palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
you are saying you like the dev's work but not how he conducts his business? it's a bit contradictory don't you think? Because it's his decisions in the first place that made you love the game. Ok he is bad at communicating. although i think he made a bit of progress on this field. And he is slow and he focuses on details that no one cares about. But nothing is perfect in this world. You love his work you gotta deal with his downsides. That's the way i see it
It's L&P's talent for art and the story which makes people like the game. That has absolutely nothing to do with his project management, though. His art continues to draw people towards this game, but his project management becomes worse with every passing year. And not only that, but the amount of content provided is also decreasing, as can be seen if you're looking at the average render per day count. He's pretty much reduced production of renders per month by around 40% compared to last years November update. And even back then most people would have agreed that he's working at snail speed. If this continues, he'll soon reach a point where his numbers on Patreon will decline (which it already kinda does, as end of April had ~2300 patrons compared to now ~1960) as it's simply not worth paying for something that's getting slower with almost every other development cycle. There has apparently been a big drop in Legend tier patrons aswell from what I've heard.

Now, there'll obviously always be a handful of people paying for this, even if L&P were to release a 100 render update every 2 years. Those are the same people who still pay for guys like Gumdrops and ICSTOR. And looking at the numbers, that's where L&P's project is headed currently unless something changes.

The game itself is great. The developer not so much.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
you are saying you like the dev's work but not how he conducts his business? it's a bit contradictory don't you think? Because it's his decisions in the first place that made you love the game. Ok he is bad at communicating. although i think he made a bit of progress on this field. And he is slow and he focuses on details that no one cares about. But nothing is perfect in this world. You love his work you gotta deal with his downsides. That's the way i see it
Not contradictory in the slightest. Especially when it's some of the initial decisions for the game that I like, but some of the more recent decisions that I don't. I got into this game because it's female protagonist. That was a great decision. The women in the game like Ellie, Patricia and Jules are still some of my favourites of all the games I play. To cut out Liam as an MC was also a great decision. To make all sex scenes optional, is also great. I tried Project Myriam, but ragequit when the forced scene with the fucktard of a boyfriend came up. Also why I don't play JOHN.

My personal gripe is that L&P wont stick to a schedule when particular characters are involved, namely Aiden and Dylan, and the addition of "features" that no-one asked for, that don't add to the story. When updates were split into 1/3 of a PD, L&P said the aim was to release updates every 8 - 10 weeks, so every 2 - 3 months. So a PD could come out about every 6 months, 9 tops. At that rate, when people were playing Aiden's 3rd task, they could have been playing his 4th.

The render budget for v.130 update was about 450 renders. But task 3, and the Dylan event exploded to be about that. Each. And we didn't even get to see Sophia naked that update. Yet L&P decided to add a fighting mini-game to the Dylan route that not everyone could play. There were numerous complaints from Android players not being able to advance the scene. The Yoga event also caused delays, since L&P decided to add Dylan's POV. And most recently the decision to add animations, which delayed the release of the Aiden event by months.

I wouldn't complain nearly as do at the moment, even with the complete desert of content I'm getting this playable day if L&P simply got content out in a reasonable time, instead of the decades it looks like the game is going to take to finish. It's still looking at about a decade until Sophia has sex on the Filthy route.

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
as everyone expected, its hot but short.
the point is sophia accepts and forgives the insult so easily. But at least andre settled his score
and the morrelo option is lame
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

karleston

May 20, 2022
Not contradictory in the slightest. Especially when it's some of the initial decisions for the game that I like, but some of the more recent decisions that I don't. I got into this game because it's female protagonist. That was a great decision. The women in the game like Ellie, Patricia and Jules are still some of my favourites of all the games I play. To cut out Liam as an MC was also a great decision. To make all sex scenes optional, is also great. I tried Project Myriam, but ragequit when the forced scene with the fucktard of a boyfriend came up. Also why I don't play JOHN.

My personal gripe is that L&P wont stick to a schedule when particular characters are involved, namely Aiden and Dylan, and the addition of "features" that no-one asked for, that don't add to the story. When updates were split into 1/3 of a PD, L&P said the aim was to release updates every 8 - 10 weeks, so every 2 - 3 months. So a PD could come out about every 6 months, 9 tops. At that rate, when people were playing Aiden's 3rd task, they could have been playing his 4th.

The render budget for v.130 update was about 450 renders. But task 3, and the Dylan event exploded to be about that. Each. And we didn't even get to see Sophia naked that update. Yet L&P decided to add a fighting mini-game to the Dylan route that not everyone could play. There were numerous complaints from Android players not being able to advance the scene. The Yoga event also caused delays, since L&P decided to add Dylan's POV. And most recently the decision to add animations, which delayed the release of the Aiden event by months.

I wouldn't complain nearly as do at the moment, even with the complete desert of content I'm getting this playable day if L&P simply got content out in a reasonable time, instead of the decades it looks like the game is going to take to finish. It's still looking at about a decade until Sophia has sex on the Filthy route.
Fair points. But you are making predictions based on static environments. Who says he is gonna keep doing this for the next 10 years? Nothing is static in this world. Everything changes no matter what.

So my prediction is that he will branch this game so much that at some point it's gonna be hard for him to keep up. So he will be forced to hire more people to work on it. So what you see as a tragedy may be an opportunity.

And speaking about the render decrease. If you aim for the quality which is definitely what he's doing. You can't have the quantity. I mean if you compare his current work to the first renders. It's like day and night.

Quality takes time that's why it's labeled as quality. Now is it the best strategy to grow and keep your audience happy? Not really.

The best youtubers on the planet are spending millions to be able to produce content on a daily basis. Because it's the way to go to become popular. Content and consistency. it's what 80% of people are looking for. But the produced content lacks of quality no matter how good the guys working on it are ( hello mrbeast )
But there are small channels that are way better in terms of content and benefits. You can learn so much from these small channels and also enjoy the process along the way. And that's what i like.

At the end of the day. I strongly believe that if he does what you guys are suggesting, meaning speeding up the delivery, he will loose that little "extra" that made this game great. And it will be a Being Dik tasteless clone. That's my opinion, i'm not saying i am right or wrong. I think that he needs to find the right balance between quantity and quality.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes