BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Are you trolling now? Weren't you the one who really wanted to compare the non-existent animations with those in BeingADIK? As I said back then, animation is superfluous, and this is just for you now, L&P animation would look better!
Aren't you a little prick now tryin' to take out of context what i said back then, it still has nothing to compare to BaDIK in terms of animations maybe that joke of a loop animation sex scene between her neighbours:ROFLMAO:... now what i was tryin' to say here is why we would need animations and to be more precisely need animations on what cuz there is no sex right now (i assume that he will use animations only in sex scenes and not when she learns to play the piano ffs) we all know that her first sex scene is yrs away so he can have all the time in the world to learn that but hey any excuse to stall even more is a good one... yeah lp animations would look better if Dr. PinkCake will do those for him, maybe he should try to hire him:KEK:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Aren't you a little prick now tryin' to take out of context what i said back then, it still has nothing to compare to BaDIK in terms of animations maybe that joke of a loop animation sex scene between her neighbours:ROFLMAO:... now what i was tryin' to say here is why we would need animations and to be more precisely need animations on what cuz there is no sex right now (i assume that he will use animations only in sex scenes and not when she learns to play the piano ffs) we all know that her first sex scene is yrs away so he can have all the time in the world to learn that but hey any excuse to stall even more is a good one... yeah lp animations would look better if Dr. PinkCake will do those for him, maybe he should try to hire him:KEK:
Oh, an unfriendly troll. Something new. And I didn't take anything out of context. You're just mad because someone exposed you. You know, back then I was just joking around with you in a friendly way because you were fighting with unfair means, today I'm just returning the compliment you had for me.

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Depends on the Animations and their quality I guess. A 50/50 for me.

If he's doing literally anything related to this new feature on his own, you can expect even slower updates. That's my biggest concern, because he's already close to doubling the time for 1/3rd of a PD considering the current progress. Last release November 20th, next one probably in early to mid February from what it looks like at the moment. That would mean somewhere between 2,5-3 months for 1/10th of a PD. Previous update with 1/3rd of a PD in 4,5-5 months if I remember correctly. Certainly 5 if we count in the days off, which we should in my opinion. So that's a hard NO on this one.

Basically same as above. Hard NO again.

Possible. Some people love animations, others don't really care. Another 50/50 I guess.

So unless L&P finds actual help to speed up the progress, it does look pretty bad for us if you ask me.
Animations are worthy embellishments if classy, but should never be regarded as "special effects" to cheapen the artistic content and script (as in the great American film industry). Usually a distraction and often horribly cheesy.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Oh, an unfriendly troll. Something new. And I didn't take anything out of context. You're just mad because someone exposed you. You know, back then I was just joking around with you in a friendly way because you were fighting with unfair means, today I'm just returning the compliment you had for me.
So accurate and I have no idea what that toad said.:):LOL:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Animations are worthy embellishments if classy, but should never be regarded as "special effects" to cheapen the artistic content and script (as in the great American film industry). Usually a distraction and often horribly cheesy.
Agreed! Kind of like JJ Abrams is good at explosions and flares and NOTHING ELSE! Did I mention that JJ is responsible for destroying 2 TWO famous sci fi story lines! Ooops just a little rant.:ROFLMAO::cool:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Alyssa was built from scratch whether it is a G-3 or G-8 is unknown.
Ellie is a G-3 model but this could of changed
Aiden/Dylan/Sam where G-3 but this could of changed
Sophia was a G-3 model but now is a G-8.
Converting the models from G-3 to G-8 brings it own problems concerning putting G-8 assets on a converted G-3 model as some of you will already know this doing Fan Art.
Problems that are solved in hours with some google searches so an expert in daz shouldn't have an issue figuring it out.

Let's not start pretending that converting to G8 is an excuse to delay this update even further than what is going to be already.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Problems that are solved in hours with some google searches so an expert in daz shouldn't have an issue figuring it out.

Let's not start pretending that converting to G8 is an excuse to delay this update even further than what is going to be already.
I never said it was an excuse as it took me minutes to convert Sophia from a G-3 to a G-8 and as far as I know the other characters are still the same model.
Converting the characters can come with problems though even when using Xtransfer character converter.

Reactions: nexer

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Depends on the Animations and their quality I guess. A 50/50 for me.

If he's doing literally anything related to this new feature on his own, you can expect even slower updates. That's my biggest concern, because he's already close to doubling the time for 1/3rd of a PD considering the current progress. Last release November 20th, next one probably in early to mid February from what it looks like at the moment. That would mean somewhere between 2,5-3 months for 1/10th of a PD. Previous update with 1/3rd of a PD in 4,5-5 months if I remember correctly. Certainly 5 if we count in the days off, which we should in my opinion. So that's a hard NO on this one.

Basically same as above. Hard NO again.

Possible. Some people love animations, others don't really care. Another 50/50 I guess.

So unless L&P finds actual help to speed up the progress, it does look pretty bad for us if you ask me.
It's happening exactly what we said would happen and what happened in the past also.

He changes things in order to deliver faster but then finds a way to delay it even further than what it was. The last time was the computer upgrade, about a year ago.

"I can now render 3 times faster"

"Oh btw, I'm going to increase this to 1080p even though the upscale script someone posted looks the same"
"Oh that faster render time? It's negated by me now rendering at native 1080, sorry about that"

And then people got 2 updates. Lmao.

Expect 2/5s of this PD this year, if he ever gets to end of year in patreon.

Last edited:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I never said it was an excuse as it took me minutes to convert Sophia from a G-3 to a G-8 and as far as I know the other characters are still the same model.
Thank you for clarifying that in case someone else, specially those who understand 0, start hijacking that fact as an excuse for L&P.

• Haha
Reactions: Lukereds

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Another game that started out great and has derailed into miniscule updates every once in a while. This is a CHRONIC pattern in games now. While making it worse, nothing happening with the mom and kids, you know the thing most people WANT to happen?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
But I don't believe in that best case scenario. Instead, I believe he's pursuing another vanity project that will make him happy and do nothing to improvement development time or the quality of the game. I'll even put some skin in the game. I'll bet a profile pic declaring my eternal undying love for L&P if he announces something worth a damn by January 2nd. I'll eat my words and even join his Patreon at the base level for one month. But that announcement has to come with some sort of tangible result- some sort of deliverable product that proves his efforts are working. I can be patient, but it can't be something like "Hey everyone, it's January 2nd, my new computer is going to use advanced AI to create art. It should be ready to run by the end of the year! I guess GingerSweetGirl has to change her profile pic!"
Yes, I'm quoting myself, sue me. I just wanted to double back to this to emphasize that I followed up on a bet. Since the announcement on December 18th- the one that gave us no details about anything but delayed the project- the allotted time has passed and nothing concrete has been announcing relating to this next update. I wanted to draw attention to this in order to give some context to the passage of time. Three weeks ago we got the notification that the update was delayed and that L&P was working on something big. That "something big" would be essential to the next update. Here we are, three weeks later and we don't have any details- only a short post on the Forum asking for help with Blender. The next update is still due at the end of the month, but time is ticking.

Considering that three weeks has passed without a substantial update, I think it's safe to say that the update is either slipping to February, or the new feature won't be included in it. Considering that he just reached out to the F95 community for help a couple of days ago, I think it's safe to assume that progress on Blender is only just beginning. Meanwhile, have we heard anything more about his outreach to other devs? Do we know if any offered to help?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I think you can pretty easily connect the dots.

He mentions "special dev" and "special task" and that he got a high powered 2nd PC. And that it's important for this update.

Connecting the dots says the special task will be done on the 2nd PC. And the special dev will in some way or another be involved in that task.

----
Jump forward to now, and using his post about blender, the "special task" obviously involves Blender. The "special dev" is whoever the "helper" he mentions in that thread. That special dev helper doesn't know about daz, so he had to ask f95 members to help export the stuff.

So:

The special task will be done in blender on the 2nd PC. With the help of a special dev who specializes in blender.

After much speculation and theory about what this could mean the only thing that makes sense is animation.

He is currently working on exporting everything needed for the animations to blender so the special dev helper can make them.

I suspect they've been talking about what the animations would be or he has had them on-hold until he gets to the section of the update that will contain them. So that's why he is just now exporting things.

When the special dev has the animation ready to be rendered, they'll send them to LP so he can render them on the 2nd PC.

But that leads to a new issue. What could possibly happen in this update to warrant animation? Either things are picking up quicker than we expect, or he is doing some non-lewd animations. Maybe like the jogging event where he made a render of each step Sophia took so her boobs giggled. Instead of renders, he wants those things to be animated instead.

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
Thinking about the second PC and the "special dev" I would say setting up an Iray Render Server makes more sense.
This way the other dev doesn't have to wait for L&P and can just use the new PC to render remotely.

Edit: I got curious and extracted the game to look at his code and can anyone with some Renpy experience explain to me why he defined every single render?
What is the advantage of it compared to just using the name of the render?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: nexer

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I don't know if I'm more excited for the update or everyone's reaction to the update
Be excited for the update only. The reaction I can tell you right now.

1. 3 months for this shit
2. Dev is a milker and liar.
3. No sex even now
4. That was completely unrealistic
5. He didn't need to include the bonus storyline.

If by chance whatever he is working on is also included in this update then
6. I don't care about this, he just wasted time.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I think you can pretty easily connect the dots.

He mentions "special dev" and "special task" and that he got a high powered 2nd PC. And that it's important for this update.

Connecting the dots says the special task will be done on the 2nd PC. And the special dev will in some way or another be involved in that task.

----
Jump forward to now, and using his post about blender, the "special task" obviously involves Blender. The "special dev" is whoever the "helper" he mentions in that thread. That special dev helper doesn't know about daz, so he had to ask f95 members to help export the stuff.

So:

The special task will be done in blender on the 2nd PC. With the help of a special dev who specializes in blender.

After much speculation and theory about what this could mean the only thing that makes sense is animation.

He is currently working on exporting everything needed for the animations to blender so the special dev helper can make them.

I suspect they've been talking about what the animations would be or he has had them on-hold until he gets to the section of the update that will contain them. So that's why he is just now exporting things.

When the special dev has the animation ready to be rendered, they'll send them to LP so he can render them on the 2nd PC.

But that leads to a new issue. What could possibly happen in this update to warrant animation? Either things are picking up quicker than we expect, or he is doing some non-lewd animations. Maybe like the jogging event where he made a render of each step Sophia took so her boobs giggled. Instead of renders, he wants those things to be animated instead.
I am very concerned about his use of the term 'helper'. It is just out there with no actual announcement that he got a helper / hired a helper / has fulfilled a promise. If he had I would expect an actual announcement. "I am happy to tell you I have a Special Assistant that will focus a task that I have wanted to add to the VN for a long time." Has he done this? Anyone? Bane 71, jamdan, darji, anyone?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes