ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Patrons are a unique bunch. They can be fickle as hell, but every once in a while they can coalesce into a unbreakable community. GumDrop Games LITERALLY did not release a new update for his game for something like three years, and his patron numbers held steady. L&P absolutely has a dedicated core that won't push back on him unless things become extreme. What happens if this update slips to June? I know he said "mid-May at the latest" today, but I think we are right to be suspicious of anything he says. So what happens if it slips to June? Does this end up being the only update this year? If L&P learns that he can put out one update a year and keep his core Patrons together, why wouldn't that become the norm? From my chair, three updates in a year suddenly feels very naive.

If we're talking about a single update for 2021, the fear I have is that L&P is simply losing interest. There's a lot of reasons why he may be losing interest, but putting out even TWO updates in a year raises questions about someone's motivation. If we get down to just a single update in a year, I don't know how we don't start hitting the panic button that the game's development is grinding to a halt.

But, even if that does happen, it'll take years without a new release for this game to officially catch the Abandoned tag.
I think you're right about the Patrons of Patreon. It could be difficult for even well-meaning critics to speak out & even more so to try & form a concerted bloc to push back, against what has become the new normal for AWAM. There's also the inability to cut financial losses & invest elsewhere, because hope triumphs over the reality & it also involves a degree of admitting a misjudgement.

There must be many dismayed by the way things are but they'll keep on subscribing. It probably is past time for an editor & it occurred to me after I'd posted about this that it could even cause further delays, with the potential for editorial disputes. I'm at a loss for suggestions on what could be done & can only think of that useful American phrase, "It is what it is."

Reactions: Jack Adams

Catherine1972

Oct 4, 2020
I don't think we should mix everything up. I already speak for myself, and for I think (or hope) a majority of us.

I don't think I criticized L&P for the quality of their work. Everyone agrees with the quality of its renderings, of its history. It has been said and said over and over.
The impatience that we show is linked precisely to all the work he does! And yes, sometimes this impatience turns into frustration, incomprehension and the debates get carried away.
We respect what L&P offers us. And that also implies accepting the deadlines between two updates, the choices he makes for his scenario.
Yes I get annoyed sometimes (or often) because the update is delayed. But it is my impatience and my desire to know the rest that speak.
I do not want to get into sterile debates. The speculation is fun, and maybe even if L&P hears it, he can smile at what we imagine and our infatuation with AWAM. But the process of creation is up to him. I have no choice but to accept it. This is what I do, I wait and then we will all meet up to discuss our ideas again. :)

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
And ... ? Aiden hasn't even got Sophia to go pantiless. Even Bennett has got further, and we've gone on ad naseum how insignificant he is. As I've said before, compared to the Ellie route, that's several steps backwards. Unless Aiden can all of a sudden convince Sophia to go naked, I really see no point at all in Aiden's tasks.

Let me put it this way. If we refuse Aiden's tasks, Ellie gets naked more often. As soon as Dylan is at boarding school, which is where we are at the moment. So that is where Aiden's tasks need to be at in order for me to care about his tasks in the slightest. Of which there is no chance of happening. So why should I care about Aiden's tasks, when refusing them I get more naked Ellie?
One aspect of their use was in the Alyssa event, when Sophia decided to wear the floaty blue sundress gifted by her friend, with the thought that it wasn't much more revealing than the yellow one she'd worn to class, as a result of task 2. At this point, in matching shoes & walking in the San Alejo sunshine, she looked, IMO, sexier than she'd ever been. I know you're on the Ellie route but I chose not to go to yoga or have the poolside eroticism. Tough choices keep on having to be made but at least we've got the pictures via Unren. Alyssa's reference to Sophia teaching braless & her reaction, when they were in the cafe, was another good moment resulting from the tasks.

If more naked Ellie is a target & I can well see why it could be, refusing the tasks is probably the best choice. If they're accepted Dylan doesn't go to boarding school. As for getting Sophia naked I've always thought that Bennett should have been the better bet for blackmail. These various routes are moving at divergent paces but as I'm sticking to one main route it doesn't seem so bad. (That's said outside of the current timing controversy).

Reactions: Jack Adams

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
just edit the script and make both events happen anyway ....
I wouldn't trust myself to do that as I'm only semi-IT literate, from a time when computers filled a whole room & spit out a rainforest's worth of paper to give 2 or 3 lines of relevant information!

Reactions: Bane71

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I wouldn't trust myself to do that as I'm only semi-IT literate, from a time when computers filled a whole room & spit out a rainforest's worth of paper to give 2 or 3 lines of relevant information!
L&P has spoken and nothing will change and we will go through a "Ground Hog Day"scenario and it will only end when our star turns supernova and destroys the earth.

• Angry
Reactions: you suck my dick

roro

May 29, 2017
Is it just me, or is there still no actual information from L&P about the update for us to get excited about? I mean there was a lot about how hard he works, but I don't think that was ever in question. How efficiently he works perhaps is, but not how hard.
You are wrong about that, many here question his work ethics and believe he isn't working enough. You on the other hand know exactly what it takes to produce high quality renders because you play with daz3d...

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Update 0.130

(Noon)

1) Nursing home (1st side job) OR home schooling (2nd side job)

2) Aiden's 3rd task (parallelly another surprise event)

3) Emma/Dylan OR Sophia/Dylan

+ unexpected Bonus Bridal event
I guess it is to introduce bachelor/ette party down the line.
I think the "unexpected Bonus Bridal event" is the surprise event mentioned above. Sophia receives the call from Aiden during/after the dress event, hence the "parallelly". And I guess, at this point, that nothing much will happen in terms of points GW/FW/Lesbian during that event, it will be short and it will lay the groundwork for future events (bachelorette party?).

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I think the "unexpected Bonus Bridal event" is the surprise event mentioned above. Sophia receives the call from Aiden during/after the dress event, hence the "parallelly". And I guess, at this point, that nothing much will happen in terms of points GW/FW/Lesbian during that event, it will be short and it will lay the groundwork for future events (bachelorette party?).
According to L&P, Aiden and Dylan / Sofia's events account for 240 renders. I think this is a much larger event than you imagine.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

I just wanted to let you know why these 1/3 day updates take the time they take.

1) First of all only the first 4 events of the current 0.130 update have already 460 renders. With the Aiden and Sophia/Dylan event we will probably got around 650 renders. Which would be more than 95% of my updates yet!
We're at 65%. When he's done with Aiden I think we'll be at 80-85%.

Dec 30, 2020
what kind of raztseravanie I thought the first to wake up Dylan or the khatabs of this .. and then some kind of scumbag ((((I razzerovyn ((

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes