Harmonyrose

Jun 24, 2020
Well like i said before you can't like something that was keeping one of your favorite game update delayed. Many of us liked the addition of animations. maybe the dev used them in the wrong place but these are good animations. Now the only downisde is the fact that it delayed the update.

If the dev can deliver the updates on time and with animations honestly i can't see how it is a bad thing

And i would like to see animations that don't depicts sex scenes. Like sophia boobs-butt jiggling or some groping. softer stuff you know, That would be awesome.
its bad because every 5 sec of animation will took 1 month for dev to make? are you actually think its worth?!

• Haha
Reactions: Zozefs and ZongoU

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think the morello thing is gonna end up in a giant mess. I don't know why but when the mob gets involved. Usually nothing good comes out of it
I agree. Even though I'm not enjoying the Aiden storyline anymore, I can't justify getting in bed with the mob. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! If getting into bed with the mob is considered the comfortable way to exit the Aiden storyline, I shudder to think what the uncomfortable solution is.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
This isn't a fair criticism of the anger over certain content. It's one thing to come into a game and avoid the content you don't like. It's a totally other thing to run into objectionable content that you didn't expect and weren't prepared for. If L&P wants a game that includes rape and Shota content, fine, but he should be upfront about that. The Shota content especially was unfairly thrust upon players who didn't expect it. Personally, I never would have started the game if rape and shota had been included in the tags from the beginning. So it's kinda a slap in the face to throw it into the game after four years of development.

I know that L&P has said before that there won't be any sexual violence towards Sophia, but I think that statement is highly suspect at this point. And that worries me.
It's highly likely that if I'd seen Shota in the tags 4+ years ago that I wouldn't have bothered playing this game/VN. It came as a sickening surprise to me when it suddenly landed but I'm still here, principally because I could just revert to playing the first side job & ignore the second, or pretend it's a bad dream Sophia has sometimes. [I've said previously that both side jobs should be dispensed with via the simple process of Sophia being given the full-time hours teaching that she contracted to do....enough time has passed in-game to make this completely logical]. I did consider departing as I've done with Fashion Business, Project Myriam, Special Request & other games. [Not because of Shota, I hasten to add]. I stayed because of the time & effort already committed & the fact that Sophia is such a compelling character. This is, in a way, is the pirate version of the Patrons throwing good money after bad but it was my choice, just as it was when I deleted the other games.

As for the Jennifer scene which has helped re-ignite this controversy, while it could be seen as rape & has been by some, I will split hairs by calling it sex with an element of coercion. That description is arrived at by comparing it with rape scenes in some other games.

Where Sophia is concerned L&P can either take the blackmail to its' obvious conclusion, using whatever devices are necessary, or can make Sophia a willing participant in a mutually consensual sex game. If the latter, then as I've said many times, it's no longer blackmail & the route fizzles out. I can forsee a situation where Sophia has the usual 'lets get it over with' approach, rather than being subjected to hard violence. That is to say, I could forsee it, if the game ever reached task 12. At present this is about as likely as myself & other incest avoiders having to witness a son shagging his own mother. These things are not going to happen because AWAM can't sustain the snail's pace for several more decades.

That such issues are not, however, purely academic, has been made manifest by recent developments & we await the next few playable days knowing that these subjects will keep cropping up.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I agree. Even though I'm not enjoying the Aiden storyline anymore, I can't justify getting in bed with the mob. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire! If getting into bed with the mob is considered the comfortable way to exit the Aiden storyline, I shudder to think what the uncomfortable solution is.
The part I find amusing in all of this is that "getting in bed with the mob" isn't even the comfortable solution. Yeah, refusing Aiden's tasks at the beginning means you miss out on a fair chunk of content, but even Sam got further after the concert than Zac did an update later. That's not progression, but a step backward, whichever way you look at it.

So by skipping Aiden's tasks, you're really not missing anything special

Reactions: Jude6
Apr 15, 2022
The part I find amusing in all of this is that "getting in bed with the mob" isn't even the comfortable solution. Yeah, refusing Aiden's tasks at the beginning means you miss out on a fair chunk of content, but even Sam got further after the concert than Zac did an update later. That's not progression, but a step backward, whichever way you look at it.

So by skipping Aiden's tasks, you're really not missing anything special
Can u please tell if there is any scene for boarding school path in 160?

MrFatCat

Aug 23, 2017
Might be a controversial take (considering there's a game that shall not be named that has a mod literally named "Underaged girls mod") but a female teacher standing idly by and watching while a female student is getting gang-raped in a classroom is one of the grossest things I've ever seen. Dunno about you, but a protective mommy protag is much hotter than an "oh I should stop this but it's so hot... I want a turn!" spineless protag.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
I went through his patreon comments and the dev said that he has an animator. the delay was because the first animator left without finishing and he needed time to find another one. At least that's what i understood from it . So we will see in the future if that's the case or not
In a sense the delay WAS because of the animations. If he didn't include it he never would have had to worry about the guy leaving the job and wasting time looking for someone else to do it.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Can u please tell if there is any scene for boarding school path in 160?
If you're on the boarding school path, this entire playable day isn't really worth downloading. One of the only reasons I downloaded it at all was to 'nade jump, and say it wasn't worth it.

Probably not worth downloading (for those on the boarding school path) until we hit v0.205, which might not be for another year or two.

• Wow
Reactions: Mark FuckerBerg

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I went through his patreon comments and the dev said that he has an animator. the delay was because the first animator left without finishing and he needed time to find another one. At least that's what i understood from it . So we will see in the future if that's the case or not
L&P has made several statements about this. It started with him saying that he had found several highly skilled artists, one of them possibly able to help with scene creation in the future. He also mentioned that he was still missing someone for the "last part", whatever that was supposed to mean. Back then he didn't even tell anyone what the new addition to the game was. A couple weeks later, his first statement was completely over board, and he was apparently working with a single person.

Then came several different statements about the current state of the update, the first missed deadlines and delays. Then another statement where he was talking about the third(!!!) animator working with him. The previous artists apparently either weren't good enough or left him after a week or two. Then came more delays, and more delays, and...yeah, you guessed it, more delays! He even went so far as to say that he couldn't continue with the update as he had to wait for his helper to finish his part, literally blaming his animator for more delays. Kinda weird now that we've all played the update, no? What exactly was the animator doing that L&P couldn't continue working on renders? Every single animation took place in this one classroom with only Aiden/Andre/Jenn being part of it. Nothing we've seen in these animations was in any way connected to any other scene. There was absolutely no reason for L&P not to be able to continue working on the renders for version 0.155. He's somehow managed to start and finish 0.160 within 4 weeks, though. And then these weird comments from L&P on how "every beginning is hard", something nobody would ever say if they had an actual pro creating their animations. Add to that his own efforts on learning how to create animations using Blender, his request on F95 for someone to help him import assets from DAZ to Blender (while apparently having a Blender pro working for him, lmao), and it becomes pretty obvious what's really going on.

I've said it before, but if we were to put all his posts and comments on F95 and his Patreon page next to eachother, the only thing left to do would be to shake our heads in disbelief and maybe a facepalm here and there. This is especially true now that we've actually played the update and everyone can clearly see that many of his statements are questionable, to say the least. And that's me being nice.

Anyway, I'm repeating myself here, but when I see posts like yours I just have to point some things out. Shame on me.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Good point.
I think sophia enjoys being blackmailed like jennifer enjoyed the threesome. Why do i say that? Because it feels like it's a way for both to let their barriers down and fullfill some fantasies while thinking at the same time that they have been forced to do so. So they don't feel guilty about it. I don't know but that's my opinion
Judging by the animations, Jennifer was able to obtain some pleasure from her experience & I'm sure this was L&P's intention. Where Sophia is concerned, she derives a certain thrill from the blackmail but would not opt to continue of her own free will.

Trevorten

Nov 10, 2019
Id
Well do you have a game in mind that has better animations? I wanna see them

To be clear i don't defend him. I just wanna see better animations in other games because i tried a lot
I'd recommend Lisa. The renders are top notch and there's actual sex in it. Also, Inside Jennifer. That one has better renders in my opinion and the animations are good. Fashion business as well.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Well like i said it's your opinion. and i respect it. But i can't see L&P doing these animations by himself. And he said it multiple times that he has a helper why would he lie about that ?
People have been telling L&P to get a team for years. It could be that, in a moment of short sightedness, he lied in an attempt to get people off his back. Maybe he figured that he could get the job done before anyone would notice.

He's also a legendary control freak, and doesn't want anyone involved in his work. He won't even share assets with amateurs for fan art.

But now than likely I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I think he probably did bring someone in, but only as an advisor to help him learn the process. The bulk of the work he did himself, and used the help where he felt he needed it. This could explain why no animator has been listed in the credits, but also how an amateur like himself could quickly get the skills to animate.

The truth is that L&P is just kinda shady and nothing seems to ever go right with his plans. It would be naive to assume he told the full truth after this update went off the rails for months.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes