erikus

Jun 22, 2017
I'm curious as to how the UI is going to look for this game.

The benefit of RPG Maker is the added sense of "sandbox", that really adds to these modern life games. Renpy can work wonderfully and it can also end up being terrible due to how 99% of the games usually end up like this:

1. Click through the dialogue
2. Choose some arbitrary chocie
3. Sex scnee
4. Rinse and Repeat
and fell asleep after that:idontcare::)
what? you priebalisya to it with this engine
Animation or video,as he wanted if he'd make Renpy normal?
Anyway! waste of time and effort.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I got a little request: is there anybody out there who is experienced with ren'py script codes. I only need one little thing to get going which prevents me from working further. I'm a little bit stuck at the daytime and hours variables! Here is the example of what I wanna do. If someone knows something about ren'py scripts and could help a little bit I'd very appreciate that.
$ day = 0
$ daynames = ["Sun", "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", "Thu", "Fri", "Sat"]
$ hours_number = 1
$ hour = ["Morning", "Noon", "Afternoon", "Evening"]

$ hours = hour[(hours_number%4)]
$ todays = daynames[(day%7)]
$ day += 2
$ hours_number += 2

In screens.rpy it is listed under: text "{color=#cd10dd} Day: [day], [todays] ([hours])"
In this example it should show: Day 2, Mon (Evening). But it ALWAYS changes only the day numbers but name of the weekday (todays) and the day time (hours) remains always the same!
Maybe someone sees the little mistake?

Probably not exactly what you are looking for but should lead you in the right direction.

If not maybe PM or @ someone like like muttdoggy or OhWee since they do a lot of renpy modding and stuff and will be able to tell you what little error you have in a line of code real quick.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
We don't know if renpy version will be better or not. Only one thing is certain - huge delay. We'll see what happens.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
Just finished the demo.

It's well done however I'll say there's a considerably amount of non-needed delay. The CONSTANT fade in and fade out were annoying. Especially when I'm waiting for driving sequences. Looking at a black screen for 5 seconds listening to a car start is inane.

Storyline is interesting and I'm interested seeing how the MC will develop over the game.

Characters are good, interested in how the stats will go. The only scene where sex may have happened was ruined by the storyline which was fine but I would have appreciated at least 1 act of sin in the 2+ hours I played.

Last but not least, I really don't need to stop to put my shoes on. There isn't even CG for it, just another fade in/out which is the current bane in this project.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

The new design and the entire intro are ready on ren'py! It's going well on the new engine! So, I hope I will be finished the next 10-11 days and then gonna release the demo with the new engine look!

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017

The new design and the entire intro are ready on ren'py! It's going well on the new engine! So, I hope I will be finished the next 10-11 days and then gonna release the demo with the new engine look!
Liked the demo, a lot of work put into the renders, the dev seems to have been playing around with Daz for a while.
Didn't like the advertising tho, is like the dev says "my game is superior, I'm better than all other devs, I'm da best!!!"

Kind of full of himself while dumping too much information about himself...
Makes me wonder about the project's stability, doesn't seem like the kind of person who can handle critics, way too emotional, is a good story though.

A Ren'Py version will be a lot better than the RPG maker initial release but I REALLY hope he adds some erotic scenes in this build... That was more than an hour of plain blue balling.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Liked the demo, I thought the dev wasnt great at how he used rpgmaker compared to something like Claires quest but I wouldnt have minded if he stuck with it for the future. I dont know if its worth it introduce that many side characters and theres a bit too much dialogue that reminds me of jap vns where its just words for the sake of padding length.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Liked the demo, a lot of work put into the renders, the dev seems to have been playing around with Daz for a while.
Didn't like the advertising tho, is like the dev says "my game is superior, I'm better than all other devs, I'm da best!!!"

Kind of full of himself while dumping too much information about himself...
Makes me wonder about the project's stability, doesn't seem like the kind of person who can handle critics, way too emotional, is a good story though.

A Ren'Py version will be a lot better than the RPG maker initial release but I REALLY hope he adds some erotic scenes in this build... That was more than an hour of plain blue balling.
You're putting words in my mouth! I've never said that and it was also not my intention! I'm sorry if you got such an opinion of me but it isn't true! But that's the past! What's important now is: it's looking pretty good that I will release the new engine version of this demo on Sunday 11/05, or Monday 11/06. And after that immediately start working on the next update 0.02 which I'm planning to release at the end of November or at the beginning of December.

Last edited:
U

User_166761

You're putting words in my mouth! I've never said that and it was also not my intention! I'm sorry if you got such an opinion of me but it isn't true! But that's the past! What's important now is: it's looking pretty good that I will release the new engine version of this demo on Sunday 11/05, or Monday 11/06. And after that immediately start working on the next update 0.02 which I'm planning to release at the end of November or at the beginning of December.
Only thing that can prevent this game from being a success is the writing since it's the only aspect that could suffer as we move away from the introduction. You should take your time with the update.

Regarding the pacing, don't change it, it's perfect as it is. That includes the everyday conversation that some people here called boring. It's very important for the immersion, and the credibility of the game's universe.

And please, avoid cliches. Nothing kills the mood faster than cliches that we have seen multiple times, like a perverted boss blackmailing the MC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
And please, avoid cliches. Nothing kills the mood faster than cliches that we have seen multiple times, like a perverted boss blackmailing the MC.
Aboslutely agree. Hope we won't see this in game.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Boss is already getting handsy. I have nothing against it. Weinstein proves that boss molester isn't something uncommon:p Any element with such a build up like this game has is great for me

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It (it, not he) can be handsy as long as we (players) are allowed to completely avoid him and content related to him. Only thing which I hate about this kind of games is when developers are forcing players to interact with certain characters(and it's always , but always some old, gray ,ugly creep). Screw that. They say "player will have freedom to make choices" and than after 3rd or 4th update only thing you can do is to blindly follow developer's (or his patreon voting lobby's) fetishes and desires or to delete game from hdd and forget about it.
I said it earlier and I'll say now again - hope it won't be one of those games ,cause it would be such a shame ,since it's very promising.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
In that case I agree. All types of sexual interactions should be avoidable. In this case, at this point it seems like it is. Hope it will stay like that

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
It seems for me, too. Boss is avoidable and there was also option to give or not to give phone number to those studs(I guess don't give means no more interactions with them). Workers also. Everything seems to be fine for now.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes