nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
L&P said if you choose Alyssa, the Sophia/Ellie route is postponed, not gone.
No he said that if you choose Alyssa over Ellie there will be less opportunities with Ellie and the two of them are incompatible and cannot be on the same path.
I think that we have drifted off the Dylan/Alyssa nexer
In this case we will have 3 directions:
1. M/D only, with Dylan at boarding school.
2. M/S only, with Alyssa
3. M/S and M/D
This made sense from the start. It remains to be seen if Patricia will show up in all of this.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
What you need to create a game:
1) Innate literary talent.
2) The innate talent of the sculptor.
3) Knowledge of Photoshop.
4) Knowledge of ZBrush
5) Graphic tablet.
6) Very powerful computer.
7) Knowledge of DAZ Studio
8) Having an understanding wife and parents.
9) Willpower
10) Perseverance.
11) The ability to tolerate boredom
Don't forget a legendary thick skin - obviously very necessary.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
It seems to be peope like to wait and buy all excuses, now about translation, next an accident, next depression, next my pc burned, next my dog has eaten the... and only imagination will be the limit. Personally, I never figured out this was a law book or an organic chemistry treatise, where the precision of the language is quite important. Here all you can have are casual conversations.

Next update will be something like: and some people will enjoy and write excellent critics about it and praise the crazy lazzy ass of him lol :FacePalm:

And then only one invisible statue per year, not even every six months, why not? :WeSmart:

He realized that like as some real artists do, he also can scam for nothing, month after month in this case.

In the other hand, it's common not being openly critic when you pay him every month and he gives you nothing, no one likes to look fool.
Another one who has to vomit here. Well then, welcome to the club. You will find many friends here who will agree with you. And a new pirate to play this game for constructive criticism is always welcome.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Piat

Feb 26, 2020
Another one who has to vomit here. Well then, welcome to the club. You will find many friends here who will agree with you. And a new pirate to play this game for constructive criticism is always welcome.
Yeah, it may happen when you payed for months and see no updates. There are 2 kind of devs, crazy lazy asses and normal ones who stick to his words and schedules. This last kind of dev I gladly pay and support. Not a problem at all.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
It is said that some Shakespeare plays sound better in German than in the original English. I do not want to offend the national pride of the English forum participants here, nor do I intend to compare L&P with this great writer. But what I want to say is that you can't just machine translate 40 pages of text and then believe subtle nuances of the language are understandable. So if you want / have to describe nuances and feelings and don't just want to say "I want to fuck you", then such a translation quickly becomes an obstacle course that takes a lot of time and can be very tiring. Even today, some authors share their prices with their translators because they know how much work and attention to linguistic detail is necessary for a sentence to be understood as the author intended it in another language.
My remarks on this topic are of course just as unprovable as the claims of some here that L&P is just lazy.
When I was youngun' I took German as my language elective, since so much Science and Engineering (my field) was in German. I understand just a little. However, one concept my teacher pointed out was that, in German, it is entirely possible to write a 100 page book that is only 1 (ONE) sentence. Apparently a famous author did this just to prove it.

My point is: How the heck could that be translated into English? I completely concur that slang or even terms that are totally normal can have vastly different meanings. (The Queen's English "To table a topic" is to bring it forward for discussion. Horrible, ruffian, colonial, revolutionary English (AMERICAN) "To Table a topic" is to set it aside for later. Tada - yup get a translator not a program. IMO:coffee::cool::LOL:

Reactions: Bane71

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hey there, someone is echoing my thoughts and terminology! I love it :)

One reason this update will be interesting is that I'll be looking to see if the game is at a point of diminishing returns, or if it's crested and is actually at the point of negative returns. I have a hard time conceptualizing what that looks like, but it would need to be something like too many images that take too long to scroll through without advancing the story. Obviously we don't want the game to ever reach a point of diminishing returns, so negative returns would be horrible. I don't expect that things will get that bad in this update, but I'm worried that with 1000 renders and very little story to tell we could be trending too close to negative returns territory.
Quit be so dadgum accurate. :)

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I just stuffed two pictures into RenPy: it took me all evening. It turns out that this is not as easy as I thought. And I didn't translate anything. I didn't write anything. It's just... two pictures...
add to your list Renpy.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Yeah, it may happen when you payed for months and see no updates. There are 2 kind of devs, crazy lazy asses and normal ones who stick to his words and schedules. This last kind of dev I gladly pay and support. Not a problem at all.
Very much so!

When I was youngun' I took German as my language elective, since so much Science and Engineering (my field) was in German. I understand just a little. However, one concept my teacher pointed out was that, in German, it is entirely possible to write a 100 page book that is only 1 (ONE) sentence. Apparently a famous author did this just to prove it.

My point is: How the heck could that be translated into English? I completely concur that slang or even terms that are totally normal can have vastly different meanings. (The Queen's English "To table a topic" is to bring it forward for discussion. Horrible, ruffian, colonial, revolutionary English (AMERICAN) "To Table a topic" is to set it aside for later. Tada - yup get a translator not a program. IMO:coffee::cool::LOL:
As a German myself, I can tell you that German is a great language, but for beginners it is the opposite of English. English starts to get worse if you go deeper into it, in German the beginning is a very steep learning curve, but once the "clicking point" is reached, German becomes really easy.
German (and several related languages) have some cross-linguistically rare features, which make German a very precise, highly variable and picturesque language. It´s complex grammar and sentence variability makes it one of the banes of machine translation. German is of the rare (verb second) V2/OV type, had the Germanic sound shifts, conserves some Indo-Germanic old features like Ablaut and a lot of the case system and developed a big load of linguistical innovations of it´s own over time.
German and a couple other languages are the reason some language researchers bring up new theories of language development or bend old ones, because they do not fit into the neat little box of how the researchers think languages do develop. One example, going by the mainstream theory of language development, modern Standard German should never have developed/conserved verb last sentence constructions. But surprise, it does and functions quite nicely.

But while German is a complex language we should not forget that L&P does not have to translate every nuance of his story. AWAM is still just an eroge, if L&P went on a Gymnasium his school English should easily suffice for a halfway fitting translation. (and one quicker than 2 pages per day)

P.S.
By the way, does anyone want to do a wager? Who is more likely the culprit of running to the mods wanting the recent "clean-up" of the thread? One of the fan brigade or L&P himself? Interestingly, what was deleted were the posts where it stood (mathematically sound at that) black on white that current daily output of the dev is far below "should be" output. Shamed be he who thinks evil of it!

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Like english? A typical Germanic syllabic language?
English became the oddball of the Germanic languages over time, it is anything but typical Germanic. Fixed SVO type (only one of the Germanic family), a truckload of French loans, near total obliteration of the old case system, loss of Germanic stem or first syllabic stress to irregular stress, the list goes on longer.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Far Autumn

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Ich weiß, dass es von den Mods gelöscht wird. Aber ehrlich. Du redest einen Müll daher! Ist dir bewusst, was du hier von dir gibst? Als ob es hier irgendeinen interessiert, wie sich die Deutsche Sprache entwickelt hat, wie man sie grammatikalisch ausführt, ...etc. Geh doch irgendwo anders hin und nerve hier nicht mit deinem Geschwafel. Mir wird´s richtig schlecht vor lauter fremdschämen.
Mir wird eher schlecht, wenn ich Möchtegernhipster sehe, die vor lauter Dauerschämen und Dauerwüterichsein nicht mehr leben, sondern andere nur mit einem Horizont nerven, der nicht über die Gartentür rausreicht (obwohl sie sich selbst für Kosmopoliten halten) und deren Selbstgerechtigkeit zum Himmel stinkt. Nur weil ihr Bildungsniveau nicht hoch genug für eine nette Diskussion ist-, aber warum mache ich mir eigentlich die Mühe ihnen zu antworten?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Ich weiß es nicht? Vielleicht weil dein Bildungsniveau ähnlich hoch ist wie meiner?
Eher der Uhrzeit geschuldet und wenn es nötig wäre, könnte ich auch auf ihrem Niveau antworten. Nebenbei, es heißt korrekt "meines", nicht "meiner". Bildungniveau ist neutral, meiner ist Genitiv männlich.;)

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Bitte,

1. We are an English only community. Please provide a translation with your post if it's not in English
Does not need one. In essence, Hlextor, being his good, little, self-righteous, knows it all better Millenial or Gen Z self, insulted me for telling a bit about the German language and translation problems, it being, in his opinion, something nobody interested and I should shut up with my "waffle". I told him a bit about what I think of smallminded people who pretend they are for freedom of speech, but mean only freedom of speech for themselves. So just a little spat.

Reactions: Dave98424

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Ich weiß, dass es von den Mods gelöscht wird. Aber ehrlich. Du redest einen Müll daher! Ist dir bewusst, was du hier von dir gibst? Als ob es hier irgendeinen interessiert, wie sich die Deutsche Sprache entwickelt hat, wie man sie grammatikalisch ausführt, ...etc. Geh doch irgendwo anders hin und nerve hier nicht mit deinem Geschwafel. Mir wird´s richtig schlecht vor lauter fremdschämen.
Mir wird eher schlecht, wenn ich Möchtegernhipster sehe, die vor lauter Dauerschämen und Dauerwüterichsein nicht mehr leben, sondern andere nur mit einem Horizont nerven, der nicht über die Gartentür rausreicht (obwohl sie sich selbst für Kosmopoliten halten) und deren Selbstgerechtigkeit zum Himmel stinkt. Nur weil ihr Bildungsniveau nicht hoch genug für eine nette Diskussion ist-, aber warum mache ich mir eigentlich die Mühe ihnen zu antworten?

Despite the rudeness of the meme, I posted it with kindness.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes