Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
While I agree with you insofar as some critic of "Inspektor Even Slower" (a wordplay on a character from the spoof crime movie "Der Wixxer", literally "The Fapper") is over the top, the fact remains that his messages are simply for the rubbish box. Who does L&P wants to hoodwink with his verbal Diarrhea? He is a team of possibly, just possibly, two people, NOT Lucasfilm, Pixar, UFA, Studio Ghibli, Key or Gainax! Supposedly 3 Months of Animation for what? At the current point in the story that would be for Sophia walking down the school corridor in HD or so? Completely unnecessary and more, 3 months work would be reaching industry standard and I simply do not believe L&P going there for something this trivial! I agree with, I think it was Chucked_Sandwich, who said that he cant wait to see L&P´s trumpeted stock animation, which will still have taken 3 months time.
I just wait for the first time, L&P copies further excuses from Gumdrop and mentions motion capturing equipment ordered!:p
I found his statement to be insulting to every other dev out there that has aminations in there game as there's will be rubbish/amateurish compared to his.
Does this dev really have such a high opinion of himself? As I see no reason to insult others people's work

Last edited:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
While I agree with you insofar as some critic of "Inspektor Even Slower" (a wordplay on a character from the spoof crime movie "Der Wixxer", literally "The Fapper") is over the top, the fact remains that his messages are simply for the rubbish box. Who does L&P wants to hoodwink with his verbal Diarrhea? He is a team of possibly, just possibly, two people, NOT Lucasfilm, Pixar, UFA, Studio Ghibli, Key or Gainax! Supposedly 3 Months of Animation for what? At the current point in the story that would be for Sophia walking down the school corridor in HD or so? Completely unnecessary and more, 3 months work would be reaching industry standard and I simply do not believe L&P going there for something this trivial! I agree with, I think it was Chucked_Sandwich, who said that he cant wait to see L&P´s trumpeted stock animation, which will still have taken 3 months time.
I just wait for the first time, L&P copies further excuses from Gumdrop and mentions motion capturing equipment ordered!:p
You know what pisses me off in both this message and the previous one. Is that both of you call it 3 months of animation. Whereas in reality. There was no animation work done in December. In January he looked for people, 2 left in between. Learnt Blender, organized for voice actors, this even poured into February. Plus even the basic maths for rendering will tell you it is a very time consuming process in itself. 24fps and 10 seconds each for 10 animations. Easy to count the number of frames that too with his render quality and scene work and detail. His scenes are heavy which is pretty well known on this thread. And this is only the Rendering time, not even the time for actual creation. Plus he mentioned matching the art from the two different programs.

i have no issues with people loving other games. But why talk about them here. The dev he mentioned most definitely has a team and has 14000+ patrons. Plus I never really had much issues with interpreting what he has written. If I ever did, I just asked him directly, so it becomes clear to me. I don't like to complain in a void repeatedly so I just clear it out for myself or try to see if I can tie up all information and then at the same time use my head and see what is logical and what is not.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
You know what pisses me off in both this message and the previous one. Is that both of you call it 3 months of animation. Whereas in reality. There was no animation work done in December. In January he looked for people, 2 left in between. Learnt Blender, organized for voice actors, this even poured into February. Plus even the basic maths for rendering will tell you it is a very time consuming process in itself. 24fps and 10 seconds each for 10 animations. Easy to count the number of frames that too with his render quality and scene work and detail. His scenes are heavy which is pretty well known on this thread. And this is only the Rendering time, not even the time for actual creation. Plus he mentioned matching the art from the two different programs.

i have no issues with people loving other games. But why talk about them here. The dev he mentioned most definitely has a team and has 14000+ patrons. Plus I never really had much issues with interpreting what he has written. If I ever did, I just asked him directly, so it becomes clear to me. I don't like to complain in a void repeatedly so I just clear it out for myself or try to see if I can tie up all information and then at the same time use my head and see what is logical and what is not.
it will surprise you but they are not 10 animations; but only 4 but with 10 different angles
Screenshot_1.jpg

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
it will surprise you but they are not 10 animations; but only 4 but with 10 different angles
View attachment 1696551
Well that's great news most definitely. Though I will still stick with his previous messages
Screenshot_2022-02-24-23-29-12-047_com.android.chrome~3.jpg
1696118_1645761958463~2.png

How is he really incorporating 10 angles in each animation and what is the process and needed renders for that, I can't comprehend before actually seeing one. Because even with Decentmonkey I have only seen 3-4 camera angles max with any animation and those guys have done tons of animations for years.

He said his animations are 10 seconds long. So most definitely he won't do something like 1 angle per second for 10 angles in 10 seconds. What could this mean, I don't understand what kind of animation that would look like because I definitely haven't seen such an animation.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Well that's great news most definitely. Though I will still stick with his previous messages
View attachment 1696567
View attachment 1696569

How is he really incorporating 10 angles in each animation and what is the process and needed renders for that, I can't comprehend before actually seeing one. Because even with Decentmonkey I have only seen 3-4 camera angles max with any animation and those guys have done tons of animations for years.

He said his animations are 10 seconds long. So most definitely he won't do something like 1 angle per second for 10 angles in 10 seconds. What could this mean, I don't understand.
I guess if it is 1-10 angles on each characters(4 people)then I guess every angle known to humankind will be covered

Last edited:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I guess if it is 1-10 angles on each characters(4 people)then I guess every angle known to humankind will be covered
He did say once in a post that "you will be able to see everything" or something along the lines. So I don't know.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
View attachment 1696567
View attachment 1696569

He said his animations are 10 seconds long. So most definitely he won't do something like 1 angle per second for 10 angles in 10 seconds. What could this mean, I don't understand what kind of animation that would look like because I definitely haven't seen such an animation.
I think the 10 corners are not for each animation, but in total distributed over the 4 animations. example animation 1 with 3 points of view (aiden sophia andre) animation 2 with 2 points of view etc.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

You know what I take a dim view of? Whitewashing something so stained it will still show afterwards! It will be 3 months of animation when he finally releases his "masterwork", mark my words, he will suck an excuse out of his fingers so he will release in April the soonest, but it would not surprise me if he delays it into May. By the way, it is only 4 animations with several angles!

Besides, for his woes we have just his word, which is questionable at best, but the timeframe is just one thing. His posts are insulting to other developers and their animations. He takes his mouth quite full for someone making his first major animations and if his supposed troubles would be/are real, then I would be doubly careful trumpeting animations, which are made on the fly by comparison! Something is definitely foul in the State of Denmark here! Too many things not fitting right, which makes this whole "superior animations" very questionable. Most likely we will see a couple slightly reworked stock animations looped, nothing more. Anything even just halfway reaching what L&P boasts about would be the MAJOR surprise of the year! But do not wait for it to happen.
You know why I jokingly brought up Gumdrop´s "motion captioning"? L&P´s excuses follow closely the pattern, even theme of how Gummy does his excuses. L&P is a fast learner when it coes to this!

Addendum since seeing your new post: Now I am convinced he is full of s...! Because if he just slightly(!) wants to reach the quality he talks about, he will NEVER release in March, May the soonest if he makes quality anis! But no matter when he releases and what kind of quality, the question remains, why now? At this point in the story there is nothing major, which would justify animations of the supposed Kaliber! If he animates Aiden´s GF then this is completely superflouous!
Mark my words, something about this whole animations stuff for AWAM is fishy at best!

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
You know what I take a dim view of? Whitewashing something so stained it will still show afterwards! It will be 3 months of animation when he finally releases his "masterwork", mark my words, he will suck an excuse out of his fingers so he will release in April the soonest, but it would not surprise me if he delays it into May. By the way, it is only 4 animations with several angles!

Besides, for his woes we have just his word, which is questionable at best, but the timeframe is just one thing. His posts are insulting to other developers and their animations. He takes his mouth quite full for someone making his first major animations and if his supposed troubles would be/are real, then I would be doubly careful trumpeting animations, which are made on the fly by comparison! Something is definitely foul in the State of Denmark here! Too many things not fitting right, which makes this whole "superior animations" very questionable. Most likely we will see a couple slightly reworked stock animations looped, nothing more. Anything even just halfway reaching what L&P boasts about would be the MAJOR surprise of the year! But do not wait for it to happen.
You know why I jokingly brought up Gumdrop´s "motion captioning"? L&P´s excuses follow closely the pattern, even theme of how Gummy does his excuses. L&P is a fast learner when it coes to this!

Addendum since seeing your new post: Now I am convinced he is full of s...! Because if he just slightly(!) wants to reach the quality he talks about, he will NEVER release in March, May the soonest if he makes quality anis! But no matter when he releases and what kind of quality, the question remains, why now? At this point in the story there is nothing major, which would justify animations of the supposed Kaliber! If he animates Aiden´s GF then this is completely superflouous!
Mark my words, something about this whole animations stuff for AWAM is fishy at best!
If it is loop aminations from different camera angles then I fear that he has built up the hype for this event far too much

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes