GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Come on. First of all, in your language you move like a fish through water, you're creative.
I have a vague feeling that native English speakers around here only speak English, which gives them a narrow perspective on the process itself.
On the other hand, English is a bit poor in some ways, I would say very poor. In my language I can swear without repeating myself for 24 hours, and when you try to translate all that richness into English you get a limited amount of swearing. Big shame. :ROFLMAO:
Fewer options in curse words forces us to get creative and find interesting ways to tie curses together.

• Haha
Reactions: nexer

r0rschack

Jan 22, 2021
WE'VE FOUND A NEW FETISH! Sophia in brand new kicks. With the box opened on the bed next to her. Someone hurry over to the fan art thread and make this a reality!
I just like to have interesting sneakers, so I thought I could look at his collection and if I like one I could go and buy it.
However, I do like to see women in heels and would prefer to see Sophia in heels most of the time and since she lives in a warm area (please correct me if I’m wrong) slippers when at home.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I assumed it was a render. If it was real life, then who is that stunning woman??
We have not yet reached this level of detail in games, but we're slowly getting there. I don't have the answer to your question either, unfortunately. She does look hot though, that's for sure. :giggle:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
okay dann muss das drin bleiben, die sorgen dafür das der text in italic ist.
poste doch mal die betroffene zeile direkt aus der datei.
PS: die übersetzung wirkt ziemlich... "steif" irgendwie, zuviel "Sie" statt "Du" usw mmn.
Are you german? Your game Bad Memories is well written (I guess), who makes the translation? And how much time it takes to translate 27 MS Word pages of text?

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Only in the fan art thread
For a person who has been on this forum for over a year, I dare to assume that you are joking. But a newcomer to this forum can take your joke as reliable information.
I believe we all understand that if the L&P for some reason does not stop the development of the game, then the game will have a variety of sex, including gangbang.

Forgive me for taking your answer to none300 said so seriously.

Reactions: none300

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
How the... why... :unsure:
Anyway, I write the story directly in english, I don't make any translations.
What do you mean by why?
I'm going to explain to you the context here: many people think that the dev of this game takes too much time in the translation process, more than 15 days, from german to english. Then, I suggested that we should find other german devs and ask them how do they make the translation, in order to find a translator to help this dev. I saw that you have written in german and I thought that maybe that was your native language.

I guess that your english is way more advanced than L&P then, although do you use a proofreader? don't you? What about expressing german slangs in english? is it not difficult for you?

You never answered me, are you german?

By the way, I love your game: great renders, animations and story.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
What do you mean by why?
I'm going to explain to you the context here: many people think that the dev of this game takes too much time in the translation process, more than 15 days, from german to english. Then, I suggested that we should find other german devs and ask them how they make the translation, in order to find a translator to help this dev. I saw that you have written in german and I thought that maybe that was your native language.

I guess that your english is way more advanced than L&P then, although do you use a proofreader? don't you? What about expressing german slangs in english? is it not difficult for you?

By the way, you never answered me, are you german?
Well you quoted a post from a completely different thread and also mentioned BM here, so, without knowing the context, that confused me a tiny little bit xD
I do have a proofreader, like everyone writing a story should have. A single person wont ever find every typo, wrong wording, error, no matter how hard you try and how often you check the script. You'd be surprised how often I find tiny little errors in some of the oldest parts of my game, even though that has been checked and seen by thousands of people by now, and some of them are very eager to mention every little error they notice^^

What do you mean by german slangs? There are slangs in english as well, so if you write in english you use english slangs. If you mean idioms, that's a different story, but english and german have a surprising amount of similar idioms, google is a good place to find help with that if necessary.

I might be german, but who knows for sure :sneaky:

• Hey there
Reactions: sava75

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Well you quoted a post from a completely different thread and also mentioned BM here, so, without knowing the context, that confused me a tiny little bit xD
I do have a proofreader, like everyone writing a story should have. A single person wont ever find every typo, wrong wording, error, no matter how hard you try and how often you check the script. You'd be surprised how often I find tiny little errors in some of the oldest parts of my game, even though that has been checked and seen by thousands of people by now, and some of them are very eager to mention every little error they notice^^

What do you mean by german slangs? There are slangs in english as well, so if you write in english you use english slangs. If you mean idioms, that's a different story, but english and german have a surprising amount of similar idioms, google is a good place to find help with that if necessary.

I might be german, but who knows for sure :sneaky:
I find it very hard to believe in this given that German is such an obscure language hence why L&P can't find any help for 3 years now to translate a VN from German to English.

/s

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I find it very hard to believe in this given that German is such an obscure language hence why L&P can't find any help for 3 years now to translate a VN from German to English.

/s
What do you find hard to belive?
German is actually very close to english, a lot of words are the same or similar. English and german borrow a lot of words from each other, even the syntax is very similar, so it's not any more obscure than any other european language, cyrillic languages for example are far harder to learn than most of the western european languages which stem from the same germanic (not german) language.

Reactions: palmtrees89

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
What do you find hard to belive?
German is actually very close to english, a lot of words are the same or similar. English and german borrow a lot of words from each other, even the syntax is very similar, so it's not any more obscure than any other european language, cyrillic languages for example are far harder to learn than most of the western european languages which stem from the same germanic (not german) language.
I was being sarcastic since L&P makes it sound like the most difficult translation in the world.
His pace for this development cycle is 1,30 ms word pages translated per day .

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes