Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
A lot of this criticism is by invitation: L&P is aiming for realism and refers to them self as a perfectionist who has to spend so much time because they can't compromise on quality, then naturally all of those minute details are up for scrutiny.

I guarantee you, if L&P announced that the Aiden event was completed in two weeks instead of five (six now?!!!) that would be applauded and met with raucous cheers. For this event the criticism is that so much time is spent building and composing and lighting and test rendering and camera adjusting for an incredibly complex environment (forest road) that cannot be reconciled with its importance to the story, while getting some details wrong as well.

It will surely be gob-smackingly beautiful, the whole event may even be really great - and by great I mean consistent with the characters and story as they were leading up to the event with ample naughtiness - but, in the context of the 30 playable days, it's impossible to imagine that it justifies five or six weeks of development.
Those are details on which he works. He feels that they are correct from his understanding and whatever references he used. It's just perception most of the times. No matter how perfect someone wants to be there can be no perfect, something that should be commonly understandly to all humans.

Of course he would be applauded if it was made in 2 weeks but only until the update is released . The event will not look as good, majority details would have to be skipped, making it a completely flawed render and will in no means be satisfy to the player and the Dev. This project is very important to him and he has been vocal about it. Making such events without such settings and details will kill the artistic passion in him. He will no longer want to work on the project where he has lost interest and does not care anymore. Since he has to deliver renders that he is displeased with. If the creator is unhappy there is no way the players will enjoy it. All of it is necessary for the game to be what it is.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, it is clear that we did not force him to come over. But I would rather have him to other discussions in the forum than because of the size of a handbag!?
Perhaps most of us would, (I know dozens of things I'd like to ask) but he still wouldn't be likely to give away any information he deemed as too early to divulge. Discussing the logistics of an update is a technical issue within the plot & doesn't give away the actual storyline. It's easier to talk about such things than character motivation, future plans etc., or stuff that could be more interesting. IMO I doubt very much that not taking time to discuss this element would have sped up the release date.

Personally, I'm glad he's taking time to talk to fans. Communication with his public is something many of us have missed.

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Sophia's bag is the biggest draw at the moment, I hope L&P capitalizes on this! Forget about Lee Everetts (Walking Dead) pants, Sophia's bag is the next big thing!

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Those are details on which he works. He feels that they are correct from his understanding and whatever references he used. It's just perception most of the times. No matter how perfect someone wants to be there can be no perfect, something that should be commonly understandly to all humans.

Of course he would be applauded if it was made in 2 weeks but only until the update is released . The event will not look as good, majority details would have to be skipped, making it a completely flawed render and will in no means be satisfy to the player and the Dev. This project is very important to him and he has been vocal about it. Making such events without such settings and details will kill the artistic passion in him. He will no longer want to work on the project where he has lost interest and does not care anymore. Since he has to deliver renders that he is displeased with. If the creator is unhappy there is no way the players will enjoy it.
I think you completely missed the point of the post you are quoting:
The passion and drive and beauty and technique and skill and patience and persistence of L&P are not in doubt and do not go unappreciated.

That said, this was announced back in December (or even earlier?) as a small update. So if the Aiden event, projected to be (I forget, but maybe 25%?) of an announced small update with a 90-day total production schedule, was completed in two weeks we'd all applaud the fact that for the first time in literally two years a scene was developed and completed way ahead of schedule. Instead we're on about week six I think, so that's about 40 days now, of a projected 90-day schedule, spent on (25%?) of the update. And remember, we have no photoshop or programming/translation for the Aiden scene either. Even if it's fast relative to creation it's still adding at least another week.

If I've got it all wrong and the Aiden event was supposed to be 50% of the update then so be it, I may be on about nothing.

All of it is necessary for the game to be what it is.
Correct: way behind schedule.

Reactions: Jude6

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Perhaps most of us would, (I know dozens of things I'd like to ask) but he still wouldn't be likely to give away any information he deemed as too early to divulge. Discussing the logistics of an update is a technical issue within the plot & doesn't give away the actual storyline. It's easier to talk about such things than character motivation, future plans etc., or stuff that could be more interesting. IMO I doubt very much that not taking time to discuss this element would have sped up the release date.

Personally, I'm glad he's taking time to talk to fans. Communication with his public is something many of us have missed.
Communication with the community is always a good thing, but I wouldn't have thought it was have been over something trivial as a handbag or purse. I guess he should have given her a backpack or suitcase to make it more believable/realistic or maybe on the way out stop at a bus station and get a rented locker. As I said, realism went out the door a couple of years ago, and I never like the fact he used the word "Realistic" to describe his novel.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017

I am also pleased when he passes by. You don't seem to know him that well yet? He really only shows up when he feels he is being treated unfairly or when a discussion about a particular situation/issue deviates from the game and is not constructively criticized. Or nonsense is talked all the time. He then unfortunately moves on to justification and explains his doing in a manner of his own. But because of some specific individuals, it makes no sense at all in this forum, unfortunately.

So if you like seeing him pissed off cause of the size of a handbag... go ahead!

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Tell me if I am wrong. But from now on L&P should go faster than 5% per week.
This slow pace is supposed to be due to the complexity of the "aiden event."
That's is not an easy question on this update. Sophia/Dylan's Event is supposed to be smaller, but all I can say is wait and see. Because no one knows, not even him, how many CS/renders he will need to make this next event until he start to make it.

Ivrol

Sep 26, 2018
Tell me if I am wrong. But from now on L&P should go faster than 5% per week.
This slow pace is supposed to be due to the complexity of the "aiden event."
Since i saw L&P replying to a member if the boots would fit in the bag (setup of the scene), im taking serious the comments of other users about L&P is insecure about his work and that's why he always try to make the scene so perfect to the minimum detail.

If this is real every event can be turned into a complexity event, im sure that the updates will be more delayed every time because of this + the game is taking many routes (more complex).

joaco96

May 27, 2017
Since i saw L&P replying to a member if the boots would fit in the bag (setup of the scene), im taking serious the comments of other users about L&P is insecure about his work and that's why he always try to make the scene so perfect to the minimum detail.

If this is real every event can be turned into a complexity event, im sure that the updates will be more delayed every time because of this + the game is taking many routes (more complex).
Yes, perfectionism is a double-edged sword.
I hope Dylan's event doesn't turn into "complex."

Reactions: Bane71

joaco96

May 27, 2017
By the way, what is that about the beta version of 140 images (I think) that is being talked about?
It's a prank?

Ivrol

Sep 26, 2018
Yes, perfectionism is a double-edged sword.
I hope Dylan's event doesn't turn into "complex."
I think the next update its sam with his band, this event is big. If Aiden event was extended to this point, Sam event will be minimum of this size, assuming that this update will be released by 4th week may, this next update will be released in november or december.

it's a joke (beta version), L&P just release cryptic teaser images

Reactions: Bane71
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes