BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Last time I checked, you are the one who couldn't read English thoroughly and people corrected you. Did you already forget, buddy? It was today. :sneaky:
That's sabertooth interpretation. There were other people with my interpretation too.

Aight, so I was curious enough to scroll through a bunch of pages to find L&P's post regarding the sidejob. Interesingly enough, said post is now deleted and can only be found in form of a quote from this post, and a screenshot Viper's made later on:

(click on the post to see the quote I'm talking about)

I'm not sure why this post was being deleted, and I don't see a reason for a moderator to do so. Could very well mean that L&P himself did it after noticing a little oopsie. And from what I read there, it doesn't sound all that obvious to me that L&P quit his sidejob because he couldn't manage it all. Ofcourse you could argue that that's what he was implying, but to me it sounds more like; "YOU wouldn't be able to do all of this while having a sidejob like I do!", basically bragging in the same way he does in his other recent posts shitting on other creators and acting like god himself. Nothing he said there actually states that he had to quit his job, and nobody else mentioned the sidejob either before he did. Being able to speak decent English certainly doesn't make that statement any clearer. It can be laid out in both ways. Now, obviously supporters gonna say it implies what you think it implies, and the doubters will probably say the opposite, so it's gonna remain a mystery I guess. :p

Try again, but better. Oh and go back to your main account buddy. This is too obvious.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
In Part II of the game, the updates will be available after every event is finished.
Okay this actually sounds good to me, and for those who doesn't like small updates i see no problem for them to skip a few updates till they consider what's a big update for them...
Tho now i wonder how long he'll take for one event, i mean if its one event per month with let's say 150-250 renders i think that's good...

Reactions: Bishop Robert

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Okay this actually sounds good to me, and for those who doesn't like small updates i see no problem for them to skip a few updates till they consider what's a big update for them...
The problem is that this strategy, by itself, does not fix the larger problem of long development cycles. Switching to an event-based release schedule may just obscure the fact that the entire 1/3 of the day is still taking 5+ months to release.

I also worry that the connective tissue between events will suffer. When an update has three (or whatever) events it may be easier to tie them together. But one event every month or two? They may feel flat and disconnected. I'm glad that he's trying something, but this doesn't seem like the right idea.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I also worry that the connective tissue between events will suffer. When an update has three (or whatever) events it may be easier to tie them together. But one event every month or two? They may feel flat and disconnected. I'm glad that he's trying something, but this doesn't seem like the right idea.
Well... if you prefer playing bigger updates, don't download the game until there are more events to play, that's it, it's not like someone is forcing you to play the small updates. Although, if you want to discuss the game here, you would get spoilers, I give you that.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
The problem is that this strategy, by itself, does not fix the larger problem of long development cycles. Switching to an event-based release schedule may just obscure the fact that the entire 1/3 of the day is still taking 5+ months to release.

It def doesn't fix the issue but it sort of masks it and that way whoever pays him will have content each 6 weeks (give or take 1 week). Better than now where its crickets 10 months of the year.

Reactions: BorgiaBou

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Well... if you prefer playing bigger updates, don't download the game until there are more events to play, that's it, it's not like someone is forcing you to play the small updates. Although, if you want to discuss the game here, you would get spoilers, I give you that.
But that's what I'm concerned about. If the game is now being written and built on an event-by-event basis, even if you wait (which I wouldn't) to play it as one big update, it could feel disconnected. Even though the current update structure divides the days into relatively small chunks, at least there's a natural progression from one event to the next. When he play tests the update, he can see if it transitions from one event to the next smoothly. But when you're structuring the updates around a single event, I can see it being a bit more difficult to keep the connection between events strong. This is actually a problem I've noticed on other games, you'll be in one location and then, with only a slight transition, you'll be in a new location. It's jarring and reeks of poor quality control IMO. L&P may be able to avoid this of course, but I see it as something that he'll need to be careful about.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
But that's what I'm concerned about. If the game is now being written and built on an event-by-event basis, even if you wait (which I wouldn't) to play it as one big update, it could feel disconnected. Even though the current update structure divides the days into relatively small chunks, at least there's a natural progression from one event to the next. When he play tests the update, he can see if it transitions from one event to the next smoothly. But when you're structuring the updates around a single event, I can see it being a bit more difficult to keep the connection between events strong. This is actually a problem I've noticed on other games, you'll be in one location and then, with only a slight transition, you'll be in a new location. It's jarring and reeks of poor quality control IMO. L&P may be able to avoid this of course, but I see it as something that he'll need to be careful about.
The game already feels a bit disconnected due to
  • too much time between updates
  • differences in art (getting better all the time, but there's jumps in quality)
  • bodies getting different, faces too
I actually think having 1 update each month/6 weeks will ease out those differences. Regarding the events, he can just put an option for people to start at the beggining of the previous event so people don't just go in with a new save and be like "oh right this is where the story was".

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017

I'm not sure if the right idea either, but let's add this 1/3 day to the overall picture here. If this concept were applied to this current version, we would have quicker updates, but the duration of P.D. production will still be the same or possibly longer. Since this final P.D. update will most likely be in November, that will be 13 months on one P.D. He already shattered his CS/Rendering record again.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017

Unlocked

I'm almost done with the scene creation!

I just wanna let you know, that I have some private stuff to do in the next few days, and can't work my regular time. But from the next week Wednesday on, I have zero plans until March (except for maybe X-mas).

0.150 will be the last update in the old format. After this update is finished I will start working on a Part II, where some new stuff will be available. Also a gallery mode. But I want to include some to this last version too (and some other tiny improvements), since it will be the last update of Part I. In Part II of the game, the updates will be available after every event is finished. You won't need to download the whole game again and again (it will be much smaller of size anyway). You'll just have to click on the update button in the menu and only the new stuff will be added to your older version.
16 (1).png
So like I said before Sophia does change clothes after the concert.
Sophia once hoped that Sam had watched her pleasure herself,could this be the night it finally happens?
Given to me by a patron

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I don't understand what is that travel bag doing in first scene. Surely no one was travelling anywhere, none that we know of.
Could it he Andy going somewhere next day. It could be something possible and helpful from a story pov, as if he wants to develop a relationship between Liam and Cathy, it would be easier with Andy gone.

The apartment looks fairly normal and still pretty nice. Like how real homes are.

Andy and Liam are definitely friends, both love those curved TVs or maybe the real lover of curved TVs is L&P :p , he needs them everywhere.
Whose bag is this.?
View attachment 1452023
Why is andy moving towards the kitchen area?
View attachment 1452024
Can anybody tell about these books?
View attachment 1452025 View attachment 1452026
The bag and the books are just part of the asset. I wouldn't read anything into it

Arysu

May 18, 2021

Unlocked

I'm almost done with the scene creation!

I just wanna let you know, that I have some private stuff to do in the next few days, and can't work my regular time. But from the next week Wednesday on, I have zero plans until March (except for maybe X-mas).

0.150 will be the last update in the old format. After this update is finished I will start working on a Part II, where some new stuff will be available. Also a gallery mode. But I want to include some to this last version too (and some other tiny improvements), since it will be the last update of Part I. In Part II of the game, the updates will be available after every event is finished. You won't need to download the whole game again and again (it will be much smaller of size anyway). You'll just have to click on the update button in the menu and only the new stuff will be added to your older version.
View attachment 1452015
So like I said before Sophia does change clothes after the concert.
Sophia once hoped that Sam had watched her pleasure herself,could this be the night it finally happens?
Given to me by a patron
bro do you know when the final release?

roro

May 29, 2017
Whose bag is this.?
View attachment 1452023
Why is andy moving towards the kitchen area?
View attachment 1452024
Can anybody tell about these books?
View attachment 1452025 View attachment 1452026
1. The bag can mean a lot of things. Andy and Cathy just moved to the city, maybe they didn't finish unpacking. Maybe one of them has to go on a travel for several days. Maybe it is related to Andy's or Cathy's jobs...
2. To make coffee / bring beers to the guests?

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
1. The bag can mean a lot of things. Andy and Cathy just moved to the city, maybe they didn't finish unpacking. Maybe one of them has to go on a travel for several days. Maybe it is related to Andy's or Cathy's jobs...
2. To make coffee / bring beers to the guests?
That's not a packed box like one would use for moving. That's like a travel suitcase for someone who is going away for the weekend.

Reactions: globsis and xxxorro
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes