DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
This sucks, in case you didnt already know, no more NOPY, and they were the best site to download games from. i never had issues with.

Nopy started as a side project in June 2017, with the goal of creating a sustainable, ad free, privacy focused, full speed file hosting service. Despite some issues here and there, we're incredibly proud to say that we were successful for these past 4 years. We never imagined this weekend project would grow to serve 10s of millions of files and over 15 petabytes of bandwidth every month. Even more astounding is the level of support nopy received from the userbase, fueling our growth and allowing us to maintain a high level 100% community driven service.

However, unfortunately we are now no longer able to continue operating, due to issues with payment processors. We use Patreon and Buymeacoffee for collecting donations, who in turn use Paypal, Stripe, and Payoneer for payouts. Stripe payouts are only available in a limited number of countries. Our PayPal account was abruptly banned last year with no explanation or option to appeal. Finally, we started having issues with Payoneer 3 months ago, with severe delays in reissuing an expired debit card, and suddenly a couple of weeks ago they completely blocked our account, again with no explanation other than "it's under review", and no further response.

This means, as of now, we have lost all ability to receive payouts from our fundraising platforms, so are unable to continue paying the $6000 server bills. We've looked at other options like other crowdfunding platforms (the majority use Stripe/Paypal/Payoneer), accepting credit card donations directly (ideally need a legal entity in US/EU for VISA/MasterCard), crypto (not widespread enough/sustainable), registering as an LLC in US or EU (having to deal with sales tax/VAT/international tax law/IRS/etc), and ultimately we've come to the conclusion that there is no realistically viable alternative at the moment. Nor do we want to sell or transfer ownership of nopy just to have it plastered in ads, completely undermining the very reason why nopy was created in the first place.

It's impossible for us to put into words how disappointed we are that nopy has come to an end, especially as it is due to third party payment processors, rather than issues with the service itself or a lack of support from our userbase. We will pause the Patreon campaign, and keep the code, database, and files backed up. If we are able to make a come back in the future, then we certainly will. Those with accounts are still able to login and delete files from the backup if you so wish. The code is unlikely to be open sourced, as things would need to be tidied up quite a bit, but we'll see.

We'd like to give a massive thanks to all the fantastic people who supported nopy throughout the years, nopy wouldn't have lasted more than 6 months without your generosity. Additionally, a final thanks to those who offered their help, expertise, advice and support out of the kindness of their hearts (especially PixelRepublic, Ryahn, and jimmy).

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Hahaha same hard work as your dev stoperart, at least with this one we know when to expect the update did mr stoper gave a release date? Man i gotta say i freakin' love your double standard when it comes to what you post here and what you post on jessica's thread:LUL:
yes he gave it. obviously I don't like the stoper delay either (but at least he doesn't say bullshit) the difference is that a little bit of flame in the discussion here is fun.

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
yes he gave it. obviously I don't like the stoper delay either (but at least he doesn't say bullshit) the difference is that a little bit of flame in the discussion here is fun.
Did he, then what's the release date? Right right no bullshite there...
hopefully by the end of November; but it could arrive in mid December if development also includes late Sunday events. these are all assumptions, no one knows
Whoops...

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
It's funny when you start to recognize the assets in other works.
And the piece of luggage we discussed for many pages is there too, almost in the same position! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1484008
View attachment 1484009
from
According to L&P it's because they came from a trip recently (or are going to one, something like that) which was mentioned in previous updates.

Reactions: xxxorro

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
According to L&P it's because they came from a trip recently (or are going to one, something like that) which was mentioned in previous updates.
Yes, they came to visit their parents and they rented the apartment.
But this doesn't stop wild speculations from the tiniest details, otherwise what's the point of this forum ;)

PD 2, during the dinner
1636041208835.png

PD 12, the wedding dress event
1636041307181.png

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
People need to accept that it going be another 2 years before this VN is where you want it to be.

Does that suck? yes, of course, it does but is it understandable? yes, it is understandable.

I gave up on this thread, I rather discuss AWAM but it's the same ole thing in here, every single page.

NO SEX SCENES, WHEN WILL IT HAPPEN, IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW, NOT ENOUGH CONTENT, NOT ENOUGH OF THE RIGHT CONTENT, THE UPDATES TAKE TOO LONG.

I guess technically that is talking about AWAM lol

maybe in 2 years time, this thread after reaching 20,000 pages of the same complaint will finally stop with the same ole complaints, maybe but prob not.
You are way too optimistic with 2 years.
After all last 2 days in the game are taking almost 2 full years.

Lio.k01

Sep 26, 2021
And I understand that the Android versions of Dylan will lose again on the parks scene, right? where he ran with Sofia.. why does it always lose in the Android version?! Wherever I download Dylan's game in this scene, for some reason he loses, no matter what I do

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes