Trevorten

Nov 10, 2019
Id
Well do you have a game in mind that has better animations? I wanna see them

To be clear i don't defend him. I just wanna see better animations in other games because i tried a lot
I'd recommend Lisa. The renders are top notch and there's actual sex in it. Also, Inside Jennifer. That one has better renders in my opinion and the animations are good. Fashion business as well.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Well like i said it's your opinion. and i respect it. But i can't see L&P doing these animations by himself. And he said it multiple times that he has a helper why would he lie about that ?
People have been telling L&P to get a team for years. It could be that, in a moment of short sightedness, he lied in an attempt to get people off his back. Maybe he figured that he could get the job done before anyone would notice.

He's also a legendary control freak, and doesn't want anyone involved in his work. He won't even share assets with amateurs for fan art.

But now than likely I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I think he probably did bring someone in, but only as an advisor to help him learn the process. The bulk of the work he did himself, and used the help where he felt he needed it. This could explain why no animator has been listed in the credits, but also how an amateur like himself could quickly get the skills to animate.

The truth is that L&P is just kinda shady and nothing seems to ever go right with his plans. It would be naive to assume he told the full truth after this update went off the rails for months.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
And he said it multiple times that he has a helper why would he lie about that ?
The goddamn server maintenance erased everything I typed to reply. Fuck me...

I'm not gonna write the same shit again, so I'll just say this; L&P has Patreon goals for years that are unfulfilled. Goals that he'd find someone to help with the development of the game. He said he'd go with event-based updates after the previous release in November, but all of a sudden though it would be a nice idea to add animations and slow down development even further. And to satisfy those who kept complaining about him not having fulfilled these goals aswell as having a "helper" to blame for whatever comes up during the development of animations, this is the easiest way to do it.

I've actually typed out plenty reasons, but..ugh. My timing is spectacular...I just can't be arsed.

I really don't mind you having your own opinion regarding this, but after several years of constantly slowing down the development of the game, everytime for different reasons, I'm just not willing to believe in his words anymore. He's said so many times that he'd speed up development one way or another, but in the end it was always the exact opposite.

Apr 15, 2022
If you're on the boarding school path, this entire playable day isn't really worth downloading. One of the only reasons I downloaded it at all was to 'nade jump, and say it wasn't worth it.

Probably not worth downloading (for those on the boarding school path) until we hit v0.205, which might not be for another year or two.
I actually have multiple saves for different paths. Boarding school is one of them

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
You must not have gone to school in America because nobody pays attention in literature class...its literally the kind of class you do other homework, browse the internet, listen to music, play phone games, hell even SLEEP, etc.

You'd have to be listening at all for that to happen. The only thing that is UNREAL about L&Ps classroom is how all the kids seem to be carefully paying attention - thats just not reality.
That the kids are paying attention is definitely because L&P has gone to school in Germany, which is very different from how school works in the US. That starts with smaller things like there is no dress code for teachers in Germany beyond being presentable. So you can get teachers dressed ranging from sports clothes (sports teachers teaching other classes, who would have thought;)) over corduroy and very fashionable to pin strip. While it is not that common, you can find some teachers in Germany dressing rather "attention grabbing", making them popular with the pupils, boys or girls, depending the teacher being a him/her. So Sophia is not sticking out all that much on the scale, beside being an insta-hit among the male class members.

As for the attention thing, it might be normal in the US to sleep in class or play phone games, but in Germany this will land you in hot water. Such behaviour is not tolerated in school, maybe in the worst of worst, but not anywhere else. Especially as there are Mitarbeitsnoten (cooperative effort grades), which are an important part of your grades. You are graded for your efforts during classes, attention, answering questions or making notable comments or ideas. So not being attentive will be bad for you or can even get you thrown out of class.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
And to be honest i don't really care who's making them i just wanna see updates on time and some animations. It will be a win for mostly everybody here
With that I do agree, problem is that in 5 years it's only been a downward spiral, and I don't see the end of it. Anyway, not much else to say at the moment. Now's to see what the next updates will bring.

jedilein

Apr 5, 2020
Hi all. I am a big fan of the game. I played it through several times. But i never recách Sams Gig and the Jacuzzi scene afterwards. Can someone please provide me with a hint, where I missed the turnpoint or does any1 have a smaegave, that I can use for Version 0.150 to get there?

Thanks in advance
jedilein

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
I mean, for example, the whole day with daughter and her friends on the beach, where by chance the main character meets Natalie, and all the ensuing scenes from these events.
May I ask you where did you get this information, especially Nathalie's meeting them?

Alley_Cat do we have this intel? I remember a (unconfirmed) beach event on monday PD16 but Nathalie is news to me

Last edited:

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Milking is generally seen as prolonging the support beyond what's needed. This can be in form of constant extra delays in updates and/or purposely delaying/slowing the wanted content progression to make the players wait longer. Milking is not maximizing the number of patrons by giving them what they want.

In an ideal world, it should've been a win-win scenario for the dev and players. Dev would create what the players want in return for patron support. If the dev managed to maintain quality update/progression, then naturally the patron support would also continue for a long time. Dev continues to get money, players continue to get satisfying updates. Win-win for both.

This is why I think AWAM is a missed opportunity, the fact that it's a 3.5-star rated game. Yes, 2k patrons are a lot (more than many of what I considered as better games), but imagine if this game is actually a 4.5-star rated game that it could've been. Suddenly L&P could easily be seeing 5k+ patrons. The market is there for the taking, but the product is not up to scratch.

For what it's worth though, I don't think L&P is milking the game either (at least for now), but I definitely think that the development process could've been vastly improved. It should never take 5 months of development and only get half a day story for a specific branch as the result.
Personally, I think this is more about artistic people not having the best managerial skills. :)

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes