T-oxygen

Jun 18, 2020
First of all I'm sorry for my bad English.
Although AWAM is a very good story, it has lots of artistic details and quality renders, it is SLOW. The number of comments made, the followers and supporters being hopeful and supporting him slows him down even more. If it's a job, if their bosses are just those who give money, okay. But this place also helps and supports and helps him. That's why so many comments do not deserve the support of so many people. 2900 pages of comments. How many comments are there since the last update? I think the producer mocks the support of so many people. With every comment, we support him in spite of everything.
(I hope I'm wrong. I love his Awam. But if I were you, I would prefer to render more fluently and faster with less detailed art. I think he's drowning in details. He's looking for excellence. But he doesn't need it. Instead of having 5 renderings with magnificent detail first, normal detailed 50 renderings.)
Please remember that you support it with every comment. I also support him. Enough to make 1 comment for each new update.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
At the start of AwAm I did think that the dev was naive in what he had planned but I decided to cut him some slack as I thought that he would learn as he goes on.
His stubbornness/unwillingness to get help or even advice off other people would soon became clear.
The frustration with the dev started to eat away at me and so did many of the questions that I wanted answers to went unanswered.
I really do wish for this dev to get his house in order so that we don't have to wait a month for an event to be finsihed that is only 20% of the update.
As Alley_Cat has mentioned before the dev After Choices(FreePass) is open/friendly and will share any assets that he uses in the game and will listen to his supporters/Patrons,how I wish L&P was more like this.
I still don't understand how part 2 of day 12 that was suppose to be at least 20% smaller than part 1,is turning to what?
75-100% bigger than part 1?
Some people are unhappy with 3800 renders,250 animations and sexy time with 10+girls we get in a recent update in another game.
Don't want to imagine what will happen here after the update drops.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
L&P is a scam. A gamr of fucking renders shouldn't take 5 plus real life years.

Can't wait for people to wake up to this
This forum is full of discussion about the slow development, at times that is the dominant topic. It is also full of suggestions and counter-suggestions and arguments about how to speed things up or whether or not the developer is obliged to recruit help or create fewer images or compromise in any way.

So, who is it that hasn't woken up to what?

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
First of all I'm sorry for my bad English.
Although AWAM is a very good story, it has lots of artistic details and quality renders, it is SLOW. The number of comments made, the followers and supporters being hopeful and supporting him slows him down even more. If it's a job, if their bosses are just those who give money, okay. But this place also helps and supports and helps him. That's why so many comments do not deserve the support of so many people. 2900 pages of comments. How many comments are there since the last update? I think the producer mocks the support of so many people. With every comment, we support him in spite of everything.
(I hope I'm wrong. I love his Awam. But if I were you, I would prefer to render more fluently and faster with less detailed art. I think he's drowning in details. He's looking for excellence. But he doesn't need it. Instead of having 5 renderings with magnificent detail first, normal detailed 50 renderings.)
Please remember that you support it with every comment. I also support him. Enough to make 1 comment for each new update.
...Stating the obvious it is SLOW.

The flaw in a common perspective here is that this developer is motivated by dollars and can be subject to intimidation. I am of the opinion L&P has already limited and hurt his earnings and potential if money was the motivation. L&P's obvious focus is internal and not on the dollars. If L&P were able to increase the speed of the updates with a more reasonable schedule, showing same quality, L&P could easily have 3x or more the support on Patreon and would be wildly setup for crazy success in future projects. Money motivated theories are seriously barking up the wrong tree here. Those who are keen on the business/money focus of things are consistently eating their hats with this one. That means extremely frustrated for those who don't get the meaning.
L&P is going it alone and most likely wouldn't even bother with AWAM if he was subject to the intimidations of a overbearing boss or oppressive workplace. L&P largely ignores such things as proof. The thread comments are full of this frustration and debate. We are at the mercy of this and just hope the quality maintains and the updates come quicker.

Last edited:

T-oxygen

Jun 18, 2020

The flaw in a common perspective here is that this developer motivated by dollars and can be subject to intimidation. I am of the opinion L&P has already limited and hurt his earnings and potential if money was the motivation. L&P's obvious focus is internal and not on the dollars. If L&P were able to increase the speed of the updates with a more reasonable schedule, showing same quality, L&P could easily have 3x or more the support on Patreon and would be wildly setup for crazy success in future projects. Money motivated theories are seriously barking up the wrong tree here. Those who are keen on the business/money focus of things are consistently eating their hats with this one. That means extremely frustrated for those who don't get the meaning.
L&P is going it alone and most likely wouldn't even bother with AWAM if he was subject to the intimidations of a overbearing boss or oppressive workplace. L&P largely ignores such things as proof. The thread comments are full of this frustration and debate. We are at the mercy of this and just hope the quality maintains and the updates come quicker.
The Awam fan page is more fun than the game :) So I respect the producer of Awam. These comments may be bad, but they are the truth. I'm not saying I don't like the game. But I don't follow and get excited. I don't think you care about our comments anyway.

Fan Page

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
L&P is more and more slower but he has more and more patrons. Masochism. :)
L&P has 1.6k patrons, DrPinkCake has 13.6k.
DPC has launched chapter 6 and 7 already while L&P launched a third of a day in December.
DPC puts up teasers every week on his patreon and has 10 Patreon posts this month. L&P has 2.

DPC started April 2018, has 1 game completed, another more than halfway done and is on Steam. L&P started November 2017 and is on 30% of his first VN.

That 12k difference in terms of people means a lot of money but L&P doesn't seem to understand that he needs to take the first steps towards better engagement and development and then the money and patrons (which will reward him for his work) will come, but only after he takes those steps.

The quality of his renders and even the story alone tells me L&P should have many more patrons right now but he doesn't have his shit together so the 90%+ difference in patrons is expected.

Basically L&P should have at least 5/6k patrons based on the metrics here on f95 and the quality of his work. This topic is huge and has a ton of views. Major advertisement is done here because people end up supporting projects and devs they like.

The fact he has 1.6k while his game pulls record numbers here on site must tell him something is off.

580 renders used to be enough for 8 scenes, meaning an avg of 72 renders per scene was enough but now we have 200+ renders per scene.
The pace is starting to become very slow.

Regarding taking off the 1/3 of a day updates back to 1/2 a day, I don't agree. With the kind of slippage that occurs in his development in each version, you would be looking at a once per year release. At this point the only thing left to try is to either be reasonable and cut back on render nr (and possibly some story branches) or release per event.

L&P I know you read our posts so I'm leaving a question in case you want to answer:

Do you see yourself finishing this VN taking into account that it'll most likely end, at this pace, by 2035+?

Last edited:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019

The flaw in a common perspective here is that this developer motivated by dollars and can be subject to intimidation. I am of the opinion L&P has already limited and hurt his earnings and potential if money was the motivation. L&P's obvious focus is internal and not on the dollars. If L&P were able to increase the speed of the updates with a more reasonable schedule, showing same quality, L&P could easily have 3x or more the support on Patreon and would be wildly setup for crazy success in future projects. Money motivated theories are seriously barking up the wrong tree here. Those who are keen on the business/money focus of things are consistently eating their hats with this one. That means extremely frustrated for those who don't get the meaning.
Sorry, but talk about “an artist who cares about quality, not money” ends when his patreon support drops by 10-20%.
I assure you, after this, the next day, L&P will present a team of assistants.

I'm not a huge fan of him, but he is definitely not a milker, as some say.
I think there is a combination of reasons: the author's stubbornness + a habit in development + growth on patreon, no matter what. Plus, in this case, he provides himself with well-paid work for the next 10 years.

Reactions: OdinValgallovih

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Is anyone curious how someone (emrekurubeyli) who has just 69 posts has 1,462 up-votes? That seems a bit out of whack.

I saw your stuff on the fan art page (it's really good btw) so never mind!

Reactions: T-oxygen

T-oxygen

Jun 18, 2020
Is anyone curious how someone (emrekurubeyli) who has just 69 posts has 1,462 up-votes? That seems a bit out of whack.

I saw your stuff on the fan art page (it's really good btw) so never mind!
I just wanted to say that although I love Awam, he is slow and drowning in detail. I am never as good an artist as he is. He's much more experienced :) I'm just learning daz3d. When I learn, I realize that it is actually not that difficult. I apologize if I was disrespectful to the readers.

Reactions: Spassky3

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I just wanted to say that although I love Awam, he is slow and drowning in detail. I am never as good an artist as he is. He's much more experienced :) I'm just learning daz3d. When I learn, I realize that it is actually not that difficult. I apologize if I was disrespectful to the readers.
? Disrespectful? Don't see that at all. Agree that L&P is drowning in detail.

Just learning? Wow, impressed.

Reactions: T-oxygen

sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019
for those who every day asks "When will the new version be released?"
count together
5% for 4 days on average, 15% + 15% left, + translation and programming more than 20 days. Testing 2 days.
Total minimum 40 days
Answer: second week of June at best

Last edited:
Reactions: Remember Me?

Chicha

May 3, 2017
DPC has launched chapter 6 and 7 already while L&P launched a third of a day in December.
DPC puts up teasers every week on his patreon and has 10 Patreon posts this month. L&P has 2.

DPC started April 2018, has 1 game completed, another more than halfway done and is on Steam. L&P started November 2017 and is on 30% of his first VN.

That 12k difference in terms of people means a lot of money but L&P doesn't seem to understand that he needs to take the first steps towards better engagement and development and then the money and patrons (which will reward him for his work) will come, but only after he takes those steps.

The quality of his renders and even the story alone tells me L&P should have many more patrons right now but he doesn't have his shit together so the 90%+ difference in patrons is expected.

Basically L&P should have at least 5/6k patrons based on the metrics here on f95 and the quality of his work. This topic is huge and has a ton of views. Major advertisement is done here because people end up supporting projects and devs they like.

The fact he has 1.6k while his game pulls record numbers here on site must tell him something is off.

580 renders used to be enough for 8 scenes, meaning an avg of 72 renders per scene was enough but now we have 200+ renders per scene.

Regarding taking off the 1/3 of a day updates back to 1/2 a day, I don't agree. With the kind of slippage that occurs in his development in each version, you would be looking at a once per year release. At this point the only thing left to try is to either be reasonable and cut back on render nr (and possibly some story branches) or release per event.

L&P I know you read our posts so I'm leaving a question in case you want to answer:

Do you see yourself finishing this VN taking into account that it'll most likely end, at this pace, by 2035+?
Couldn’t have said it better bro

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
Expectations of measuring a lone developers update ability vs. a team is complete folly. This is something that tempers my expectations. Quality would have to be severely pulled back to compete with schedule. That will never happen.
L&P has taken a unique approach and I am skeptical that most cookie cutter templates/formulae would work here for what L&P is shooting for. That would be of the quick production/less quality type. There are solutions out there though that could work.

Viper, you make good on interesting points on why L&P is under performing on Patreon vs others in that space... I agree, but I still don't think that is L&P's motivator. You absolutely address the biggest worry and concern. Is the game able to be completed and without burnout? You are asking L&P a direct question and hoping for solutions. (y)

I wont get into detail but stay big picture here. I view the best "suggestions" to L&P are: How do you achieve what you want to achieve more efficiently and preserving your sanity.

L&P's work on the current update has been set in concrete for a while. I hope L&P blows us away, I know there will be quality, but my expectations overall are less. Long waits can do that. Based on what we've seen, I hope those learning opportunities are taken to find that correct balance. This will contribute to progress. It should not be all or nothing in everything done. The perception that L&P always pushing limits when it is seems unnecessary is currently viewed as wasting time and makes for the villagers grabbing those damn torches. If the schedule was more efficient we would all be grabbing beers, enjoying the party by the bonfire.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes