ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
What do you find hard to belive?
German is actually very close to english, a lot of words are the same or similar. English and german borrow a lot of words from each other, even the syntax is very similar, so it's not any more obscure than any other european language, cyrillic languages for example are far harder to learn than most of the western european languages which stem from the same germanic (not german) language.
It seems that you are the man for the job. You are a german-english speaker, you have experience writing erotic games, without complaints in the writing department as far as I know.

How much time it will take you to translate 27 MS Word pages into english? Put a price. Who can make the connection between Lust&Passion and recreation? maybe KillJoys?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It seems that you are the man for the job. You are a german-english speaker, you have experience writing erotic games, without complaints in the writing department as far as I know.

How much time it will take you to translate 27 MS Word pages into english? Put a price. Who can make the connection between Lust&Passion and recreation? maybe KillJoys?

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I believe we all understand that if the L&P for some reason does not stop the development of the game, then the game will have a variety of sex, including gangbang.
Well, with all due respect to the original question & also your answer, I seriously doubt that we'll ever see anything of this nature, other than in the fan art. I could be wrong (& hope I am) but there's logic in this view. We are years away from any real extra-marital sex but assuming it occurs & that game development doesn't stop, there would logically be many partners & different types of sex before Sophia would become corrupted enough to 'voluntarily' indulge in a gangbang. Incidentally, I say 'voluntarily' in irony quotes, as there's been much discussion concerning the subtleties of language & the term "gangbang" in the English of the UK is generally taken to refer to forced sex with multiple 'partners'.

As we've been told that forced sex won't occur, this makes such an event seem even less probable to me, despite the hints that have been dropped now & again. I've always assumed that these were some of the breadcrumbs of blueballing & not to be taken at face value. Unless L&P changes his mind decades from now & departs the vanilla path he has chosen, we'll see no gangbang IMO. Realistically & again only in my opinion, I believe the game will have come to an end long before anything like this is a possibility.

Reactions: xxxorro

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hahaha don't you want the job? You could improve your rig a bit with some extra money.
So, do you know someone else that can make this job? Maybe someone from that german thread from where I quoted you?
There's a thread somewhere on f95 "Spiele in deutscher sprache" (games in german language) where a lot of german translators hang out.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
There's a thread somewhere on f95 "Spiele in deutscher sprache" (games in german language) where a lot of german translators hang out.
But do you know who is the best one? Remember, it's from german to english and not english to german like that thread.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
But do you know who is the best one? Remember, it's from german to english and not english to german like that thread.
I don't, I've never played any of the translations. I generally try to stay away from adult stuff with german language. Doesn't mean the translation is bad or anything, it's just that (to me) german "dirty talk" sounds silly and awkward.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
Come on. First of all, in your language you move like a fish through water, you're creative.
I have a vague feeling that native English speakers around here only speak English, which gives them a narrow perspective on the process itself.
On the other hand, English is a bit poor in some ways, I would say very poor. In my language I can swear without repeating myself for 24 hours, and when you try to translate all that richness into English you get a limited amount of swearing. Big shame. :ROFLMAO:
First of all, thank you for the idiomatic complement (a nice touch).
There is much to unwrap in your response. Please, allow me to better set your expectations. In my varied background I have also spent time in the education field, and have spent years teaching and tutoring those who are English challenged. Some found difficulty because they came from another language and culture, while others created their own difficulty through lack of interest earlier in their lives. In either case, the approach is the same. Find the common ground between yourself (the tutor) and the student, and use language that is shared to expand the vocabulary and concept in the student.
Developing a writing ease in English for a German speaker who wants to make money presenting to an English-speaking audience is the imperative.
The intent for my suggestion (refining the English product by sitting with one skilled in English) is two fold. The first benefit is realized in the short term which is: Get that release out more quickly! The second (and more important) benefit would be that 'L and P' would learn from the sit down sessions and over time have need for them less and less. Maintaining a 'second set of eyes' review would remain as a sanity check. However, in time the time it consumed would become relatively short.
If I hadn't had the years of successful experience tutoring interested students with limited skills I would not be expressing this so confidently now. In addition, the German who is now well versed in English could write vulgarity with a rich depth in both content and refined prose that it would sing like Shakespeare!

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I don't, I've never played any of the translations. I generally try to stay away from adult stuff with german language. Doesn't mean the translation is bad or anything, it's just that (to me) german "dirty talk" sounds silly and awkward.
But, do you understand german like a native speaker, right?

Look, you aren't seeing the bigger picture here, you also could negotiate with L&P a promotion of your game in his patreon page in exchange for your translation, so he will not need to spend money and you could receive something even bigger than the money he could pay you, something like 35-50 new patrons. Inceton has a little bit more than the double of patrons than L&P, he recommended a certain game some day and that game increased more than 100 patrons in that month, a lot more than all the patrons earning after several months posting his game in f95zone.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
But, do you understand german like a native speaker, right?

Look, you aren't seeing the bigger picture here, you also could negotiate with L&P a promotion of your game in his patreon page in exchange for your translation, so he will not need to spend money and you could receive something even bigger than the money he could pay you, something like 35-50 new patrons. Inceton has a little bit more than the double of patrons than L&P, he recommended a certain game some day and that game increased more than 100 patrons in that month, a lot more than all the patrons earning after several months posting his game in f95zone.
The thing is, I'm neither interested in the bigger picture, nor in translating. I don't even translate my own game, so why would I want to translation someone elses game? Of course, getting more patrons is nice, but I'm not a money whore, I'm not going to do stuff I don't want to do just to get some money.
If L&P really has trouble with the translation, then there are several ways to do something about it. Ask people for help, pay a translator, use websites, there's also some really good translation software out there... or he could just ditch the translation, someone will make one anyways.
It's not that he really needs me to do that.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
L&P is, if at all, looking for a native English speaking person to translate from German to English. It's silly, but that fact alone makes finding someone extremely difficult as I don't think there's many native English speakers in this community who also speak perfect German. And since he's ignoring e-mails from translators, even professional ones, it just means that your effort here is most likely useless anyway. Even if you were able to hook him up with a translator, this person would probably just get snippets of text from L&P as he's apparently doing all the translation on his own, except if he needs an opinion on random lines he's unsure about. He wouldn't outsource his entire script for whatever reason. Scared of leaks? Scared that his community could get behind the fact that there isn't even a fully written script as he claims all the time? Nobody really knows what's going on. L&P is the North-Korea of VN development.

One thing I'm curious about is what an actual translator (or developer) thinks about the pace mentioned, though. 1.3 MS Word pages of German translated into English per day. As a full-time job. Good, bad, or ugly? Most of us know the answer, but it would be nice hearing honest opinions from other developers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Dog and xxxorro

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
The thing is, I'm neither interested in the bigger picture, nor in translating. I don't even translate my own game, so why would I want to translation someone elses game? Of course, getting more patrons is nice, but I'm not a money whore, I'm not going to do stuff I don't want to do just to get some money.
If L&P really has trouble with the translation, then there are several ways to do something about it. Ask people for help, pay a translator, use websites, there's also some really good translation software out there... or he could just ditch the translation, someone will make one anyways.
It's not that he really needs me to do that.
Ok...

1635914696243.png

To be fair we don't even know if he wants help, he just takes too much time translating.

Hope I didn't take too much time from you, keep working in your great game, waiting for the next update. XD

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
One thing I'm curious about is what an actual translator (or developer) thinks about the pace mentioned, though. 1.3 MS Word pages of German translated into English per day. As a full-time job. Good, bad, or ugly?
You'll have to ask a translator^^
Hope I didn't take too much time from you, keep working in your great game, waiting for the next update. XD
All good^^

• Haha
Reactions: palmtrees89

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Well, with all due respect to the original question & also your answer, I seriously doubt that we'll ever see anything of this nature, other than in the fan art. I could be wrong (& hope I am) but there's logic in this view. We are years away from any real extra-marital sex but assuming it occurs & that game development doesn't stop, there would logically be many partners & different types of sex before Sophia would become corrupted enough to 'voluntarily' indulge in a gangbang. Incidentally, I say 'voluntarily' in irony quotes, as there's been much discussion concerning the subtleties of language & the term "gangbang" in the English of the UK is generally taken to refer to forced sex with multiple 'partners'.

As we've been told that forced sex won't occur, this makes such an event seem even less probable to me, despite the hints that have been dropped now & again. I've always assumed that these were some of the breadcrumbs of blueballing & not to be taken at face value. Unless L&P changes his mind decades from now & departs the vanilla path he has chosen, we'll see no gangbang IMO. Realistically & again only in my opinion, I believe the game will have come to an end long before anything like this is a possibility.
I understand your skepticism, of course, unfortunately, there are grounds for this.

Reactions: Old Dog

KolyaTbma

Jun 9, 2019
This is worst game what i have play. My opinion 3/10 (only because of the high quality image). Developer just milking their patrons telling how hard he is working (11h)with 2.5 page MS Word translating per day (it's about 4h 20min per page) after 4 year of developing game when he is translating by himself every update. During this time, he could learn English or find a good translator. At the same time, I don't even want to talk about the poor gameplay in 2021, where you just click-click-click-click and choose between "showing breasts" or not, a bad plot, and a curve system of character points, where 1 point Ellie> 5 Dylan, 30 points Sam =0 Zack, 1 lesbo >10 flirty (I wrote an approximate point system in the game, but something is clearly wrong with it) etc.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes