ook23985

Oct 21, 2019
Если игра готова на 80 процентов ренедера, то почему нужно ждать еще месяц до релиза?

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Student to instructor: "I'm not that confident. How good do you have to be?"
Instructor to student: "You only have to be good enough to get your point across. Anything more than that is vanity."

Not sure I agree with that in total, but the recent comparisons to BAD and DrPC are worth considering. The image quality and complexity of the environments in BAD are in no way comparable to AWAM - AWAM outstrips by miles. That being said, BAD delivers an enormous amount of content (roughly 5 to 8 times as many renders per update) at a high enough quality to be engrossing and engaging and, as far as fapability, runs the gamut from from flirty to naughty to erotic to hardcore, and every place in between - in EVERY update, with tons and tons of animations. And, has literally more than three dozen actual characters (some small, but more developed than AWAM's mailman, for example), side games, hidden reward renders, and SMS and chat and social media and dating apps, and even a Jacob who will paint the girls in your harem for a nominal fee, which you can then use to decorate the desk area in your room, so the environments are actually customizable. And then there's the branching, which is insane, the number of different paths with what, a dozen different girls? Not to mention the branching of their relationships between each other?

So what am I getting at? I dunno... I just know that those 250+ renders of Sophia getting a text message in the bridal shop, then walking across the street, then walking back across the street into a different store, and then squeezing into the leather outfit, and probably at least two or three renders of her trying to fit her fucking ankle boots into that fucking bag, and then walking across the street again, and then riding a bike through town, then the outskirts of town, then the woods, to an unknown destination, just to show some low- to medium-grade kink/erotica, sounds kind of wasteful.

I dunno, I mean, how can that sequence possibly deliver a payoff that's proportional to its degree of difficulty and level of effort?

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Student to instructor: "I'm not that confident. How good do you have to be?"
Instructor to student: "You only have to be good enough to get your point across. Anything more than that is vanity."

Not sure I agree with that in total, but the recent comparisons to BAD and DrPC are worth considering. The image quality and complexity of the environments in BAD are in no way comparable to AWAM - AWAM outstrips by miles. That being said, BAD delivers an enormous amount of content (roughly 5 to 8 times as many renders per update) at a high enough quality to be engrossing and engaging and, as far as fapability, runs the gamut from from flirty to naughty to erotic to hardcore, and every place in between - in EVERY update, with tons and tons of animations. And, has literally more than three dozen actual characters (some small, but more developed than AWAM's mailman, for example), side games, hidden reward renders, and SMS and chat and social media and dating apps, and even a Jacob who will paint the girls in your harem for a nominal fee, which you can then use to decorate the desk area in your room, so the environments are actually customizable. And then there's the branching, which is insane, the number of different paths with what, a dozen different girls? Not to mention the branching of their relationships between each other?

So what am I getting at? I dunno... I just know that those 250+ renders of Sophia getting a text message in the bridal shop, then walking across the street, then walking back across the street into a different store, and then squeezing into the leather outfit, and probably at least two or three renders of her trying to fit her fucking ankle boots into that fucking bag, and then walking across the street again, and then riding a bike through town, then the outskirts of town, then the woods, to an unknown destination, just to show some low- to medium-grade kink/erotica, sounds kind of wasteful.

I dunno, I mean, how can that sequence possibly deliver a payoff that's proportional to its degree of difficulty and level of effort?
At the volume of work and its duration, without standardisation, delays are inherent.
Starting every event from scratch is bound to cause delays. :whistle:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
At the volume of work and its duration, without standardisation, delays are inherent.
Starting every event from scratch is bound to cause delays. :whistle:
Not sure what you're getting at - BAD has at least a billion more environments and at least 721 more characters and something like 42,453 (check my math?) different branching options, and I think 518 times as many renders, and of course hundreds and hundreds of animations, in approximately 18 fewer months since original release.

Not saying L&P needs to get anywhere close to those numbers, after all AWAM is, image for image, far superior. But what is each image telling us? Not much, or at least not enough.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Not sure what you're getting at - BAD has at least a billion more environments and at least 721 more characters and something like 42,453 (check my math?) different branching options, and I think 518 times as many renders, and of course hundreds and hundreds of animations, in approximately 18 fewer months since original release.

Not saying L&P needs to get anywhere close to those numbers, after all AWAM is, image for image, far superior. But what is each image telling us? Not much, or at least not enough.
What I meant was that he needs to work more with presets.
Lights: if you want to exaggerate 12 presets, one for each hour :giggle:
Facial expressions, I don't know if I've said it before but there are 16 expressions that are recognized all over the world. So, 16 presets and case close.
1366_2000.jpg
And so on. That's how I understand working on an industrial level.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Facial expressions, I don't know if I've said it before but there are 16 expressions that are recognized all over the world. So, 16 presets and case close.

And so on. That's how I understand working on an industrial level.
Ah, I didn't recognize that you were talking about the more technical aspect of development. My misunderstaning. Thanks for clarification.

Reactions: nexer

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi, I am a total newbie with DAZ (about a half dozen renders) and even I know how super-practical and timesaving presets of many things can be (frak, e.g. quality preset poses can be lifesavers), so L&P should know this far more than me.
But here comes the catch of your post: If L&P would start using presets, bought, gifted or his selfmade ones in numbers, he would lose one of his greatest excuses he sells his sheep, eh, patrons every couple weeks, the cultivated mirage of overboarding perfectionism coupled with complete incompetence of time and program managment.
L&P is a "Schlawiner", a canny and sharp person, he certainly wants to tell his story, but he acknowledged that a sucker is born every day and uses this to keep the money flowing. He is surely not so dim to believe that a development cycle of over a decade
is anything viable, but he knows how to deftly sell it to the Voll-...audience.

I have to lift a virtual hat to how he does it, hence the Schlawiner moniker. Pull them in with quality work few other eroges match, then cultivate the image of a perfectionist busybody with serious lack of time managment and voila, the wool is over the eyes of many. Few in this thread realise or want to realise that L&P always makes actions which will lengthen development time and that he evades any kind of timesaving actions like the devil does sanctified water. Not to forget he regularly sends messages of how he needs to do more renders, a significant number of those completely superfluous to the story he tells and sends "teasers" which say absolutely nothing, but he knows that he needs to keep the supporters occupied with speculations.
L&P knows that if they take a step back and look at the task with clear eyes, they will finally recognise that an erotic game with a development time of over a decade, going towards 1 1/2 decades, is Humbug.

Case in point, look at the Fan Art thread, creators like e.g. Killjoys or After Choices, make terrific stuff, far advanced from what we get in the game. That is the work of the fans, many who will know in their heart of hearts that it is highly unlikely we will see something like that in the game, because it is unlikely it will ever be finished at this snail´s pace.

Last edited:

GamerGod76

Mar 26, 2020
Tried playing this game like 4 months ago and it was just too slow a burn. I legit played 8 hours straight,on a corrupt mom path,and all the sex i saw was a nipple at the pool. Is there any legit sex scenes in this game yet besides the protagonist and the husband? I'd like to know before downloading this slog again.

• Haha
Reactions: MacAdGames

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
Tried playing this game like 4 months ago and it was just too slow a burn. I legit played 8 hours straight,on a corrupt mom path,and all the sex i saw was a nipple at the pool. Is there any legit sex scenes in this game yet besides the protagonist and the husband? I'd like to know before downloading this slog again.
Nope

Reactions: GamerGod76

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Hi, I am a total newbie with DAZ (about a half dozen renders) and even I know how super-practical and timesaving presets of many things can be (frak, e.g. quality preset poses can be lifesavers), so L&P should know this far more than me.
But here comes the catch of your post: If L&P would start using presets, bought, gifted or his selfmade ones in numbers, he would lose one of his greatest excuses he sells his sheep, eh, patrons every couple weeks, the cultivated mirage of overboarding perfectionism coupled with complete incompetence of time and program managment.
L&P is a "Schlawiner", a canny and sharp person, he certainly wants to tell his story, but he acknowledged that a sucker is born every day and uses this to keep the money flowing. He is surely not so dim to believe that a development cycle of over a decade
is anything viable, but he knows how to deftly sell it to the Voll-...audience.

I have to lift a virtual hat to how he does it, hence the Schlawiner moniker. Pull them in with quality work few other eroges match, then cultivate the image of a perfectionist busybody with serious lack of time managment and voila, the wool is over the eyes of many. Few in this thread realise or want to realise that L&P always makes actions which will lengthen development time and that he evades any kind of timesaving actions like the devil does sanctified water. Not to forget he regularly sends messages of how he needs to do more renders, a significant number of those completely superfluous to the story he tells and sends "teasers" which say absolutely nothing, but he knows that he needs to keep the supporters occupied with speculations.
L&P knows that if they take a step back and look at the task with clear eyes, they will finally recognise that an erotic game with a development time of over a decade, going towards 1 1/2 decades, is Humbug.

Case in point, look at the Fan Art thread, creators like e.g. Killjoys or After Choices, make terrific stuff, far advanced from what we get in the game. That is the work of the fans, many who will know in their heart of hearts that it is highly unlikely we will see something like that in the game, because it is unlikely it will ever be finished at this snail´s pace.
My art maybe good but I am nowhere near in the same league as L&P but thanks for the compliment.
I use standard stuff and have never joined two assets together, never mind using my own lighting/assets.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes