Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Give the dude a break, he obviously has working very hard on it for a prolonged period of time and didnt get the response he wanted and got dissapppointed . How realistic his expectations was can surely be debated but it wasnt what he had anticipated that much seem clear.

Reactions: BranC

gramaton

May 16, 2017
Visual Novel sounds pretty good. hate this fkn prg shit with not knowing where to go and fkn retarded fighting and jobs and shit... fkn rpgm

Reactions: rld142

Bambino

Jun 6, 2017
The game is not perfect but is better than 90% of the games of this forum. Give the guy a break.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I just hope he doesn't rush it.

Au Pair for instance, feels like a buggy mess on Ren'Py because the developer rushed to move it. Part of this games charm is how high quality it feels compared to the rest of RPGMaker games. Learning an entire engine in 3 weeks just doesn't seem doable whilst mainting the original polish/quality he had. Maybe he should look for a coder, there will be a plethora that see the clear monetary potential in his game and might want in on the action from the get go.

I think this is a mistake and this developers attitude is just giving me too many red flags. So far he has release exactly one demo, an extremely good demo admittedly, but still, it's a 0.01 demo. Now he's already talking about remaking it in another engine, talking about how he doesn't have far more patreons and talking about how RPGMaker won't handle his "10,000 images".

It's way to impulsive for my liking.

Let's just hope this is a good idea, because this really had a fuck load of potential.
Yeah, honestly I'm playing this now for the first time and yeah it is great but just reading this topic the dev sets off every red flag to avoid pledging to him for the near future.

Like he seems to think it is some sort of shock he isn't already making 10-20 grand in pledges, like buddy you do realize that even darkcookie and mr. dot and such weren't making big bucks until well into their game's development, there is no 0.01 on earth that is gonna pull in 10 thousand dollars, that is just a fact of life.

Also he's probably gonna find out real fast that there is a lot more advanced coding issues involved in renpy than RPGM(there is a reason why so many dumb teenager first attempters use RPGM and not renpy), so yeah, unles he actually knows what he's doing he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Great game and I do hope it succeeds but I definitely have doubts about this dev not just quitting after an update or two just reading into his attitude towards this whole thing.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Already moving on renpy ugh. Welp, good luck dev, I hope the change will be good for you.
RPGM has a limit of around 2000 images. There would only be room for about 1 more update of this size on RPGM.

However... It could be done. Things would need to be broken down like that Artifact game.

Much of the RPGM elements are not truly being utilized anyways. There is no combat for instance. I see no equipment change options either. Nor are there any quests really. The only things really lost is the character sprite, the joy of walking around getting lost on the way to the next cut-scene, and those lovely NPC messages that are completely irrelevant to forwarding the plot.

Ultimately it will be better on Renpy. It will allow saves at any point. So say there is a 4 minute long scene you want to see the last 1 minute of... save 3 minutes in. Also you can rewind a little too.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Dylan is downstairs eating breakfast clicking on his bedroom door upstairs says that the Dylan is sleeping. Later it still states that he is sleeping. Ellie also seems to be sleeping even though she's not.

Last edited:

BurpinPickle

Sep 12, 2017
Don't quit man. It's a slow build but if you make the choices you make early worthwhile later, probably one of the more interesting games I've played on this site so far. I like the story.

ForrestWalker1

Sep 24, 2016
Yeah this game is really good for a start point, with more polish and if he is switching to Renpy he can really sell this game to be around the top dogs such as a Big Brother or a DMD.

Aprilsun

Oct 15, 2017
A very good start, very good indeed. My Hope is that Sophie will drop that sad excuse of a husband and start a hot lesbian relationship with her sister Patricia. She gets the model contract plus most of the ladies from Liam office. Teach daughter the joy of being with mom/aunt. Damn all the women in this just looks so hot.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

sylvester45

May 25, 2017
It's really, really good...maybe a bit too roundabout for my taste but animations and everything else are way above what others are doing.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
The developer really now needs to start posting updates to make up for him already essentially "remaking his game", as to not spoil the momentum he has generated.

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Calling all Daz Library Detectives! I repeat, calling all Daz Library Detectives!. Can someone help me to find what model dev is using for Sophia?? *_*

a55555

May 31, 2017
This game is amazing and has a lot of content especially being a .01 build. I appreciate all the outfits he put in it and the scenes are very well done. Keep it up! It will be amazing if it's rpg or renpy.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
I'm curious as to how the UI is going to look for this game.

The benefit of RPG Maker is the added sense of "sandbox", that really adds to these modern life games. Renpy can work wonderfully and it can also end up being terrible due to how 99% of the games usually end up like this:

1. Click through the dialogue
2. Choose some arbitrary chocie
3. Sex scnee
4. Rinse and Repeat

RPG Maker tends ironically feel more immersive due to you controlling your characters movements and what have you. Really both interested and slightly worried to see how this game will end up in Ren Py.

Reactions: prozack and erikus

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Dylan looked great when the game started and then he went and got a haircut and now he looks like a douche. Guess I'll switch from going after him and just go after his and her sister instead. I find it funny that you have stats for Sam but no stats for his sister not really interested in Sam but would go after his sister if given the chance. For the most part I'm having her go the good wife path was having her going after Dylan but now that he looks like a douche I'll be switching to his sister 100% that is if you can ever get to be around her it seemed like it was more orientated around Dylan as you never get a chance to boost her daughters stats as all.

I'm pretty sure her husband is cheating on her.

Reactions: Fapping_Khajiit
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes