-zoneout-

Dec 7, 2018
So is 0.13 only a 5 min chapter/update? Because I finished 0.115 yesterday, today I saw 0.13 came out and dl it. Just played it right now and its over already. Am I doing something wrong?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So is 0.13 only a 5 min chapter/update? Because I finished 0.115 yesterday, today I saw 0.13 came out and dl it. Just played it right now and its over already. Am I doing something wrong?

You should have had one of the side jobs - either at the side job or tutoring the kids. But yeah, if you're not following the Aiden and Dylan path, it's a very short update. Took me 10 mins

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
Reactions: roro and Bane71

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Well no doubt she really is a middle aged MILF mom unlike other teenage moms.
Only if she had a body of Anna from Anna Exciting Affection than she would be a Perfect MILF.
Fairly sure though that Anna from AEA is only a year or two older than Ellie, so hardlky comparable to a MILF like Sophia.

Dev said that first extra martial intercourse of Sophia would happen on P.D 19.
He said that it would be with someone never anyone have thought about.
I feel like it would be with Aiden and not because of blackmail but eventually she will fall for him.
Incorrect. He said something, not someone. It's playable day 16 with the unexpected event, not 19. And since playable day 16 is Ellie's day, with her having the most events she ever has on this day, and the day her route starts to branch, it's highly likely the "wild" event you're quoting is an event with her. And since what you're quoting is years old, and we've had those years to speculate, even it being "unexpected" can be taken with a tonne of salt.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It's really anyone's guess who will be the first person she cheats with. Things have moved so quickly on PD 12 that I think it forces us to reevaluate any hypothesis we had even a few months ago. I still don't think it'll be Dylan, but it could be someone we haven't even met yet. It's only a week away in game-time, so you would think that we would get an idea of who it's going to be fairly soon.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
... can be taken with a tonne of salt.
Just an FYI, you mean "taken with a grain of salt" meaning that you shouldn't place much value on the comment. the idea being that one grain of salt doesn't mean much and won't add much flavor. If you add a tonne of salt you're doing the opposite and giving the comment great value.

• Haha
Reactions: roro and DanThaMan

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Some clarity regarding this propaganda post above

Number 1) You can get a half-point for it, not more. The slower games you chose was extreme cherry picking, I half-expected you to bring up "My Wife´s a Star" and "Because I love her" as well. But I give you that they are equal or slower in development. But saying that BaDIK, Nadia or FB are exceptional on speedy development is "very creative with the Truth"! Some other quality(!) game developers beyond the mentioned, who blow AWAM out of the water on terms of development speed: 1thousand, After Choices, Eva Kiss, Mutt & Jeff, Ollane, Double Moon, InsaneErotica, Nefastus. Even King of Lust, Usagitriplesix (who has a viable excuse for his speed) and Xagrim (The Promise has taken on more speed lately) are still quicker by a margin!
And most damning is the fact, that L&P has proven with earlier updates that he can produce quicker but he simply does not want to!

Number 2) With your permission, but that is BS! It is not the slow burn, but L&P´s complete inability to deliver updates with sufficient frequency! At the beginning he talked about AWAM taking 6-10 years in development, that is already really slow, but borderline acceptable. With his current update speed, AWAM will take further 27(!) years to finish!:FacePalm:

Number 3) What a load of whitewash! Look at other slow burn games here on F95, you won´t hear many serious complains there. The Reason? The fans of these developers know that there will be consistently updates of some substance coming in with waits of 1-3 months.

Number 4) YES, he is milking! I doubt that all that many of his patrons would have started patroning him, if he stated from the start that AWAM will finish in the 2040s! But he knows he has enough suckers on board now and too many people don´t get the sunk cost fallacy. If you follow him just for his artwork, then it is okay, if you follow him for a finished game, you will be in for a surprise.
Besides, no one with an ounze of brain can truly believe that he will finish AWAM without massive changes to project maangment and workflow/speed! It does not work that way.

Number 5) Pardon me, but going for update size with a fixed render number is the wrong thing. You can produce e.g. 2000 renders which say nothing at all storywise. And in part we can see this in the 0.130 update quite nicely. If you would throw out 1/4-1/3 of the pics, you would still get the same story progression without quality loss, but a lot of saved time, would be a good thing considering that L&P get´s overtaken by snails on the left lane!

Number 6) Here we agree in part! That L&P has to change the direction of development if he wants to get AWAM completed, we agree 100%. But "a story larger than the rest" is a bit of hyperbole, "larger than most" is more correct. For instance the games by Eva Kiss or Mutt & Jeff are even more branching and variable than AWAM will be.
Most of your points are refuted by my last statement, we agree that the story requires a faster development.

1) Almost none of the games you mentioned reach a similar quality to this one. You said that "My Wife's a Star" is as slow as this one. Well, the renders are inferior by far and still is this slow. You mentioned several games done in Honey Select/Illussion. To put some perspective, the dev of Bad memories has worked in both engines, Daz and HS, he already finished one game in HS, and his game in Daz, BM, has not been updated in 7 months. He said that the development in HS is a lot faster, that there's no rendering time, but the quality outcome is clearly lower.

Eva Kiss delivers great quality of course, but in 2D, and it's very difficult to compare such different process. Also, she uses the same layers multiple times, when all characters look at the camera standing while they chat to each other, you don't need to work too much the poses and camera angles doing that.

Games in Daz like Dog Days of Summer and Bright Past do the same, the latter can deliver updates almost every month.

The other games in Daz that you mentioned have significantly lower quality, some of them don't even have a lighting treatment, with the exceptions of Because I Love Her, Deliverance and Free Pass, but the latter is done by two devs, it seems, and that's precisely my point: AWAM needs a team.

2) None of the games I mentioned are slow burn games as this one, they still take similar time to release updates and don't receive the same amount of hate. It's evident, it's because of the slow burn.

3) You should name other ultra slow burn games as this one. Also, the popularity increase the haters too.

4) You said that L&P milked his patrons because they didn't know it will take that much time to finish the story at the beginning. Well, we already know that there are several years left and in this month he got his biggest increase in patrons, 400. In 2019, in all that year he only increased 200. The opposite is happening.

5) This story uses more renders because is a slow burn. Although, I agree that he could reduce a lot of unnecessary renders in my opinion, but that's a matter of taste at the end, many people defend those "unnecessary" renders.

6) Again, different engines, hard to compare.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It's really anyone's guess who will be the first person she cheats with. Things have moved so quickly on PD 12 that I think it forces us to reevaluate any hypothesis we had even a few months ago. I still don't think it'll be Dylan, but it could be someone we haven't even met yet. It's only a week away in game-time, so you would think that we would get an idea of who it's going to be fairly soon.
Is there anyone that seriously thinks her first will be Dylan? In the latest update he only got as far as Patricia got on day 5.
Just an FYI, you mean "taken with a grain of salt" meaning that you shouldn't place much value on the comment. the idea being that one grain of salt doesn't mean much and won't add much flavor. If you add a tonne of salt you're doing the opposite and giving the comment great value.
Oh. I always thought a tonne of salt would render a meal as tasteless and boring as I've found the Dylan route. Far too much of it and doesn't actually contribute to anything. Hence my early references to preferring to eat cardboard.

My point being really is that is appears he has taken something that can be good, and just gone too far with it.

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Well no doubt she really is a middle aged MILF mom unlike other teenage moms.
Only if she had a body of Anna from Anna Exciting Affection than she would be a Perfect MILF.
I play & enjoy AEA & Anna has a gorgeous look but if Sophia ever gets so cartoonish it will be a travesty. She's already at the outer limits of buxom & believable. She needs a breast reduction & putting back into the proportions she had when she started out. This stereotype of the curvaceous "Mom" has become exaggerated to a point where many MCs look like they've been inflated with a foot pump from a garage forecourt, when someone mistook them for a set of tyres. Sophia stays just the right side of this extreme. I prefer my pixel women to look like women who could actually exist without tipping forwards, or indicating they were coming round the corner 30 seconds before their face arrives.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Dev said that first extra martial intercourse of Sophia would happen on P.D 19.
He said that it would be with someone never anyone have thought about.
I feel like it would be with Aiden and not because of blackmail but eventually she will fall for him.
Is there anyone that seriously thinks her first will be Dylan? In the latest update he only got as far as Patricia got on day 5.
I have no doubt that many people are doing mental gymnastics trying to concoct a way for Dylan to have sex with Sophia immediately.
It is not Aiden, nor Sam and Dylan

• Hey there
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
He is just slow as turtle.
Till now, we would have been playing p.day 19 if he had just worked fast.
I wonder no one of his patron ever dare to ask him about slow updates.
Because apparently, they enjoy the glacial pace. Which, since it is their prerogative since they're the ones paying for it, is their choice. So those of us like me that pirate the game, means the rest of us just need to put up and shut up. Fortunately, there are those like me, with a little investigationing, can find games with devs that update quicker and with more content

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
SOME CLARITY REGARDING THE DISCONFORMITY

Is Lust&Passion really that slow?

All these games are either much younger or having so much more progress.
Even some of the youngest ones.And BARS is already at the ending.
The problem is that on good wife route we are still waiting to see her pussy.
No matter the fact she have what? 3 -4 times sex with Liam.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Because apparently, they enjoy the glacial pace. Which, since it is their prerogative since they're the ones paying for it, is their choice. So those of us like me that pirate the game, means the rest of us just need to put up and shut up. Fortunately, there are those like me, with a little investigationing, can find games with devs that update quicker and with more content
To be charitable, it's a lesson for future devs. The scope of this game is just unbelievably ambitious considering the size of the team and the quality of the renders. This game should have been maybe a quarter of the scope, maybe then we would have a completed game in five years.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
SOME CLARITY REGARDING THE DISCONFORMITY

Is Lust&Passion really that slow?

Why some people think he is the slower one?

Why so much disconformity then?

Is L&P milking his patrons?

Are there solutions to reduce the hate?

Besides of that, are you saying that L&P isn't doing anything wrong?

a total L, &,P DEFEDER . he.s not doing anything wrong . only de,layed to the last.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes