BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Hi, I am a total newbie with DAZ (about a half dozen renders)
Few in this thread realise or want to realise that L&P always makes actions which will lengthen development time and that he evades any kind of timesaving actions like the devil does sanctified water.
I've said this for a couple years now..

Regarding learning Daz, someone here told me to learn it and then talk so I went ahead and learned it a bit for a week and then did 2 short (completely juvenile in terms of plot) scenes in the first time and second time I used it to post on the fan art page. Took me some hours to get used to it but after that things became a bit better.

The hours include rendering (I gave it around 10min per render and I cant make a scene and render at the same time) + denoiser + sourcing most of the shit to make it look near the game and then posing, coming up with some shit plot etc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously not saying this is near the quality of L&P but this is 40 to 50h on daz total and there is a clear upgrade from run to run.

I never touched daz anymore, just wanted to see how difficult it was to provide substanced opinions on here.

I imagine that if I had 4 years of experience on it, 8h/5d a week I wouldnt encounter the issues that L&P is still facing (we won't ever know for sure as I don't intend to make this a job, this was just to see how hard daz was) and I still don't get how can he put out an average of 7-10 renders a day.
Once the set is done and the lightning is taken care off, specially with the kind of hardware he has, he should be putting out a lot of renders per day and the updates should be way faster. He has 4 years of experience on this.. 80% of it should be preset by now.

He said he sometimes wishes he could stream a day of his work.. I would really like that to happen. I'll contribute 100$ to that stream.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I've said this for a couple years now..

Regarding learning Daz, someone here told me to learn it and then talk so I went ahead and learned it a bit for a week and then did 2 short (completely juvenile in terms of plot) scenes in the first time and second time I used it to post on the fan art page. Took me some hours to get used to it but after that things became a bit better.

The hours include rendering (I gave it around 10min per render and I cant make a scene and render at the same time) + denoiser + sourcing most of the shit to make it look near the game and then posing, coming up with some shit plot etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously not saying this is near the quality of L&P but this is 40 to 50h on daz total and there is a clear upgrade from run to run.

I never touched daz anymore, just wanted to see how difficult it was to provide substanced opinions on here.

I imagine that if I had 4 years of experience on it, 8h/5d a week I wouldnt encounter the issues that L&P is still facing (we won't ever know for sure as I don't intend to make this a job, this was just to see how hard daz was) and I still don't get how can he put out an average of 7-10 renders a day.
Once the set is done and the lightning is taken care off, specially with the kind of hardware he has, he should be putting out a lot of renders per day and the updates should be way faster. He has 4 years of experience on this.. 80% of it should be preset by now.

He said he sometimes wishes he could stream a day of his work.. I would really like that to happen. I'll contribute 100$ to that stream.
Very true post, Viper6!
As said, I am a newbie with DAZ too, for comparison here is my first pic, a fanart for for another game.
https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-fan-art.5594/page-26#lg=attachment548200&slide=0

We are new to DAZ and have a way to go before we are on the level of some other users, but we get passable results for the time we invested. (I do not think I will go deeper into DAZ, since I use it just for making pics for my pen&paper RPG characters or some fanart stuff) In addition, rendering took 11 minutes on an older i7 with the iGPU and shared RAM only!

L&P has vastly more experience with DAZ and a far better rendering machine, it is incomprehensible how slow his work speed is. That is something I would estimate from our attempts, puzzling things out, not someone experienced with the program. I already mentioned several single Devs in former posts, who bring out quality updates far faster than L&P, despite having similar or more severe handicaps with their PC rigs!

I totally agree on the stream, I would like to see that too. But that will never happen, since L&P is far from being the fumbling PC legasthenic he projects to his patrons.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ann87ra

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
So is dev losing interest in the game or just REALLY dragging his feet on this update? Lord knows, at this rate, it had better be a VERY rewarding experience (actually some groping or OTC action at least). In the past while the quality (artwork/storytelling) is good...the lack of action and pacing (as many have said) has made each update installment less than fulfilling in my mind. My most rewarding play-through was when I first discovered the game! Since there had been a BUNCH of updates (at current rate of production I'd theorize 1,000's of years worth to get that much actual playtime!!) in the backlog already so I had seemingly endless content to play through at once...it was heavenly...
I didn't even mind the lack of sex because it was "coming"...but sort of coming the same way in the beginning of Game of Thrones we waiting on the dragons to show up...it is waring on me. While I religiously play the game updates I find myself less & less fulfilled (longing for that looonger play time) and yet I cannot abstain when an update is out...So I am stuck in this vicious cycle (like trying to quit smoking for a while)...you know that in the end it'd be better for you, but cannot do it when the update (carton) is sitting in front of you...
SHORT VERSION:
WHERE is the UPDAAAATE???! :cry::Kappa:

Last edited:

mulerider

Donor
Apr 9, 2020
My art maybe good but I am nowhere near in the same league as L&P but thanks for the compliment.
I use standard stuff and have never joined two assets together, never mind using my own lighting/assets.
nah, personally i think your work is better than L&P's

Reactions: MacAdGames

Adolfo

Jun 5, 2017
So is dev losing interest in the game or just REALLY dragging his feet on this update? Lord knows, at this rate, i'd better be a VERY rewarding (actually some groping or OTC action at least). In the past while the quality is good...the lack of action and pacing (as many have said) has made each update installment less than fulfilling in my mind. My most rewarding play-through was when I first discovered the game! Since there had been a BUNCH up dates (at current rate of production 1,000's of years worth) in the backlog already so I had seemingly endless content to play through at once (it was heaven)...
I didn't even mind the lack of sex because it was "coming"...but sort of like the beginning of Game of Thrones, waiting on the dragons to show up...it is waring on me. While I religiously play the game updates I find myself less and less fulfilled (longing for that looonger play time) and yet I cannot abstain when an update is out...So I am stuck in this vicious cycle (like trying to quit smoking for a while)...you know that in the end it'd be better for you, but cannot do it when the update (carton) is sitting in front of you...
SHORT VERSION:
WHERE is the UPDAAAATE???! :cry::Kappa:
End of May. LP Word

Reactions: Calyps0

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Adolfo, L&P has said many things. Although he did say around the end of May, I would take that statement with a grain of salt.

No one can predict what he's going to do between now and the end of May.
My magic 8-ball said that it's 100% certain that L&P will be collecting lots Patreon dues during this timeframe. So your statement is incorrect. Technically we can, with some degree of certainty, predict what he will be doing between now and May...

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
My magic 8-ball said that it's 100% certain that L&P will be collecting lots Patreon dues during this timeframe. So your statement is incorrect. Technically we can, with some degree of certainty, predict what he will be doing between now and May...
You really needed a Magic 8-ball to tell you that? :p:ROFLMAO: I'm pretty sure that's already understood.

Cgt35

Dec 13, 2018
Hii people.
i have a question. i have remember one scene in beach cabinets dylan and his mom. İ dont see that scene anymore.
İs it removed . Anyone has image or something for sharing me. Thx in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: Arshavinstyle

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hii people.
i have a question. i have remember one scene in beach cabinets dylan and his mom. İ dont see that scene anymore.
İs it removed . Anyone has image or something for sharing me. Thx in advance.
Did you play the scene in that Sophia doesn't remind Dylan to lock the bathroom door and Ellie walks in on Dylan? That triggers the beach cabinet scene.

Cgt35

Dec 13, 2018
Did you play the scene in that Sophia doesn't remind Dylan to lock the bathroom door and Ellie walks in on Dylan? That triggers the beach cabinet scene.
İ have lost my saves i dont remember. İ will take a look from main page save files. thx man.

Lust&Pateron

Dec 17, 2020
If you want the game to have faster release cycles, you gotta hit L&P hard and where it hurts.

Pull your pateron, and explain why in the comments.

Stop commenting this thread, because it'll kill the hype and the pateron support

Someone above, posted about 40 or so decent renders and he said it took him 13hours, L&P would be able to to 5 to 7. Its a con, honestly it's a con, I think this thread has woken up

Money talks. Pull your support

roro

May 29, 2017
I really don't understand what's the purpose in comparisons between games. They are (BaDik and Awam) totally different, Awam isn't even a game (it's a VN), and their creators have a totally different goals in mind while crafting their babies.

I'm pretty sure L&P likes the money he earns, but I'm most definitely sure that's not the main thing he sees when he works on his game. Do you really believe he don't know that releasing update every 2 months would boost his income? He also knows how to do it (lower his renders quality, hire help, use presets etc - he has so many consultants here, me included) he talked about it a long time ago in some of his posts here and on his Patren feed, but yet - he prefers to do it "his way", earn much less then he would and bust his ass with small adjustments that most of us wouldn't even notice while pressing ctrl to fast forward to the good parts.
I really believe he just can't do it, even if he wanted, he just can't. I'm working with talented and mathematically gifted teenagers, and I clearly see the same pattern here. I'm not saying L&P is mathematically gifted, maybe he is, I don't know, but he clearly has some of the side effects of gifted people. When I say he can't, I mean he would prefer stop working on his VN than lower the quality he see as a minimum. But that's just my interpretation of the situation...

roro

May 29, 2017
If you want the game to have faster release cycles, you gotta hit L&P hard and where it hurts.

Pull your pateron, and explain why in the comments.

Stop commenting this thread, because it'll kill the hype and the pateron support

Someone above, posted about 40 or so decent renders and he said it took him 13hours, L&P would be able to to 5 to 7. Its a con, honestly it's a con, I think this thread has woken up

Money talks. Pull your support
Has your theory ever worked with one of the games here? Do you know of a game that lost support and suddenly, as a result, the dev worked faster and harder? What really happens when a game loses support is it being abandoned.

Reactions: Cold brew

Lust&Pateron

Dec 17, 2020
What really happens when a game loses support is it being abandoned.
It's not a theory, it's basic business and political practiced all around the world. Either you change your ways to how the market is, or you are out of business. And to be clear it's not a plan to get the game abandoned. I don't want that in any way. It's giving a shot to the arm of the dev saying "if you don't start producing to what your supporters wants, you won't have an income". And, lets be honest if a dev doesn't have that reaction the game was never going to be completed anyway

Milfy City has 7k supporters and hasn't had an update in 1 year <- let that sink in.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes