Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Well there are times when in two days gap itself RS moves by 5%. Just because he doesn't update two things together doesn't mean that the other hasn't been worked on at all. Nor does complete each day's work and eagerly goes to update it. It can very well be he completed his 5% in two days but was tired and updated it on the third day when he opened patreon.

At present CS shows 80%,now it doesn't mean it is actually at 80. It is definitely more but less than 85 so not yet updated.
Not singling you out because there's a lot of this type of thing going on, but you provide a great example of the kind of debate that confuses me - not because I don't understand the point you're trying to make, but why you think it is actually a point at all.
L&P says, on his own site, which he has 100% control over, that since the last time he gave a progress report he's completed another 5% of the rendering. Folks with less experience and inferior rigs (and people like me with almost no experience and a laughably poor excuse for a render machine) point out that that's not a lot of rendering for three days given his hardware and years of experience.

To that, you respond with speculation. I agree, just because L&P didn't update the CS % doesn't mean that he didn't do any CS over the last three days, but it also doesn't mean that he did. It's speculation, simple as.

Now, putting that aside (and hopefully not starting a feud?), we should all agree that L&P's progress of late has been very promising and at this point there's no reason to think he won't get this release done by end of November. That's still five full months but at least it ain't six.

Reactions: palmtrees89

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Now, putting that aside (and hopefully not starting a feud?), we should all agree that L&P's progress of late has been very promising and at this point there's no reason to think he won't get this release done by end of November. That's still five full months but at least it ain't six.
I really do hope you're right, but I have my doubts. Call me crazy, but everytime this thread goes apeshit for a couple pages about L&P's absence and weeks without any progression made on the bars, he suddenly manages to do a big leap on both the CS and RS front within a couple days. If the same thing happens on his patreon and e-mail inbox, it could totally mean that he's just giving his community the monthly fix, so people shut up for a while again. Now, for whatever reason, we're back to pretty much nothingness in terms of progression, and god knows if it's gonna take him another week or two for the next 5% progress on the CS front. That's just wild speculation ofcourse.

The update seems to be close to completion, but we all know too well that the remaining 20% CS/RS, 85% Art Edited and 100% translation can take this man several months if he so choses. Well, fingers crossed I guess.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
OK, my predicion on AWAM update:
- ass groping in dance
- leg touching in car
- boobs touching in car
- flash tits in car (full at this time)
- pussy touching, but Sophia stop it before the beginning (another teasing by L&P)
- groin touching
- nipples
- KISSING (a lot of them)
So, if I get this right, Sam only gets a one shot at some pussy touching and is rejected. The rest is Sophia touching/ooogling Patricia or Sophia touching/ooogling Sam. I may have misinterpreted your design.:D:giggle:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Well I'm sure his rig is too good. But I think there are other factors that we are ignoring.

Like he just doesn't have to make and render scenes. He also has to look for assets of the upcoming events. Decide the kind of outfits that would suit the scene best. Do research to get to know about the nuances and ambience of the place. Also he has to visualise every single render and figure out the best way to present it.

Other factors like exhaustion and getting sick of doing the same thing. He has approximately made 700 plus renders in the past 3 months at a stretch, it does get exhausting. He is a human afterall not a machine. There are somedays where you are just stuck and can't think of anything erotic. I tried writing the stories that I thought, I reached like 70% of it and I felt totally out of it. I had to take a break for a few days just to get the mindset.

Also there is the pressure of presentation to others. Example if we are asked to write an essay we can do it in 20 minutes but if we are asked to write an essay on the same topic but this time we have to read it out on stage if front of thousands we would be really careful about what we are writing and take our time. Some can even take an hour just to write the same essay. The fear of not being upto mark really gets to some people, rather most people.

So I would say that, just judging his pace based on the rig alone is not right. Don't get me wrong I really wish he was twice as fast as he is now. Some questions are indeed valid as well. I just wanted to mention things that we mostly ignore but are critical to development speed. This is why I always say he needs more people, he just can't do it himself, atleast if he ever wants to complete it in reasonable time.
Sabertooth__ seriously, after the consternation of the whole bar scene and the jumper "Do research to get to know about the nuances and ambience of the place." I think you missed on this one.

"Other factors like exhaustion and getting sick of doing the same thing." This may be the Delta Hotel as it is 4 years not just 6 months. At what point does he chuck it. It is greater concern than update burnout.

"... if we are asked to write an essay on the same topic but this time we have to read it out on stage if front of thousands we would be really careful about what we are writing and take our time." Again, after 4 years this should not be an issue. He is experienced. If you think he is not, or can prove he is not then he has "other" issues.

I know we (generic) never get to perfection in any project. You clearly realize this also. It is because we are human. L&P, still a human, should have a better, by now, knowledge of when he reaches his sufficiency with each step. He bases this on his standards not others. That is what his experience enables him to do and recognize that point quickly. He knows a scene is acceptable and can proceed to the next.

He, since it is often highlighted, questioned or the result of confusion, has had misses and failures. I am sure many small things, he is aware of, have escaped our collective scrutiny. Little victories for him. In sum I don't think he has the worries of a novice or someone fearful of the public eye. He has the worries of an experienced artist IMO. Am I telling the story the way I want? Did that thought get across the way I wanted it to? Those are more what I think he deals with daily.

What do you think?

Reactions: Toushiro

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I really do hope you're right, but I have my doubts. Call me crazy, but everytime this thread goes apeshit for a couple pages about L&P's absence and weeks without any progression made on the bars, he suddenly manages to do a big leap on both the CS and RS front within a couple days. If the same thing happens on his patreon and e-mail inbox, it could totally mean that he's just giving his community the monthly fix, so people shut up for a while again. Now, for whatever reason, we're back to pretty much nothingness in terms of progression, and god knows if it's gonna take him another week or two for the next 5% progress on the CS front. That's just wild speculation ofcourse.

The update seems to be close to completion, but we all know too well that the remaining 20% CS/RS, 85% Art Edited and 100% translation can take this man several months if he so choses. Well, fingers crossed I guess.
the numbers mean 0

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
the numbers mean 0
I see what you're saying, but it's the only indicator I have basically. L&P could probably finish the update within a week if he wanted to, but that's not going to happen for obvious reasons. Number of paying subscribers are steadily increasing, so why would he, right?

• Wow
Reactions: Talcum Powder

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
I played through it there and it was great, but it's a shame there are no scenes other than a little groping with the old dudes or anyone else for that matter other than the husband. Or did I miss something?
Judging by the comments it seems this is one of those games that the updates release very far apart and since the most recent update wasn't to long ago, I guess I'm waiting a while...

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Which, given the hardware, skill and experience L&P has, makes 3 days to render 45 images pretty poor output. Even at 30 minutes per render, which it isn't, that would still not add up to 24 hours.
Damn it! Does it really not occur to you that in order to present us with 45 ready-made ideal renderers, L&P has to actually roll out about 100 or even more renderers? That he refuses one or two renderings claiming one ready for the game? Don't you understand that he has to make adjustments to the text and this in turn leads to changes in rendering?

L&P is not a robot, he is a human, he may make mistakes or a preliminary idea of the scene may not correspond to the result obtained, which leads to alterations and, accordingly, more time to create one scene consisting of 100 renderers, for example.
Working on the creation of AWAM is creative work, like, for example, creating fan art, but for fan art, its creators have much lower requirements, so it is incorrect to compare this work to a direct one.

I just don't understand how many times you can repeat the same criticisms? Are there really no other pleasant things anymore? Is constant dissatisfaction better than the pleasure and enjoyment of the work of other artists who work in accordance with your ideas?

I don't ignore anyone, I haven't used this option, I read critical comments about L&P with interest, but it's impossible to read the same thing for such a long time.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Well I'm sure his rig is too good. But I think there are other factors that we are ignoring.

Like he just doesn't have to make and render scenes. He also has to look for assets of the upcoming events. Decide the kind of outfits that would suit the scene best. Do research to get to know about the nuances and ambience of the place. Also he has to visualise every single render and figure out the best way to present it.

Other factors like exhaustion and getting sick of doing the same thing. He has approximately made 700 plus renders in the past 3 months at a stretch, it does get exhausting. He is a human afterall not a machine. There are somedays where you are just stuck and can't think of anything erotic. I tried writing the stories that I thought, I reached like 70% of it and I felt totally out of it. I had to take a break for a few days just to get the mindset.

Also there is the pressure of presentation to others. Example if we are asked to write an essay we can do it in 20 minutes but if we are asked to write an essay on the same topic but this time we have to read it out on stage if front of thousands we would be really careful about what we are writing and take our time. Some can even take an hour just to write the same essay. The fear of not being upto mark really gets to some people, rather most people.

So I would say that, just judging his pace based on the rig alone is not right. Don't get me wrong I really wish he was twice as fast as he is now. Some questions are indeed valid as well. I just wanted to mention things that we mostly ignore but are critical to development speed. This is why I always say he needs more people, he just can't do it himself, atleast if he ever wants to complete it in reasonable time.
My friend, how strange, or rather, it's normal that I, responding to a comment, called the same argument that L&P should not be considered a soulless machine! He is a man, not a robot, I said, and then reading your comment I see the same argument.
It would be possible not to pay attention, but it's just not clear why people sometimes do not understand simple truths, ignore reality, live immersed only in their desires and fantasies.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I don't ignore anyone, I haven't used this option, I read critical comments about L&P with interest, but it's impossible to read the same thing for such a long time.
I am truly sorry but what on earth are you getting so upset about? I am not making an attack on you or anyone else on this forum, and I am not even really taking a dig at L&P.

I am responding to information put out by the developer himself on his own Patreon page that is not behind a paywall. When he publishes new information I am simply responding to the new information in the context in which it was provided. I am not pulling shit out of my ass and rolling it in honey and throwing it against the wall to see if it sticks or how many flies it attracts.

Let us go through the rest of this one step at a time:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As always, Bane71, peace.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes