SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About all the lighting COINCIDENCES some nerds pointed out. You have doomed all of us to longer development cycles. Once the dev reads this thread he will be forced to forever consider the location of celestial bodies before finalizing the render. :HideThePain:

Next we'll have a menstrual cycle thrown in somewhere. That'd be a weird tag to see on this thread.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020

About all the lighting COINCIDENCES some nerds pointed out. You have doomed all of us to longer development cycles. Once the dev reads this thread he will be forced to forever consider the location of celestial bodies before finalizing the render. :HideThePain:

Next we'll have a menstrual cycle thrown in somewhere. That'd be a weird tag to see on this thread.

Wel if you read his patreon description, you would know that from the very beginning he has taken into consideration the position of the sun with respect to the time of the day, where the shadows should fall based on that, the environment in general is important to him.
And if you really compare them to the environments of other games you can clearly see how engaging or lifelike the environments are in this game.

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
Wel if you read his patreon description, you would know that from the very beginning he has taken into consideration the position of the sun with respect to the time of the day, where the shadows should fall based on that, the environment in general is important to him.
And if you really compare them to the environments of other games you can clearly see how engaging or lifelike the environments are in this game.
It's been years since I've read L&P's patreon. I'll get right on it. Lighten up, have some fun.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The fact that he is still using Genesis 3 models surprised me but not in a good way.
But maybe it's just some of them, wouldn't surprise me if Dylan is Gen 3 and Sophia Gen 8.
Dylan always looked a bit off to me.
Sophia is from what we can tell is EJ Adora and Dylan is primarily Tween Ryan 7, so both Gen 3. That Tween Ryan 7 is designed for characters at most 12 years old may be why he "looked a bit off".

Once you have the right add-ons, using things like Gen 8 clothing on a Gen 3 model is pretty easy.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Could someone explain to me what is meant by this? Export daz models to blender? :unsure:
You can export daz3d models/characters ( and other things, like props or environments ) to other 3D programs. Blender is another 3D program. Lot's of people use multiple 3D programs on their work, since certain programs are better for certain tasks. Like Blender is a lot better at making animations than daz3d.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Could someone explain to me what is meant by this? Export daz models to blender? :unsure:
Blender is a 3D modeller, a good one, like Maya, 3dsmax.
DazToBlender is a script created by DAZ to export a character (ex: EJ Adora our Sophia) to Blender.
What happens? This script creates a file that Blender can read it. Also this script can collect all maps and gives to the other program (Blender), the links to all maps a character needed (normals, displacement , bump, transparency....).
You can export poses, morphs for a character but also props (houses, cars, ...)
DAZ has a his own 3DModeller (Hexagon) but isn't at same level.
Have to say that Blender3.0 has a new Render engine: CyclesX, very fast and more than all, Blender has a physics part (simulation for clothes with diff kind of materials: leather, silk, denim,....), wind, ......
Animations also
Have to say that is easier to pose in DAZ than Blender.

This is the type of problems that occur when exporting from DAZ to Blender, and this DazToBlender script isn't updated for Blender3.0 .
So.png

This render is made in Blender3.0, my old pc. As you see a good one, good denoiser

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
DazToBlender is a script created by DAZ to export a character (ex: EJ Adora our Sophia) to Blender.
What happens? This script creates a file that Blender can read it. Also this script can colect all maps and gives to the other program (Blender), the links to all maps a character needed (normals, displacement , bump, transparency....).
Have to say that Blender3.0 has a new Render engine: CyclesX, very fast and more than all, Blender has a physics part (simulation for clothes with diff kind of materials: leather, silk, denim,....), wind, ......
Animations also

This is the type of problems that occur when exporting from DAZ to Blender, and this DazToBlender script isn't updated for Blender3.0 .
View attachment 1584334

This render is made in Blender3.0, my old pc. As you see a good one, good denoiser
Love the eyelashes
The joys of Daz and its problems

Last edited:

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
You can export daz3d models/characters ( and other things, like props or environments ) to other 3D programs. Blender is another 3D program. Lot's of people use multiple 3D programs on their work, since certain programs are better for certain tasks. Like Blender is a lot better at making animations than daz3d.

What happens? This script creates a file that Blender can read it. Also this script can colect all maps and gives to the other program (Blender), the links to all maps a character needed (normals, displacement , bump, transparency....).
Animations also

View attachment 1584334

Does that mean I have to design models in DAZ3D first and then export to blender? That I directly design models with blender does not work? That seems to be very laborious, right? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Does that mean I have to design models in DAZ3D first and then export to blender? That I directly design models with blender does not work? That seems to be very laborious, right? :unsure:
No character used in DAZ was created in DAZ. Too dificult. The process is in reverse, from 3DModeller to DAZ
A 3Dmodeller was used first, and the process is as follows:
1.sculpting - we give a shape
2.retopology - we give a mesh
3.rigging - we give bones

After this, set the file to be recognized by DAZ3D.

P.S.
But if you modify EJ Adora (for exemple) you can export it with these modifications. Then you import them into Blender and you can : render, animations, simulation,...

Last edited:

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
No character used in DAZ was created in DAZ. Too dificult. The process is in reverse, from 3DModeller to DAZ
A 3Dmodeller was used first, and the process is as follows:
1.sculpting - we give a shape
2.retopology - we give a mesh
3.rigging - we give bones

After this, set the file to be recognized by DAZ3D.

P.S.
But if you modify EJ Adora (for exemple) you can export it with these modifications. Then you import them into Blender and you can : render, animations, simulation,...
Ok... :ROFLMAO:
image0.gif

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes