t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
This I feel is way too harsh and can only be seen as a means of settling a personal vendetta. I mean what if the landlady and other similar relations and plot are a genuine thing, how are they even going to decipher which is genuine and which is not. There is no concrete basis. They don't like a game so they can terminate it without any justification while letting some other similar game exist.
Yes, that has not happened in any other endeavor in current events. The people in charge always play fairly. Yup! They never assert their biased views on anything. They always ignore the sophistry to circumvent their rules, no matter how brazen. The look only and always look at specific facts. Yup! Totally fair and balanced. Not a biased bone in their bodies.:devilish::ROFLMAO:

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
Is there a 64-bit version of this game for Windows? I can't get the game to play and I'm thinking that might be the reason why.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020

Are you really arguing that Patreon could come down hard on games with actual landlord relationships? Are you really concerned about the Renter Kink could be threatened? Are you really telling me that you:

A) Think these exist in any significant numbers?
B) Think Patreon can't tell the difference?

I'm not kink shaming, but let's not pretend like hundreds of devs aren't intentionally skirting the rules and that we all know about it. In the many, many, MANY, links here on F95 that I've clicked, I have never run across a relationship that was classified as "landlady" that wasn't code for "mom/aunt/sister". This is one of the core concerns I've always had with a game like AWAM, that a platform like Patreon is a risky venture for a game that may take a decade to complete. If you ask me, if Patreon continues to grow (or wants to continue to grow) eventually it's going to need to clean up/crack down on rule violations; it's just how this sort of business evolves. We all know the game that's being played, so let's not pretend like we're really afraid that there will be unintentional consequences when we know that a "game" like DOL is a complete charade.

Also, I have no idea if there's any validity to the rumor; so we probably shouldn't hit the panic button. If no one else has heard this then it's likely a bullshit rumor to begin with.
I heard it somewhere too but don’t remember which thread it was in, but if Patreon did boot all games with incest off their platform, they will lose millions & subscribestar will benefit

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
There are a few things I disagree with.

Liam does not take Dylan to games because he is at his job. Why will he leave work just to drop Dylan to the games when Sophia is free around that time and can do it. In a normal household ( though this household is no longer normal but still ) responsibilities are shared.

Dylan in my eyes hasn't changed much even after the jogging event. He stood up for his mother that's a good thing but apart from that, his conversation with Sophia right from the start of the event was way more direct and always falling back to something sexual or inappropriate to talk to your mother about, something he has been doing in all the events. The first opportunity he got to grab her butt, he took it. He's still just as perverted, the next event should give us a better picture, because in this event all the perversion and inappropriateness gets clouded because Dylan stands up for Sophia.

About the hobos, I don't think it has anything to do with Dylan taking advantage of the situation or anything to do with how it is unfair to fight a drunk man. Those guys were saying and gesturing all sorts of despicable things to his mother. Anyone would lose their mind. How can he let slide when his mother is being harassed.

It could but the likeliness is very small. The game he gives away on patreon does not have any incest at all.
Like you, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your comments as well. So let me try to rebut some of your comments here.

"Liam does not take Dylan to games because he is at his job. Why will he leave work just to drop Dylan to the games when Sophia is free around that time and can do it. In a normal household ( though this household is no longer normal but still ) responsibilities are shared."

First of all, Liam doesn't work 24hrs a day and 7days a week every day. He does get time off as well. Also, Sophia teaches at a school as a primary job and has two other side job tasks. Here are two examples of Liam not taking Dylan to practice, and this happened on the weekend of days 14 and 15.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You talk about shared responsibility, but in the examples I provided, you can clearly see that on Saturday, Liam went to work for a little bit then went to then picked up alcohol for the game they watched on TV that evening, only to follow up with Liam going fishing in the morning. I think the story text from both previews speaks for itself. Liam made it sound it was a chore for him to take Dylan to practice instead of taking an interest in Dylan and take some responsibility in this scene. Which you can also see him teasing Dylan about the sport he plays to Sophia. So yes, my thoughts shift to him being an Asshole overall, as you can find more examples in the novel.

"Dylan in my eyes hasn't changed much even after the jogging event. He stood up for his mother that's a good thing but apart from that, his conversation with Sophia right from the start of the event was way more direct and always falling back to something sexual or inappropriate to talk to your mother about, something he has been doing in all the events. The first opportunity he got to grab her butt, he took it. He's still just as perverted, the next event should give us a better picture, because in this event all the perversion and inappropriateness gets clouded because Dylan stands up for Sophia."

Everyone in this novel has a Sexual or Inappropriate comment with Sophia. Hell, Ellie and Patricia are prime examples of this. Suppose you watch the shower scenes with Sophia/Ellie and the pool event with Julie or the club scene and yoga event that is way beyond inappropriate for their current relationship. It's no different than what Dylan is doing now; the only difference is Dylan is touching her through her fabric, and Ellie has some close "Skinship" going on right now.

Also, When you follow Dylan from the start. He was really perverted. Dylan looks like he was making his own "First Person Shooter" game, Spying, Begging Sophia to show her body for the first 11 P.Ds. Now when they jog together, IMO, they are having a mature conversation because they are still in the "SEX-ED," LOL, phase of the novel. So she is still teaching Dylan about women up to this point. Now touching her butt was over the top, but I wonder if L&P was trying to do this out of an impulse to show self-confidence booster for Dylan to defend Sophia. This is why I thought the fight scene was not the correct event to use to "Break the Ice" with Sophia and Dylan.

"About the hobos, I don't think it has anything to do with Dylan taking advantage of the situation or anything to do with how it is unfair to fight a drunk man. Those guys were saying and gesturing all sorts of despicable things to his mother. Anyone would lose their mind. How can he let slide when his mother is being harassed."

Again, anyone who's been around drunk people knows that they say and do obnoxious things. It's called being impaired. Usually, people tell drunk people to move along, or you leave it alone and move along. Now, IMO, if the scene played out differently like if Dylan stopped by the park restroom with Sophia and as he came out and saw the hobo trying to hit on her and invading her personal space, like the subway thugs, and he rushed over to defend her, I could see that playing out better because it went from being obnoxious to getting too close which would make Sophia feel uncomfortable.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I've installed it. Now what? The game's applications' behaviors haven't changed.
Now try to launch the game through RenPy SDK or recompile the game.

Make sure the game appears on the left panel in RenPy SDK. If it isn't, switch to "preferences/settings" and set path to the game.

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
Now try to launch the game through RenPy SDK or recompile the game.

Make sure the game appears on the left panel in RenPy SDK. If it isn't, switch to "preferences/settings" and set path to the game.
How do I do that? There are two applications with Ren'Py and both of them only open up a white window.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
How do I do that? There are two programs with Ren'Py and both of them only open up a white window.
If you don't see something like this, when you run renpy(-32).exe, then your system is either outdated or fucked. Apparently you have issues running other games as well as can be seen in your post history. Pretty much that your system is fucked and that you need to reinstall Windows etc.
1628524577980.png

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
If you don't see something like this, when you run renpy(-32).exe, then your system is either outdated or fucked. Apparently you have issues running other games as well as can be seen in your post history. Pretty much that your system is fucked and that you need to reinstall Windows etc.
I'll go with outdated. I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. I'm not going to be able to play this game, am I?

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Like you, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your comments as well. So let me try to rebut some of your comments here.

"Liam does not take Dylan to games because he is at his job. Why will he leave work just to drop Dylan to the games when Sophia is free around that time and can do it. In a normal household ( though this household is no longer normal but still ) responsibilities are shared."

First of all, Liam doesn't work 24hrs a day and 7days a week every day. He does get time off as well. Also, Sophia teaches at a school as a primary job and has two other side job tasks. Here are two examples of Liam not taking Dylan to practice, and this happened on the weekend of days 14 and 15.

You talk about shared responsibility, but in the examples I provided, you can clearly see that on Saturday, Liam went to work for a little bit then went to then picked up alcohol for the game they watched on TV that evening, only to follow up with Liam going fishing in the morning. I think the story text from both previews speaks for itself. Liam made it sound it was a chore for him to take Dylan to practice instead of taking an interest in Dylan and take some responsibility in this scene. Which you can also see him teasing Dylan about the sport he plays to Sophia. So yes, my thoughts shift to him being an Asshole overall, as you can find more examples in the novel.

"Dylan in my eyes hasn't changed much even after the jogging event. He stood up for his mother that's a good thing but apart from that, his conversation with Sophia right from the start of the event was way more direct and always falling back to something sexual or inappropriate to talk to your mother about, something he has been doing in all the events. The first opportunity he got to grab her butt, he took it. He's still just as perverted, the next event should give us a better picture, because in this event all the perversion and inappropriateness gets clouded because Dylan stands up for Sophia."

Everyone in this novel has a Sexual or Inappropriate comment with Sophia. Hell, Ellie and Patricia are prime examples of this. Suppose you watch the shower scenes with Sophia/Ellie and the pool event with Julie or the club scene and yoga event that is way beyond inappropriate for their current relationship. It's no different than what Dylan is doing now; the only difference is Dylan is touching her through her fabric, and Ellie has some close "Skinship" going on right now.

Also, When you follow Dylan from the start. He was really perverted. Dylan looks like he was making his own "First Person Shooter" game, Spying, Begging Sophia to show her body for the first 11 P.Ds. Now when they jog together, IMO, they are having a mature conversation because they are still in the "SEX-ED," LOL, phase of the novel. So she is still teaching Dylan about women up to this point. Now touching her butt was over the top, but I wonder if L&P was trying to do this out of an impulse to show self-confidence booster for Dylan to defend Sophia. This is why I thought the fight scene was not the correct event to use to "Break the Ice" with Sophia and Dylan.

"About the hobos, I don't think it has anything to do with Dylan taking advantage of the situation or anything to do with how it is unfair to fight a drunk man. Those guys were saying and gesturing all sorts of despicable things to his mother. Anyone would lose their mind. How can he let slide when his mother is being harassed."

Again, anyone who's been around drunk people knows that they say and do obnoxious things. It's called being impaired. Usually, people tell drunk people to move along, or you leave it alone and move along. Now, IMO, if the scene played out differently like if Dylan stopped by the park restroom with Sophia and as he came out and saw the hobo trying to hit on her and invading her personal space, like the subway thugs, and he rushed over to defend her, I could see that playing out better because it went from being obnoxious to getting too close which would make Sophia feel uncomfortable.
Now the flaws in your explanation imo.

1. Liam does not work 24/7 yes but he is at work during the time when Dylan needs to be taken to practice. So he can't take him there.
Sophia's "primary job" is only part-time for 2 periods 3 days of the week. The side job, she pretty much chooses which day to go and which day not to. The second side job just started. And she can only be doing "1" sidejob not both.

Day 14 Liam does not take Dylan to his practice but that is because he has to go to work, he will be back by afternoon and Dylan needs to be taken there in 2 hrs. He can't do it. He definitely isn't making an excuse because the guy is shown to be genuinely busy all week round so preparing something for Monday doesn't sound that unbelievable. Plus ofcourse anyone would chose dropping there son off to practice than make an excuse and go to work. He also acknowledged that maybe Sophia IS right and he shouldn't make fun of his sports choice. And I don't think he has made fun of it again after that ( though I am not certain on this and needs to be checked )

On day 15 now, as previously mentioned Liam is busy. He leaves early in the morning before anyone wakes up and comes back home late, all day long he is working, he gets one Sunday to relax and you think on that day he should again spend it doing things, can't a man atleast take a day's break. If you think that then you're just being way too harsh. Liam is clearly working more than 12 hrs a day.

2. Okay, you are forgetting that even in the bikini event ( last proper scene with Dylan before the jogging event ) he acts way more mature in the solo Dylan scene. He tries to be professional which is acknowledged by Sophia herself. He takes the occasional liberty to push the boundary but he does that in the jogging event too. But you consider him immature until day 11 and suddenly just one event makes him mature even though there is no reduction in his perversion but just an additional good act. Just one event can't be a basis for considering a character is now taking a turn. You need to see a few more events and then only can a conclusion be reached if there is an actual change.

3. Okay, this could be your outlook.. But keeping personal thoughts aside. You are talking about a more mature outlook to this situation. This is a 16 yr old boy you are talking about, who is clearly immature as established Throughout the story. Even in this very event we see he is still immature as he mentions he is taking revenge on those who were trying to bully him recently. Teenagers are hot headed and are ready to throw fists at the slightest excuse. So it a perfectly logically approach in the way the scene is written. Also Dylan is very possessive about his mother, enough evidence of that is available in the game.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes