saga or Something Unlimited.

Moltn

May 4, 2017
Ofc you're right. But looking at it now it works pretty slow in comparison to Renpy VN games and with more than 10K pictures it would probably wouldn't work at all. That might be a problem. His patrons will grow ofc but if there is a limit in RPGM which wouldn't surprise me he has to change engine. And it should be done early in development. Pretty complex situation.

You will find what you're looking for in that case. It's 0.0.1 with 20 pages:p I've played most games here but it's the best demo that I've seen. Worth it

Not exactly. I was one of his very first followers. RPGM version was different in many aspects as it was trying to reproduce and improve many BB's mechanic. It was simpliefied in Renpy version. I guess it's good as it's was buggy and kinda clunky
I might download it tomorrow and give it a try then. I'm always down for a pretty good filled content demo. Thanks for letting me know. :)

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes