Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Overall it will not improve PD rate. Second, by going event, he has so many intertwined paths it could become a logistical nighmare for him to keep his story lines linked. Ultimately, there is a failure in his management and he likely will never correct it. I would also be concerend that he would not produce any faster as the events could still be obsessed over and PD rate could take an even worse hit. He needs to be producing PDs not partials. Anything short of a PD has disaster written on it. We have seen the proof of that.
No, it won't improve the PDs unless he finds a way to speed up the process, which I don't think will be the case. That time passed during the infant stages of the novel. IMO, the only two ways he can do this now is either start writing other characters out of the story or reboot the story and remove characters and maybe some storyline that could be irrelevant. However, he may get backlash over this move if he uses this as an option. As you said, failure in his management.

The only other option is to take it down to releasing events now since he's choosing to do this on his own. This is because he doesn't want the help or can't find the people with the skillset he's looking for right now. So the only option I see viable right now, Is to bring them out as events. We discuss before that he may move to 1/4 day releases. This could be the start of it right now. I think his members and others knew that the first two events should have been easy for him as most of it was already existing models he could use based on the location of the event, The Parker's Home. The evening events are going to take place at two new locations, The club (Concert), and Cathy/Andy (Their Apartment or House), which could end up with the same or more renders as the Sophia/Aiden event because we know that an evening event is a major event.

"He needs to be producing PDs not partials. Anything short of a PD has disaster written on it."

You do realize that he stated this P.D.12 on 10/7/2020, The first post.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

He has 79+ characters in his character directory, not including the art teacher and art students from the Sophia/Aiden event. You can bet that most of these characters will interact with Sophia at some point no matter how minor it could be. So if you want him to return to the One PD as a release period, He would need to trim the fat of character and story, find help, or cut down on the CS/Renders. Which you and I both know he will most likely not do this.

If by chance, L&P manage to release this update between October and December, He would have spent One Full Year or One Full Year and a couple of months on one P.D. If I had to make a prediction, I do see 1/4 days coming in the future which may be event-based.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
He has 79+ characters in his character directory, not including the art teacher and art students from the Sophia/Aiden event. You can bet that most of these characters will interact with Sophia at some point no matter how minor it could be. So if you want him to return to the One PD as a release period, He would need to trim the fat of character and story, find help, or cut down on the CS/Renders. Which you and I both know he will most likely not do this.

If by chance, L&P manage to release this update between October and December, He would have spent One Full Year or One Full Year and a couple of months on one P.D. If I had to make a prediction, I do see 1/4 days coming in the future which may be event-based.
This would be great if he was writing a book where he could go back and forth between the characters fairly quickly, but with a visual novel I tend to agree it is a lot to include given how just dealing with a few characters can take an enormous amount of time with renders and dialog. His Patreon page says he wants to make more games like this one and I for one would like to see more games by L&P. However I don't see him ever getting the chance to even begin another game if he doesn't get help with this one.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This would be great if he was writing a book where he could go back and forth between the characters fairly quickly, but with a visual novel I tend to agree it is a lot to include given how just dealing with a few characters can take an enormous amount of time with renders and dialog. His Patreon page says he wants to make more games like this one and I for one would like to see more games by L&P. However I don't see him ever getting the chance to even begin another game if he doesn't get help with this one.
He'll never make another game unless he abandons, or otherwise prematurely ends, AWAM.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
He'll never make another game unless he abandons, or otherwise prematurely ends, AWAM.
He doesn't need to end it prematurely, just get help in producing the updates. One person can only do so much. Everybody who undertakes a venture to produce something for the masses, be it something as small as a book to as large as a building, needs the help of others to complete their goal and L&P is no exception.

Reactions: Bane71

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
He doesn't need to end it prematurely, just get help in producing the updates. One person can only do so much. Everybody who undertakes a venture to produce something for the masses, be it something as small as a book to as large as a building, needs the help of others to complete their goal and L&P is no exception.
Sure, but in my opinion it's more likely that he either abandons or prematurely ends AWAM than it is for him to get additional help. But either scenario seems unlikely, so I just don't see him making another game ever again.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
No, it won't improve the PDs unless he finds a way to speed up the process, which I don't think will be the case. That time passed during the infant stages of the novel. IMO, the only two ways he can do this now is either start writing other characters out of the story or reboot the story and remove characters and maybe some storyline that could be irrelevant. However, he may get backlash over this move if he uses this as an option. As you said, failure in his management.
He could do this now & use the poll results as a guide. Unfortunately from my POV, this would probably mean the continuation of the two side jobs, (always my favourites for being written out) but at least it would be a positive move. I mean, how many fans want to see the two thugs again & can those fans live without their reappearance in the interests of moving forward?

Minor characters don't even absolutely need to be written out & could just fade from events. They could still be mentioned by the cast occasionally, or even make a cameo or background appearance. Most of us must have seen this done with soap operas. Mr. Murray would be my first choice for such a role.

It should be easy & in the abscence of helpers/staff, might be relatively painless. I once saw a site dedicated to soap characters who'd "gone upstairs" never to come down again!

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
L&P will never ask for help, it has already been widely said, the only help it seems to have sought was in translation; but we have evidence that it was a disaster as L & P's way of working is totally out of this world; the fact the result was that the translation was a few pages per day.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Time is not on his side. He is looking at retiring making this game. That is not a cash statement it is a time statement. He is 33 (according to him in a chat we had once). He will be near 55+ when this ends at current rate. Yup, not gonna happen.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
He has taken on a translator for help and that is it. He is unwilling to bring in others since the art is his reason. No one will every measure up. I don't fault him that it is just a fact. If he were capable of managing a team he would be able to direct the work at a much higher production rate. However, he would lose his contact with the art. Pretty sure that is a no go for him. Maybe he should be looking at other areas to farm out (Coding, Rendering, possibly even the PS where he could just fix as required vice doing it all). Yes he could but, he won't.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
He could do this now & use the poll results as a guide. Unfortunately from my POV, this would probably mean the continuation of the two side jobs, (always my favourites for being written out) but at least it would be a positive move. I mean, how many fans want to see the two thugs again & can those fans live without their reappearance in the interests of moving forward?

Minor characters don't even absolutely need to be written out & could just fade from events. They could still be mentioned by the cast occasionally, or even make a cameo or background appearance. Most of us must have seen this done with soap operas. Mr. Murray would be my first choice for such a role.

It should be easy & in the abscence of helpers/staff, might be relatively painless. I once saw a site dedicated to soap characters who'd "gone upstairs" never to come down again!
The problem with the poll was that it was possible to vote for multiple characters .
Taking your example of mr Murray, let’s say for example that he represent 5% of the votes, and the old guys on the 1st side job 5% too.
How much does the “old guys” kink is really favored in this game?
Does everybody who voted for mr Murray voted for the 2 old guys too?
So the “old guys kink” only represent 5% of the patreons.
Or if nobody that voted for mr Murray voted for the 2 old guys, then we are closer to 10%.

The same goes for the incest gang. Put together, Dylan, Ellie and Nathalie represent something like 30% in total.
But maybe not because it’s possible that many people who voted for Dylan, voted for Patricia and Ellie too.
So maybe the incest kink is “only” appreciated by 20% of patreons.

Some characters didn’t appeared between the 2 polls (Sam, Nathalie) while other just had a big event (Aiden), or are over-represented (Dylan) or are in the most sexy scenes (Ellie, Alyssa).

If he wanted to know the popularity of each characters, he should have made a ranking poll. Like :“here’s 30 characters from the game, ranks them by giving them a mark between 100 and 0.

(Sorry for the google trad)

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
The problem with the poll was that it was possible to vote for multiple characters .
Taking your example of mr Murray, let’s say for example that he represent 5% of the votes, and the old guys on the 1st side job 5% too.
How much does the “old guys” kink is really favored in this game?
Does everybody who voted for mr Murray voted for the 2 old guys too?
So the “old guys kink” only represent 5% of the patreons.
Or if nobody that voted for mr Murray voted for the 2 old guys, then we are closer to 10%.

The same goes for the incest gang. Put together, Dylan, Ellie and Nathalie represent something like 30% in total.
But maybe not because it’s possible that many people who voted for Dylan, voted for Patricia and Ellie too.
So maybe the incest kink is “only” appreciated by 20% of patreons.

Some characters didn’t appeared between the 2 polls (Sam, Nathalie) while other just had a big event (Aiden), or are over-represented (Dylan) or are in the most sexy scenes (Ellie, Alyssa).

If he wanted to know the popularity of each characters, he should have made a ranking poll. Like :“here’s 30 characters from the game, ranks them by giving them a mark between 100 and 0.

(Sorry for the google trad)
I see what you mean & it could skew things. Really I was thinking more about the time-saving element but perhaps if he ever did this he should implement a different kind of voting system. Normally I don't like polls in games/VNs, (which is a polite understatement) but it's been obvious for a couple of years that something needs to change if there's going to be any chance of this game finishing. Even if it were to be abandoned, for whatever reason, it would be nice to reach a point where Sophia had sex with someone other than Liam, before this happened.

Perhaps L&P could first decide on a number of characters &/or scenarios for potential cuts then put them to the vote. I envisage a simple 'last past the post' system, again to save time.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I see what you mean & it could skew things. Really I was thinking more about the time-saving element but perhaps if he ever did this he should implement a different kind of voting system. Normally I don't like polls in games/VNs, (which is a polite understatement) but it's been obvious for a couple of years that something needs to change if there's going to be any chance of this game finishing. Even if it were to be abandoned, for whatever reason, it would be nice to reach a point where Sophia had sex with someone other than Liam, before this happened.

Perhaps L&P could first decide on a number of characters &/or scenarios for potential cuts then put them to the vote. I envisage a simple 'last past the post' system, again to save time.
While I generally agree with your point that there's too much fat and it should be cut, I'll just express some caution. Cutting content can send a bad message, and can hurt subscriptions if the game gets an odor of soon to be abandoned. It's a fine line to walk and I don't envy L&P if he tries to do this. Though, that said, he would be better off trying to do it because the current plan won't work. If I were writing the story, I wouldn't so much "cut" any content, I would just give the content an abbreviated ending. The nursing home side job would be easy to cut. Give Sophia extra hours at the school that make the nursing home job untenable. On her last day she could wear the new outfit for the guys without fear of being fired, and could have some fun with them as a going away present. It would be a satisfactory end to the story without having to abruptly cut it or make characters do out of character actions.

But we all know none of this will happen because L&P doesn't give a crap about outside opinions.

Gandhifire

Jun 7, 2019
While I generally agree with your point that there's too much fat and it should be cut, I'll just express some caution. Cutting content can send a bad message, and can hurt subscriptions if the game gets an odor of soon to be abandoned. It's a fine line to walk and I don't envy L&P if he tries to do this. Though, that said, he would be better off trying to do it because the current plan won't work. If I were writing the story, I wouldn't so much "cut" any content, I would just give the content an abbreviated ending. The nursing home side job would be easy to cut. Give Sophia extra hours at the school that make the nursing home job untenable. On her last day she could wear the new outfit for the guys without fear of being fired, and could have some fun with them as a going away present. It would be a satisfactory end to the story without having to abruptly cut it or make characters do out of character actions.

But we all know none of this will happen because L&P doesn't give a crap about outside opinions.
Heyyyy, we need the nursing home story GingerSweetGirl.

No way it's getting deleted!

sphynks80

Dec 9, 2017
people and someone had problems in the game like whatever you did dylan could not win in the park:unsure::rolleyes:
if you are referring to the sequence of numbers to be typed quickly, let the fast typing fail, then just remember this sequence, go back to the starting point when you are asked for the numbers and type them calmly already knowing the sequence. It is not difficult at all. Then if the problem is another I don't know.

Reactions: Bane71

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
The way you've written this made me laugh. It's almost as if you are saying "He thinks he is 33 but I don't believe it. He doesn't yet know how old he is" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The most efficient way for him is to let someone else do the RS and a complete delegation of the translation work. If he only does CS he stays connected with the art and PS as it is does not take much time. It won't really be worth giving it over to someone else. Later he could also delegate the CS of less important scenes and fillers during scene transition to someone else and focus only on doing the important and challenging scenes. This one again satisfies his desire for producing the art and rapidly boosts speed. Delegating the rendering work alone will reduce the update time considerably.
He said he was 33. I just don't believe much of what he says. Is he older or younger is not the point, add in the time to completion and he is nearing age 55. That was the point based on HIS reference age. Just saying completion will take 20 some years may not resonate with some folks, saying he literally will be nearing retirement age may get someones attention as to how ridiculous the production rate is now.

Do you believe everything he says? I have read your posts and you clearly have questions as well.:):cool:

Reactions: Sabertooth__
Aug 16, 2021
if you are referring to the sequence of numbers to be typed quickly, let the fast typing fail, then just remember this sequence, go back to the starting point when you are asked for the numbers and type them calmly already knowing the sequence. It is not difficult at all. Then if the problem is another I don't know.
It’s just that I’m getting a pair of balls that I need but nothing changes and Dylan can’t win

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes