Malika1234

Sep 27, 2021
Well we dont know what Dev/s are going through... life happens plus covid and shit doesnt help. I dont mind waiting... there are other games to play in the meantime. Give dev/s some time and im sure the dev time will improve soon.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Well we dont know what Dev/s are going through... life happens plus covid and shit doesnt help. I dont mind waiting... there are other games to play in the meantime. Give dev/s some time and im sure the dev time will improve soon.
That's very true but we all have lives, with associated complications & things that don't go as planned, or how we might have wished, as well as all the unexpected stuff. Life can be very difficult. Nobody here wants L&P to suffer any undue hardship. It is rather the case, that through enlightened self-interest, we wish him health, wealth & happiness! There's a pattern to the way it goes with AWAM, however.

Imagine needing to revise for an important but difficult exam, only to find that your sock drawer needs sorting out. Then you remember that you have the right combination of colours to create a subdued rainbow effect, with a side-bar of black & white. It's something you've always considered & now is the time....

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Imagine needing to revise for an important but difficult exam, only to find that your sock drawer needs sorting out. Then it occurs to you that you have the right combination of colours to create a subdued rainbow effect, with a side-bar of black & white. It's something you've always considered & now is the time....
I have to be real honest, I don't get the point you're trying to make. Are you trying to say that L&P is distracted?

Reactions: Toushiro

Lukasz1

May 20, 2018

After spending almost a week for searching and writing to people, I think it must be hundreds of them (it was a really stressy week!!!), I finally found some right ones for helping me (at least I hope so)! I also had a live stream with one who's really good, who taught me some stuff, so that I can move on with my usual project again now. It was really, really hard to find the right people, and actually, I'm still looking for someone for the last part. But I think it will work out sooner or later. It must!
Like I said, you will hopefully already see the result in the next update. To realise this it cost me a lot of nerves (and some money). And it's just the beginning.
Like I already said, it will be a huge enrichment of the game! And some of the people I found are also really skilled in art design and could also maybe even help me with the scene creation, to speed this part up as well! But probably not with Daz Studio.
You'll know more about all of this after the next update. Just a little bit of patience please.

Xyzwvu

Apr 3, 2021
Please suggest

Malika1234

Sep 27, 2021

After spending almost a week for searching and writing to people, I think it must be hundreds of them (it was a really stressy week!!!), I finally found some right ones for helping me (at least I hope so)! I also had a live stream with one who's really good, who taught me some stuff, so that I can move on with my usual project again now. It was really, really hard to find the right people, and actually, I'm still looking for someone for the last part. But I think it will work out sooner or later. It must!
Like I said, you will hopefully already see the result in the next update. To realise this it cost me a lot of nerves (and some money). And it's just the beginning.
Like I already said, it will be a huge enrichment of the game! And some of the people I found are also really skilled in art design and could also maybe even help me with the scene creation, to speed this part up as well! But probably not with Daz Studio.
You'll know more about all of this after the next update. Just a little bit of patience please.
take your time, and dont stress yourself too much! people will still complain, you cant make everyone happy!

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
That's very true but we all have lives, with associated complications & things that don't go as planned, or how we might have wished, as well as all the unexpected stuff. Life can be very difficult. Nobody here wants L&P to suffer any undue hardship. It is rather the case, that through enlightened self-interest, we wish him health, wealth & happiness! There's a pattern to the way it goes with AWAM, however.

Imagine needing to revise for an important but difficult exam, only to find that your sock drawer needs sorting out. Then you remember that you have the right combination of colours to create a subdued rainbow effect, with a side-bar of black & white. It's something you've always considered & now is the time....
He is & he provides the distractions himself. I was attempting humour based on the number of things I can designate as urgent, when I just don't want to undertake some onerous chore. More seriously, I think the observable pattern is an indication of how the Dev is losing interest.
I have known L&P since its early days with AWAM and have been in contact with him ever since. And one thing I can confirm. He is definitely not distracted, lost his interest or what has been suspected here, he would have a burn out. All nonsense.
He has never lost his love for his game. Maybe you can call him stubborn, yeah. Which is not necessarily a negative thing. He just does his thing. He will (have to) always adapt AWAM anew, because the game will not be finished before 10 years. What I also don´t like of course!

But there's no point in posting his inertia every minute. Nothing is going to change. It will always take its time until there will be an update. Of the nearly 84000 posts, you could delete 50000, since this is all about him taking so long. The only thing that could bring him down is his patreons. But again, he has his base of around 1700 that will support him no matter how long it takes him to update. And now if he'll just add his animations to his game.... and they will be extremely good ones, because his goal is to always want to be the best, his supporters will soon be 3k or even 4k.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Why is everything with L&P always a 'maybe','possibly','could','hopefully','probably'? This post again is very confusing to me. It's just very vague and doesn't provide any useful information, really. "It" could work out, but "It" could also fail or get delayed?

"Like I said, you will hopefully already see the result in the next update" - Except that's not what he previously said. He made it pretty clear that he "has to do it now" because it "already concerns this update" and we'd already be seeing results in the upcoming release, kissing his feet for how awesome and special it is. Then again, he said many different things concerning this whole...whatever it is.

That's another thing I don't get. Why make such a big deal out of it, saying that we'll get more information after the update when in reality (or not) we'll be able to see for ourselves what it's gonna be anyway? Why not just say "Hey guys, I'm trying to implement Animations into the game", or "I'm working on something which might cause a slight delay for the next release but hopefully you'll be seeing first results in the next update. More infos soon.". Why all this pointless talk that doesn't tell us a damn thing?

Great, apparently he's found some people to work with, or maybe he didn't, but he's hoping...What? And yet he still needs another one for the "last part", whatever that's supposed to mean. And what if he can't find a guy for this last part? Does that mean it'd get cancelled? And if one of them can somehow help him with scene creation- maybe, possibly, hopefully, in the future (but not in DAZ, lol), does that mean we're going back to 1/3rd of a PD in 6 months instead of what's currently looking like 2, maybe 3/10ths of a PD in 6 months at most?

And, sorry, but asking his supporters for "a little bit of patience" is just a bad joke at this point. That's probably the single biggest thing he shouldn't ask for after all this time. Anyway, this whole post, again, creates more questions than answers. Atleast we're not 5 months away from the next release, so maybe I'm just overreacting and everything becomes crystal clear soon.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

Let's imagine that you need a helper and that this helper cannot and should not have access to all the information.
In this case you have to prepare the material that this helper will work on.
If you are looking for a Blender pro you must deliver Blender compatible material. Here are some steps that L&P will have to do and if he doesn't know he will have to learn.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
LoL, no I have not run out of selfies. To be honest, I didn't think anyone would notice if I changed my avatar. It's a model I've been playing with in Daz and I really liked how the render came out, so I figured I'd use it as an avatar. But clearly I struck a nerve lol.
Public pressure in action :love:. I support the "Free Nipple" movement. We need more members. Vote :ROFLMAO:
But I think you can use both, half you, half the character you created.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Let's imagine that you need a helper and that this helper cannot and should not have access to all the information.
In this case you have to prepare the material that this helper will work on.
If you are looking for a Blender pro you must deliver Blender compatible material. Here are some steps that L&P will have to do and if he doesn't know he will have to learn.
If it was a matter of National Security, sure. I've worked for my country's military, where I was completely fine in not having access to certain information. But that's most certainly not the case here. Many, if not all other devs I've encountered here disclose the assets they use. My favourites even provide their dufs.

We would have absolutely no delay in update production if L&P wasn't precious about the assets he uses.

Reactions: BorgiaBou
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes