t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
As someone who speaks German I'd argue it's actually the other way around, which could be the reason why L&P won't accept any help as he wants a native English speaker to translate the dialogue from German to English, and I doubt there's many people in this community who would be able to pull that off on a really high level, unless they really are professional with it. The issue I'm having with this is the fact that L&P's English is sufficient enough to translate it himself and then simply hand it to a native English speaking translator to pack the dialogue into a more...fancy way if you will.

That's atleast how I would do it. He could always point out some lines of text he doesn't like and try to explain what he has in mind. I feel like that would make this whole process alot easier and he might actually be able to find someone who could possibly translate everything within a couple days. But who knows. I'm not a game developer, nor a translator. :giggle:

Edit: The first sentence in my post might be a bit confusing, lol. What I meant was that it's probably easier for a native German speaker to translate everything into English, instead of a native English speaker doing it as I believe the German language is harder to master. Still does sound kinda confusing reading it, but oh well.. I give up. o_O
Actually English is a difficulty rating 5. The main problem is the fluidity of the centuries. It is bad. Or is it BAD! What the hell does that mean? In German it is clear and not quite as chock full of slang or other languages as American English. One reason I studied German as I did Engineering. So much was written in German and it was precise. But, you are absolutely correct that L&P would need to scrutinize the translation for the intent. :coffee:

Example WW2 British Joint Chiefs and US Joint Chiefs get together for a strategy conference. There was a difficult topic and the British suggested the issue be tabled (To them that meant brought forward discussed to solution). The Americans were happy since they had other issues to discuss (To them tabling was to set aside for later). Imagine the looks on the Brits as the Americans moved to the next item.:giggle:
Churchill "Two people separated by a common language.":cool:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I know none of you are looking at her feet, but the cameraman must be carrying her flats, because there is no way she's walking in those heels. Between the height of the heel and those pants it would be a nightmare to move. Also, those heels look gorgeous and unused.

I know, I know, "Damnit GingerSweetGirl, who cares?! She's hot, look at that ass! Why are you being such a buzz kill?" Well, fine sirs, because when I look at that picture I want to wear those heels and those pants. I comfort myself that I'm not with the reasoning that wearing those is a form of torture. If I got paid to stand still and take pics, oh hell yeah I'd wear them, but as a practical piece of clothing that woman probably can't wait to get changed.

We need more games to include sweatpants!! ;)
I have always been astounded at the women who can walk in those heels. More so when I was looking at my daughter eye to eye and I am 5 inches taller than her. My shoes had 1 inch heels so hers were 6 inch, holy s#!t.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
it’s okay I made the time leap

Well, you’re gonna be amazed

Sophia became a great guitar player so she rejected Sam, she is divorced and has an international career.
Ellie’s still a virgin, farrah had a breakdown o_O
Alyssa electrocuted herself with Antonio, since KillJoys is inconsolable :cry:
Ava created a satanic cult and Brother Robert has a lot of work to exorcise all of this.
Patricia takes care of the animals at Carl’s zoo, but has still not understood the difference between carnivore and herbivore. :rolleyes:
Liam became gay, he’s in a relationship with Neil, so Brother Robert is happy because Neil has a better treatment of his character :ROFLMAO:
Amber drowned in a swimming pool crushed by a giant banana, so Julia became a lifeguard.
Dylan who loves his mother’s underwear so much changed sex, so he can wear them.
Sam died in a treehouse fire

I’ll stop here because I don’t want to spoil you too much. :cool:

PS Lord_Xanatos is out of work
Ah, yes. I read the summary. An addendum had some fascinating elements.

Bennett was killed in a freak shredder accident at the school.
Aiden was thought to join a fishing crew for deadliest catch. However it was a ship owned by Don Morello and Aiden never made it back to shore. Strangely no record of his signing on exists.
Janitor Clark was horribly scarred when a steam line blew while he was in the girls shower. Since he was alone they found him in the morning.
Zach is dealing with melanoma from too much time in the tanning beds. He is starting to resemble King Tut.
Christine had emergency surgery to remove a lollipop and is now permanently scarred.
Marie has created a new line of Yoga studios. Her pictures are prominently dispalyed throughout each franchise. It is focused on male clientele and business is booming.
Emma was so stunned at Dylan's actions she moved to Calcutta and followed Mother Theresa's path.
Mr Murray retired and is living in Switzerland. His Postal pension is supplemented by his CIA pension and all the investments he made betting against Liam and Neil's ideas.
The hobos are still hobo'ing
The two thugs tried to steal a endangered species from Carl's Zoo, Patricia locked them in the cage marked with the cute Tigger picture. Or was it Tiger? What's the difference?:ROFLMAO::D

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Translating an erotic novella from German into English is not so easily done. There is a lot written about feelings and love in it. It would be just as difficult the other way around because there are simply words, phrases in German that you can't translate one-to-one into English. Because they simply don't exist. So you have to find similar words, phrases, that mean what you want to say in German.
Example. The word "geborgen" does not exist in English. "Geborgen" expresses that a person e.g. Sophia feels safe and secure in the strong arms of someone else e.g. Dylan :sneaky: . But neither "safe", "sheltered", "secure" nor "protected" expresses the word "geborgen" correctly. These words are too strong. "Geborgen" is a really warm word that implies love and trust. And all the other translated words don´t fit correctly.
So L&P needs to change that word, that phrase. He needs a German word, a German sentence, which can be translated very well into English with the same expressiveness, with the same effect. And that takes time.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Is moving me, too! The graph is currently trending towards November 25-26, but he just started P&T. At 2.5 pages per day and 27 pages that's about 11-12 days. add in another three or four days for debugging and testing, so Nov 15-20 is still in the realm of probability.

View attachment 1481285
If he works the weekends and stays at 5% each day, he will end on the 20th, but if he takes the weekends off, it will be towards the last week of the month. Also, I wonder if he will manage to have a couple of several 10% days in between?

So the question becomes does he work on the weekends and have some 10% progression for P&T to meet his timeline for release?

Reactions: Talcum Powder

BryceLoski

Jun 13, 2020
Yeah I got a couple of saves, one where they got arrested and one when I didn't report it just to see what was going to happen, it'd be interesting to see what happens or who it happens to, cause it doesn't have to be Sophia it happens too.
just wonder if L&P has forgot this part of story... interested in the thug plot personally.
of what december or november?
November

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Translating an erotic novella from German into English is not so easily done. There is a lot written about feelings and love in it. It would be just as difficult the other way around because there are simply words, phrases in German that you can't translate one-to-one into English. Because they simply don't exist. So you have to find similar words, phrases, that mean what you want to say in German.
Example. The word "geborgen" does not exist in English. "Geborgen" expresses that a person e.g. Sophia feels safe and secure in the strong arms of someone else e.g. Dylan :sneaky: . But neither "safe", "sheltered", "secure" nor "protected" expresses the word "geborgen" correctly. These words are too strong. "Geborgen" is a really warm word that implies love and trust. And all the other translated words don´t fit correctly.
So L&P needs to change that word, that phrase. He needs a German word, a German sentence, which can be translated very well into English with the same expressiveness, with the same effect. And that takes time.
From the German definition that you explain with Geborgen. I would say the matching English word would be Embrace. But in order to use this word, Someone would need to look at the sentence structure and the context.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: farrah and Hlextor

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Much more complicated than I thought:
Berg- bergen-geborgen.
I thought the Germanic tribes were sure that a mountain (Berg) offered protection and hence: Berg-geborgen.
Why is it so complicated? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Hlextor

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Much more complicated than I thought:
Berg- bergen-geborgen.
I thought the Germanic tribes were sure that a mountain (Berg) offered protection and hence: Berg-geborgen.
Why is it so complicated? :ROFLMAO:
nobody really cares about the correctness of the dialogue.
who is it that takes pains to understand the nuances of a well done translation?
this excuse is putting a damper on the development of the game.
any native speaker fan could get the translation done and then give it to L&P once the game is out in German.

I would translate it myself if it came out in German.

always if it served to speed up the development process.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Also, those heels look gorgeous and unused.
I have to disagree with you on this one and let me tell you why, one of my hobbies or passions are sneakers and i have a lot of them, so having more i pretty much wear everyday a different pair and when i come home i clean them and tose them back in their box (yeah i have their original box for each) so they tend to look new, i have 6 yrs old sneakers and when i wear them some ppl ask me if are new, i swear true story :)

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
who is it that takes pains to understand the nuances of a well done translation?
any native speaker fan could get the translation done and then give it to L&P once the game is out in German.

I care for well written dialogues. I like to read them and actually like seeing well written sentences, for me they add a completely new level of appeal to the scene.
As for initial German release, what will be the point of that. How many of the people who play this game will know German. How many of his top tier patrons know German. Even if they get the game on the first day, they can't play it because they don't understand anything. So these people will now have to wait until some pirate, translates the game and puts it in English. Wow

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

Right, and if you get too deep into it, we have: Sophia/Ava- educated women - we should find the Queen's English/slang free, different than between Aiden's gang members or Logan with his friends.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Anyone got a time machine that can bounce a few years into the future to when this game is completed and come back and release it for us? Be a bro... Forget about stopping 9/11, killing Hitler, or fucking your grandma back when she was hot and 18 years old to become your own grandpa. I want the full game.
You were the first one to call how long this was going to be:

However there are quiet a few images. Hopefully the creator regularly updates this. I worry that this game will take FOREVER with updates because there is a lot of content already. Anyways if they update this game with the amount of content currently already in it every 1-2 months.... It's gonna be great. Even if it were 2-3 months still good. However if the creator is gonna take like 6 months between updates, or quit... This is my main concern.
------------------------------------------

About the translation..

They would. There have been several people offering their help in every way possible, but L&P simply doesn't want to outsource anything. L&P himself has asked for a translator here before, but it's been mostly just a big hoax. He's received e-mails from people and atleast one actual professional translator among them, but guess what? He ignored the e-mails, then came here trying to tell us that there's nobody up to the task. There are several "theories" on the reasoning behind that, but it wasn't the first time he got caught "contradicting" himself, to say the least.

We even had a translator who tried working with him before, but the guy said it was literally impossible to work with L&P on translations as he would randomly send him little snippets of text without any context, which made it pretty much impossible to come up with a good sentence fitting to the scene it would belong to.

Rumour has it that L&P has found someone to help with the translation part of the game. No clue if this guy is still working with him on the current update, though. But honestly, seeing that there's barely a single page translated per day makes it really hard to believe that there's an actual translator doing any work whatsoever. 27(?) pages of text to translate, started on November 1st. The update is scheduled between the 15th and 21st of November, and assuming that we're only getting a 5% increase on the translation front per day means that it's atleast going to take 20 days until it's finished. The last update had around 30% more text and it took L&P 23(?) days to finish the P&T part, meaning that it's probably even slower this time around. God knows how that's even possible, but oh well.
This was years ago.

If I get enough support I will spend 24/7 with the game development and try to release an update every 4-6 weeks! And yeah, English is actually not my native language but I try my best! Of course with much support I could engage someone who will check and correct it to make it rather perfect!

I'll try
Well it is written but the details still have to be refined. I'm doing that parallel to the scene development. If I get sufficient support I will translate a part of the texts and then give it to someone for correction! Meanwhile I will keep working on the next text part.
If I get support
If I get money
If If If

And then nothing happens. Sending 1 sentence out of a thousand to his "american friend from discord" doesn't qualify as getting or wanting any help.
Been 4 years. Just more lies.
1 word page translated per day it's ridiculous. Unless the fontsize is 0.5

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I care for well written dialogues. I like to read them and actually like seeing well written sentences, for me they add a completely new level of appeal to the scene.
As for initial German release, what will be the point of that. How many of the people who play this game will know German. How many of his top tier patrons know German. Even if they get the game on the first day, they can't play it because they don't understand anything. So these people will now have to wait until some pirate, translates the game and puts it in English. Wow
Or maybe, just maybe.. the game could be launched in German and then update it with an english translation by L&P and his team of translators 20 days after.
Of course someone else here would have translated everything in the first days of release and that way people get the update almost a month faster.

The so called pirate would take 1 or 2 days to do it and no one would understand less of the story.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes