GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Speaking of expectations, I've been meaning to sit down and write out my expectations for this update, and what I need to see in order to feel positive about the direction of the game. This is not a comprehensive list, just a stream of consciousness.

Must Haves:
  • I have to see a sensible and substantive progression in the Sophia/Aiden story. Since that will be the meat of this update, this storyline has to stick the landing. While I do not expect anything too sexy (and don't want anything out of character) I do need to better understand why Sophia would continue to go along with Aiden's tasks. I expect that we'll get some sort of Aiden Redemption story arc.
  • Whatever the Aiden task is, it has to be memorable.
  • At least 45 minutes of gameplay.
Things that I'd like to see
  • I'd like to see some development of Liam as a character outside of his job or gambling. If he's going to be involved in the wedding dress scene, it would be good to see him contribute something meaningful.
  • Nudity. While it isn't required, it's always nice to get a little bit of sexual nudity (changing doesn't count). It has to be tasteful and make sense in the context of the game.
What I don't expect or need
  • I don't expect or need any sex in this update.
  • I don't expect any substantial change in the Sophia/Dylan relationship
  • I don't expect or want anything too sexually charged or dangerous from the Aiden task.
  • This update cannot bore me, after 5 months it would be a dagger if I end up bored
  • While I expect some sensible and substantive progression in the Sophia/Aiden story, I do not expect this task to be a turning point- but I could see it setting up a turning point.

I think those are fair and reasonable requirements.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
This is already in the novel. It's called the "Good Wife" path.
I'll admit, I'd forgotten the Good Wife path. I did play it back in 2018/19 but nothing much happened, so I stopped. As I havn't the knowledge or skills to make comments when it comes to the rendering process, I have to think of other ways to speed things up. Months ago I was one of those supporting the dropping of one or both of the side-jobs & writing out various minor characters. It transpired that the Dev would not countenance discarding the side-jobs & there was no word about minor actors, so it seemed that taking out some of the main paths could be the only remaining option.

I know that getting rid of the blackmail, (or never starting it), is a relatively straightforward matter but this is not the same as ditching it altogether from the game, ie no more development time spent on any aspect of it. This is the precise opposite of what I personally want but the game end horizon is moving too far away. IMO balance & fairness requires dropping the Dylan incest route, preferably at the same time. Just think of the time that would save.

If everything carries on as it is currently, who knows what will happen but based on experience of other games, it's very possible that neither the blackmail or Dylan incest routes will ever be brought to a proper conclusion. So why not remove them now & save us all the frustration? Just a thought....

Reactions: t3alqdansam

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'll admit, I'd forgotten the Good Wife path. I did play it back in 2018/19 but nothing much happened, so I stopped. As I havn't the knowledge or skills to make comments when it comes to the rendering process, I have to think of other ways to speed things up. Months ago I was one of those supporting the dropping of one or both of the side-jobs & writing out various minor characters. It transpired that the Dev would not countenance discarding the side-jobs & there was no word about minor actors, so it seemed that taking out some of the main paths could be the only remaining option.

I know that getting rid of the blackmail, (or never starting it), is a relatively straightforward matter but this is not the same as ditching it altogether from the game, ie no more development time spent on any aspect of it. This is the precise opposite of what I personally want but the game end horizon is moving too far away. IMO balance & fairness requires dropping the Dylan incest route, preferably at the same time. Just think of the time that would save.

If everything carries on as it is currently, who knows what will happen but based on experience of other games, it's very possible that neither the blackmail or Dylan incest routes will ever be brought to a proper conclusion. So why not remove them now & save us all the frustration? Just a thought....
I hear you, and your general point about needing to trim the game down is on point. However, if you cut the blackmail story and the Dylan story, both the game and its supporters, would crumble. You could maybe cut any more blackmail, but if you cut the Dylan love interest it would gut the game's patrons. I don't think the game could survive losing both.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I hear you, and your general point about needing to trim the game down is on point. However, if you cut the blackmail story and the Dylan story, both the game and its supporters, would crumble. You could maybe cut any more blackmail, but if you cut the Dylan love interest it would gut the game's patrons. I don't think the game could survive losing both.
There is supposed to be no more blackmail in the game, but the devs definition of blackmail is different from everybody else's,he doesn't count the Morrello story as blackmail.
The Bennett storyline has almost reached its end, according to the dev, and whether or not we will see Larry again is open to debate.
Morello still has a part still to play but he also could be finished soon ,so I think the character numbers will drop, but it will take a long time.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Given Dylan's much-vaunted popularity, you're probably right & I would hate to lose the blackmail but it's getting past the time for something to change massively, if the risk of abandonment is to be minimised. Maybe there's some less important aspects that could be quietly dropped. There doesn't need to be a dramatic occurence for this to happen. [I'm thinking of the many TV soap characters who have 'gone upstairs' never to be seen coming down....or ever again. There was even a website for this practice, I think].

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Speaking of expectations, I've been meaning to sit down and write out my expectations for this update, and what I need to see in order to feel positive about the direction of the game. This is not a comprehensive list, just a stream of consciousness.

Must Haves:
  • I have to see a sensible and substantive progression in the Sophia/Aiden story. Since that will be the meat of this update, this storyline has to stick the landing. While I do not expect anything too sexy (and don't want anything out of character) I do need to better understand why Sophia would continue to go along with Aiden's tasks. I expect that we'll get some sort of Aiden Redemption story arc.
  • Whatever the Aiden task is, it has to be memorable.
  • At least 45 minutes of gameplay.
Things that I'd like to see
  • I'd like to see some development of Liam as a character outside of his job or gambling. If he's going to be involved in the wedding dress scene, it would be good to see him contribute something meaningful.
  • Nudity. While it isn't required, it's always nice to get a little bit of sexual nudity (changing doesn't count). It has to be tasteful and make sense in the context of the game.
What I don't expect or need
  • I don't expect or need any sex in this update.
  • I don't expect any substantial change in the Sophia/Dylan relationship
  • I don't expect or want anything too sexually charged or dangerous from the Aiden task.
  • This update cannot bore me, after 5 months it would be a dagger if I end up bored
  • While I expect some sensible and substantive progression in the Sophia/Aiden story, I do not expect this task to be a turning point- but I could see it setting up a turning point.

I think those are fair and reasonable requirements.
I was nodding along in agreement until I came to the line "some development of Liam as a character", whence I sprayed my keyboard in coffee as I was unable to contain my indignation at that line!!
:)
Seriously though, I don't want too much time spent on Liam unless you are playing the Good Wife route, in which case fair enough. But for those of us in the hope of something exciting on the other routes (and I don't mean sex which we known won't happen for a few more days), I hope to waste as few renders on Liam as possible to try to move the story forward.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I was nodding along in agreement until I came to the line "some development of Liam as a character", whence I sprayed my keyboard in coffee as I was unable to contain my indignation at that line!!
:)
Seriously though, I don't want too much time spent on Liam unless you are playing the Good Wife route, in which case fair enough. But for those of us in the hope of something exciting on the other routes (and I don't mean sex which we known won't happen for a few more days), I hope to waste as few renders on Liam as possible to try to move the story forward.
A fully fleshed out Liam helps the Filthy route too.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I think bane is right. People should respect L&P's labour.
I know I throw a lot of sarcasm around here, but this is a genuine question because I definitely want to understand:
We are on a website that is almost exclusively dedicated to sharing and discussing what is inarguably stolen intellectual property, so what on earth you are talking about?

Last edited:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
There is supposed to be no more blackmail in the game, but the devs definition of blackmail is different from everybody else's,he doesn't count the Morrello story as blackmail.
Question for clarity: Is it no MORE blackmail, or no NEW blackmail?

And, to be fair, the Morello plot is better characterized as extortion than blackmail.

Reactions: AlfredBundy4

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Monday/Tuesday.

I finished and checked the Aiden event today completely. That's why there was no 5% jump today. I'll probably will be through the P&T part on Sat/Sun. Then I'll still need at least one day to check quickly the entire update plus finishing all the additional stuff. So, don't expect the update earlier than Monday.
Translated, that probably means not before the end of this month, right?

Reactions: the3m_dude
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes