Taurusmale67

May 29, 2021
I asked a question previously what it takes to make a game. Can someone explain the process and why L&P is taking his patroen membership for a ride.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
When you have something concrete or even feasible then come back and we will discuss
I got my like back. You've changed your post.
Let's review, if you choose Alyssa:
1. not Julia.
2. not Yoga.
3. postpone Ellie.
4. postpone Patricia.
5. postpone Dylan/Marie.
6. unclear if they will go to the ranch on Sunday

What are we left with if we choose Alyssa:
1. Zac
2. Ellie, later
3. Dylan
Two pairs :love:, Zac/Alyssa and Sophia/Dylan.
Now, what's left for Dylan? Sophia (maybe Emma) and Ellie.
And for Zac? Sophia.
And for Alyssa? Sophia again.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I asked a question previously what it takes to make a game. Can someone explain the process and why L&P is taking his patroen membership for a ride.
A program like Daz3D or Honey Select to make your renders (Daz is used in this instance)
Another program like Ren'Py or RPGM for the game engine (Ren'Py used here)

What makes AWAM different (at least IMO) is the level of detail in the renders, and the story. That he actually has developed female characters and no forced scenes, especially with old, ugly males, is why as much as I'm complaining lately, I continue to support the game.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I got my like back. You've changed your post.
Let's review, if you choose Alyssa:
1. not Julia.
2. not Yoga.
3. postpone Ellie.
4. postpone Patricia.
5. postpone Dylan/Marie.
6. unclear if they will go to the ranch on Sunday

What are we left with if we choose Alyssa:
1. Zac
2. Ellie, later
3. Dylan
Two pairs :love:, Zac/Alyssa and Sophia/Dylan.
Now, what's left for Dylan? Sophia (maybe Emma) and Ellie.
And for Zac? Sophia.
And for Alyssa? Sophia again.
Zac/Alyssa is a maybe and Alyssa/Sophia is almost a certainly but you will have to chose between Zac/Alyssa.
There is no indication of Dylan having any sexual involvement/thoughts with Alyssa.

Last edited:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Because he is NOT taking them for a ride. Patreon membership is optional. They can choose to cancel at any time. That means they are choosing to support L&P.

I personally could nt support L&P at the current speed of development and release of updates. I think he is fundamentally lacking in Project Management skills, is stubborn to the point of obstinacy and thus unwilling to take on help on any areas that he struggles with, and is obsessed with artistic perfectionism way past the point of diminishing returns. So I have criticisms of L&P.

Yes it is annoying to read the CONSTANT stream of immature complaints about L&P blueballing / milking / cheating / taking for a ride his Patreons. All invariably from those downloading his updates for free. And then repeat their complaints time and again.....

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
What you need to create a game:
1) Innate literary talent.
2) The innate talent of the sculptor.
3) Knowledge of Photoshop.
4) Knowledge of ZBrush
5) Graphic tablet.
6) Very powerful computer.
7) Knowledge of DAZ Studio
8) Having an understanding wife and parents.
9) Willpower
10) Perseverance.
11) The ability to tolerate boredom
12) Integrity
13) Not prone to accidents
14) Not prone to depression

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
L&P said if you choose Alyssa, the Sophia/Ellie route is postponed, not gone.
L&P said if you choose Alyssa, the Sophia/Ellie route is postponed, not gone.
No he said that if you choose Alyssa over Ellie there will be less opportunities with Ellie and the two of them are incompatible and cannot be on the same path.
I think that we have drifted off the Dylan/Alyssa nexer

Last edited:
Reactions: nexer

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
All good. I make no claims that my version will be better, only that I'm using this to develop some editing skills. L&P has in the past asked for help editing, so I thought I'd give it a try. This isn't the only game I'm using to develop my editing skills either.

If you have a look at some of my posts in the fan art thread, you'll see I fully support artistic freedom. I've never said someone's render is bad just because it's not my style.
EVERYTHING read and understood. Thanks.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BUCCO and Alley_Cat

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
It is said that some Shakespeare plays sound better in German than in the original English. I do not want to offend the national pride of the English forum participants here, nor do I intend to compare L&P with this great writer. But what I want to say is that you can't just machine translate 40 pages of text and then believe subtle nuances of the language are understandable. So if you want / have to describe nuances and feelings and don't just want to say "I want to fuck you", then such a translation quickly becomes an obstacle course that takes a lot of time and can be very tiring. Even today, some authors share their prices with their translators because they know how much work and attention to linguistic detail is necessary for a sentence to be understood as the author intended it in another language.
My remarks on this topic are of course just as unprovable as the claims of some here that L&P is just lazy.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I personally could nt support L&P at the current speed of development and release of updates. I think he is fundamentally lacking in Project Management skills, is stubborn to the point of obstinacy and thus unwilling to take on help on any areas that he struggles with, and is obsessed with artistic perfectionism way past the point of diminishing returns. So I have criticisms of L&P.
Hey there, someone is echoing my thoughts and terminology! I love it :)

One reason this update will be interesting is that I'll be looking to see if the game is at a point of diminishing returns, or if it's crested and is actually at the point of negative returns. I have a hard time conceptualizing what that looks like, but it would need to be something like too many images that take too long to scroll through without advancing the story. Obviously we don't want the game to ever reach a point of diminishing returns, so negative returns would be horrible. I don't expect that things will get that bad in this update, but I'm worried that with 1000 renders and very little story to tell we could be trending too close to negative returns territory.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It is said that some Shakespeare plays sound better in German than in the original English. I do not want to offend the national pride of the English forum participants here, nor do I intend to compare L&P with this great writer. But what I want to say is that you can't just machine translate 40 pages of text and then believe subtle nuances of the language are understandable. So if you want / have to describe nuances and feelings and don't just want to say "I want to fuck you", then such a translation quickly becomes an obstacle course that takes a lot of time and can be very tiring. Even today, some authors share their prices with their translators because they know how much work and attention to linguistic detail is necessary for a sentence to be understood as the author intended it in another language.
My remarks on this topic are of course just as unprovable as the claims of some here that L&P is just lazy.
Good translation and localization takes time and is underappreciated; so I agree with you. I still think 2ish pages of translation every day is slow, even if you're doing a great job. Again, if he and/or his translator are working for 8+ hours in a day two pages is really really slow. Personally I think something like four or five pages a day should be attainable- that still would take a while to translate but I could wrap my head around it. I just can't imagine looking at the same page of a Word document for 4+ hours a day and only getting through two pages.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
There are some songs I prefer in languages I don't understand. My current favourite is Smells like Teen Spirit sung in Classic Latin, and Pumped Up Kicks in Old English. Both with period instruments as well.

Have also heard Thunderstruck played on the cello, which I have no hopes of seeing for Sam's concert.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
There are some songs I prefer in languages I don't understand. My current favourite is Smells like Teen Spirit sung in Classic Latin, and Pumped Up Kicks in Old English. Both with period instruments as well.

Have also heard Thunderstruck played on the cello, which I have no hopes of seeing for Sam's concert.
Yes, sometimes I'm glad I don't understand the lyrics and with some songs it is not necessary to understand the lyrics in detail, you understand the feelings they are supposed to convey. Like in painting.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Here is a new teaser for everyone who likes a bit harder fetishes: Gender-fair spanking - Elli / Logan or Elli / Dylan.

preview._13_.jpg

Tyger Tyger

May 17, 2021
While waiting for the next update, i was wondering if there are other games with similar storyline that you can suggest?
I thought I read somewhere that there about 7,000 ± games in the VN world. But, not many are the caliber of AWAM. You would think that with this amount of Devs and writers there might be at least one other game that stands out? I'm still looking!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I thought I read somewhere that there about 7,000 ± games in the VN world. But, not many are the caliber of AWAM. You would think that with this amount of Devs and writers there might be at least one other game that stands out? I'm still looking!
Lastest Updates quotes 8812 we have here. I usually recommend people check out the signatures of the other members in the thread they like.

Piat

Feb 26, 2020
It seems to be peope like to wait and buy all excuses, now about translation, next an accident, next depression, next my pc burned, next my dog has eaten the... and only imagination will be the limit. Personally, I never figured out this was a law book or an organic chemistry treatise, where the precision of the language is quite important. Here all you can have are casual conversations.

Next update will be something like: and some people will enjoy and write excellent critics about it and praise the crazy lazzy ass of him lol :FacePalm:

And then only one invisible statue per year, not even every six months, why not? :WeSmart:

He realized that like as some real artists do, he also can scam for nothing, month after month in this case.

In the other hand, it's common not being openly critic when you pay him every month and he gives you nothing, no one likes to look fool.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes