Adolfo

Jun 5, 2017
At this point in the discussion I’d like to suggest that you take a step back and consider the image from the second teaser about the evening event of Sam's performance at the biker bar.
In particular I’d like you to consider what is supposed to be Sam's car (Pontiac Firebird 68):
I'll preface this by saying that I know next to nothing about these kinds of cars (I don't think I've even seen a muscle car up close), but doesn't it look disproportionately oversized?
It's parked next to a van and looks twice as long. Sam leaning on the back of the car can barely get his elbow up to trunk height and the wheels look bigger than the van.
I'm asking this question because while surfing the net looking for more information about this car (and its ) I found a request for help in one of the Daz3d forums where this problem is reported ( ).
View attachment 1394355
Also making a comparison with some images in which the real 1968 Pontiac Firebird is shown:
View attachment 1394359 View attachment 1394360 View attachment 1394361
it appears clearly how the model (Adrienne Janic) can easily sit on the car hood, while Sam (and like him all the other members of his band) would need a ladder to do so.
What do you guys think? Is it just my perception?
In case I'm not wrong I hope that, since we are still in the making of the next update, L&P can intervene to make more realistic the dimensions of what, especially in the next updates, could be the real turning point of the relationship between Sam and Sophia.
The solution.

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
The solution.
I thank you for sharing this conversation with L&P, but this was already made clear to me by the post on the daz3d forum I just mentioned. The problem that I think remains unresolved is that a car that in reality should be about 1.30 m tall ( ) looks much bigger in its 3d version (Sam and the other band members seem to be little taller than the car). So I wonder if it's possible to reduce its size to make it more realistic.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I thank you for sharing this conversation with L&P, but this was already made clear to me by the post on the daz3d forum I just mentioned. The problem that I think remains unresolved is that a car that in reality should be about 1.30 m tall ( ) looks much bigger in its 3d version (Sam and the other band members seem to be little taller than the car). So I wonder if it's possible to reduce its size to make it more realistic.
It is probably possible to reduce the size of cars and bring other proportions of objects and people in the game into line with reality, but this will definitely take a very long time, which is already not enough for the development of the game!

I would prefer to leave everything as it is, without delving into these problems.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
At this point in the discussion I’d like to suggest that you take a step back and consider the image from the second teaser about the evening event of Sam's performance at the biker bar.
In particular I’d like you to consider what is supposed to be Sam's car (Pontiac Firebird 68):
I'll preface this by saying that I know next to nothing about these kinds of cars (I don't think I've even seen a muscle car up close), but doesn't it look disproportionately oversized?
It's parked next to a van and looks twice as long. Sam leaning on the back of the car can barely get his elbow up to trunk height and the wheels look bigger than the van.
I'm asking this question because while surfing the net looking for more information about this car (and its ) I found a request for help in one of the Daz3d forums where this problem is reported ( ).
View attachment 1394355
Also making a comparison with some images in which the real 1968 Pontiac Firebird is shown:
View attachment 1394359 View attachment 1394360 View attachment 1394361
it appears clearly how the model (Adrienne Janic) can easily sit on the car hood, while Sam (and like him all the other members of his band) would need a ladder to do so.
What do you guys think? Is it just my perception?
In case I'm not wrong I hope that, since we are still in the making of the next update, L&P can intervene to make more realistic the dimensions of what, especially in the next updates, could be the real turning point of the relationship between Sam and Sophia.
OK, the van looks like a chevy astro minivan. Short but, tall. In fact too tall for most garages of the day hence low sales vice the Chrysler products when mini vans started. Two, Sam has oversized tires which probably requires a suspension lift so he does not shred them on the wheel well and damage the wheel well. This would jack the car up. However, I agree that Sam still looks puny next to it. He should at least have his ass level with the hood. It is not like he has monster truck wheels on. Please see the beautiful supercharged Nova below. Just Sayin'!

Solcom

Sep 15, 2017
I'll agree. If Sophia and Patricia arrive at the bar together, and then go home together, that leaves very narrow window for anything to happen with Sam. If this event is actually a Patricia and Sophia event instead of Sam and Sophia, then ok maybe that makes more sense; but our understanding is that this event exists to advance the relationship with Sam. If Sophia leaves the bar with Patricia without some significant progress with Sam, it's going to feel like like the Sam storyline is spinning its wheels.
Patricia is more open mind than Sophia. When Patrica notice some romance intention of Sam vs Sophia. She will agree to let Sam take Sophia Home.

Patrica Always push Sophia to get more Sexual Free.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
So what you were suggesting here is that the concert and Cathy's event are interleaved?
I mean, what if during the concert Sophia gets the call to go to Cathy's, at that point she has to leave under the disheartened eyes of Sam who is still performing. Cathy's event happens and once they get back Sophia e.g. randomly meets Sam coming back from the concert and that's the solo moment (I don't know where though, but in a "simpler" environment). I mean something like that, where the two sub events "concert" and "solo moment" happen at different time of the night, with Cathy's event in between.

That could make sense whether Sam's event plays or not (being optional)
This would actually make some sense, at Cathy's Sophia is having some drinks and when she comes home Liam being Liam goes to sleep and leaves Sophia hanging she goes down stairs maybe starting a bottle of vine alone in her yard and boom that's when Sam comes home...

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
It is probably possible to reduce the size of cars and bring other proportions of objects and people in the game into line with reality, but this will definitely take a very long time, which is already not enough for the development of the game!

I would prefer to leave everything as it is, without delving into these problems.
It doesn't take a lot of time, there is a universal scale setting in DAZ that can be used to scale an object and all it's child objects. It's a few seconds at most.

I agree we don't want L&P going through every scene and checking assets for scale, and especially the characters, but discrepancies between things like the van next to the car are easily avoidable.

Goga011

Sep 15, 2018
When you are 5 foot high all cars looks oversized ;)
Kevin-Hart-Mustang.jpg

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
OK, the van looks like a chevy astro minivan. Short but, tall. In fact too tall for most garages of the day hence low sales vice the Chrysler products when mini vans started. Two, Sam has oversized tires which probably requires a suspension lift so he does not shred them on the wheel well and damage the wheel well. This would jack the car up. However, I agree that Sam still looks puny next to it. He should at least have his ass level with the hood. It is not like he has monster truck wheels on. Please see the beautiful supercharged Nova below. Just Sayin'!
I prefer Takumi's AE 86 Trueno. :p
1631123614816.png

r0rschack

Jan 22, 2021
I’m sorry, is having an update once every six months not bad enough for you?

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
This would actually make some sense, at Cathy's Sophia is having some drinks and when she comes home Liam being Liam goes to sleep and leaves Sophia hanging she goes down stairs maybe starting a bottle of vine alone in her yard and boom that's when Sam comes home...
the Tree house?Sophie and sam meet there or another visit to Sam room :unsure:
As far as we know, L&P said the alcohol won't be a factor in this event, or at least it is not going to have much influence.
Apart from that, this is the other possibility.

And if we really want to involve the tree house, maybe Sam will be sobbing or sulking inside the tree house because the concert was not a success, Sophia's left, both of them, etc. Sophia could go there to console him. Similarly to the previous day event at the pool but this time Sophia will come over.
For the expert out there, is this the asset for the tree house , it seems so to me (with some scaling maybe):
1631132779989.png
1631132825126.png

It seems a little bit smaller for two but for sure it can give some intimacy.

Personally I think it won't go down the pity/drama route. If really Sophia has to leave during the concert, sure he can play the guilty card card. But I have the impression that this is more a "romantic" route (not with "pure" intentions, though). Could there be a different scenario than a concert fiasco that leads to an intimate/solo moment? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FavenXXX and Bane71

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Some of you boys have very active imaginations! The theories you come up with for these scenes are always very elaborate. I would put money on the line that the Sam storyline will not be continued in this update after leaving the bar. There won't be an after party at the house, no whimsical meeting in the tree house, no alcohol to blur her judgment. Whatever progress Sam makes will happen at the bar. The most you'll get is Sam giving Sophia a ride home.

If anything happens in the tree house I swear to God I'll change my avatar to Sam's shit eating grin and a caption of "I Luv L&P". Or something equally absurd. That's how confident I am that nothing will happen in the treehouse.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Some of you boys have very active imaginations! The theories you come up with for these scenes are always very elaborate. I would put money on the line that the Sam storyline will not be continued in this update after leaving the bar. There won't be an after party at the house, no whimsical meeting in the tree house, no alcohol to blur her judgment. Whatever progress Sam makes will happen at the bar. The most you'll get is Sam giving Sophia a ride home.

If anything happens in the tree house I swear to God I'll change my avatar to Sam's shit eating grin and a caption of "I Luv L&P". Or something equally absurd. That's how confident I am that nothing will happen in the treehouse.
Smart girl :ROFLMAO:.
Of course no one will go up to the treehouse. It'll be pretty dark and it's Sam's house. In real life, what would it be like to have Sam's mom see you coming down from the tree house? Or Neil? Or Julia. Too risky.

Wanna bet there won't be an interesting scene after the concert? And after they leave the bar?
If you lose I have some interesting ideas that Aiden should be ashamed of :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes