nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
For such a large and time-consuming project, whether you want it or not, you have to adopt and use the solutions found and used in other industries. It's like building a car, making one by hand, to the liking of some customers that involves customizing almost everything OR industrial production with optimization and standardization.
L&P is in the situation of industrial production, and has to adapt his work to this. He better start using prefabrication, sorry, presets, custom presets/his own presets but he has to do it.
I'm a big fun of NOX, but he/she sells the final product, no deadline. His product is adapted to the customisation of each scene.

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
For such a large and time-consuming project, whether you want it or not, you have to adopt and use the solutions found and used in other industries. It's like building a car, making one by hand, to the liking of some customers that involves customizing almost everything OR industrial production with optimization and standardization.
L&P is in the situation of industrial production, and has to adapt his work to this. He better start using prefabrication, sorry, presets, custom presets/his own presets but he has to do it.
In terms of efficiency, you're right! But from the point of view of the relationship between users who receive a product for free and a developer, users have no right to demand! It is a fact! You can express your opinion, but no more. Everything else is not true and not constructive.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
In terms of efficiency, you're right! But from the point of view of the relationship between users who receive a product for free and a developer, users have no right to demand! It is a fact! You can express your opinion, but no more. Everything else is not true and not constructive.
It's just my opinion, no demands.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
I for one, started playing this game last year. I could've rated this game right away, but i gave it 1 year to see what's the scene, guess we can tell how it turned out. You know, in product management people prioritize the product, what's the point of having an overly designed car exterior when from inside, technically it's average?

Besides, it doesn't make sense to not criticise his con arts. When you buy something out of sympathy and assert your choice upon personal preferences, you'll have problems seeing flaws in your choice. It's called confirmation bias, where people auto validate their choices based on belief that someone is well intended. To be honest, that's why i abstained myself from most updates and kept my criticism at the bay, on that note, this update was unexcusable.

I think you may agree with me that if he's taking for example, 250 days, it automatically implies this will be a 250 days worth of content update.
The simple fact he has no problem dragging this for half a decade just shows who he really is.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I for one, started playing this game last year. I could've rated this game right away, but i gave it 1 year to see what's the scene, guess we can tell how it turned out. You know, in product management people prioritize the product, what's the point of having an overly designed car exterior when from inside, technically it's average?

Besides, it doesn't make sense to not criticise his con arts. When you buy something out of sympathy and assert your choice upon personal preferences, you'll have problems seeing flaws in your choice. It's called confirmation bias, where people auto validate their choices based on belief that someone is well intended. To be honest, that's why i abstained myself from most updates and kept my criticism at the bay, on that note, this update was unexcusable.

I think you may agree with me that if he's taking for example, 250 days, it automatically implies this will be a 250 days worth of content update.
The simple fact he has no problem dragging this for half a decade just shows who he really is.
I understand you, but I can only slightly agree with you and only because I also understand that if L&P had rich managerial experience or a good project management manager, then the result would satisfy most of us.

But he took all the work on himself, and we have what we have and cannot change it with any criticism

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
yes and soon this too will be deleted, the criterion by which mods clean up discussions is somewhat strange, I have deleted a post where I wished happy new year
I have post deleted too.No idea what are they thinking.I was only commenting that day 11 takes 9 months

Reactions: Sombrasombra111

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
We have to be guarded in what we say. I've noticed that several people have had their comments removed, as I have myself, under Rule 1. Admittedly, I used the F-word but in describing my own complicated life & not directing it at someone else. Anyway, life's too short, so in order to stay on topic & focus on AWAM I wish to say that I'm thoroughly p..... off, sorry peeved at the standard of criticism displayed by some commenters after the latest update. Also I wish to put on record my disgust, bordering on contempt, at the number of facepalms distributed by several, (usually new), members. I won't name anyone but I do wish to say something. I'm not the only one receiving this negativity & it's the same posters targeting anything & everything it seems.
If you live long enough to grow up you'll find that not everybody in the world agrees with your views. You can choose to ignore them, which is often the best option, as you won't change their minds. If you choose to indicate your disapproval, or a contrary view, you'll find that you may need to explain why you feel differently. If you don't there is no facepalm symbol to hand them. Try to palm their face & you'll get yours belted.
I respect people with different opinions to me when they express them properly & I'll debate with anybody about AWAM. This is just a game but it's like the game of football (soccer) & it generates a certain amount of passion. So, in summary, give me a counter view &/or a reason you disagree & you'll get respect, otherwise no. Rant over.

meanguy

Dec 2, 2019
He's been criticized for much less. I am not a mafia expert either, i just happen to like the settings behind the mafia world and i've been reading books, podcasts movies, games, you name it, for years about the subject. There was no way i wasn't going to nitpick, the urge is to strong. But then again, if you see a real mobster in america saying cumare, feel free to show send me the link!
Well, if you see a real mobster stating "cumare" is nonsense, please share the link as well. For now, I'll just enjoy things as they are.
I liked the update, yes it was short and as usual a lot of teasing. I do not consider AWAM a sort of text book on how Mafia works, not more than I consider Jack Reacher as a paradigm of what an Army officer really does or the Bourne saga a truthful representation of secret services. It's fiction, to me a good approximation to likelihood is quite enough.

Only thing I was a bit disappointed with was the shower scene, I confess I was expecting a bit more. Other than that, I am quite happy. Of course I respect that other people might not be at all.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes