Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
The information online are very vague, but Daz3D and Iray seems to work with NVLink and share their VRAM.

P.s. looks like user Burt was faster.
Aye he was lol...was under impression was just the cores and Iray not the VRAM. Good to know.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Aye he was lol...was under impression was just the cores and Iray not the VRAM. Good to know.
But L&P's planned setup with four 3090 is still pointless, because a single 3090 is so fucking huge that it take up 3 slots per card. For four cards he would need an additional computer or two additional render machine and a single computer for posing and postwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
But L&P's planned setup with four 3090 is still pointless, because a single 3090 is so fucking huge that it take up 3 slots per card. For four 4 cards he would need an additional computer or two additional render machine and a single computer for posing and postwork.
isn't it better to have 2 pc with 2 3090 each? in order to start 2 renders at the same time? rather than 1 pc with 4 3090?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
isn't it better to have 2 pc with 2 3090 each? in order to start 2 renders at the same time? rather than 1 pc with 4 3090?
If he can back up enough posed scenes yes I suppose so...but I doubt he could lol. He'd have to be setting up twice the amount of scenes he currently does now in order to make it worthwhile...you understand?

Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm not sure if he is even able to pose so fast before a single 3090 finish rendering (a single image).

For that many artist use batch rendering. You pose your scene etc and send it into a render queue. During night, when you sleep, your computer renders everything inside the batch queue.

(Don't take me for granted, my knowledge of rendering is based on other people's and what they told me and their experience.)

Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm not sure if he is even able to pose so fast before a single 3090 finish rendering (a single image).

That's way many artist use batch rendering. You pose your scene etc and send it into a render queue. During night when you sleep your computer rennders everything inside the batch queue.

(Don't take me for granted, my knowledge of rendering is based on other people's and what they told me and their experience.)
I beat you to it this time :p hehe.

You got it exactly right and hit the nail perfectly on the head CA! Would be utterly pointless exercise, not to mention money.

• Haha
Reactions: cold_arctus

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
If he can back up enough posed scenes yes I suppose so...but I doubt he could lol. He'd have to be setting up twice the amount of scenes he currently does now in order to make it worthwhile...you understand?
yes I understand: L&P takes more time to create a scene than to render it. then the purchase of 4 3090 is the usual hoax that tells us to make us happy?

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
But L&P's planned setup with four 3090 is still pointless, because a single 3090 is so fucking huge that it take up 3 slots per card. For four 4 cards he would need an additional computer or two additional render machine and a single computer for posing and postwork.
He's just preventing others from getting their rendering out there faster. Just kidding.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
WELL U KEPT PEOPLE AWAKE BY SAYING TONIGHT.. U KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT TIMEZONES ..RIGHT? xD
Cannot these people read!!!!!!!! As there has been many many posts concerning the release date and if they bothered to check they would also see that the P&T is only at 55%,come on some common sense here.
If Hornyman3169 wants to continue to flood the forum with the same question again and again instead of searching the forum.
This has been posted many times
release1.PNG
Come back in a couple of days and Hornyman3169 will still be asking the same question again and again

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes