hotNess

Jun 25, 2020
Reactions: Troy9000

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
In all fairness, this was a good update. The storylines keep the course. However, hands down, I'd trade the animations for the equivalent in events 101 out of 100 times. But I'm afraid this scheme will repeat and stay with us for good...

• Angry
Reactions: the3m_dude

hooopla308

Aug 1, 2019
Honestly since I got low bar and I don't pay, I'm not super disappointed. No idea why the dude thought it was an even slightly good idea to spend so much time animating a scene for a girl literally no one cares about but the Sofia scene was good enough for me lol. If I was a patron I'd definitely be done though.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
It's been how long since the last update and that's all you come up with?! Hell, the fan game that I saw had 10 times the payoff that this entire VN thus far has.

Reactions: JoJoPool and RCC14

JMM-n95

May 1, 2020
if he want to make a long-term story and a quality game ok i can understand that but man, u have to give something its been ages with nearly nothing, i took a break for months and when i came back, still nothing. how far with baby steps?

Clairs1759

Apr 2, 2022
Honestly since I got low bar and I don't pay, I'm not super disappointed. No idea why the dude thought it was an even slightly good idea to spend so much time animating a scene for a girl literally no one cares about but the Sofia scene was good enough for me lol. If I was a patron I'd definitely be done though.
what sofia scence? there is no sofia scene just zack touch her boobs thats it its good for you? wtf?

Troy9000

Jun 4, 2020
There is a possibility to be a full version 0.160 where the old scenes and new are in one package? With this patch when you go to make a save shows grey screen (I don't know if anyone else has the same problem or it's just to me).
I messed up my copy of .150 , it was perfect and i have to replay a fresh copy, the update patch didnt werk.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Trying to put a positive outlook on things:
I don't think there would be any outrage or disappointment about this update if it had been released in late January/early February (with the Aiden/Jennifer/Andre scene being shown in still shots). It would demonstrate that he could actually churn out a decent amount of content in 10-12 weeks. But that's just not our man, is it...

Task 4: I expected very little and that's exactly what we got.

AJA Bonus scene: That was a rape. And fuck you if you suggest otherwise. That being said, I genuinely appreciated the set up. It makes Aiden an even darker character. He's not just a sleazy entitled teenager, he's genuinely fucked up. That he'd put up his girlfriend as collateral for a bet with a friend and just brush aside her protests and then threatens her younger brother is definitely sociopathic, demonstrating his capacity dehumanize. Jennifer said quite explicitly that she did not want a threesome but Aiden went ahead and disregarded that, too. Andre's narcisism and lack of empathy were on display as well, building nicely on his cheeky;) antics in the classroom and haughty aggression earlier in the hallway.

I think Sophia is in for a rough ride if she (we) stay with the tasks. No spoiler here: I will be staying with the tasks.

I had to console-cheat to get the Morello scene, regretted doing so: I just hate it on so many levels. I did retain the save cuz a game like this, might as well keep a few paths going. Who knows what that favor might be if it ever does materialize.

Not gonna lie, the Dylan + Ellie scenes were really sweet, a pretty solid slice-of-life vignette. One question though, unless I missed it, shouldn't Christine's sister have been in the car at the very end?

L&P committed to doing animations and while there's no doubt he over-hyped the quality, the animations were definitely high quality as far as these games go and considering it's his first serious attempt. Of course there are better animations, I'm not an L&P fanboy, but I think a lot of the comments about the animations being crappy (and worse) are a reaction to L&P's bragging and the fact that it added two full months (at least) to the development and that it's between third/fourth tier characters, and do not represent an honest appraisal of on what's actually appearing on screen. The dude is so full of himself and so full of shit ( does that make him actual shit? I dunno, debate for another day I guess ) I doubt anyone here really believed his bluster or put much stock in it. 8.5/10 in context. Compared to the wider world of erotic/sex animation, 6.5/10.

The one thing I will say about the animations: the learning curve he's been on is now a sunk cost. It shouldn't be such a massive drag on production time in the future, and I think L&P will recognize he's maybe getting on to thinner and thinner ice with the hardcore, long-term Patreon supporters. The next animations better involve Ellie's pussy getting licked by her mother or Sophia's pussy getting licked by, preferably Ellie or Alyssa but really, I'd take Sam or Zach, even Dylan, at this point, just definitely someone other than Liam.

Overall, and factoring in the "investment" in animations and its potential for future payoff, I'm going to give this update 7.5/10.

Last edited:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Wish I had saved all of L&P's statements regarding his animations, but I guess most regulars in this thread know very well what had been said, so if anyone still believes that there's a professional animator creating these animations, I don't even know what to tell you. The animation's trailer we've seen weeks ago was better than these poor couple second loops that ended up in the game. Pretty clear to me that L&P was simply baiting people with the hype and his statements, making everyone think that we'd get to see those "minutes long", "best of the best" animations which "takes professionals several months to make". Animations which where supposed to put other developers out there to shame, but many of us saw it coming, so I'm not all that surprised.

When he released the trailer, people weren't exactly hyped about those animations, but who would have expected for L&P to use most of the animations created, melding them together and then come out with a trailer that's acting as straight up bait to keep the hype up? Anyone remember when L&P said the trailer would only be showing one animation with the lowest quality of them all? Kinda funny as the trailer consists of several animations and the quality didn't get any better, just a couple more few second long loops nobody would lose their shit about.

Remember when L&P came here and started shitting on other developers, saying how much better his animations are going to be? That he's got a professional, highly skilled artist creating animations on a much higher level, better than anything we've seen in other games? How other developers' animations would look amateurish in comparison? That those animations wouldn't just be a couple second long loops, but actual minutes of high quality content? And he didn't stop with these claims here on F95, he's also said the exact same things on his very own Patreon page, misleading everyone, Supporters and Pirates alike. He's literally lied about everything regarding his animations.

So now the results are very visible. We've got a lackluster update that should have been released months ago. L&P said the update wouldn't have worked without the animations, and that we'd see why after just a tiny bit more patience (which turned out to be months). I played through the entire update and I'm still failing to see how this is the case, like, at all. L&P could have literally added 2 or 3 renders as a placeholder for the Aiden/Andre/Jenn scene and release both updates months ago. Even his highest tier patrons asked why he can't release the updates, and he's simply lied to their faces.

Anyway. Besides the animation disaster, the actual update is extremely mediocre to me. I've actually had to force myself to play through it all the way which has never been the case for me before, I guess mostly thanks to the baseless effort from L&P hyping everything up for no reason with all his contradictive, cocky and arrogant statements. I'm personally not a fan of Aiden's character, but the only thing I was looking forward to was the 4th task as I find the naughty situations Sophia finds herself in quite entertaining, thinking that they would become hotter with every following task. But not so here, as the 4th task to me is simply a recycled and fluffed up version of previous ones, exception being the "Zac incident", which still was just slightly more than the infamous fabric touching in the end. The writing, as always, felt very inconsistent and at times even rushed, just like some of the scenes and transitions. I'm not going deeper into it so not to spoil anything for others, so I'll leave the following scenes out of my "review". But just for good measure; Nothing in this update was particularly mindblowing, but not completely terrible either. It's just pure mediocrity, which for a 5 month long wait is really disappointing, but also expected, unfortunately.

Also, the amount of re-used renders with only slightly different camera angles or positioning of hands, legs or whatever really makes me wonder if we can even consider this an update with ~520 renders, as in many conversations between the characters it looked like there was barely any difference at all, making me think that this can't take an experienced creator that long to make once the main scene is set up. Slightly move a body part, change a camera angle here, raise an eyebrow there. That's the impression I got in many renders, and some were actually completely reused with simply dialogue slapped onto them, making it seem like watching two plastic dolls having a conversation, with the camera going back and forth between the participants.

The 5 months were clearly spend on animations rather than the stills, which to me just confirms our theories of L&P not having anyone creating these animations. I've also checked the credits, just incase we would see a "Thank you XXX for creating the animations" or something along those lines, but obviously there's nothing. And after seeing these few second long loops, it's pretty clear why.

I give this update a 5/10 just because L&P's art is never a letdown. Could have been a much higher rating if he didn't waste all that time on animations, putting more work in the dialogue and more renders. But since that's not the case, everything else is just a huge disappointment.

Troy9000

Jun 4, 2020
Talk about needlessly complicated. I downloaded the patch and saved to V.0150 directory in the Game subfolder as noted above. I clicked on my last save, clicked ignore on the error and got to the correct photo as shown above:

"Run AWAM Part 1. If you see:
View attachment 1755232

Your AWAM Part 1 is up to date."

However I DO NOT get the following message:

"After seeing "End of part 1", you will be asked to generate a final save:"

What am I doing wrong??
I never saw that message either for the v.0.150

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Well, that was an interesting update with quality renders and animations, but in all honesty, I would rather the focus be on more still renders than animations so we can get more story out. After five months, this was far too short. Again, I liked what I seen, great work, but... too short for five months work.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes