t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Didn't he talk about his sidejob in his recent rant a couple pages back? That it's so hard to manage both his job and the development of the game? Which would directly be in conflict with one of the Patreon goals he achieved probably a year or more ago? A Patreon goal that leads people to believe in more time spend towards the development of the game (as that's literally what the goal says), which in return would reduce the time between releases. I'm way too lazy to go back and check, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, if that's the case, I'd call it a pretty scummy way to lure people into paying him, making 'em think that doing so will help with the development speed. I do remember that pretty much the same thing happened when he reached his final goal, though. The one about his college courses and going full-time developer mode. Then again, it's been so long since I stopped supporting his Patreon page that alot of it is starting to become blurry, and I honestly don't really care much about that anymore.

I'm just a dirty little pirate waiting for a free update at this point.
I noticed that as well. I do not remember if it was a past reference or a current one. That would clearly change the outcome of his statement. Unfortunately I see L&P as no better than Viper and duplicitous as well. I believe it is one of the main reasons he works alone. The work with others occurs at the end, as a piece work element, not a team process throughout production. A consistent presence would expose anything that is not in concert with his statements.

I have no proof of this it is just a gut feeling. Why is translation not done if he has already written it. Why does the programming also come after all the artwork. As portions are completed so could the programming. Rendering could be done by another as soon as he moves to another scene. All this would drop the production time considerably. It is his game. He can do this as he pleases. It just begs credulity, his, with what he stated as his plan and what he continually implies in his posts. If he spends 3 to 4 months in scene creation and there is almost no time in the other areas 90% of us would be more than happy. 9 % would be meh to it is a bit slow. And 1% would still rant.

Reactions: palmtrees89

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
The first person to mention the sidejob was viper as far as I remember, when he kept taunting with non fulfillment of goals. That's why L&P addressed it.

View attachment 1450630

He says try doing quality scenes like his with that much dialogue and then look if how much time is still left and if you could still do a side job. The only interpretation is that he can't do a side job now because of the amount of work.

Wouldn't it be redundant and absolutely stupid for him to say that he is still doing a side job even though its on his goal to quit it even when no asked him about it. He or any person would only mention it if they are talking about not doing that job anymore.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I noticed that as well. I do not remember if it was a past reference or a current one. That would clearly change the outcome of his statement. Unfortunately I see L&P as no better than Viper and duplicitous as well. I believe it is one of the main reasons he works alone. The work with others occurs at the end, as a piece work element, not a team process throughout production. A consistent presence would expose anything that is not in concert with his statements.

I have no proof of this it is just a gut feeling. Why is translation not done if he has already written it. Why does the programming also come after all the artwork. As portions are completed so could the programming. Rendering could be done by another as soon as he moves to another scene. All this would drop the production time considerably. It is his game. He can do this as he pleases. It just begs credulity, his, with what he stated as his plan and what he continually implies in his posts. If he spends 3 to 4 months in scene creation and there is almost no time in the other areas 90% of us would be more than happy. 9 % would be meh to it is a bit slow. And 1% would still rant.
He can't give the rendering to someone. He addressed that. He has to make the adjustments to lighting for every change in camera angle before rendering. That's why he doesn't do batch renders

quency77

Apr 13, 2020
Nothing he said there actually states that he had to quit his job, and nobody else mentioned the sidejob either before he did. Being able to speak decent English certainly doesn't make that statement any clearer. It can be laid out in both ways. Now, obviously supporters gonna say it implies what you think it implies, and the doubters will probably say the opposite, so it's gonna remain a mystery I guess. :p
L&P refers to it's beginning of it's game development, that Viper couldn't do it better and faster with his conditions that he had. So that doesn't mean he still has his side job. And it would made no sense to keep his side job considering how well this project is going. Should he still have a side job, then it wouldn't add up his 11 hours work a day on AWAM. So it's most likely that he quit it.

Now we come to what I wanted to say.
So first of all, as L&P announced that he would release a game day in 3 updates, I was concerned that this would slow down the game process, and I was right. Should the next update come in November, then it took him over 14 months, that's 1 year and 2 months for playable day 12. For comparison the last playable day 11 took around 8 to 9 months, so he outbid himself for at least 5 more months. The updates didn't come faster as he intended, making his last release the longest update time.
So why did it take so long? Is it because there are more event, that are longer and more complicated? I don't know.
My theory for his 3 updates per game day is not only because of faster updates, but more because of reducing stress and ease up his schedule. But he then spend more time on each event, which is why it took longer.

So when Viper was badmouthing his renders, he did it because L&P always tells it needs time that his renders are so "realistic" and have that amount of "quality"(that are L&P's catch phrases), and he wanted to show that L&P he is talking bs.
That after such a long time of abstinence, L&P answers only Viper, badmouthing his render and trying to finish him off, didn't help him at all. It was like watching 2 kids trying to take each other down. Cringe…

I know some of you are former supporters of L&P on Patreon, hoped that with your help, he could make updates faster, but it become the opposite. Some of you might ask why it takes longer than before. Is he doing it on purpose? Are there other reasons? Nobody can say that L&P isn't working on his project. But with the time it seems like that it takes him much more time to create renders. Maybe it took him less time in the past because of his hardware limitations. And now that he has the hardware, he can do much more.
I can't say if he's working less than before, that would be just assumptions. But there is a steady increase in his visuals and that doesn't come without a price.
Could he do it faster? Certainly, but that would mean he would have to downgrade his visuals, that 99% of you wouldn't notice even if you would compare with it latest works. But that's a path that L&P took and you on your own can decide to support him on this path or not, but you have to understand first which way this project is going.

It is difficult to answer why it takes so long and just saying for the sake of milking is too easy.
But on the other hand L&P isn't so transparent about it, so that's why it's hard to understand.
The toxic and the simp comments don't help with that.
If you can do it, then please don't hate everything what L&P does and don't celebrate everything he does, like he said that viper trolled him because he is ugly (that was immature and wasn't ok). Everything has two sides like a coin and you just shouldn't look at one.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
You are overthinking things. It's entirely possible to enjoy an artist's art and dislike the artist for some other reason at the same time but still support their art. These things are not mutually exclusive. The same is true of actors, athletes, and musicians.

Thousands of people paid big money to watch Mike Tyson fight after he was convicted of rape. Does that mean all of those people that bought a ticket are pro-rape? HELL NO! Absolutely not! They are pro boxing. They enjoy his boxing and disregard his personal life and criminal status.

Millions of people bought Micheal Jackson music after he was accused of touching little boys... Does that make them all pro pedo? No... They just love his music.

I love the movie Taxi Driver, and I think Robert DeNiro played the part perfectly. Does that mean that I agree with his personal politics? No... No, it doesn't I don't even like the guy personally.

I'm not saying L&P is guilty of any of that shit, but it doesn't matter if he is because that doesn't change his art.

A lot of people think your rants are just annoying dude. What are you trying to accomplish with them? Are you like trying to get him to lose support, or get shutdown, or lose his cool, or delay launches or whatever?

Nobody wants these outcomes that are trying to push for dude. A lot of people enjoy his game, and don't want all that drama, and think it would be nice if L&P could come in here without people like you causing him to lose his cool then poof from the forums for another 6 months.

Also, you don't know what he has done or hasn't done in terms of his goals. For example his claims he is quit his other job. How do you know he hasn't? He very well could have. Has he been showing you his tax return and pay stubs? You are keeping tabs on that for him letting us know?
Starting from the bottom paragraph, more nonsense. How many side jobs does he have? 10? So the goal was just for 1 of them, oh geez good to know. L&P contradicts himself everytime he writes in here, that's why he doesn't write much.

As for your first paragraph:

It's entirely possible to enjoy an artist's art and dislike the artist for some other reason at the same time but still support their art.
Yeah no shit that's why I was a patron for a lot longer than some of these butt lickers are and when I stopped being a patron I did it when it was obvious he was just lying to everyone.

As for what I write or find it annoying, use the ignore function, it's easy.
As far as I know, it's a free thread to post whatever opinions we have on AWAM and a place where past, actual and potential patrons come in to see what's up so I'm entitled to write whatever I want within reason, as you are.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017

Oh boy oh boy DID WE JUST COME FULL CIRCLE t3alqdansam ?

T3 hates my annoying arguments so much that he has me on his ignore list and has stated that plenty of times.
But here it is, a few months later, and he's agreeing with everything I've been saying.

He's not the only one. Plenty of people that have been following this development close for years have noticed the signs. Eventually they just stop being deceived and see the writing on the wall.

Lies everywhere.

A consistent presence would expose anything that is not in concert with his statements.

It's exactly this.

Reactions: Toushiro

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
The first person to mention the sidejob was viper as far as I remember, when he kept taunting with non fulfillment of goals. That's why L&P addressed it.

View attachment 1450630

He says try doing quality scenes like his with that much dialogue and then look how much time is still left and if you could still do a side job. The only interpretation is that he can't do a side job now because of the amount of work.

Wouldn't it be redundant and absolutely stupid for him to brag that he is still doing a side job even though its on his goal to quit it even when no asked him about it. He or any person would only mention it if they are talking about not doing that job anymore.
Taunting? Do you mean confronting with him the fact that he can't keep the patreon promises he set out in order for people to fund him more?

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
He can't give the rendering to someone. He addressed that. He has to make the adjustments to lighting for every change in camera angle before rendering. That's why he doesn't do batch renders
That's bull shit, stop talking about things you don't understand. He could have 1000 renders with 1000 different light systems, it wouldn't make a difference because by the time he's batch rendering he already has that part all sorted out.

Do you even know what batch rendering is?

Aight, so I was curious enough to scroll through a bunch of pages to find L&P's post regarding the sidejob. Interesingly enough, said post is now deleted and can only be found in form of a quote from this post, and a screenshot Viper's made later on:

(click on the post to see the quote I'm talking about)

I'm not sure why this post was being deleted, and I don't see a reason for a moderator to do so. Could very well mean that L&P himself did it after noticing a little oopsie. And from what I read there, it doesn't sound all that obvious to me that L&P quit his sidejob because he couldn't manage it all. Ofcourse you could argue that that's what he was implying, but to me it sounds more like; "YOU wouldn't be able to do all of this while having a sidejob like I do!", basically bragging in the same way he does in his other recent posts shitting on other creators and acting like god himself. Nothing he said there actually states that he had to quit his job, and nobody else mentioned the sidejob either before he did. Being able to speak decent English certainly doesn't make that statement any clearer. It can be laid out in both ways. Now, obviously supporters gonna say it implies what you think it implies, and the doubters will probably say the opposite, so it's gonna remain a mystery I guess. :p
Exactly what I understood from it too.

And I wonder what changes are those he propels so much. If I sit right up and take a picture in the office I'm in the lights don't change compared to if I take a picture in the opposite side of the office. For the sake of realism, shouldn't a light system stay consistent throughout the scene so everything that is influenced by light, look the same?

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Firstly just a few days ago an experienced man who does architecture designs on 3d program also came here and verified the fact that yes lighting indeed needs to be adjusted with change in angles. I might not know rendering but that doesn't mean others don't. You too have only 50h of experience. I would rather take the word of a person who does this for a living than yours.

This is a program not the real world. It can't give a completely real movement of light rays, that's one thing I am sure of. So indeed there might be a need for adjustments.
That absolutely fails to answer the question: Do you even know what batch rendering is?
Because you don't.

Scene creation is one thing, rendering is another. Batch rendering is just the process of automating the last part of the last sentence. Changing light systems happen in the scene creation part, before rendering, with no batch rendering in sight.

This is something someone with even 3h of Daz understands. I also knew 0 about this a while ago but then I went to learn a bit in order to know a bit of what I am talking about, unlike you, who just speaks whatever illogical nonsense that comes to your head. Reminds me of Bane71 talking about render farms without knowing what they were.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
He said he will TRY to get help, he hasn't found anyone meeting his requirements. And he has also clearly stated what he wants. Someone who can do a scene just as the art class in terms of quality, scale, no. Of characters, lighting, poses. He has openly asked anyone who can, to contact him.
And there you are again parroting what he says without remembering what he said previously.

It's been what? 2 and a half years that this guy can't get help? And you think it's because of lack of Dev talent/Writing talent/Translation talent?
The same guy who came here complaining he couldn't find a translator WHEN A PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR SEND HIM AN E-MAIL DAYS PRIOR? Does this sound like someone who wants help?

Did you read the post from that user who once worked for L&P? Did you read about his workflow? L&P would sent him 1 sentence out of nowhere for him to translate, without any hint of context or whatever. Does that sound like a team working?

Don't you remember when L&P said something like: "Someone that doesn't know what I know is just going to drag my work. Someone that knows what I know is just another me so there's no point."

Does all of this shows you that he actually wants any help?

And finally, why reduce this to find him someone to help him with art? He doesn't need help in art/scene creation per se, he needs help to make a storyboard, prepare next updates, source assets, sketch scenes, translation - Isn't the script already written? ;)

But like t3alqdansam said, he doesn't want help, because that would do one of 2 things.
  1. Updates come quicker, which would prove our point and (in his mind only) make him less money in the long run.
  2. Expose him
Simple.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
OK, you Paralympic champ :ROFLMAO: , but what's your occupation?
Right now? Reading the unfunny jokes of a person who's been digging through L&P in the past months but once L&P shows up on his thread he turns into a avid supporter. ;)
Now go play with your dick and look at some doorknobs, since that's apparently your fetish, and stop wasting my time.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Right now? Reading the unfunny jokes of a person who's been digging through L&P in the past months but once L&P shows up on his thread he turns into a avid supporter. ;)
Now go play with your dick and look at some doorknobs, since that's apparently your fetish, and stop wasting my time.
please stop this discussion everyone

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes