sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019
when release?
Art 35%=5 х 7 days (2 november) ; programming 100%= 5 х 20 days (22 november); + 3 days for test (25 november);
reply 25 - 28 november

• Wow
Reactions: Zozefs

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
No worries, I am cool.
And you are free to think that all he has is a single sheet of notes with who fuck who ;-

I think it is much more than that, and the "meat" of the story is all laid out allready.
This doesn't mean he has everything ironed out in all the small details. It never works this way. He certainly doesnt have entire dialogues pre-written. It would have been stupid. When you woring on something, small details are always shifting. Some things you didn't consider at first come out after looking at it back after a lot of time.

I do believe the story is pre-written all right, but by the time the game is finished (10-15years ;-) ), it will probably change drasticaly from what it was at the start, some parts re-written, some deleted, others much expanded upon.

This is norm of every creative process.

Try to be positive about it.
At least he is not going back to the days he allready finished re-writing them, and making "A Wife and A Mother Reloaded".
A lot of Authors get caught in the loop of always trying to improve of what they allready done, and it can turn ugly.

At least it is moving forth ;-
"At least he is not going back to the days he allready finished re-writing them"

Is that a George Lucas shot? Hmmmm, I don't think it is a good idea to put that in this forum. L&P may read it and then start seeing himself as the second Lucas and we get never ending Director's cuts. This would slow progress to a crawl and... Never mind. We are already looking at longer than the first three Star wars movies just to get to... . Where is it we are getting to?:giggle:

And off topic in ...

• Haha
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

r0rschack

Jan 22, 2021
Is moving in the wrong direction!!!!
Pct CompleteFactorPct of Update
Created Scenes100%55%55.00%
Rendered Scenes100%25%25.00%
Art edited with PS65%5%3.25%
Programming & Translation0%15%0.00%
Total Pct of Update Completed83.25%
Start Date7/5/2021
Days of Production112
Estimated Completion Date11/16/2021

View attachment 1469120
When do you think us plebs will get to play it though if the game completion is in mid November? Early December?

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Glad that you got it all sorted.
Do you have a save on the choice?
Nah, not got the save before the specific choice but it's fine, got your save and to be honest, thought the jogging event was a little unbelievable personally, didn't buy it, although the animation of Sophia jogging was fun.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
He could definitely use a proofreader. He could get better suggestions. Like in the last update v0.130 I was unhappy with the writing as I felt inconsistencies in it and also it being very unconvincing. Maybe it was because he was already off schedule so he rushed with the dialogues. But pretty much every scene had something about its writing that upset me. A proofreader could ensure the consistency in the vocabulary used by characters as well as ensure an overall better written scene.
I don't know how he could feel rushed with the dialogues. It took him 23 days for P&T on v1.30, which had more scenes than this upcoming version, which is one week shy of an entire month to complete.

PS - 5.11.21 - 5.21.21 > 11 Days = 100%
P&T - 5.21.21 - 6.12.21 > 23 Days = 100%
V1.30 released - 6.14.21 > 2 Days of Testing before the release.

L&P was working with a translator (proofreader), which I believe was 6-8 hours or around that, in a different time zone, and he stated that he worked between 8-11 hours a day for v1.30. On average, he was translating roughly 2.5 pages a day. And if you take into consideration this statement,

1635253947888.png

I'm sure he may have to edit some scenes, but if every scene needs editing... Yeah, then he would need a second pair of eyes on his draft. But there are people, and I am one of those people, on this forum who is speculating that he has an outline or idea drafted on paper and not an actual script, and another person on the forums said he worked with L&P once. He would only send him sentences or phrases at a time (I would need to look up what page that person posted on this forum.) This, if true, would cut into the time significantly for P&T and add to the complexity of P&T based on he doesn't want his "Script" in fear that his story could be leaked.

Overall, If he did feel rushed then it may have been a result of poor planning or procrastination?

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I don't know how he could feel rushed with the dialogues. It took him 23 days for P&T on v1.30, which had more scenes than this upcoming version, which is one week shy of an entire month to complete.

L&P was working with a translator (proofreader), which I believe was 6-8 hours or around that, in a different time zone, and he stated that he worked between 8-11 hours a day for v1.30. On average, he was translating roughly 2.5 pages a day. And if you take into consideration this statement,

View attachment 1469792

I'm sure he may have to edit some scenes, but if every scene needs editing... Yeah, then he would need a second pair of eyes on his draft. But there are people, and I am one of those people, on this forum who is speculating that he has an outline or idea drafted on paper and not an actual script, and another person on the forums said he worked with L&P once. He would only send him sentences or phrases at a time (I would need to look up what page that person posted on this forum.) This, if true, would cut into the time significantly for P&T and add to the complexity of P&T based on he doesn't want his "Script" in fear that his story could be leaked.

Overall, If he did feel rushed then it may have been a result of poor planning or procrastination?
Things were pretty heated back then, that update was an absolute collapse of planning and management too. Maybe it's not reason. The only thing I am certain of is that almost every scene in the last update made me feel that the writing is weak. It is inconsistent or the vocabulary doesn't suit the character and many other issues.

So from this update all I really wish for from him is to do good writing.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
From what I have heard his Patrons wants the two side jobs dropped as they think that it takes up too much time but we shall see
If his Paterons want the game changed then either stop supporting the game or make their own game. Insanity how entitled people become when they're donating $5/month....

Happy L&P is open to suggestions - SOMETIMES - but is focused on delivering HIS PROJECT. When you crowdsource things it quickly becomes a clusterfuc* so let the creator, author, artist, and producer continue making his project the way he wants

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

View attachment 1469792

I feel like there was a noticable drop in the quality of the script two updates ago. Isn't that when he lost his former proofer? I feel like that was the first time I noticed Engrish creeping into the game. It wasn't horrible, but there were telltale syntax errors that are common with non-native speaking people. This last update seemed to be better, but that makes sense because I think he had a proofreader.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes