GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
His response to me on his video.
I tried it with the other card and it works. So, I guess after the vbios update it showed that one of the cards has indeed some defect. Anyway, I will replace the both of them with either ASUS or GIGABYTE.
How frustrating. Somewhere deep in the card there's a defect that maybe wouldn't have ever appeared except for the work he's doing.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I understand you, thanks.

Personally, I'm sorry he doesn't have a team. Probably with assistants, things would move faster.
I thought he did. Someone to help with P&T, and an editor to help with American slang. So at least two other people.

That's why there are subtle changes to the script. For example, in v.0100, Sophia can choose to "Give him the fluff" when deciding whether or not Sophia has sex with Liam, but in certain routes now it's "Give HIM the shaft"

Reactions: Bane71

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
guys i know its annoyyyying , but can u plz tell me whats in the game for mom son....
When L&P released an early outline, with a development speed that was two to three times faster than his current rate, Dylan sex would occur around the year 2025. So expect to be disappointed for awhile.

Personally, my estimate is 2030 and the game will be 150gb.

I also find it hilarious that he started with ambitions for a 1080 ti.... but is moving much slower with multiple 3090's.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
jojo ramirez is his name in youtube :ROFLMAO: holy shit he bought 4 3090 cards:oops::oops::oops:
So, he has latino roots (Spanish/Central-South America), I suppose born in DE or was a child, but his family has migrated. This explains the presence of some religious suggestions, a prude Sophia as a copy of a close relative. And why not, an artistic sensibility.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Different Crazy Shit to mine, but same messages in the Log File. I'm making Scenes under 4GB and also being told the same and running on my CPU's instead. If I switch off CPU in Render Settings I just get Black Screens. Looking at that Video I would say DAZ have ballsed up IRAY and I feel its on purpose to make us all go to use another Render System where we have to pay them yet more money :cautious:

Even low-end vcards give errors

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm no expert, but I think time is the price we pay for quality rendering
I've said it before, but while L&P is striving for the best product possible, he's running up against the law of diminishing return. If you look at the picture I attached, I feel strongly that L&P is somewhere between the point of diminishing returns and the point of negative returns. Even before all the issues with the graphics cards, the updates were taking longer and longer but the improvement in art was ever more subtle.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
I've said it before, but while L&P is striving for the best product possible, he's running up against the law of diminishing return. If you look at the picture I attached, I feel strongly that L&P is somewhere between the point of diminishing returns and the point of negative returns. Even before all the issues with the graphics cards, the updates were taking longer and longer but the improvement in art was ever more subtle.
:unsure:well, first of all, your graph mentions nothing about rendering. SECOND, you tagged me into this like I asked the question, when I was just trying to quell the other guy who might over look your post since he's not tagged to see it:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: Trash_Panda

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
:unsure:well, first of all, your graph mentions nothing about rendering. SECOND, you tagged me into this like I asked the question, when I was just trying to quell the other guy who might over look your post since he's not tagged to see it:confused:
Your comment about the relationship between quality and time reminded me of the law of diminishing returns, that's all.

As for "rendering", that would be represented on the vertical axis since it can be considered an "input". So you can imagine as the vertical axis goes higher, the quality of the renders increases. Time is represented on the horizontal axis, so the further to the right you go the longer the time.

I bring this up as part of a general discussion about L&P's development cycle. Many of us, myself included, enjoy the high quality of the game's renderings, and are ok with a trade-off of longer development cycles. But at some point things fall out of balance. Using the chart as an example of diminishing returns, L&P is putting in more and more time to improve the renders, but he's at a point now where he isn't getting the return on investment that he once was. That's my ultimate fear for this game, that L&P is the kind of person who will work twice as hard and twice as long, even if it means getting half the result.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Your comment about the relationship between quality and time reminded me of the law of diminishing returns, that's all.

As for "rendering", that would be represented on the vertical axis since it can be considered an "input". So you can imagine as the vertical axis goes higher, the quality of the renders increases. Time is represented on the horizontal axis, so the further to the right you go the longer the time.

I bring this up as part of a general discussion about L&P's development cycle. Many of us, myself included, enjoy the high quality of the game's renderings, and are ok with a trade-off of longer development cycles. But at some point things fall out of balance. Using the chart as an example of diminishing returns, L&P is putting in more and more time to improve the renders, but he's at a point now where he isn't getting the return on investment that he once was. That's my ultimate fear for this game, that L&P is the kind of person who will work twice as hard and twice as long, even if it means getting half the result.
Simply put in other words, can we say that you are in solidarity with me? Would it be better for him to speed up the work at the same quality than this slowdown that happened due to his efforts to create higher quality renders?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Simply put in other words, can we say that you are in solidarity with me? Would it be better for him to speed up the work at the same quality than this slowdown that happened due to his efforts to create higher quality renders?
I'm not sure how to answer that. I would say that L&P needs to reevaluate his process and determine if the extra effort is worth the increase in rendering time. Take for example rendering in 1080p. While we all agree that it looks better, does it look better enough to justify any increase in development time?

It's not about "speeding up" per say, it's more about being more judicious with his resources to cut down on superfluous development time.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
i played this 2 yrs ago and it was the same at that time....
You are not right.After all for last 2 years we get 3 and 1/3 days of the game.I know this is nothing compared to other games or even the first year of this game,but still we are making some progress.Just it is painfully slow.
BTW if you play the game in 2 more years(2023) at that time we probably will get day 16-Ellie's day.

Reactions: Bane71

MammaMea

Donor
Apr 14, 2018
You are not right.After all for last 2 years we get 3 and 1/3 days of the game.I know this is nothing compared to other games or even the first year of this game,but still we are making some progress.Just it is painfully slow.
BTW if you play the game in 2 more years(2023) at that time we probably will get day 16-Ellie's day.
Bro It was more like metaphorical .... I thought everyone would get it... Didn't knew this would happen

Reactions: Captain Bipto
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes