BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I get the impression that being German he is stubbornly insistant on perfection on quality of all aspects of the game. Maybe if CDPR had a German studio head calling the shots for the CP 2077 development, we might have had a much better game that came out end of 2021. Maybe half German.:D
HE IS NOT GERMAN ONLY LIVES IN GERMANY...

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Devs are their own bosses. There's a lot to be said in favour of this when it comes to creativity & no-one in their right mind would want to hamper the process, or try to artificially limit artistic freedom but if motivation is a combination of "carrot & stick" then the current Patreon model is not working well in the interests of many patrons. [I am a Patron but not of AWAM]. Some form of payment by results, (PBR), or a stoppage of payments whenever huge delays occur are possible answers. At present there's not much of a stick in play. This is in stark contrast to much of the working world, where there's plenty of stick but often just a piece of string where the carrot used to be.

At present the Patrons are perceived as contributors to a project, giving payment in the hopes this will inspire artists to greater heights. They are likened to "patrons of the arts" as they've appeared, in the modern sense, at least since Renaissance times. Obviously this isn't a very effective approach when it comes to volume &/or timeliness of output.

Patrons have just two options, i.e., to pay regularly, or not to pay. I sometimes choose the latter when a Dev's creativity flags. I also return if it picks up. If sufficient Patrons carry on paying when nothing is happening then it's possible that a 'comfort zone' can exist where money rolls in but work continues at a leisurely pace. Within the Patreon model as it is right now it's up to more Patrons to become pro-active & start withdrawing their sponsorship far more often. If this doesn't happen, IMO, things can only get worse, or stay the same, unless a Dev decides otherwise.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Devs are their own bosses. There's a lot to be said in favour of this when it comes to creativity & no-one in their right mind would want to hamper the process, or try to artificially limit artistic freedom but if motivation is a combination of "carrot & stick" then the current Patreon model is not working well in the interests of many patrons. [I am a Patron but not of AWAM]. Some form of payment by results, (PBR), or a stoppage of payments whenever huge delays occur are possible answers. At present there's not much of a stick in play. This is in stark contrast to much of the working world, where there's plenty of stick but often just a piece of string where the carrot used to be.

At present the Patrons are perceived as contributors to a project, giving payment in the hopes this will inspire artists to greater heights. They are likened to "patrons of the arts" as they've appeared, in the modern sense, at least since Renaissance times. Obviously this isn't a very effective approach when it comes to volume &/or timeliness of output.

Patrons have just two options, i.e., to pay regularly, or not to pay. I sometimes choose the latter when a Dev's creativity flags. I also return if it picks up. If sufficient Patrons carry on paying when nothing is happening then it's possible that a 'comfort zone' can exist where money rolls in but work continues at a leisurely pace. Within the Patreon model as it is right now it's up to more Patrons to become pro-active & start withdrawing their sponsorship far more often. If this doesn't happen, IMO, things can only get worse, or stay the same, unless a Dev decides otherwise.
much of what you said i absolutely agreed.
patreon system is well-intended but undefined and leaves paths to corruption.
there got to be some carrot & stick otherwise situation for patrons will get worse. being here for some time i noticed trend of extending gaps beween updates. especially from devs receiving large support.
if you have 1 update in 7 months you'll be charged once in that 7 months, you won't be paying for devs idle work and easygoing approach. forced monthly support becomes subscription and it is fair to request better productivity. again especially from ones that made industry out of it and can afford better services to their clients (not any more patrons)
as you said these devs are no more renessaince artists, but well calculated businessmen.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I have already said this before: L&P isn't a good businessman, he has not earned all the patrons that he could have with a game of such popularity. This game is almost four times more popular than Fashion Business, yet DM has more patrons and he is earning more money (now he has a second game, even more patrons). Games with such popularity as this one tend to have more than 3000 patrons.

In terms of quality and popularity, this dev is underpaid, precisely because of the slow development.
I.e. Self inflicted.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes