GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Post update insight: the amount of content per development time is, and I'm truly fond of this title, pathetically low. I won't deny the quality of the renders is high, but over the course of time it stopped being exceptionally high, as many new games present same or even higher quality. This makes L&P's only excuse invalid.
I am a grown-up and I know this is the deal: take it or leave it, yada yada. Sure. And I could agree this is the way things have to be, if it was not for those few devs who actually provide not only high quality, but also a reasonable quantity per development time.
Am I going to continue with this title? Absolutely. Am I gonna treat L&P seriously and pledge as much as I used to? Hell no.
Get yourself a team and become professional, for Sophia's sake!
L&P has made it clear that he will not build a team.

While I agree that this update was unsatisfactory, I don't agree about the renders. Say what you will about the prison scene with Larry, but I think we should all agree that the daydream renders were gorgeous.

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
Cheat code Wife and mother
Press and hold Shift + O until console menu pop out from the screen

Type this and enter
$good_wife = 99 (to set good wife point to 99)
$filthy = 99 (to set filthy point to 99)
$lesbian = 99 (to set lesbian point to 99)
$ellie_bitch =99 (To make ellie a slut)

Relationship cheat
$allysa_price = 99 (to set allysa zac mom relationship to 99)
$carl = 99 (to set carl relationship to 99)
$claire = 99 (to set claire relationship to 99)
$dylan = 99 (to set son relationship to 99)
$ellie = 99 (to set daughter relationship to 99)
$emma = 99 (to set emma relationship to 99)
$luke = 99 (to set luke ellie future lover relationship to 99)
$luke_bennett = 99 (to set luke history teacher relationship to 99)
$nathalie = 99 (to set maid relationship to 99)
$patricia = 99 (to set sister relationship to 99)
$sam = 99 (to set sam relationship to 99)
$vicky = 99 (to set vicky relationship to 99)
$larry =99 (To add don morello brother relation)
$tyler=99 (To add Tyler relation)
$zac_price=99 (To add zac price alyssa son relation)

*note case sensitive, better play in different save slot to be safe, you can enter any number you want max is 999

To make Developer option work you'll need to add this file into your awam folder
https://f95zone.to/threads/enabling-developer-command-consoles-in-renpy.113/#post-110921

abram1

May 24, 2020
Didn't really wanna post this, but here's what developers think about "Milking", sloppiness and other nonsense.
That's just facts, you can't ignore it or sweep it under the rug. I'm showing part of our private converstaion without the Dev's permission, so forgive me, if I had to conceal his identity.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kitkat33sh

May 19, 2020
Loved the conversation with the prisoner, it was interesting. Do you know guys when the next update? Excited already:(

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
i agree 100% which is way i laughed my ass off when this update finally came out, everyone was so excited and hyped up
thinking LP was going to give them something really great but as usual in LP style he didnt give a damn thing.
its funny as hell to sit back and read everyone's disappointments and heart breaks, just too too funny
I would say the update is small but that because typical update size was split in half to get content out faster. Also, some content can be easily missed due to the choices you make, I didn't see stuff in shower with Ellie or the prison content.

An excitement before release and complaints after always happen with AWAM but same people posting excitement aren't always the same people complaining after.

The update is not bad or awful and is still very good, in no way am I saying it was a bad update, just felt better choices could have been made and in no way do I think L&P didn't give a damn thing.

There was clear further corruption of Sophia and strong signs that she is very close to being completely corrupted. Also, was a teaser for her being a soccer coach with Dylan and his soccer team.

Things were achieved with the update but more side stories were added as well.

Reactions: Jansen

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020
We love this game, but this update was not worth the wait for three months, some scenes and characters are added

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Didn't really wanna post this, but here's what developers think about "Milking", sloppiness and other nonsense.
That's just facts, you can't ignore it or sweep it under the rug. I'm showing part of our private converstaion without the Dev's permission, so forgive me, if I had to conceal his identity.
For every good point in that conversation, there's another point where they come off defensive and childish. The points about DAZ are probably very valid (I'll take their word for it) and something that I'd like to hear more about. But when you start calling critics "neanderthals" and generalizing them as "haters", you lose me.

But to keep this post related to L&P and AWAM- can we compare the various versions of DAZ to AWAM's releases? If we can, and if we see a correlation between longer development cycles and new versions of DAZ, then that would be really important info to have.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
The dev is right, complaining about AWAM is a sport or a hobby to some it seems.

I have complained recently about the last update but least my complaints are more of a constructive criticism designed to try and actually help L&P, although not 100% certain L&P ever actually see the post lol

Zuhl

Aug 25, 2020
Zuhl said:

there is nothing to defend. it is possible that Dyllan and Elli could have an intimate act, it cannot be ruled out at the moment. The separation of one character from another has never been and never will be decisive whether the two can have sex. how and if what happens now ah wait with whoever said everything.

I could just as easily and with more evidence assert that Ellie is the true instigator of the Twist, subtly manipulating Dylan into thinking Sophia is having a mid-life crisis and needs to dress more sexily in order to feel more confident, knowing he'd do something stupid and get sent to boarding school, just so she could get rid of him and sunbathe naked in the backyard.

Well as I said there is no defense And you can't prove anything that it's there. if you don't like the idea well, but you don't need to ignore why it will supposedly never be the case. The game can be played decently or indecently and both of these options clearly affect the rest of the game. With sex options are open and wan and how will unfold in the game.

D

Deleted member 2479505

Does this update have any new content??changelog is empty for this update.....

abram1

May 24, 2020
For every good point in that conversation, there's another point where they come off defensive and childish. The points about DAZ are probably very valid (I'll take their word for it) and something that I'd like to hear more about. But when you start calling critics "neanderthals" and generalizing them as "haters", you lose me.

But to keep this post related to L&P and AWAM- can we compare the various versions of DAZ to AWAM's releases? If we can, and if we see a correlation between longer development cycles and new versions of DAZ, then that would be really important info to have.
Nothing's wrong with that. We are human beings with emotions, reflexes. When someone is shitting on your work without even realizng how complex is it, that there are many factors involved, people are getting fed up with this sort of accusations.

Constructive criticism is appreciated and highly valued, but I rarely see it here. And, please, don't even start with "childish" bullshit, you are way smarter than that, I can see it with how well thought you elaborate your comments.

What's the first reaction of a little baby, when he can't get something he wants? He starts crying and yelling like crazy until mom or dad gives what he couldn't ask, because he can't speak yet or if a kid is older, that's a good option to manipulate your parents. Alas, that's what I notice here most of the time. Absurdity is off the charts.

The more time L&P spends on his work, the more sophisticated it gets. I'm not his patron and he pays me shit, so that's my own unbiased view on this product we call the game. He sees no reason in accepting help, that's his choice, but Old_Dog has pointed out some minor errors in rendering, and that could've been easily avoided with the side assistance as the guys would check the images impartially.

I wonder how significantly the general perception would shift, if he could adhere to 2-2.5 monts updates. Suddenly he becomes "the best Dev ever", folks start naming kids after him, celebrating each update as a second coming. Way too many "If's".

Inconsistency. That's the biggest and only issue with AWAM. Everything else is merely ripples on the surface.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Nothing's wrong with that. We are human beings with emotions, reflexes. When someone is shitting on your work without even realizng how complex is it, that there are many factors involved, people are getting fed up with this sort of accusations.

Constructive criticism is appreciated and highly valued, but I rarely see it here. And, please, don't even start with "childish" bullshit, you are way smarter than that, I can see it with how well thought you elaborate your comments.

What's the first reaction of a little baby, when he can't get something he wants? He starts crying and yelling like crazy until mom or dad gives what he couldn't ask, because he can't speak yet or if a kid is older, that's a good option to manipulate your parents. Alas, that's what I notice here most of the time. Absurdity is off the charts.

The more time L&P spends on his work, the more sophisticated it gets. I'm not his patron and he pays me shit, so that's my own unbiased view on this product we call the game. He sees no reason in accepting help, that's his choice, but Old_Dog has pointed out some minor errors in rendering, and that could've been easily avoided with the side assistance as the guys would check the images impartially.

I wonder how significantly the general perception would shift, if he could adhere to 2-2.5 monts updates. Suddenly he becomes "the best Dev ever", folks start naming kids after him, celebrating each update as a second coming. Way too many "If's".

Inconsistency. That's the biggest and only issue with AWAM. Everything else is merely ripples on the surface.
Sorry but I don't agree. Calling someone names because you're upset is lame. Whether it's trolls on here calling L&P a milker, or your dev friend calling critics Neanderthals, I think both are really immature ways to express yourself. That doesn't mean your dev friend is a bad person, but it doesn't help their argument in my opinion.

That said, we're dangerously close to getting off topic and getting our posts deleted by the mods. So I would bring it back to AWAM more directly.

If L&P released this update without a single change within a 60 - 75 day window from the previous release, my opinion of it would be 180 degrees different. Waiting 100+ days for this release was too long in my opinion to justify its content. The content isn't awful by AWAM standards, it's just that there's too little of it and we waiting too long.

That said, I think the sauna scene was really poorly constructed and needed improvements. But if L&P can't do much to increase the speed of his development, I'm not sure what the alternative was to a longer delay. Eventually you reach a point of diminishing returns, and I've said before that I'm afraid that L&P is at, or beyond, that point. That isn't meant as a criticism of him per say, just that whatever his technique is for producing this game is not conducive to both quality renders and timely releases. I believe fully that L&P is doing his best, and pursuing perfection, but I think that pursuit is causing him blind spots and hurting the product in other ways. That's why I bring up the idea of diminishing returns, he's putting in more work than ever but it isn't necessarily resulting in proportional improvement in the product.

But, if his Patrons are happy, then that's really all that matters. If his Patreon continues to grow then clearly my opinion is not shared by the people that matter most. I dropped my support, but if he gains two more supporters than the jury has spoken and he should keep doing what he's doing.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Friends, Happy New Year 2021 everyone! It's here for a good mood!

Hello and congratulations to everyone from snowy Siberia! All good and good mood!

Reactions: drcomet and wynlard

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
In order to bipass that mechanic
To be fair, having to fuck people in order to progress with other people isn't only an AWAM problem: It's a common design in this industry for... I have no idea why.
Being able to bypass that at all in this game, using that method, actually makes it quite a bit better than those others, if I'm thinking correctly.
Both are still worse than the option to avoid it, though.

I like monogamy and romance... and mothers. (And males who are same height as their mothers at 14 and 10% taller at 18)
It's annoying having to mess around with the sisters or aunt or mother's close friend in order to progress with the mom.

I'm willing to skip through story if it has to do with character's I'm not interest in sexually.
So if there is good story elements, and platonic relationships aren't possible, I will miss it and not care; so the value is lost on me.
This is inefficient for writers/artists/devs/readers due to the reduction of the value of the material for readers.

Last edited:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
A lot that can be said has already been said. Most points are beating a dead horse in this thread. I'll try to bring up some new points, or at least less heavily trodden factors or possibilities;

People tend to forget that it's just one guy doing everything to make this game. I work in a two man team.

Solo Project = Isolation, and nobody to talk with for a large bulk of the project. Solo creators will only get feedback after the fact. They will only see praise or criticism after something has been set in stone. In a pair I can shoot over, "How does X sound for a scene?" My partner may go "X are you retarded bro? Have forgotten Y?" Then I'll be like "Oh Y... that's right. We gotta go with Z then for sure." or I could say. "No, you haven't thought about it enough. X works because [insert reason here] remember back at [foreshadowing] we have built up to X. Then he would be like "Oh yea... Go with it you can make it work." Solo creators do not have that in the process. It's all alone until the cat is already out of the bag.

Same Project Long Time = We players are at most a few years and a few months into this ride. Many have not been here since day 1 of release. That's only counting since release day 1, and not creation day 1 which goes deeper down that rabbit hole to put L&P at about 3.5 years or more, possibly even 4 years. It's work to make a game like this one. It's not all rainbows and butterflies. There definitely is some joy in game creation, but there is definitely some other mundane boring tasks required. For instance during the rendering process one may think "This lighting sucks... come on fucking damn it this isn't matching the previous render perfectly people are going to bitch. Let me adjust it and do some photoshop... Fuck it's still a little off. Nobody is gonna notice that. Moving on." Then writing sometimes you will get writers block, or have to proofread something or write it over because it sounds lame.

Creators are often their own biggest critic = A developer puts in many months on making a few minutes of enjoyment for others. Along the way their will inevitably be doubts and concerns and questions. Very rarely will someone else come along and point out new information to a creator that has put in a lot of effort. It's like going up to a fat person and whispering, "Hey, did you know that you are fat?". They will be like "Really!?" even if they are hitting that gym, and trying to eat right sometimes people are not having the results that they want. L&P has thought about this game more than anyone in the thread even people like me who have played it dozens of times.

Change can cause pain = Sophia has been slowly evolving over time. Look at not so far back in game, and Sophia was looking around all nervous just to show half of her nipples to one person that she actually likes. Now she expose her tits without much fuss to multiple strangers. The security guard, the inmate, and sauna people. Like it or not her egg is starting to hatch. Old shy Sophia is gone and she is gonna be flashing them titties around from now on like a boss.

It can be rough to go out and face an angry crowd = Pretty much that. L&P is probably reading all of these comments or a large chunk of them. It can be a mad house if you walk into the crowd alone especially if people are being hostile as a lot of these comments and reviews have been. It can be tough to keep your temper after you put in a ton of work on something and you get raw negative energy from a lot of people you don't even know. I'm a forum whore, and I'm pretty level headed and it would be a real task to keep my cool if I had to "defend my work" as he would if he came out during times when the haters are out.

Haters always coming back, and often flip flop = There is times when the crowd is leaning one way or the other. Sometimes people come in one update and cheering, then bitching the next, then cheering again the next. A lot of it is fickle. People will bitch and moan and say "I'm fucking done with this game for real this time!" An update or 2 later they will be like "Is the android port out yet?"

Personal life is a mystery = We don't know what's going on there. Is he sick? Is someone close to him sick? Did his dog that he had for 9 years die? Did a friend die? Did his GPU melt? ect He could be going through some shit right now. He hasn't said anything publicly though (to my knowledge), but it's like people gonna keep cracking those whips like slave drivers to get that next update out faster. Maybe he is just really burnt out after working on AWAM for so long and could use a couple of weeks off to just relax. A solo project such as this one will inveitably cause the requirement of some sacrifices to personal life. The boys want to go out for a beer Friday night? "Nah sorry I gotta get these renders just right." eventually they stop asking.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
A lot that can be said has already been said. Most points are beating a dead horse in this thread. I'll try to bring up some new points, or at least less heavily trodden factors or possibilities;

People tend to forget that it's just one guy doing everything to make this game. I work in a two man team.

Solo Project = Isolation, and nobody to talk with for a large bulk of the project. Solo creators will only get feedback after the fact. They will only see praise or criticism after something has been set in stone. In a pair I can shoot over, "How does X sound for a scene?" My partner may go "X are you retarded bro? Have forgotten Y?" Then I'll be like "Oh Y... that's right. We gotta go with Z then for sure." or I could say. "No, you haven't thought about it enough. X works because [insert reason here] remember back at [foreshadowing] we have built up to X. Then he would be like "Oh yea... Go with it you can make it work." Solo creators do not have that in the process. It's all alone until the cat is already out of the bag.

Same Project Long Time = We players are at most a few years and a few months into this ride. Many have not been here since day 1 of release. That's only counting since release day 1, and not creation day 1 which goes deeper down that rabbit hole to put L&P at about 3.5 years or more, possibly even 4 years. It's work to make a game like this one. It's not all rainbows and butterflies. There definitely is some joy in game creation, but there is definitely some other mundane boring tasks required. For instance during the rendering process one may think "This lighting sucks... come on fucking damn it this isn't matching the previous render perfectly people are going to bitch. Let me adjust it and do some photoshop... Fuck it's still a little off. Nobody is gonna notice that. Moving on." Then writing sometimes you will get writers block, or have to proofread something or write it over because it sounds lame.

Creators are often their own biggest critic = A developer puts in many months on making a few minutes of enjoyment for others. Along the way their will inevitably be doubts and concerns and questions. Very rarely will someone else come along and point out new information to a creator that has put in a lot of effort. It's like going up to a fat person and whispering, "Hey, did you know that you are fat?". They will be like "Really!?" even if they are hitting that gym, and trying to eat right sometimes people are not having the results that they want. L&P has thought about this game more than anyone in the thread even people like me who have played it dozens of times.

Change can cause pain = Sophia has been slowly evolving over time. Look at not so far back in game, and Sophia was looking around all nervous just to show half of her nipples to one person that she actually likes. Now she expose her tits without much fuss to multiple strangers. The security guard, the inmate, and sauna people. Like it or not her egg is starting to hatch. Old shy Sophia is gone and she is gonna be flashing them titties around from now on like a boss.

It can be rough to go out and face an angry crowd = Pretty much that. L&P is probably reading all of these comments or a large chunk of them. It can be a mad house if you walk into the crowd alone especially if people are being hostile as a lot of these comments and reviews have been. It can be tough to keep your temper after you put in a ton of work on something and you get raw negative energy from a lot of people you don't even know. I'm a forum whore, and I'm pretty level headed and it would be a real task to keep my cool if I had to "defend my work" as he would if he came out during times when the haters are out.

Haters always coming back, and often flip flop = There is times when the crowd is leaning one way or the other. Sometimes people come in one update and cheering, then bitching the next, then cheering again the next. A lot of it is fickle. People will bitch and moan and say "I'm fucking done with this game for real this time!" An update or 2 later they will be like "Is the android port out yet?"

Personal life is a mysterious = We don't know what's going on there. Is he sick? Is someone close to him sick? Did his dog that he had for 9 years die? Did a friend die? Did his GPU melt? ect He could be going through some shit right now. He hasn't said anything publicly though (to my knowledge), but it's like people gonna keep cracking those whips like slave drivers to get that next update out faster. Maybe he is just really burnt out after working on AWAM for so long and could use a couple of weeks off to just relax. A solo project such as this one will inveitably cause the requirement of some sacrifices to personal life. The boys want to go out for a beer Friday night? "Nah sorry I gotta get these renders just right." eventually they stop asking.
All of this is very fair and it's important to keep it in mind that this is just a game, that L&P is just a person, and that he has spent a lot of time on this. Anyone who has ever had another person proofread their work knows how deep even mild criticism can cut. So it's important to always behave with respect towards someone who's work you are otherwise enjoying. This is something that I could be better at, because carelessness with words can feel like a personal attack. While I doubt L&P is reading this thread, if he is I wouldn't want him to feel personally attacked.

I wish L&P could bring in someone to help him. When you're working on something alone you can sometimes lose perspective on things. When it's your creation, your brain may be filling in gaps in the story or artwork. An outside person would be able to see the gaps and could point them out to L&P.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

Personal life is a mysterious = We don't know what's going on there. Is he sick? Is someone close to him sick? Did his dog that he had for 9 years die? Did a friend die? Did his GPU melt? ect He could be going through some shit right now. He hasn't said anything publicly though (to my knowledge), but it's like people gonna keep cracking those whips like slave drivers to get that next update out faster. Maybe he is just really burnt out after working on AWAM for so long and could use a couple of weeks off to just relax. A solo project such as this one will inveitably cause the requirement of some sacrifices to personal life. The boys want to go out for a beer Friday night? "Nah sorry I gotta get these renders just right." eventually they stop asking.
Everything said is true. But who are you telling this to?
Normal people, regardless of age, place of residence, they understand this ...
And those who come here to cry, throw dirt on the game developer, they do not understand and do not want to hear you and any sane arguments.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes